• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Black Desert Online it is not a PvP game. It is a PVE game with 1-2 PvP features.

99 posts in this topic

Posted

I am Master15 fishing and i PVP.

Is this blasphemy? :$

No, blasphemy is your: "there is no obvious tournaments between fishers "cringe cringe etc etc"".

Don't confuse things. Btw i doubt it, post a screenshot pls.

Even if you really do, it's a shame, because your one-sided mind won't progress any further since PvP is your holy graal, fishing is the tool you use to get your lazy-ass money i get it.

Low b8t attempt tho  :x

Posted

Why you hate pvp? :(

Posted

I am Master15 fishing and i PVP.

Is this blasphemy? :$

Not if you have the MasterBaiter Title, because the general perception is that BDO PvPers must Masterbait a lot.

Posted

Why you hate pvp? :(

Because of ppl like you. "Salt is fun lol" nuff said.

Big guild are s***in each other trough PvF without taking actions, when they do they look like a dance parade with autistic moves to avoid direct confrontation in fear of getting banged by 2 others (or more, depends if they like it). Then they cry about alliances, these are only proofs of a childish community full  of 20/30-ish y-o tard kids. Hey who got the bigger epeen? Can't answer it? Do PvF it's a miracle way to get answers.... comedy gold 2K17.

Alliances are part of it, trashtalk is part of it. Disrespect/hate/traitorous actions are not to be made in a game, do it for real and face consquences, it's fun i swear.

But i guess the game has become  a lot more for some of us no? They need the thrill. The stupid af thrill making 'em the ideal Customer. Isn't that right artisans mems?

Where's the real boy's at? Respect/fair-play are dead since a long time now, that is why i'll piss with a huge smile on that "PvP".

I hate sieges, GvG, Arena, Duels with this "gameplay?", nice to see a warrior getting a god mode trough stupid IFramed AOE. I grief with a smile, i waste money to respawn only to see karma getting red on & on all day long so basic PvP plebs gets angry.

Why is it so? Because of ppl, common senses/average mentality are way worse than 10 years ago. Today it's hard to find good ppl with a MATURE mind. Only kids "thriving to be the best yaaayyy", what the f*** is that community heh? I remember a time where you had to do groups in order to prevail, now the whole fking game is solo grind.

"High end" gamplay/PvP is rotten to the core by this, and that good'ol company who'll provide us valk cry when the game goes F2P.

Not if you have the MasterBaiter Title, because the general perception is that BDO PvPers must Masterbait a lot.

You dam right basic pleb.

Posted

To much to read, going back to my pvp. Kappa

Posted

To much to read, going back to my pvp. Kappa

Another stupid troll blocked. Good day it is.

Posted

Yeah yeah the classic PvE-only warrior lines.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah yeah the classic PvE-only warrior lines.

Basic pleb. :x

Posted

Basic pleb. :x

Even more classic;
Tells he blocked you but actually didn't.
PvE-only warrior basics.

The next step would be that he blocks me and makes a screenshot of it.

Posted

I don't get ur obsession with labels. BDO is an MMORPG that has elements of both PVE and PVP. Strictly PVP game would be like Counter Strike or LoL/DoTa which this obviously isn't, nor is it a PVE game like Baldurs Gate. If you want more PVP, just go visit Sausans or Pirate Island with PVP Flag on. Go Desert with -Karma, you'd be surprised how much PVP you'd suddenly get. Other than that you have quite nice selection of Arena based combat, Duels, Organized Large Scale PVP. You have whole Jail system around Valencia and every day griefing for spots. Honestly i'm mostly here for PVE, but find myself fighting more people than i would sometimes like. If you want purely PVP experience go play LoL.

Posted

Even more classic;Tells he blocked you but actually didn't.
PvE-only warrior basics.

The next step would be that he blocks me and makes a screenshot of it.

hahaha, i did, i only show the last message so i can entertain myself with your replies, and guess what friend, it seems that you like having the last word.

So do I. I'll make a video about my block, much more accurate. Don't get b8ted Drakb8ter, your karma is getting red.

Posted

hahaha, i did, i only show the last message so i can entertain myself with your replies, and guess what friend, it seems that you like having the last word.

So do I. I'll make a video about my block, much more accurate. Don't get b8ted Drakb8ter, your karma is getting red.

