• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

life skill Need help with Life skill Profit

24 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm currently Skilled 4 Fishing, Apprentice 5 Trading (Noble wagon), and Professional 2 Gathering. I've yet to see a real increase in money from any of these. Grinding is pretty much out of the question, since with my gear I get ganked easily at Sausan / Pirates. How can I make the fishing and trading more profitable? Right now I have nodes connecting Epheria, Olvia, Velia, Calpheon, and Heidel. Thanks in advance for any good advice. I wouldn't bring this to the forums, but channel chat isn't helping, and I need funds for upgrading.

Posted (edited)

A little tip if you already didn't know that if you have any worthless fish you could dry them for easier stacking and make fried fish via cooking I'm pretty sure that requires very little cooking skill level and easy to spam out if you do active fiahing, imperial cook package them and sell them for 150k a box of 20. In regards to gathering I think you will also need a large energy pool to be efficient for example I can gather around 1k meat off 200ish energy in around half an hour, 1000 x 2000/each mp value is a nice little profit if you straight sell however it can be made into more money via cooking for example

Edited by Vultr
1 person likes this

Posted

Right now all of my gathering is going to the Epheria Sailboat. I have everything but the Standardized Timber Squares, but they are proving to be a pain.

Posted

I'm at Gathering Pro 10 and Processing Pro 8 and I spent a week messing with beginner level characters. The difference is substantial.

Beginner, you kill a fox you get 1 to 2 hides, Pro you kill a fox you get 3 or 4. At Pro 10 more often 4.
5 Fox process to 1 some times 2 Soft leather at beginner. 3 and 4 at Pro. 10 Soft become 1 or 2 Fine at Beginner, 3 or 4 at Pro.

Half an hour of Fox slaughter Beginner I get around 120 hides on a beginner that become 20 leather that become 5 Fine
Half an hour of Fox Slaughter Professional, I get 700 that become 350 that become 120 Fine.

With Lumber the climb is slower. I see gains in Processing but even at Pro 10 the trees often yield 'Got log' half the time. I don't know what the magic level is that puts yields up for trees or if there is one but if its a money thing, you just need to allocate logging to lower level characters and focus on gathering you can profit on like blood, meat and hide. (maybe sap)

The hardest part will be actually selling it. Or it is for me. I can make 2 mill an hour on turn in trash at Saunil. I can't come close to that in any gathering.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hi,
There are so many places to grind, I don't understand why people continues to travel only to Sausan and Pirate Island when players have proven that there are indeed many more areas where one can grind and have equal effectiveness income/h. I'm sure you can find many locations explained here in the forum with the search. Based on your equipment strength and performance with your main class, you can opt to grind in Valencia and/or many other areas from Mediah territory.

When it comes to Fishing and Trading, those fields are out of my knowledge to advise people, but I do maintain a small concept in mind about Fishing however, so you can do as Vultr said: When fishing, I assume you do it manually, white rarity fish is not bad, as it is often an ingredient for seafood cooking recipes, and it's advised to dry it, it will save you inventory space and you can stack it for cooking at a later point. Imperial Cuisine is wonderful! You can use the fish saved and cook what's needed for some immediate income (you may well just sell the food via MP but it takes time, Imperial is instant cash at a slightly less value). Fishing is great, you can dry every fish you capture, and they all sell, I always managed to sell every fish I captured while in the ocean journeys so that's money you can obtain as well, it should also provide some Processing exp while doing so.

However, I do find fishing to be best performed if you investigate the hotspot locations prior to depart in your boat, fishing via this method is not only superb but the best income you can obtain from it per hour, that's why it's difficult to find hotspots but you can try it, I believe there's 3 kinds of hotspots, Active, Passive and One-time-only.

• Active: These are hotspots that does not vanish as soon you arrive, they will provide you with yellow rarity fishes so the profit is high.
  • Passive: These are always on, 24/7 and have a small chance at giving you the Coelacanth fish with 200,000 value, that's why many players fish at Velia shore, just left of the dock, that's a passive hotspot.
  • One-time: This hotspot is awesome, you arrive and the seagulls will disappear right away, as well the fishes jumping off the water, and whoever hooks a fish first gets a Coelacanth! These types are best done with a Triple-Float Fishing Rod so you can capture 2~3 at once!

