• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Earning Silver?? Low CP/Ene, Sub Par Gear

16 posts in this topic

Posted

So a few problems I currently have. Since I have low Energy/CP my node connection is extremely limited to what I can place workers at. Then on the energy side of things gathering with 150~ energy feels so small compared to other with 250 or even 300+. Right now I have Velia to Heidel, with both cities with workers, gathering stuff for beer and tools, with Heidel having a few things that I have workers on for passive money like cooking honey and flax. Then I have Sausans and pirates connected and that's basically the extent of how much I can connect with 6 points left over.

Then on the sub par gear I'm at 141/163/231 level 56.7 Ninja. It's a reroll class from a long hiatus from the game and basically came back to the game when ninja was released. On the grinding front I've been terribly slow and I'm angry at that. But on my gear I have 3/4 TRI Ulti Grunil, PRI non boss Ulti weapons, TRI Ulti Katana, PRI Marks x2, PRI Blue Coral Earrings x2, and Shultz set default. Since Valencia isn't highly populated by higher level players to grind at, you still have geared and over leveled people at pirates which is why my grind has been halted so much, along side of pure procrastination. I can somewhat farm Pirates and even when I do I find it almost like a huge commitment since it's a 20 min boat ride each way. Then the time I also spend grinding there. And if your PK'd you lose the coins you got for the traders which cut into your value. So overall for a 56, I'm fairly geared but up against 57-59's that are most likely grinding at pirates and it might be their alts or mains that are better geared than me since I feel like I do no damage in PvP to thee people, it's very hard to contest to grind here.

So from both of these issues from the grinding and the more passive CP/Ene system, I'm finding it harder and harder to earn silver so I'm able to upgrade gear. Yes the login rewards are sold that I get since end game Crescents and so forth aren't useful till DUO/TRI anyways compared to the cheaper alternatives at DUO/TRI. So what do? Do I just channel hop at pirates til I soon find a clear channel? And is my passive money thru CP/Ene worth? From Velia/Heidel I also gather sunrise/Silver Azaela for Imperial Alch boxes.

Just not sure what I can do for my active in game time to make silver so I can buy my upgrades, since there's so much gear floating on the MP, no sense in enhancing myself since grinding is an easier option. All the login rewards and increase in player base from launch when I use to play is making the MP a lot more saturated than it use too be.

PS. Sorry for any typo's or grammar, I'm at work when I typed this up and was more of a getting this thought out of my head and into a post than correctly typing it up. :\

Posted

"Then I have Sausans and pirates connected..."

1st rule of using CP and energy to make profits: Dont waste them on nodes for "better" loot when you grinding.

You have potential, just need to search for more information on forum.

Posted

Low CP = afk cook beers until you have enough subproducts. Then get your CP.

Low energy = explore, talk with everyone.

Low gear = Just grind where you can according with your gear. If sausans is too much go rogues or elrics.

A good option for low cp/energy is afk fishing and sell relics or do relic party and sell memories.

Another one is eggs. Craft boiled eggs or omelettes and do imperial cooking.

Once you have 200 CP you can do much more things :D

Posted

So beer's sell fast ?

Posted

So beer's sell fast ?

You can sell beers but you don't craft beers for profits but because it's a cheap recipe so you can cook "non-stop" to get a subproduct which gives CP once you turn in it.

(You will need beer regardless to feed your workers :P)

Posted

Do you have all of your alts created for all of your character slots so that you can generate and use energy from them?

Posted

Do you have all of your alts created for all of your character slots so that you can generate and use energy from them?

Yes I do. Most the time I'm not to sure what to use the energy on. Sometimes I burn in on node levels. Or other I gather river water for my imperial alchemy. 54 Wiz,  53 Zerk, 41 DK, and 20 Musa/Maewha/Tamer.

"Then I have Sausans and pirates connected..."

1st rule of using CP and energy to make profits: Dont waste them on nodes for "better" loot when you grinding.

You have potential, just need to search for more information on forum.

Really? Why not? For instance I have 6 CP left over right now, and its 13 CP for pirates since I just connected it last weekend. And for Sausans I'd say around 10 or so. I know faring for the large fences it costs 7 CP each. But other then that, I'm not too sure what other nodes/cities to work towards for passive income. Once I don't need beer so much to earn CP, I'll be cutting back my workers gathering 3 types of beer products (corn/potatoe Velia), and Wheat from Heidel. I'll probably cut it back just to Heidel Wheat in the future, and use Velia for Copper/Iron/Ash Timber once I make the switch for tools and stuff.

