• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Breeding Rate

37 posts in this topic

Posted

Need some Infos for recieving a T7. Im not able to get a T7 through breeding. Like 12 trys so far (with exchange) and always T5 or T6. Its a freakin Joke.

Then i need to read some ppl got their T7 with 2 T5 - pls wtf??? How?

And why the ----- is the gettin higher in Training totaly worthless, CHANGE SOMETHING ABOUT THIS WTF

No wonder their are only a few T8s out there.

Dont get me wrong, i dont want a nice Horse for "free". But here is definitly some work to do.

Yea i know RNG bla bla bla, but im so upset at the moment. FFS i want to kill all my horses at the moment

Posted

^lol ignore this nut case. moving on.

i hear you man, our breeding rates absolutely suck. i gave up trying to breed a t7 after at least 10 breeds of 2x lvl 30 t6's myself. i think we should wait til we get a breeding rate increase before burning more breeds cause honestly horse training is a massive waste of time in its current state. i'd literally rather upgrade accessories all day. at least then i'd have a tiny chance of making profit. horse training is a guaranteed way to waste money. 

3 people like this

Posted

What the hell are you talking about. I understood like 1% of what you said and the rest made no sense at all.

Posted

Hi OP,

Welcome to breeding in BDO!  The Horse mega-thread at the top of the forum has a lot of useful information on the first post.

This breeding calculator will give you a good idea of your chances at getting a T7 with the horses you have:  http://www.somethinglovely.net/bdo/horses/

Personally, I get combinations that put me within breeding range 14, for a 28% chance at a T7.  I find the extra training time to get to range 15 for just a 3% increase is not worth it.

Out of 84 breeds so far at that range, I have gotten a T7 18% of the time (I seem to have a much higher than average result of T6 males). I'm still collecting data on this.

Before the T4 and T5 in the wild came out, I was using my male T6s at level 24 with a wild T3 female at level 30.  Now, with the T5s, it's going to be easier. You can do two T5s at level 24, for example.

That said, it's all RNG at the end of the day, and it's going to take a lot of time and patience, particularly the leveling of horses at higher tiers.

But it's also a lot of fun and the breeder community is really nice and helpful.

Good luck!

1 person likes this

Posted

Welcome to breeding. We're a bunch of masochists who are stuck taking low rates because of people shoveling tons of money at PA for resets and skill change coupons thanks to T9 being a known thing to the normal community. They are making a lot of money, so dragging their heels on increasing the rate.

We love what we do and our community, though. <3

Just keep trying, you'll get it eventually. AlnilamE gave some pretty good advice.

5 people like this

Posted

100-300$ worth of perals???
MFW I'd sell a t8 with all skills for 10 so I can buy a pet and even then I'd feel like scum.

Posted

according to the updates and Korea version, we should have already had region rate 13 (means high breeding rate for t7-t8), but instead, noope.

Go rant to whoever is in charge of EU-NA, and not to the few breeders left.

1 person likes this

Posted

RNG is what it is.

Catch Tier 3's, 4's and 5's. Train them up til they're juiced and play the percentages.

T3 + T5 = same max chance (28%) of a T7 as a T4 + T5.

Use any T6's that pop to up your percentage while remembering...

T5 + T6 = same max chance (36%) of a T7 as 2 x T6's.

But. Nothing. Is. Ever. 100%.

Expect failure and a long haul but the T8 coursers will come. With time. I fail way more (it seems) than succeed but after months of persistance have three T8 coursers poised for the patch.

Best of luck.

1 person likes this

Posted

Need some Infos for recieving a T7. Im not able to get a T7 through breeding. Like 12 trys so far (with exchange) and always T5 or T6. Its a freakin Joke.

Then i need to read some ppl got their T7 with 2 T5 - pls wtf??? How?

And why the ----- is the gettin higher in Training totaly worthless, CHANGE SOMETHING ABOUT THIS WTF

No wonder their are only a few T8s out there.

Dont get me wrong, i dont want a nice Horse for "free". But here is definitly some work to do.