As for Trading, you will have to search the forums, there's several guides and videos explaining how to efficiently level up the profession as well how to obtain 50m silver a day from Trading alone.

Cheerios ~♥

bTQ3u8R.gif

3 people like this

Posted

why do you type in italics? lol...

Posted

Hi,
There are so many places to grind, I don't understand why people continues to travel only to Sausan and Pirate Island when players have proven that there are indeed many more areas where one can grind and have equal effectiveness income/h. I'm sure you can find many locations explained here in the forum with the search. Based on your equipment strength and performance with your main class, you can opt to grind in Valencia and/or many other areas from Mediah territory.

When it comes to Fishing and Trading, those fields are out of my knowledge to advise people, but I do maintain a small concept in mind about Fishing however, so you can do as Vultr said: When fishing, I assume you do it manually, white rarity fish is not bad, as it is often an ingredient for seafood cooking recipes, and it's advised to dry it, it will save you inventory space and you can stack it for cooking at a later point. Imperial Cuisine is wonderful! You can use the fish saved and cook what's needed for some immediate income (you may well just sell the food via MP but it takes time, Imperial is instant cash at a slightly less value). Fishing is great, you can dry every fish you capture, and they all sell, I always managed to sell every fish I captured while in the ocean journeys so that's money you can obtain as well, it should also provide some Processing exp while doing so.

However, I do find fishing to be best performed if you investigate the hotspot locations prior to depart in your boat, fishing via this method is not only superb but the best income you can obtain from it per hour, that's why it's difficult to find hotspots but you can try it, I believe there's 3 kinds of hotspots, Active, Passive and One-time-only.

• Active: These are hotspots that does not vanish as soon you arrive, they will provide you with yellow rarity fishes so the profit is high.
  • Passive: These are always on, 24/7 and have a small chance at giving you the Coelacanth fish with 200,000 value, that's why many players fish at Velia shore, just left of the dock, that's a passive hotspot.
  • One-time: This hotspot is awesome, you arrive and the seagulls will disappear right away, as well the fishes jumping off the water, and whoever hooks a fish first gets a Coelacanth! These types are best done with a Triple-Float Fishing Rod so you can capture 2~3 at once!

As for Trading, you will have to search the forums, there's several guides and videos explaining how to efficiently level up the profession as well how to obtain 50m silver a day from Trading alone.

Cheerios ~♥

bTQ3u8R.gif

I think that Velia hotspot is the only passive hotspot since a few patches. Also the passive hotspot isn't a safe zone anymore. I don't recommend anyone fishing there, fishing at random places without exhausted resources and getting more fishes (and also more relics) is much better than the probability of coelacanth there.

Posted

I think that Velia hotspot is the only passive hotspot since a few patches. Also the passive hotspot isn't a safe zone anymore. I don't recommend anyone fishing there, fishing at random places without exhausted resources and getting more fishes (and also more relics) is much better than the probability of coelacanth there.

Think there's a few more, but 1: hard to find, 2: ppl are less than willing to share I've been told, due to how velia spot looks :/.

Also, it covers safe zone + tiny bit of none safe zone

Posted

What I do is conect the islands from Kuit the Velia and fish in those areas. It's easy to get strong bites because no one rarely ever fish there so the resources aren't as exhausted. After collecting a full inventory of fish I just sell them through fish vendors and trade them across islands. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm currently Skilled 4 Fishing, Apprentice 5 Trading (Noble wagon), and Professional 2 Gathering. I've yet to see a real increase in money from any of these. Grinding is pretty much out of the question, since with my gear I get ganked easily at Sausan / Pirates. How can I make the fishing and trading more profitable? Right now I have nodes connecting Epheria, Olvia, Velia, Calpheon, and Heidel. Thanks in advance for any good advice. I wouldn't bring this to the forums, but channel chat isn't helping, and I need funds for upgrading.