Posted

Yes I do. Most the time I'm not to sure what to use the energy on. Sometimes I burn in on node levels. Or other I gather river water for my imperial alchemy. 54 Wiz,  53 Zerk, 41 DK, and 20 Musa/Maewha/Tamer.

Really? Why not? For instance I have 6 CP left over right now, and its 13 CP for pirates since I just connected it last weekend. And for Sausans I'd say around 10 or so. I know faring for the large fences it costs 7 CP each. But other then that, I'm not too sure what other nodes/cities to work towards for passive income. Once I don't need beer so much to earn CP, I'll be cutting back my workers gathering 3 types of beer products (corn/potatoe Velia), and Wheat from Heidel. I'll probably cut it back just to Heidel Wheat in the future, and use Velia for Copper/Iron/Ash Timber once I make the switch for tools and stuff.

Dont trust on RNG, you can have more profit investing the CP no nodes with resources and processing them later. If you like grinding at sausan's i recommend you to rent the chest of storage keeper in Altinova and invest 1 CP at the house in front of stable of Kusha, put the chest there and get your wagon to grind more at sausans and save those grunils, this is an option for you, re-invest the CP to keep grinding for more time there = higher chance of get better loot and less time spent on repairing gear/buying pots. This is just a way to optimize your grind there. And the pirates, the reason to connect that node is to sell the coins at Valencia or Ancado, otherwise is a big waste of CP because you have 2 spots to grind atm, always rework your CP network to active income, never invest for something that your barely use for 2-3 hours only. Tip: Calpheon, Mediah and Serendia nodes have less CP cost, always check the market and search for demands, if you can put workers to get materials and processing later and sell on marketplace for profits, do it, but you have too study this game a lot and learn how economy works wich certain events, if you have time, i sugest you to look at the life skillers streamers, you can learn a lot with them, and keep searching on forum, always help :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Invest the CP into guaranteed income rather than RNG income. For example, you mentioned the 7 CP fences. You get 10 slots, doing the top blue quality seeds you can get usually around 6-7k a product and average of around 30 product per seed (assuming just selling the product and not adding more value via cooking/alch/imp trading). Now assume 50-60% of your plots you have to 'breed' to remain self sufficient in seeds (or if you miss the timer and the plants hit 200% just breed all of them for seeds, worth more this way).

So 6k per product, 4 plants to farm with average yield of 30 and (for example) wheat with a 4 hour growth time roughly (assuming you get lucky and have a giant working them with water and fertilizer, don't bother witht he scarecrow or waterworks) you make 120 wheat per cycle = 720,000 - market fees

Not bad for when your at work/sleeping and it scales well if you have your fishing alt gathering online energy and silver via shards/valia silver spot

now I'm new and found this out early on, like in the first week or two of the game (I left after a month or two and just got back now) and am sitting on a comfortable amount of silver and assets and I'm not even past level 55 (just sped the DK to 55 for the event, now she i parked there till awakening I guess). Also look into clothes workshops, you already have Flax nodes you say so why not add more value to them? There are youtube vids regarding this you can look up. I may only make 4-7 mill passivly per day if I sold all the stuf I make and only having 115 CP spread out, if you have more you can make much much more, you just need to think outside the box, it is a sandbox after all...do what you enjoy!

1 person likes this

Posted

people telling you to grind beers for sub-product turn ins are doing it wrong and behind the times...

you should be cooking Essence of Liquor and anyone telling you otherwise needs shot...

1 fruit 1 cereal 1 leavening agent vs 5 cereal waters sugars etc...waste of cereals and time considering you can buy unlimited strawberries in Calpheon

Posted

people telling you to grind beers for sub-product turn ins are doing it wrong and behind the times...

you should be cooking Essence of Liquor and anyone telling you otherwise needs shot...

1 fruit 1 cereal 1 leavening agent vs 5 cereal waters sugars etc...waste of cereals and time considering you can buy unlimited strawberries in Calpheon

But you can get tons of cereals with workers and with fruit you lose money.

Essence of liquor is better for people interested on cooking, powerlevel CP or something like that but for someone who just wants to get more CP and won't use cereals at all (traders for example) they don't care about wasting their cereals because they will get more than what they will ever use so, for them, in the end is the same result but they don't lose money with fruits.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

But you can get tons of cereals with workers and with fruit you lose money.

