• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Out of ideas/sad excuse of an event?

33 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,

I'm just wondering what the heck Kakao? :/ Are you or PA out of ideas for events? I'm not trying to be insulting but how the heck can you call "oh look, the exp thing we've had every weekend for OVER HALF A YEAR" an event still? :/. It's not an event if it happens ALL THE TIME, it's a PERMANENT thing then.

Are you desperate for player count on weekends or what? Because rn that's about the only reason I can think of as to why you'd call 100% exp bonus an "event" anymore instead of a sad excuse for making people play extra on weekends. I'll just say my honest thoughts about this once but: this is pathetic. Have it on every weekend, but sure af don't call it an event then. 

Before anyone say it's rude to say they're out of ideas, Ik Ik, they've had some decent ones and "different" ones lately. But beside the lamps from loyalty shop, christmas, the new year celebrations and the halloween events, when was the last "original" or "not just a repeat of what we've already had" event? :/ Examples: Exp events, attendance rewards, exp events, 1 year anniversary boss(es) (heard this one was worse than the rooster thingy boss?), exp events, "play your way" (kinda ironic name for a event only rewarding 3 specific types of play in a game with way more), blackstone event. Those are just a few examples... oh right! did I mention EXP EVENT?!? -_-

Idk, I'd just personally at least like a lot more... creative and "fresh ideas" in terms of events :3 A CO-OP hunting one for example, or why not one for farming (fences/crops) since you've had for gathering and fishing? Heck, think big and in PvP terms and you might be able to arrange something like "Kill the Admin" in arena or G vs GM/CM xD (assuming they turned off invulnerability and the (near?) 100% dodge :x even if it meant like 10 damage per player/skill/attack, it COULD be possible then). 

I don't know, maybe I'm just salty atm but I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas folks :).

Have a good evening, 

Greetings: Traveler. 

2 people like this

Posted

Are you desperate for player count?

yes

they should have an event that removes all safe zones and guards for a weekend. 

Posted

yes

yes

Posted

and call it "the purge" 

Posted

Don´t have many games to compare to, but I did play Gw2 in recent memory. Compared to that game bdo looks pretty bland when it comes to events...would be cool if someone created a thread were you could submit ideas for events. 

Posted

Heck, think big and in PvP terms and you might be able to arrange something like "Kill the Admin" in arena or G vs GM/CM xD (assuming they turned off invulnerability and the (near?) 100% dodge :x even if it meant like 10 damage per player/skill/attack, it COULD be possible then). 

Yes this ^^

Im picturing it something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a952gCabSCQ

Only, an annual "running of the GM's"

Posted

yes

No

they should remove the karma penalty and add xp loss in pvp death for a week as an event and call it "OW pvp" 

Posted

they should remove the karma penalty and add xp loss in pvp death for a week as an event and call it "OW pvp" 

Sweet jesus that would be glorious 

Posted

No

And pkers drop gear when they die.

1 person likes this

Posted

And pkers drop gear when they die.

add to that a rng probability of stealing an item (20% ish, 1 in all items, a stack is counted as multiple items) I'm in.

Posted

the events in this game are garbage....im all about letting people catch up.

but when 90% of the event consists of getting items of grinding mobs (when you were probably gonna grind anyways) its flat out laziness...

give the people their handouts if you want, but add some depth to the events so I have something to do besides grind...

1 person likes this

Posted

the events in this game are garbage....im all about letting people catch up.

but when 90% of the event consists of getting items of grinding mobs (when you were probably gonna grind anyways) its flat out laziness...

give the people their handouts if you want, but add some depth to the events so I have something to do besides grind...

I stopped grinding to see if I could live off money from all the welfare events. It's actually working pretty well. You make a lot of money by doing absolutely nothing other than logging in. 

Posted

THERE ARE TOO MANY EVENTS PERIOD

Posted

This was an event they used to run weekly on Shaiya. Monster Madness was pretty much that - every mob in the video is either a boss or a sub-boss. They all had their full drop pool and we're spawned by the GM's in a specific place for 30 mins. Any boss still alive after 30 mins was deleted.

It was a lagfest but it was excellent fun - particularly since it was faction based PvP and took place on a PvP map.

Posted

add to that a rng probability of stealing an item (20% ish, 1 in all items, a stack is counted as multiple items) I'm in.

No because every undegeared player won't progress never because top players will harass and steal (eventually) all theI gear from more weak people.

That can only be done in a game where the gear isn't that important not where gear = 80% power.

Posted

No because every undegeared player won't progress never because top players will harass and steal (eventually) all theI gear from more weak people.

That can only be done in a game where the gear isn't that important not where gear = 80% power.

what would the incentive to steal low gear? add to that you can't sell stolen items to mp if you want, but why going to steal someone weapons who is undergeared is beyond me...

(family/character bound gear are unstealable, obviously)

a really easy protection? take 500 salts, each one count as 1 items, gl for the thief getting what he wants.

Posted

what would the incentive to steal low gear?

Same incentive people have for taking their high leveled characters into noob pvp zones and posting it on Youtube/Twitch.

Their diet requires more Salt.

Posted

The hunt, gather, fish for items to trade in, daily log in, or the black spirit adventure I like. Simple and easy to do. Events that involve an active GM presence or a scheduled/scripted boss appearance are possibly the worse ones to do with a game like this. Making half the server go to one area is just bad. If they want to do an event boss, they need to make them a scroll boss that a player can do at their leisure, or a random appear chance through out the day similar to world bosses.

All these hand outs of endgame gear has got to stop tho, even if they are mostly RNG based. It's great they are willing to have them as event rewards. With how enchanting is, being given a +0 boss armor/rare jewelry isn't totally game breaking, but still, I wouldn't be surprised if 90% of those items in the server are from event rewards. Look at the 2k+ Manos Ruby Necklace in the market... Ease up on their obtain chance instead of handing them out, and give some a lower minimum price.

Posted

what would the incentive to steal low gear? add to that you can't sell stolen items to mp if you want, but why going to steal someone weapons who is undergeared is beyond me...

(family/character bound gear are unstealable, obviously)

a really easy protection? take 500 salts, each one count as 1 items, gl for the thief getting what he wants.

They can't get stronger so they can't steal you.

Posted

They can't get stronger so they can't steal you.

That's a very roundabout way of thinking, you steal so they can't steal?

Seriously tho, if you want to discourage, there's multiple solution (actual jail sentence where you can do nothing for a month, harsher penalty if you die...)

Posted

The flying santa clause and easter event last year were actually pretty good.

2 people like this

Posted

a step in the right direction, but overall extremely lack luster

Posted

No

And you add a pvp off option for thoses not willing to be part of that parody, and i'am totaly down.

Posted

Agreed :3 Liked the first dice game too and the football one. But after 1, maybe 2 times, events become too repetitive Imho :/. The dice one for example.

Posted

Agreed :3 Liked the first dice game too and the football one. But after 1, maybe 2 times, events become too repetitive Imho :/. The dice one for example.

I believe the dice one is more about having yet another income of things. And its not a bad one even, everyone feels happy when they score a 5mil item.