Trading profitable: check into Imperial trading, long distance trading AND the buff you get after reaching Master 2 in trading. Also remember that whatever you gather yourself (and/or via workers) will make it more profitable since less to no expenses. Higher trading also means you can buy more expensive items which directly translates into more profit once sold.

Fishing: check up maps where the moving hotspots are, get a boat and hunt those down. Moving hotspots = yellow fish only. Except for coelacanth spots they all stay for a few minutes after the seagulls and fish visually disappear from the spot(s). Another way would be to harpoon fish. Can't do it afk though, takes longer and is less money than hotspots, so maybe not your cup of tea. (PS try velia hotspot a night or two if you want to afk fish, or a Freshwater zone like Heidel or Calpheon or any other river or pond for higher ratio of Ancient Relic Shards and silver keys (ancient shards sell for 740-800k each last time I checked and can be used to make scrolls (5 shards = 1 scroll) which give Memory fragments after you kill the boss summoned from the scroll)).

Gathering: Get 5 luck, get gathering clothes and whatever else you can to reduce gathering time, get lucky tools or basically any other tool with "increases luck while gathering" or whatever the text is and pray to RNGesus for hard and sharp shards :P. Also good if you check up what you might need or what sells (in case you want to sell stuff or use for yourself and workers are too slow). In gathering the higher level = more mats per gather on average.

(Part 2: Other life skills)

Training. Getting to Trainer beginner level 5 is easy. After that, start tame horses, level them, breed them, pray to RNGesus that your horse will be smart AND a higher tier than the parents used. Probably the most time consuming and annoying life skills Imo, purely due to the low % to get a t7-8 AND good skills @.@. If you manage however to get a t6-8 with good skills, it can be profitable to sell :) (this is one of the cheapest to get into since all you NEED is rope and beginner level 5. But well... normally ppl will spend pearls (read: real cash) to get good skills. If patience isn't your thing, skip this xD).

Farming/fences (NOT grinding mobs): fairly simple, rent a fence with CP (contribution points), plant seeds, water and fertilize it if you want crops to grow faster, put a worker if you want to not worry about it (I don't recommend this UNLESS you combine it with something else like... using the seed/finished product in cooking for example + you have to afk a lot/can't take care of the seeds often/want to be able to move around more freely without having to worry about the plant/seed) simply due to all the weeds and possibilities to get hard/sharp shards (don't recall if pruning can give them but iirc it can?). Either combine with another life skill (mainly, if not only, Alchemy and/or Cooking) to make more money + save money if you have that other life skill as your main life skill, since you'll save a lot by not having to buy at marketplace OR check what sells on market (there will almost always be a few things that's short on supply and sells for a few thousands) and cultivate that. This is also the other way beside gathering from which you can get hard/sharp shards. Can be used to get mats for certain crates as well (sunflowers for example).

Processing: this can be done multiple ways. If you're lazy, just process a low tier material into a higher and sell. If you combine with trading a common thing would be to have a worker gather mats for you (and maybe even combine your own gathering with it) then process it into a higher grade material and then put it back into storage and let a worker make trade crates for you :). Can be used for crafting materials as well (steel for example), which you could either use to craft or sell directly, or even make into crates (brass ingot crates is awesome :3). One of the very few life skills where buying from market can still give you a profit. Lots of ppl bulk up on mats and process it all at once overnight or if they have to go afk either way etc. The only struggle is getting the knowledge (a one time thing) for higher processing (http://bddatabase.net/us/item/36565/ for example).

Hunting: Get a rifle, practice your aim a little, go hunt. Basically that's it xD Then you pray to RNGesus that you'll get something good. You can upgrade rifles with blackstones (be aware that upgrades can fail and at... +7-8 or so iirc, it can go down on enchantment level if it fails to +6 iirc). There's a few hunting quests in-game that teaches you the basics. Rifles can be made at Tool Workshop houses and are easy to make/doesn't require any expensive or hard to get material :). If you're lucky while hunting a Khalk or Blue whale you'll get a rare crafting material (for example, the one needed for Blue whale earrings) or a decently rare life skill material (for example, the mat for khalk potion thingy (forgot name)). Very RNG in loot though. You can get seaweed and a few flesh worth like 8k each if unlucky but you can also get stuff worth +20 mill per hunt xD.