K so now you blocked me; end of story tryharder.

1 person likes this

Posted

K so now you blocked me; end of story tryharder.

Basic Pleb again. :x

Posted

So you didn't block me you just said you blocked me to hurt my feelings? xD

3crdnnw.png

Posted

So you didn't block me you just said you blocked me to hurt my feelings? xD

3crdnnw.png

B8ted again, keep circling.

Posted

B8ted again, keep circling.

Yes i never got baited so good.
Really.

Posted

Yes i never got baited so good.
Really.

:x

Posted

Most of my PVP fights have required less skill than tougher PVE areas.

Nice try though.

Anecdotal aren't actual evidence of anything.

Nice try though.

Posted

Primarily, I play the game to mess with life skills.

However, I feel like this thread is pushing the view that the game is a PvE game, as if that excludes pvp. It is not a simple matter of "This game is PVP, this game is PVE", nor is it a matter like other MMOs of PVP and PVE content being utterly segregated. Rather, this game blends the two. PVP is an integral part of the game, just as the lifeskills are - And owing to past changes, PVP has fallen by the wayside somewhat as a means of defending grind spots etc.

Most people aren't asking for karma to be removed, though: They're merely asking for the penalties for death and the karma cost of killing someone to be balanced. Right now they're too skewed in favour of the one dying, such that PVP is useless as a tool to defend a grind spot. The underlying issue here is that dying in PVP is only an inconvenience, but killing someone penalises you disproportionately. The karma cost made sense when killing someone could wipe out anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours worth of xp from grinding, but the cost does not make sense since the xp loss on death was removed.

Bring that xp loss back, rebalanced so that it doesn't penalise higher levels disproportionately whilst barely bother people at level 56, and then the karma costs will be ok.

As for splitting things into PVP and PVE? No thank you. You'd end up with dev time dedicated to balancing two different versions of the game, all because some people fail to grasp that PVP is here to stay and is part of the game.

If you truly can't handle the PVP part of the game, then don't level to 50. You've been given that choice, yet many of you opt to cross that threshold then complain when the inevitable happens. It's like going outside even when you know there's a good chance of rain, then whining about the rain. Get over it.

EDIT: If we're taking menus and in game stuff as 'evidence' that PVP isn't that important, then why in the everliving hell do the classes ALL have a wide range of skills that are only useful in PVP and why are guild wars such a big deal? 

And yes, changes to make PVP happen more DO happen in our version. Like the patch today making it possible to dec any guild!

To suggest that PVERs should have to stop at level 50 is ridiculous. I hate PVP and I never get involved with it but that doesn't mean I shouldn't get to experience the whole game. I've paid the same amount of money as anyone else (and probably more than quite a few). How would you feel if PVPERs could only level to level 50 and not beyond? I suspect you'd be somewhat unhappy. If you want to experience all the content as I'm entitled to do, there really is no choice to just stop at level 49.99.

The simplest way is dedicated channels and mixed channels for PVE and PVP. I would quite happily leave you PVPERS to your own channels and go about my business. But to miss most of the game just because I don't want to PVP - that makes no sense.

At the end of the day they need to try and cater for everyone - dedicated channels would do this.

Posted

Give the pvpers what they want and keep the rest of the game like it is. 

How about we let the game be as it is.

It is insane on how many smart people in this game/forum, that know exactly how everyone else should play this game. You really don't know...

Posted

God, the usual carebear bs.. sigh.

Posted

Ive learned to love the karma system as a pvper. I used to ----- about it. But now i understand that it brings a bit of balance to our world.

It forces me to get back on the grind when in 500k in the hole. I dare not afk anything outside a safe zone because i dont wanna die and i dont get pissed when i get caught afk horse riding outside a safezone. 

It adds an element of real life danger. Hell you could walk outside a dark alley and get mugged irl. And you know what most people would say? Why were you in a dark alley by urself? 

Weather its a pve game with pvp or vice versa it doesnt matter.

In the words of the carebears let me just play the game my way.

Posted

Don't worry,  I won't counter you too hard. :D

yeah you will :|

Posted

You can PK in the desert without any penalties other than jail so there's that.

I'll admit, I never understood why people lifeskill in this game but don't want to ever pvp. It confuses me to no end.

1 person likes this

Posted

k

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0