• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What does give max Energy?

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi.

Does getting new Knowledge in every Category give me additional Energy or do I only get more Energy if under "H" is written that it raises Energy by X ?

TL;DR: Do I get more Energy if I cook every meal even if there is no "raises Energy by x " ?

Posted

Currently, there are only 2 things that can get you Max Energy in Black Desert. That is knowledge in certain categories of the Knowledge UI (H), and a specific amounts of titles.

You can see which Knowledge UI catergories give you knowledge here, and you can see the thresholds of titles that give you knowledge here. Make sure to click the "Show/hide title effects" button.

Posted (edited)

There's also temporary/semi-temporary ways to increase your max energy, alongside the two permanent ways (titles, and knowledge).

There are boot gems that increase your max energy by +10 if you have them equipped, they're a bit rare but they generally don't sell instantaneously. There's also food buffs that will do it for the extent of the food buff duration. I may be missing one or two ways that I've forgotten, so anybody feel free to add on. 

Edited by Ayl

Posted (edited)

As an addition to the above replies

You gain +1 Energy when you have half of the knowledge in each section, and the full listed amount when you have them all

Example: - A section called NPCs of Exampleville 0/4, containing 10 NPCs will give you 1 max energy when youve spoken to 5 of them, and the remaining 3 max energy when youve spoken to all 10, it will then read NPCs of Exampleville 4/4.

EDIT: Regarding your TL:DR, its a bad example as the knowledge from recipes doesnt actually grant any energy, when you look in knowledge (H) under Lifeskills youll see no 0/2, 0/4 etc, therefore this section (and any like it) grant no energy (no numbers = no energy). 

The sections that do grant energy are Character, Topography, Ocean, Ecology, Adventure Journal and Academics.  The sections that do not grant energy are Lifeskill, Learning The Ropes Of Black Desert and Trade

Edited by Isty

Posted

EDIT: Regarding your TL:DR, its a bad example as the knowledge from recipes doesnt actually grant any energy, when you look in knowledge (H) under Lifeskills youll see no 0/2, 0/4 etc, therefore this section (and any like it) grant no energy (no numbers = no energy). 

The sections that do grant energy are Character, Topography, Ocean, Ecology, Adventure Journal and Academics.  The sections that do not grant energy are Lifeskill, Learning The Ropes Of Black Desert and Trade

This is exactly what I wanted to know ;) ^^

There's also food buffs that will do it for the extent of the food buff duration. I may be missing one or two ways that I've forgotten, so anybody feel free to add on. 

What´s the point of increasing Energy temporarily?

Posted

What´s the point of increasing Energy temporarily?

It used to bump you up to requirement for the energy quests, so if you needed 400 and had 390, a food buff could complete the quest but I believe this was patched out.

Outside of that, equipping energy alts with the boot gems is useful for NV or gathering. The food buffs have less uses but you could probably find a niche involving beds/Kamasylve and the NV if you're not willing to buy energy potions or are on CD from using them.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0