• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Massive Ranger Buffs INCOMING!!!!

34 posts in this topic

Posted

Rumor has it Ranger is getting massive buffs!!!

Posted

What may that be?

Posted

I can make rumors that the wife of Donald Trump is sucking my teacher's wiener.

What we need is proof, not just a stupid rumor.

Posted

This is what the eloquent op was talking about. I'm pretty sure we're just getting meme'd though.

Screenshot_2017-03-15-12-26-19.png

Posted

Well lets hope so, cause atm will of the wind does no damage, unless you walk around with 250+ ap, which you probably are, but im not..............

Posted

True or not, dmg buffs isnt the buffs ranger needs 

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

76a2a47b7dfe9eacd09de1da66abd834.gifDoes this mean we might see the return of a decent shotgun ?

Edited by Rilok
1 person likes this

Posted

True or not, dmg buffs isnt the buffs ranger needs 

Its PvE boost, dont worry ;)

Posted

If They Would do this lol especially after nerfing the shit out of charging wind.o.O

Posted

The only buffs I want on ranger is Less Durability usage and Less Mana consumption.

Das all I need for happiness.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Survivability, 

DPS

CC

Utility

Ranger right now is not good at any of these unless you have top 1% stats.

I'd like to see ranger AP damage scale better on the low/mid gear levels.

Un-nerf our bow skills,  bow right now hits like a wet noodle, unless you have godly gear.

Give ranger more CC and survivability. 

You think this is too much to ask for? Rank a ranger, witch,  wizard, warrior,  sorc, zerks, or any other class,  all at 200AP, with equal skill and DP, you know Damn well that ranger would be at the bottom, without even being able to bring any utility,  survivability,  or cc that other classes can bring to a battle

Edited by Akuma⁴
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I agree with Akuma. Ranger might be great with great gear but who isnt ? low/mid gear levels are utter trash compared to other classes. This makes people hate the class unless they are really stubborn and push for those 220+ AP. 

It would be great if we get some of the useless skills actually somehow usefull. The original Charging wind has really cool animation but its utter trash. The tree buff is very hard to use and it provides very limited use. The Penetrating wind became complete shit after the nerf. If this is somehow brough into the game it would be great. Pot consumption and durability are also outstanding issues with the class. 

Edited by NK
1 person likes this

Posted

I agree with Akuma. Ranger might be great with great gear but who isnt ? low/mid gear levels are utter trash compared to other classes. This makes people hate the class unless they are really stubborn and push for those 220+ AP. 

It would be great if we get some of the useless skills actually somehow usefull. The original Charging wind has really cool animation but its utter trash. The tree buff is very hard to use and it provides very limited use. The Penetrating wind became complete shit after the nerf. If this is somehow brough into the game it would be great. Pot consumption and durability issues are also outstanding issues with the class. 

Pot consumption is bad M'Kay.

In all seriousness Rangers really just need some tlc and qol touches more than anything, simply giving us the true damage a class with next to no utility or tankiness requires to function would just break us lol.

3 people like this

Posted

id be happy if we regained the ability to grind fast in bow stance

Posted

I can make rumors that the wife of Donald Trump is sucking my teacher's wiener.

What we need is proof, not just a stupid rumor.

Your teachers too?

Posted

If I could farm without using 200+ mana pots, that would be pretty great.

Posted

Survivability, 

DPS

CC

Utility

Ranger right now is not good at any of these unless you have top 1% stats.

I'd like to see ranger AP damage scale better on the low/mid gear levels.

Un-nerf our bow skills,  bow right now hits like a wet noodle, unless you have godly gear.

Give ranger more CC and survivability. 

You think this is too much to ask for? Rank a ranger, witch,  wizard, warrior,  sorc, zerks, or any other class,  all at 200AP, with equal skill and DP, you know Damn well that ranger would be at the bottom, without even being able to bring any utility,  survivability,  or cc that other classes can bring to a battle

no one is going to permanently stay at mid/low gear levels, balancing around those is pointless, end game will be where most ppl stop, so balancing around that is what is done; that being said, how is ranger lacking cc? grab knockback stun stiffness knockdown floating.... you can literally cc anything given the chance; you cant expect good dps when you have burst damage as well... for survivability, true you dont have a block but thats what comes at the cost of being a glass cannon.

for the bow, on its own it does no damage, literally pointless to even use it on its own, combine it with awakening, its quite good, a ranger once grabbed me, did regeneration, and just spammed will of the wind til i died and i could not get up due to the knockdown (3 secs or so) being combined with a down smash.

