• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Black Desert Online it is not a PvP game. It is a PVE game with 1-2 PvP features.

99 posts in this topic

Posted

I see people asking for Karma to be removed. I see people asking for Open World Full PVP channel. I see people asking for different kind of stuff regarding the PvP. There is a problem. KR and RU asked it 1-2 years ago. Stuff like that it is not on their versions. Stuff like that it wont happen on NA and EU 1st. It will have to happen on KR and it never happened. PVP it is like it is. People play the game like it is...as a whole almost full PVE and PVP. All attention focused on grind wise, life skills or a mix. PVP it is a small feature of the game and somehow you have to get rid of the frustration of not being able to FFA PVP (like i would love) or at least FFA PVP on 1 channel. I still dont understand the reason of 1 channel: NA/EU_FreeForAllPvP1,2,3. Just give the guys want they want. 

press P. Rankings.

13 Tabs.

12 PVE Tabs

1 PvP Tab. Red Battlefield. 

Another Feature: Node Wars. 

What i am trying to achieve is to give developer another chance to see that FreeForAll pvp channels are needed, to the guys with OMG REMOVE KARMA already a chance to see that KARMA is there for a reason, to protect the less dedicated players or unlucky rng enchanters(FURNGJESUS) from the fortunate ones and to give everyone a chance to cope togheter in this great journey. Ah and btw, Black Desert is a PVE GAME. 

PS: Dark Age of Camelot, Ultima Online, Asherons Call, Darkfall, Mortal Online, EvE, Shadowbane this archetype of games are/were designed with pvp at its base.

Give the pvpers what they want and keep the rest of the game like it is. 

4 people like this

Posted

Supply and demand, one game cannot satisfy all needs and demands.

If BDO doesn't have enough PvP for your taste, go play one of those listed games to satisfy your needs. 

Posted

I PvP fishing rank.

2 people like this

Posted

I don't agree or disagree, I still have mixed feelings, but I cannot help to notice how things have changed... back in the days, players used to ask  (and often obtained), full PvE channels. Guess it's a sign of time passing by.

PvP is the most disappointing thing of this game, thou its PvE content is really huge, not too hard, but still huge. Wonder if they've actually cared a bit more about balance and "westernized" a bit (because let's admit this, they promised it but actually never delivered it), it could've been way better.

Posted (edited)

One could also argue that it's a PvP game with an overabundance of PvE features considering they even turn PvE into a competition between players by making PvE focused leaderboards.

The PvE in the game is too brainless and dull for this to be considered a PvE game IMO.

Edited by bakimono
1 person likes this

Posted

full pvp and pve channels would be fine.

Posted

If you kill RPERS all day it's a pvp game 

9 people like this

Posted

One could also argue that it's a PvP game with an overabundance of PvE features considering they even turn PvE into a competition between players by making PvE focused leaderboards.

The PvE in the game is too brainless and dull for this to be considered a PvE game IMO.

PvE competition is...just a brainless competition. Who has the best alchemy stone wins. Who will reach max Guru. Wins.

Posted

it's not. it's a PVE/lifeskills game with optional PVP. the PVP part is purely optional. just like in EVE which is also a crafting/marketing game with PVP/PVE being optional. their are thousands of carebears who have never even gotten into a single PVP fight in Eve.

2 people like this

Posted

PvE competition is...just a brainless competition. Who has the best alchemy stone wins. Who will reach max Guru. Wins.

Indeed, I literally said the PvE is too brainless for me to agree this is a PvE game.

It's a poorly formed PvP game that inserted a puddle deep ocean of PvE and shoe-horned in reasons to make them pvp-esk.

The only part of the game that is particularly well formed, gear balance aside, is the PvP side of things.

The AI is lackluster, the difficulty of PvE is purely artificial (damage out vs damage in instead of any mechanics to speak of) and even the more interesting pve persuits never really get more interesting than pressing a combination of wsad.

Everquest had way more interesting PVE than anything in this game... and as I said you can argue it's a PvP game because they even tried to shoe horn in PvP elements to PvP.

Posted

@bakimono well i like the Life Skill thing a lot. its the most complex crafting mmo ive played. FFXIV has complex PvE too

Posted

@bakimono well i like the Life Skill thing a lot. its the most complex crafting mmo ive played. FFXIV has complex PvE too

It's not so much about like or dislike as it is wholly uninteresting and not challenging.

The crafting is really only complex in that it is inundated with redundant and useless options that require huge amounts of various materials to help sell you inventory and bank expansions.

Wildstar has a much more in depth crafting system IMO as does both FF online games because the crafting is actually highly meaningful and not just a few useful buffs, extremely cost prohibitive buff stones and the odd vehicle or two.