Cooking: Takes a while to level, becomes more worth it at higher levels. Has imperial crafting options for pure profit. Can make regular food as well and sell. Always check market what's selling. To save money: farms/fences and gather yourself and/or with workers, especially at Farm nodes. To save time: Marketplace. To level to skilled/prof with cheap AFK crafts: make beer. Except for the grain needed (potato, barley, wheat or corn (your own choice which you want to use) x5 you can get everything at the Tavern/cooking NPC. 

Alchemy: Fast to level, becomes more worth at higher levels. Has imperial crafting options for pure profit. Lots of alchemy related stuff sells as well (for example, Metal Solvent, Oils or elixirs). HIGHLY recommended to combine fences/farming with this if you want to level it due to the weeds you get (sometimes) from seeds while they're growing when you prune the seeds and the fact that a lot of alchemy uses herbs etc that you can plant and that can be a pain in the arse to find/gather yourself. Can be very helpful if you combine with workers as well, since free mats = good. At higher levels you can also use this to make Alchemy Stones. 

I HOPE I covered most life skills and some ways to make money off them >.< sorry if I missed a life skill. Almost 3 in the morning here, so kinda tired :/.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for the tips. I currently have 6 large farms, and enough mats for 900 crafts of honey wine (both for imperial cooking, and for leveling cooking). Trading I haven't gotten into yet. Since they nerfed it with having to be further than 500m away from pickup, quick trips seem less profitable, and I've heard crafted crates have crappy exp returns.

Posted

Thanks for the tips. I currently have 6 large farms, and enough mats for 900 crafts of honey wine (both for imperial cooking, and for leveling cooking). Trading I haven't gotten into yet. Since they nerfed it with having to be further than 500m away from pickup, quick trips seem less profitable, and I've heard crafted crates have crappy exp returns.

Do keep in mind that the 500m nerf we received was to reduce the EXP obtained, players abused of this method as it was the fastest way to reach Master 2 in Trading within a few days and all you had to do was roll with items. However, to this day, there's still people rolling their way to Master 2 by just traveling to a further distance than 500m.

I'll be honest, this method is just a clear exploit of features in the game, it wasn't developed to be this way, but it was easier to nerf than to solve it by coding it all over. I don't advise anyone to do it regardless of being tolerated by the devs and managers, there's a reason why wagons and elephants were created, to begin with.
If you want to keep it legitimately, start collecting tier 1 materials via workers (ore, timber, plants, shrooms, etc.) and craft 20,000 or more crates, then sell them to reach Master 2. (KEEP IN MIND I'M NO EXPERT AT THIS, I'M SURE THERE'S BETTER WAY TO ACHIEVE THIS SO ANYONE IS WELCOME TO CORRECT ME)

Cheerios ~♥

bTQ3u8R.gif

Posted

. In regards to gathering I think you will also need a large energy pool to be efficient for example I can gather around 1k meat off 200ish energy in around half an hour, 

Not being sarcastic and I truly would like to know what meat you're harvesting and where from?  Any special potions or meals, tools, etc.?  Seems like an incredible amount to grab in half an hour.  I'd love to learn the secret.

Posted

Not being sarcastic and I truly would like to know what meat you're harvesting and where from?  Any special potions or meals, tools, etc.?  Seems like an incredible amount to grab in half an hour.  I'd love to learn the secret.

He will be harvesting lamb meat from goat mountain.

He will have gathering speed 5, be using shining/ lucky/ magic butchers knife.

I presume he is also around master level gathering skill since that's around the amount I gather.

The 1000 meat for 200 energy will be coming from approximately 400 gathers with the greatly reduced energy usage his skill level provides. 

Posted (edited)

Im at work so cant check what level gathering buff i receive from guild but I use only a plus one gathering clothes and ATM use the event tea to get plus five gathering however I usually just pop a balenos meal for gathering to get plus five, I'm artisan 5 gathering and either use shining lucky tools or steel lucky tools as i can make steel lucky tools myself, and a fyrel said i harvest lamb meat at goat mountain as there are large groups of sheep's there to harvest, also think I have only plus four or five luck, I may make a video to show you if you would like too see results 

Edited by Vultr

Posted

Thanks for that info!  I've got to raise my game here.  I tend to harvest meat as needed, which at Professional 10 I can manage about 150 pork with the shining butcher knife from the farms around Cal.  I'd love to see that vid, as well.  

