• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

You should NOT be using Boss Armor

89 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

* This applies mostly to the casual/average player base who is struggling with Duo/Tri Boss armor.

Even at 61+ I have never bothered with Boss Equipment.

Lets examine why:

Since this is Armor Specifically it mainly applies to DP.  So which grants more DP, common sets or Boss Armor?  For nearly every player in the game COMMON ARMOR's will be completely superior in DP which also gives you the ability to stack a lot more AP.  The reason for this is how the enchanting process works.  In order to get Duo/Tri Boss Gear many players are struggling through months and spending a fortune on it.

Instead they could have already been in full PEN/TET by using common armors.  I have purchased PEN equipment on the market for FAR CHEAPER than getting a Boss Armor to TRI.  Unless your one of the wealthiest players in the game mostly likely your not going to get TET/PEN Boss gear.

What about all the extra bonuses boss armor grants?

All that extra HP!!!  That HP is completely useless unless you have full TET/PEN Boss gear.  The amount of additional DP you will get from +19, +20 is completely superior to any bonus HP.

I need that stamina!  When fully decked you won't even be able to notice it!  Your stamina will come from breathing, earrings, etc.

What about that attack speed!  You can max run speed, atk or cast speed, and crit rate WITHOUT ANY BOSS ARMOR.

The ONLY way for Boss Gear to truely be viable is to get it to TET or higher.

Remember all those GEAR > ALL statements?  It means AP/DP

EVEN if you can a few extra resistances none of that will matter for PVP either if your running around with measly Duo/Tri gear.  In fact once a players AP tops out even TET/PEN really won't do much.

Instead of wasting billions trying to TRI/TET your boss armor you could have been maxing Earings, Belts, Rings, Trying to TRI/TET your weapons, etc.

Edited by feebleone
6 people like this

Posted (edited)

* This applies mostly to the casual/average player base who is struggling with Duo/Tri Boss armor.

Lets examine why:

Since this is Armor Specifically it mainly applies to DP.  So which grants more DP, common sets or Boss Armor?  For nearly every player in the game COMMON ARMOR's will be completely superior in DP which also gives you the ability to stack a lot more AP.  The reason for this is how the enchanting process works.  In order to get Duo/Tri Boss Gear many players are struggling through months and spending a fortune on it.

Instead they could have already been in full PEN/TET by using common armors.  I have purchased PEN equipment on the market for FAR CHEAPER than getting a Boss Armor to TRI.  Unless your one of the wealthiest players in the game mostly likely your not going to get TET/PEN Boss gear.

All that extra HP!!!  That HP is completely useless unless you have full TET/PEN Boss gear.  The amount of additional DP you will get from +19, +20 is completely superior to any bonus HP.

I need that stamina!  When fully decked you won't even be able to notice it!  Your stamina will come from breathing, earrings, etc.

What about that attack speed!  You can max run speed, atk or cast speed, and crit rate WITHOUT ANY BOSS ARMOR.

EVEN if you can a few extra resistances none of that will matter for PVP either if your running around with measly Duo/Tri gear.  In fact once a players AP tops out even TET/PEN really won't do much.

Instead of wasting billions trying to TRI/TET your boss armor you could have been maxing Earings, Belts, Rings, Trying to TRI/TET your weapons, etc.

Idk I one tapped all my boss armor to TRI soooo ya didn't spend a fortune on it.  I also have TRI rocaba as well.

The part you are skipping is the bonus's.  with full boss everything it works well because you can gem for more damage. Also dont discount the fact that Giath and Tree give a total of 300 hp, and its not useless unless you have TET/PEN lol.  Muskan is the best boot in the game DP/evasion wise regardless of what you say.  And Bheg gloves are needed for acc for most classes.  Unless they use acc accessory's which defeats the purpose.  Also if the armor doesn't have 2 gem slots its garbage. 

Sure you can run max attack/crit without it but you give up gem slots to do it lol.  Thats the point.  Instead of being able to slot those nice RBF gems in your main hand for more damage or accuracy you are slotting attack speed or crit.  And using food to make up the difference.