Posted

no one is going to permanently stay at mid/low gear levels, balancing around those is pointless,

I agree with the rest but I wonder why its pointless to provide consitent experience of the class throughout all the tiers. Why do you need to invest a huge ammount of time and effort to feel equal with the other classes ? I am pretty sure that rangers at 180 AP feel much much worse than wizzards at 180 AP or any of the other classes. ( I might be wrong as I never played all of the classes :) )

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree with the rest but I wonder why its pointless to provide consitent experience of the class throughout all the tiers. Why do you need to invest a huge ammount of time and effort to feel equal with the other classes ? I am pretty sure that rangers at 180 AP feel much much worse than wizzards at 180 AP or any of the other classes. ( I might be wrong as I never played all of the classes :) )

i know the feeling as a musa with 220ap and not being able to do the same dmg as a wiz with 180ap; but giving ppl the experience of top tier players at medium tier may cause them to stay at their current tier, the harder a person gets knocked down the higher they should want to climb.

Posted

I kill the majority of the people with just 200AP, I don't know why you guys complain about rangers AP scaling. It's one of the best. Take in mind, I am only level 58 and I melt 60s after a succesfull grab. Obviously I don't deal shit to someone with more than just muskans evasion.

I guess you want our tremble to kill 5+ people in groupfights like a wizard can with his AOE's. But that's not what the class ranger is designed for. 

Anyway, if you really struggle to kill people with 200AP. You're probably not doing a proper combo, try to get a combo where you put as much damage possible in a very short time. I see many people that land a grab only do a tremble after that and thinking it will kill someone. 

Posted (edited)

What combo do you do after grab for a lot of damage in very short time that actually keeps you safe from CC ?

Waltz combos are really risky to pull of arround other enemies. I use it only to disengage after a vine knot. 

Switching to ranged to spam WotW is also unusable outside of 1v1. 

So you have to use skills that give you SA or frontal block ( the second being very prone to grabs)

So with 220 AP ( accuracy from tree belt, kzarka and bhegs ) after a grab if I go regeneration ( frontalblock ) -> nature trebmle ( frontalblock)->  vine knot into back waltz ( SA ) -> shotgun ( vulnerable but at distance already )  I dont always get a kill on guys with proper gear and level. Especially valks, zerks, warriors, ninjas, even wizzard/witch. On some of them I dont even take half of the HP bar. I have to open with breezy into rushing wind and than the rest but already makes the combo really long. Usually for that time there are a bunch of people on your back making it really risky to get out if at all they leave you to finish your combo as you are prone to grabs in the blocks.

So what am I doing wrong :)

Edited by NK

Posted

tip for 100% land do triple dash grab tremble regen vineknot back waltz shotgun 
-block or don learn flow:rooting after grab 50% chance bump if ennemy dont get bump u miss ur tremble.
-dont do regen after grab is the guy get bump u will miss ur tremble doit regen alway after tremble.

Posted

-block or don learn flow:rooting after grab 50% chance bump if ennemy dont get bump u miss ur tremble.

I dont get this buddy. What do you mean ? 50% chance bump ? Whats that ?

Posted

I dont get this buddy. What do you mean ? 50% chance bump ? Whats that ?

I think he means the spacing that gets messed up when you use rooting after a grab. Its the skill that a lot of rangers lock to prevent being an awkward distance away to try and continue your combo.

I THINK.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

bump is down smash  
if u land down smash on guy on the ground the guy get push back on the ground call the bump 
regeneration and flow:rooting do down smash but not 100% land 50% chance work if ur bump fail after flow rooting the guy is on ur feet and when u use trembling u go bit foward and the guy on the ground is going to be behind u and u will miss ur trembling.

im 61 ranger 12% NA

Edited by stalas