This is why I love BDO .. .  always room to learn and improve skills :) 

Posted

Thanks for that info!  I've got to raise my game here.  I tend to harvest meat as needed, which at Professional 10 I can manage about 150 pork with the shining butcher knife from the farms around Cal.  I'd love to see that vid, as well.  

This is why I love BDO .. .  always room to learn and improve skills :) 

btw what is you energy level aswell, as the bigger the energy pool the more you can gather, mine is low and only 216 energy atm and will make the video late tonight to show results

Posted

btw what is you energy level aswell, as the bigger the energy pool the more you can gather, mine is low and only 216 energy atm and will make the video late tonight to show results

Erm, um (shuffles feet, looks at ceiling), only 162.  And I'm level 55.  You'd think that all of that tree chopping would've added a few more to that. :( 

Posted (edited)

Erm, um (shuffles feet, looks at ceiling), only 162.  And I'm level 55.  You'd think that all of that tree chopping would've added a few more to that. :( 

sadly don't think we gain energy from chopping trees or gathering D: Those were my last three gathers at 210 energy

gather1.PNG

gather2.PNG

gather3.PNG

Edited by Vultr

Posted

sadly don't think we gain energy from chopping trees or gathering D: Those were my last three gathers at 210 energy

gather1.PNG

gather2.PNG

gather3.PNG

Just curious, but how is blood vs meat in gathering? Since Ik a lot of blood is used in alchemy :x 

in value I mean >.< 

Posted

Just curious, but how is blood vs meat in gathering? Since Ik a lot of blood is used in alchemy :x 

in value I mean >.< 

That's the prices at the moment, however i don't do much alchemy myself so can't speak much about what it can produce for profit

lamb meat.PNG

sheep blood.PNG

Posted (edited)

Thanks for that!  I've been made wise to the worker elixirs, which really boost my gathering.  Right now I'm trying to get the final few hundred standardised timber squares for my Epheria Sailboat project and logs are the order of the day.  In just a 45 min session I burnt out a brand new shining axe and cleared almost 400 logs plus other timber.  I suppose that I could have done a few more, but there are too many distractions around my house. :( 

However, I did learn that higher level critters yield no more meat than the lower level ones.  Killing wild cows around Tarif take a couple of good whacks to bring down, and they also aren't very closely bunched together (plus those bastard Manes attacking all the time!).  Sheep, however, just take a good ground smash to drop several!

Edited by Krusty

Posted

That's the prices at the moment, however i don't do much alchemy myself so can't speak much about what it can produce for profit

lamb meat.PNG

sheep blood.PNG

ah... if you did alchemy and used that for money on top of the gathering, think you'd be able to boost your money more than if you used meat in cooking? O.o *thinking* 

Posted

ah... if you did alchemy and used that for money on top of the gathering, think you'd be able to boost your money more than if you used meat in cooking? O.o *thinking* 

I'm master cook, and only artisan alchemy sadly so don't know if you make more via alchemy than cooking, however each day just from the meat i easy make 10m a day via the meat alone

Thanks for that!  I've been made wise to the worker elixirs, which really boost my gathering.  Right now I'm trying to get the final few hundred standardised timber squares for my Epheria Sailboat project and logs are the order of the day.  In just a 45 min session I burnt out a brand new shining axe and cleared almost 400 logs plus other timber.  I suppose that I could have done a few more, but there are too many distractions around my house. :( 

However, I did learn that higher level critters yield no more meat than the lower level ones.  Killing wild cows around Tarif take a couple of good whacks to bring down, and they also aren't very closely bunched together (plus those bastard Manes attacking all the time!).  Sheep, however, just take a good ground smash to drop several!

Me and a friend are actually testing different mobs for different amount of drops however currently we found no difference in the amount gathered.

1 person likes this