If I thought BDO was a bad game I wouldn't be here, just it really does lack the depth to be a PvE game and the only thing particularly well done is the combat system, and the only interesting combat is PvP. The tools they give you and the high twitch / pace of the combat is hamstrung by the most basic AI that is only marginally better than 20+ year old games did and every lifeskill activity can be mostly or completely afk'ed.

The PvE in BDO is very pretty but has very little real depth; it just has a crapload of shallow PvE.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm a braindead cook but hey! ... kitchen is battlefield of it's own ^^

Posted (edited)

Primarily, I play the game to mess with life skills.

However, I feel like this thread is pushing the view that the game is a PvE game, as if that excludes pvp. It is not a simple matter of "This game is PVP, this game is PVE", nor is it a matter like other MMOs of PVP and PVE content being utterly segregated. Rather, this game blends the two. PVP is an integral part of the game, just as the lifeskills are - And owing to past changes, PVP has fallen by the wayside somewhat as a means of defending grind spots etc.

Most people aren't asking for karma to be removed, though: They're merely asking for the penalties for death and the karma cost of killing someone to be balanced. Right now they're too skewed in favour of the one dying, such that PVP is useless as a tool to defend a grind spot. The underlying issue here is that dying in PVP is only an inconvenience, but killing someone penalises you disproportionately. The karma cost made sense when killing someone could wipe out anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours worth of xp from grinding, but the cost does not make sense since the xp loss on death was removed.

Bring that xp loss back, rebalanced so that it doesn't penalise higher levels disproportionately whilst barely bother people at level 56, and then the karma costs will be ok.

As for splitting things into PVP and PVE? No thank you. You'd end up with dev time dedicated to balancing two different versions of the game, all because some people fail to grasp that PVP is here to stay and is part of the game.

If you truly can't handle the PVP part of the game, then don't level to 50. You've been given that choice, yet many of you opt to cross that threshold then complain when the inevitable happens. It's like going outside even when you know there's a good chance of rain, then whining about the rain. Get over it.

EDIT: If we're taking menus and in game stuff as 'evidence' that PVP isn't that important, then why in the everliving hell do the classes ALL have a wide range of skills that are only useful in PVP and why are guild wars such a big deal? 

And yes, changes to make PVP happen more DO happen in our version. Like the patch today making it possible to dec any guild!

Edited by Zann
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

As for splitting things into PVP and PVE? No thank you. You'd end up with dev time dedicated to balancing two different versions of the game, all because some people fail to grasp that PVP is here to stay and is part of the game.

They already do that with the skill difference between pve & pvp ;)

They already do that because siege & node are pvp "only" game mode => using only specific channel, remove mob.. etc.

They already do that with the ""guild wars"""

What's they actualy do not do, is creating meaningful open world pvp, but just pull it in, in a very clunky way into the pve => pk grind spot => in the end, just annoy the pve. Instead of having a interesting owpvp because x y "frame" with activity - quest - challenge & so.

If you truly can't handle the PVP part of the game

There is nothing to handle, RNG result with allow you to handle it or not. As players you are nearly irrelevant, unless the RNG allow you to go to a gear power high enough to more or less have skill matter.

. It's like going outside even when you know there's a good chance of rain, then whining about the rain. Get over it.

When you know its going to rain, you can get the necessary clothes to protect yourself to not be wet, so not be bothered to do what you wanna do. While, if you want to "fully" enjoy pve ( so awakening & so ) you cant protect yourself against "pvp" because the devs choose to pull that pardory deep down your throat, want it or not.

( well, it wouldnt be an issue if that base "pvp" wasnt that broken ( rng gear2win ) )

EDIT: If we're taking menus and in game stuff as 'evidence' that PVP isn't that important,

BDO still is a full pve game with tiny few things MADE for pvp. Its only "important" because they FORCE the owpvp.

which is more than totaly different from a game with well thought pvp ^^

Edited by woots

Posted

omg delusional ppl. its a pvp game.

1 person likes this

Posted

One could also argue that it's a PvP game with an overabundance of PvE features

What are you talking about?

It's a horse riding simulator where you can also ride midget elephants.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

End game is all PvP related.  Node Wars, Sieges, Guild Wars, RBF.  There's literally zero PvE end game content.  Grind the same pirates you've been grinding for 500 more hours?  Chop the same wood?

This is definitely a PvP oriented game.  It's very similar to ArcheAge and Lineage 2 in design concepts (aka PvE in order to PvP).

Saying there is no PvP leaderboards or whatever is the dumbest shit I have ever heard.  Open up your Map and look at the guild icon that OWNS AN ENTIRE TERRITORY.  That's more important than your -----ing fishing icon.

Edited by Dreamagain
2 people like this

Posted

Its largely a single player PvE game at that. 