Thats the difference between people in boss armor and those not.  They are min/maxing their builds.... you clearly aren't not.  And are simply carried by your level.

Lastly doesn't take billions to TRI boss gear, you also dont need to go to TET to be viable with it.  283 DP vs 300 dp.... sorry thats not going to make a lick of difference against someone sporting 240 AP.... you get cc'd you are dead.

Edited by Lemonz
4 people like this

Posted

Lets examine why:

Yea.  No.

7 people like this

Posted

So full tet grunil alone, gives 269DP, Full Tet boss gives 283DP, full tri boss gives 263DP, not to mention the added evasion, accuracy, HP, and stamina. I dunno, regular armor could be cheaper to enhance (subject to RNG) but I wouldn't go telling people to give up on boss armor and settle for less. There isn't anything wrong with doing both is there? I would not try to get tet on normal, fail stack on it and hooray if it goes. But yeah, boss gear > normal.

Posted

Idk I one tapped all my boss armor to TRI soooo ya didn't spend a fortune on it.  I also have TRI rocaba as well.
The part you are skipping is the bonus's.  with full boss everything it works well because you can gem for more damage. Also dont discount the fact that Giath and Tree give a total of 300 hp, and its not useless unless you have TET/PEN lol.  Muskan is the best boot in the game DP/evasion wise regardless of what you say.  And Bheg gloves are needed for acc for most classes.  Unless they use acc accessory's which defeats the purpose.  Also if the armor doesn't have 2 gem slots its garbage. 

Lastly doesn't take billions to TRI boss gear, you also dont need to go to TET to be viable with it.  283 DP vs 300 dp.... sorry thats not going to make a lick of difference against someone sporting 240 AP.... you get cc'd you are dead.

I'm sure everyone appreciates how they just one Tap their Boss equipment ;)  Sounds legit

I can barely see the difference between using full TRI and a PEN/TET setup *cough*

TRI != TET/PEN sorry

1 person likes this

Posted

or you could just spend your money once and level your gear one time.  its all rng, i spent a ton on my gear to get it tri when others spent a fraction

Posted (edited)

I'm sure everyone appreciates how they just one Tap their Boss equipment ;)  Sounds legit

I can barely see the difference between using full TRI and a PEN/TET setup *cough*

TRI != TET/PEN sorry

Thats because you dont know what you are talking about and haven't performed any study at all.  If you had you would know that Boss armor provides superior damage reduction over all compared to other armors.  It also has a synergy with Boss weapons.

Your "feeling" does not equal fact nor does it mean anything.  Sorry.

Oh and ive one tapped the past 10 items ive enchanted to TRI, some people haven't quite figured out enchanting yet and how best to stack it in your favor.  But thats a topic for another time.

Edited by Lemonz
1 person likes this

Posted

Sounds like a feeble attempt to get suckers to start putting boss gear on the marketplace.

13 people like this

Posted

Sounds like a feeble attempt to get suckers to start putting boss gear on the marketplace.

Thats my thought as well haha.

2 people like this

Posted

Lets examine why:

I don't mind having objectively inferior gear

FTFY

Posted

Thats my thought as well haha.

I would not be against it if they did....just sayin....

Posted

post a screenshot of your character and gear.

you completely ignored the fact that muskan offers the most evasion compare to any other pieces

you completely ignored the fact that bheg offers the most accuracy compare to any other pieces.

tree and giath are optional but there aren't any sets that give effects like boss if you already HAVE to wear muskan and bheg for pvp.

Posted

Boss gear makes peoples pp hard, so they feel like they gotta lord it over the people who don't have it, enchant it when you want, if not whatever

Posted (edited)

post a screenshot of your character and gear.

you completely ignored the fact that muskan offers the most evasion compare to any other pieces

you completely ignored the fact that bheg offers the most accuracy compare to any other pieces.

tree and giath are optional but there aren't any sets that give effects like boss if you already HAVE to wear muskan and bheg for pvp.

Every time I ever came across a player I couldn't defeat in PVP it was because my AP (long ago was to low).  Accuracy/Evasion was never a factor.

Now I pretty much melt nearly anyone because the AP is 200++.