Yea i know RNG bla bla bla, but im so upset at the moment. FFS i want to kill all my horses at the moment

I'm sitting at around a 10% ish rate for T7s at the moment after pulling my third one this morning. I'd say it's turning out at around 1 per 10 - 12 breeds from a mixture of breeding rate 15/16, that's with no exchanges. I could of theoretically managed another 1 or 2 from exchanges,  but the money/seals seemed more worth it at the time. What are you leveling your horses to at the moment? you could try changing that up maybe. In the 15 band my results were 70% T5 females so it's not abnormal to get T5s at all. I moved up to the 16 band and have only received T6s since. The thing which is really getting to me, is that a T7 should feel like a direct upgrade. I've bred 3, received 1 from a racing box and bought 2 from camping the MP for a bit. None of them have any decent skills at all. I haven't gotten them to 30 yet granted, but they're at that stage where they've slowed down on learning and the outlook isn't good. My T5 is superior in skills at this moment and the T7s just feel like breeding and exchange material at this point. If I manage some T8s and they turn out like this, the whole breeding investment is going to feel like an entire waste of time.

Posted

Personally, I get combinations that put me within breeding range 14, for a 28% chance at a T7.  I find the extra training time to get to range 15 for just a 3% increase is not worth it.

I getcha there. Understandable. However I always shoot for range 15 (even 16 if I'm in a patient mood). Not so much to increase the chance for a T7, but I'm more concerned with reducing the chance at getting a T5. I'm just not keen on a 1/3 chance of stepping down from T6 to T5.

Posted

To the 'waste of time and effort' point...

Know your enemy. Horse breeding is a gambling game with an added (time-consuming and repetitive) pachinko-like element. You bet your investment of considerable time and effort against a relatively low percentage of success (which you can influence only to certain degrees) with absolutely no guarantee of a positive result. Ever. The odds are against you, every single time. Most gambles therefore fail. Disappointment, frustration and disillusionment are the norm. The quantity of abuse I've yelled at my monitor is enough for it to seek therapy.

I tend to disagree with those that don't aim for a 3% increase (say) due to the added time and effort it may take to achieve the increase. Any increase in the percentage is desirable before you place the bet. Ask any gambler.

1 person likes this

Posted

I getcha there. Understandable. However I always shoot for range 15 (even 16 if I'm in a patient mood). Not so much to increase the chance for a T7, but I'm more concerned with reducing the chance at getting a T5. I'm just not keen on a 1/3 chance of stepping down from T6 to T5.

Understandable, and now with wild T5s I'll probably go for it more often. But when my options were breeding a T6 with a wild T3, it was what I could get.

To the 'waste of time and effort' point...

Know your enemy. Horse breeding is a gambling game with an added (time-consuming and repetitive) pachinko-like element. You bet your investment of considerable time and effort against a relatively low percentage of success (which you can influence only to certain degrees) with absolutely no guarantee of a positive result. Ever. The odds are against you, every single time. Most gambles therefore fail. Disappointment, frustration and disillusionment are the norm. The quantity of abuse I've yelled at my monitor is enough for it to seek therapy.

I tend to disagree with those that don't aim for a 3% increase (say) due to the added time and effort it may take to achieve the increase. Any increase in the percentage is desirable before you place the bet. Ask any gambler.

To each their own.  Considering that I have a plethora of male T6s to still level and breed, I'll take quantity over quality for the time being. 

For anything that gives me a chance at a T8, though, I want the best odds I can get (which hasn't helped at all so far...)

1 person likes this

Posted

To each their own.  Considering that I have a plethora of male T6s to still level and breed, I'll take quantity over quality for the time being. 

For anything that gives me a chance at a T8, though, I want the best odds I can get (which hasn't helped at all so far...)

Yep. Makes perfect subjective sense.

For me, time is my resource and investment and I'll spend it to increase my chances rather than skip the investment and suffer something... non-optimal. Each failure negates the investment. Each success repays it.

Posted

RNG is what it is.

Catch Tier 3's, 4's and 5's. Train them up til they're juiced and play the percentages.

T3 + T5 = same max chance (28%) of a T7 as a T4 + T5.

Use any T6's that pop to up your percentage while remembering...

T5 + T6 = same max chance (36%) of a T7 as 2 x T6's.

But. Nothing. Is. Ever. 100%.

Expect failure and a long haul but the T8 coursers will come. With time. I fail way more (it seems) than succeed but after months of persistance have three T8 coursers poised for the patch.

Best of luck.

And this tells me, the breeding is -----ed up. Why the hell should someone get a T7 out of a T3+T5 Breed? The Threshhold should not be reached with these low Tiers. Makes me even MORE upset. And sure nothing is 100%, dont want it either. But atleast a T7. I think its not so much i want. Others want PEN Dande, i want a T7 Horse. So cmon Game.

But thanks for all the great tips.

Posted

Took me 26 tries to get my first t7. and only a month later bred my first t8. So hang in there! You have a whole community that can assist you. 