Posted

Its largely a single player PvE game at that. 

Kama is going to require groups/parties, at least.

Such a shame that the party system in the game penalizes more than it benefits.

Posted

It's largely a PvE game with open world PvP, that's basically the beginning and the end of it. The only catch is that open world PvP is so overwhelming that it overshadows all aspects of PvE outside of safe zones. In other words, wherever there's PvE, there's also PvP.

You can choose not to partake in node wars or guild wars, refuse to flag up, or sit at level 49.9999 and remain a lifeskiller and have a 100% PvE experience, which is the beauty of BDO in my opinion.

I'm a fan of the single server because it allows for a larger community of diverse players. I like seeing players with better gear than me, feeling like there's something out there to actually fear. If you manage to kill one, it feels fantastic.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

They should have pve and pvp channels. Since a large portion of the population dont even pvp.

Edited by AlexHuaTIan
spelling

Posted

They should have pve and pvp channels. Since a large portion of the population dont even pvp.

id really love to know where you got this information from.

Posted

AlexHuaTlan, you're missing a major point.

Segregating it like that would invariably be bad for the game. Whilst they do tweak skillls for PVP etc, there's no point at all in open world PVP if people can just ignore it somehow, such as using a PVE channel.

Your desire for a PVE channel is fundamentally incompatible with what others want. We want a single server with multiple channels, with open world PVP. Not two servers, one for PVE, because it takes away from the PVP and splits up the playerbase.

Let me put it another way:

You've walked into a restaurant famous for great food and a unique atmosphere. Part of this atmosphere is an unending stream of classic American rock. They have a dance floor, but only some people get up to dance.

You sit down, order food, and then you tell the waiter "I don't like rock music, nor how those people are dancing!" and he looks baffled. You continue, "Please, turn the music down, I want to enjoy my food in peace!" and still, the waiter looks baffled.

You might think that turning the music down is acceptable. You feel as if you're being utterly reasonable. It's just music after all, who cares?

But if you they turn the music down for you, it would change the atmosphere for others. It may even put some people off dancing and they may decide not to come back again. 

You asking for PVP to be segregated into specific channels, or for a way to opt out of it entirely, is just like this. You want to fundamentally alter the atmosphere of the game in a way that would negatively impact not just the people who mostly PK (The dancers!) but also those of us who like that PK is possible, even if we rarely dabble in it.

We don't want the game to have PVP and PVE channels. We don't want to feel like we've made an active choice to fall in one category or another. We just want the "Omg gib PVE safe place" stuff to stop, because it's a selfish request that fundamentally misunderstands why the game appeals to some players. 

So stop. Stop asking. Stop pushing to change the game that the majority of players want because you didn't think to do your research before playing, or worse, because you did your research and decided to join up and try to force the game to cater to you. 

PK is like the glorious chaotic noise in that restaurant and if anything, I hope it gets louder.

3 people like this

Posted

End game is all PvP related.  Node Wars, Sieges, Guild Wars, RBF.  There's literally zero PvE end game content.  Grind the same pirates you've been grinding for 500 more hours?  Chop the same wood?

This is definitely a PvP oriented game.  It's very similar to ArcheAge and Lineage 2 in design concepts (aka PvE in order to PvP).

Saying there is no PvP leaderboards or whatever is the dumbest shit I have ever heard.  Open up your Map and look at the guild icon that OWNS AN ENTIRE TERRITORY.  That's more important than your -----ing fishing icon.

If Node Wars, Sieges, Guild Wars, RBF are considered PvP endgame (something I don't agree with because the game doesn't end there) then it seems to me that the same logic would mean that all quest are PvE endgame or even killing bosses is PvE endgame.  Also, obtaining the best gear in game, which many players seem to think is endgame as well, is PvE since players don't drop gear when you kill them (all gear comes from NPC or rewards through events).

If I'm wrong about this then perhaps you can explain the logic behind your claim that these activities are endgame content.

Making claims of endgame content in a game that doesn't really end has some serious problems.  I think what people are doing with the claims of endgame are the same as the arguments that pay for convenience is pay to win.  Since it doesn't really exist in BDO they are distorting the meaning of the phrase or word. In other words considering something in BDO as being endgame is only in the minds of those that believe that.

I wouldn't be surprised if most of the people that grind the same pirates for 500 hours or more are PvP players and that most of the players that chop wood also use that wood in various ways that can take a great deal of effort and planning. 

BDO is not designed to be strictly a PvP game.  It's an MMORPG (role playing game) with elements of both PvP and PvE.  It's well suited for people that are strictly PvE players (karma system is working as intended) and it seems to me that the people that are the most satisfied with BDO are usually PvE players.

2 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0