Essence of liquor is better for people interested on cooking, powerlevel CP or something like that but for someone who just wants to get more CP and won't use cereals at all (traders for example) they don't care about wasting their cereals because they will get more than what they will ever use so, for them, in the end is the same result but they don't lose money with fruits.

When you first start out your worker empire, even with every cereal node connected burning through all of them with little effort isn't hard,  If someones at 160 cp, and NEEDS 250 as fast as possible, their single biggest bottle neck is the cereal, especially since they'll be cooking it as often as possible for more cp. Vinegar is what i personally make.

It's simply a matter of blowing through 3k corn in a few hours, or getting a few days worth out of it. You can always switch back to beer when your supply is completely out of hand and need to process them down. If you have your nodes setup properly, any cost of fruit to save 5x as many cereal is worth the investment imo. 10m in fruit will last you so long, and that 10m in fruit will save you weeks of downtime from cooking. Also from the other byproducts i think you'll make at least half of what you spend back from turnins

With all that being said, 250 cp can give you the easiest and most profitable steady source of income, you have to log in to feed workers once or twice a day, then wait for a while and then you have the resources of a god.

Edited by Intimacy
1 person likes this

Posted

Grinding is not your only option when making silver. Life skills are extremely good for players with low gear level but at the same time you would be loosing XP / Skill points. Personaly im grinding in daily phases as much as i feel like to and rest of time im making silver with life skills. :)

Posted

Thank you guys for all the advice. I'd multiquote you all but it would be too long of a reply. So I liked your posts instead. @Intimacy @Edremis @Neothos @wekter

I have 175 Energy and 140 or 150 CP. I delinked my Sausans, Rogues and I kept my Pirate link and bought a container for Lema Island for my pirates and just focus on the pirate grind and forget about the others. I currently just trade to Velia even though I should trade them to Heidel for SLIGHTLY a bit more probably.

I just started investing few CP's into a Tool wookshop to make my own Adv Cook/Alch tools. Not to mention all the steel tools I'll be needing, unless I'll just be buying those most likely because I'm lazy to make actual tools. And gathering for Adv Cook/Alch is enough work.

I wanted to get into farming but with gathering yesterday of Pilgrams Heaven I realized my Heidel storage was low so the rest of my CP got more storage. But Iwanted to start doing Imperial cooking, since a streamer I seen said he could basically double the worth of lamb meat through Imp cooking. Now I use the dulfy website for imp cook/alch that he has a chat command for his stream to look at. I just don't know what meet recipe I'd be able to use that wouldn't devalue the meat by buying the byproducts to cook the dish to package for Imperial Cooking. So if anyone with any knowledge on using the meat dishes for Imp cooking tell me what I can make with profit gains would be great. I'm Professional 8 cooking if that matters at all.

Posted

Just not sure what I can do for my active in game time to make silver

Really anything you like. With the exceptions of horse breeding and hunting maybe.

Grinding (Sausan or Pirates not needed), gathering, processing, cooking, alchemy, trading, farming, fishing, workers/passives... everything makes good silver. WIth some good synergies (e.g. gathering/alchemy, processing/trading or fishing/trading, gathering/workshops etc....) Not everything might be as good as something else, but enough to progress.

Maybe the better way would be to first pick the game elements that you like most, and then go into their details, and/or ask how to improve specific things.

Posted

But I wanted to start doing Imperial cooking, since a streamer I seen said he could basically double the worth of lamb meat through Imp cooking. Now I use the dulfy website for imp cook/alch that he has a chat command for his stream to look at. I just don't know what meet recipe I'd be able to use that wouldn't devalue the meat by buying the byproducts to cook the dish to package for Imperial Cooking. So if anyone with any knowledge on using the meat dishes for Imp cooking tell me what I can make with profit gains would be great. I'm Professional 8 cooking if that matters at all.

Also @Sparkakatz, I do the normal grind. I also have started making Adv cooking tools. And gathering I really only use for weeds/logs/rough stone to make other things like tools or weeds for Alchemy. But I soon want to use Gathering for meet for imperial cooking as I posted above in this post. Fishing/Workers are both at the AFK status, I have a few things that I have works on AFK money, other workers get me stuff for tools or cerals. And I figured I won't go into trading until I have more CP to invest into nodes and such and able to get horses for a wagon. Same thing goes for farming, I just need more CP to start that stuff. Not really one portion I like more than the other, I just want to do stuff that can make money with using workers and with little gathering possible. Or Gather be the main focus with CHEAP ingredients that it's still profitable that you put money into it, but get more back out per product.