@Harow

As for us being scum. Ppl like you are why I will not sell a horse to someone I do not know. And if they add in the wait period like the market. I'll never sell another. I don't see where I signed a contract saying I'm required to sell any of my horses to anyone. Go look. There's alot of t1-3 male and females on the market now. May even see 4-5. You can start breeding at any time to get your own fabulous pony. Better yet there's a couple of items you can purchase or make. Called lasso and rope. 

6 people like this

Posted

Funny you say that, because I was OFFERED pearls for mine without even saying I was selling. And they started high! I told them to go LOWER because it didn't have many skills, lul.

Posted

hold you horses there buddy (pun intended). So let me get this straight, you call us scum for not selling a T8 that we invested months of work on and probably wasted money on resets for a measly 100-200m? So why won't you sell me a DUO dandelion? It's 300m. Go on I'll wait I'll pay. You can't because even getting a dandelion will take you alot of resources and 95m is a joke. So is 100-200m for a tier 8. I have been training for 3 months 20h/day and I got my first tier 8 2 weeks ago. After spending atleast 100€ on resets. And that is even considering I got lucky.

6 people like this

Posted

hold you horses there buddy (pun intended). So let me get this straight, you call us scum for not selling a T8 that we invested months of work on and probably wasted money on resets for a measly 100-200m? So why won't you sell me a DUO dandelion? It's 300m. Go on I'll wait I'll pay. You can't because even getting a dandelion will take you alot of resources and 95m is a joke. So is 100-200m for a tier 8. I have been training for 3 months 20h/day and I got my first tier 8 2 weeks ago. After spending atleast 100€ on resets. And that is even considering I got lucky.

Trying to talk to this person is just waste of time and any sort of emotion lol
He/she/it seem to think most of us have infinite number of T8s to support the market with...the truth though, most of us can share just with few guildies/friends x))

4 people like this

Posted

Because of people like you justifying the shitty prices in place I'm breeding and exchanging all my horses for myself. When I get that perfect horse I want I will melt them all down for seals. You don't deserve anything past a T3. How about you take a crack at breeding and sell all your fine horses on the marketplace hmm? After you bred for a month  or two with ----- all silver to show for it you can come back and whine some more.
I love it how non-breeders discuss breeding issues. Also fyi, our rates are STILL low even tho kakao said they brought us  up to par with KO. They didn't.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Have to agree, they aren't worth the time of a reply. They are either bitter that nobody will sell them a T8 for 100 - 200 million in game despite their being around 0.08% of T8s present per active account... I'm not sure they understand figures/percentages and can truly grasp what this percentage means, or they are trolling to get a response. They seem to think spending and breeding one of these T8s means it doesn't belong to you and your holding it hostage, just like people refusing to sell their pen/tet gear are obviously holding that hostage too. Maybe people who have worked to get pen/tet gear shouldn't buy anything else off of the marketplace either because they're being hypocritical. In fact, if we had a look at everything Harow likely owns in game and consider it's probably in greater abundance than 0.08%, we could say that him not listing that shit right to the marketplace for other people is holding it hostage and he shouldn't be allowed to buy anything else from the marketplace if he's going to be such a hypocrite? It's just a really really weird mentality to attempt to progress in a game to get rare items, then be pissy when other people won't sell you their super rare items... When you wouldn't sell your own rare items in the first place.

Edited by Kaythulu
4 people like this

Posted (edited)

That awkward moment new breeders seem to have the best luck and also already want a rate increase when people who have been breeding a loooong time get rubbish results and have been asking for a rate increase since forever :ph34r: @PandoraRose

Its nice to see that more people are getting into the horse BDO world but please you have it alot easier now then what it used to be..(which is great for the long breeders when it was only T1/T2 in the wild and the spawns very contested along with no auto looping..) You will have rubbish breeding results, everyone does but you will have amazing ones too. 

They make too much money from the amount of horse related items which are purchased - resets/skill coupons so theyre prbably holding out on a rate increase - we moan about it but its a profession we love so we never stop xD 

[snip]

Edited by CM_Aethon
4 people like this

Posted (edited)

"And we want breeding rates increased so we get t8s. Not for you. For us." - Talshani, year 2 of our lord, RNGesus
This should be the horse thread banner.

Edited by Genova
4 people like this

Posted

"And we want breeding rates increased so we get t8s. Not for you. For us."
This should be the horse thread banner.

hahaha 😃 I would like your post if I had any likes left 😞

1 person likes this

Posted

hahaha 😃 I would like your post if I had any likes left 😞

I edited to give proper credits :)

1 person likes this