I bought a lot of TET around 250M and PEN sometimes for 500 or less.

I recall someone posting they spent months trying to TET their weapon which resulted in them back at PRI which came at a huge cost, but that doesn't happen when people want to argue the other side ;)

The opposite actually.  It would be in my personal interest NOT to share this information as it would make it even more difficult to purchase TET/PEN items from the market.

The trolls are the ones claiming you just "one pop" all your TRI BOSS equipment because WE ALL KNOW THATS HOW THE SYSTEM WORKS

My failstacks on multiple characters where getting up into 50's, 60's before the Dandylion hit TRI.

My common equipment will destroy anyone limited to TRI equipment and outperform them in PVE.

Also, you CAN easily get Common TET on the market while you can't do the same for boss armor/weapons.

Edited by feebleone
1 person likes this

Posted

Your loss, and you might wanna take some time out of your busy schedule towards 62 to look up the recently published datamining literally showing that the main difference between boss gear and "regular gear" is that boss gear has tons more evasion.

Now, if you play in NA you probably don't care about evasion at all and should go full grunil, but for a proper meta you actually do want that evasion ;)

Posted

Your loss, and you might wanna take some time out of your busy schedule towards 62 to look up the recently published datamining literally showing that the main difference between boss gear and "regular gear" is that boss gear has tons more evasion.

That is not that easy. Boss gear have more evasion, but less damage reduction.

Posted (edited)

Now, if you play in NA you probably don't care about evasion at all and should go full grunil, but for a proper meta you actually do want that evasion ;)

I have the boss gear already.  However, in order for it to be more effective as mentioned above it would need to reach TET or higher.  I could also wait it out and buy TET+ on the market, but that could take a long time, and IS NOT AN OPTION FOR THE MAJORITY OF PLAYERS.

In many cases I can not be used as a example, because I am not an average player.

Before doing TET+ boss equipment you could elect to get TRI+ Basilisk, Crescents, Ogre, Seraph, Earrings etc.  Which the target audience for this option would not have.

Note: In PVP and especially PVE now DP/evasion won't do much.  The only way to be more effective is taking AP to absurd levels.

Edited by feebleone

Posted

Interesting :thinking:

Posted

That is not that easy. Boss gear have more evasion, but less damage reduction.

They don't know how to give proper credit to the fact I have full TET/PEN armor.

Evasion is also a gimmick.  Unless you really do a full evasion build it's not going to do that much and even then it's countered by accuracy builds.

Posted

They don't know how to give proper credit to the fact I have full TET/PEN armor.

You should probably buy a set of PEN Hesus accessories to go with it.

Posted

Evasion is also a gimmick.  Unless you really do a full evasion build it's not going to do that much and even then it's countered by accuracy builds.

You do you, all we are saying is that its your opinion.  It's not a fact.  Goal should be boss armor, not because its yellow and boss armor but because its actually good lol.

Posted

You should probably buy a set of PEN Hesus accessories to go with it.

If 2nd tier TET/PEN was cheap on the market I would get it ;)

Posted

Every time I ever came across a player I couldn't defeat in PVP it was because my AP (long ago was to low).  Accuracy/Evasion was never a factor.

Now I pretty much melt nearly anyone because the AP is 200++.

I bought a lot of TET around 250M and PEN sometimes for 500 or less.

I recall someone posting they spent months trying to TET their weapon which resulted in them back at PRI which came at a huge cost, but that doesn't happen when people want to argue the other side ;)

The opposite actually.  It would be in my personal interest NOT to share this information as it would make it even more difficult to purchase TET/PEN items from the market.

The trolls are the ones claiming you just "one pop" all your TRI BOSS equipment because WE ALL KNOW THATS HOW THE SYSTEM WORKS

My failstacks on multiple characters where getting up into 50's, 60's before the Dandylion hit TRI.

My common equipment will destroy anyone limited to TRI equipment and outperform them in PVE.

Also, you CAN easily get Common TET on the market while you can't do the same for boss armor/weapons.

so you are a wizard ok

Posted

so you are a wizard ok

Alternative Facts?

Game over......try again?

Posted

No.