• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Maehwa skill build and gear

17 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello,

im very new to this class.. Can u please tell me which gear (without boss gear) is the best right now + can someone share his skill trees please?

Another question.. Do maehva catch up in pve grinding with other strong pve classes (ranger, musa, sorces, etc..)

Thx for andswer and advices

Posted

Another question.. Do maehva catch up in pve grinding with other strong pve classes (ranger, musa, sorces...

No you won't ever grind as fast as most other classes, but it becomes a bit easier later on. Also budget gear can be grunil helm/gloves and taritas chest/boots with a liverto mainhand and ap/accuracy offhand 

Posted (edited)

And what about skillls and combos?

Edited by Happyproxy
edit

Posted

Maehwa has slowest grind in the game. Slower than valk and warrior after awakening.

Are you looking for awakened or main hand combos?

Posted

Maehwa has slowest grind in the game. Slower than valk and warrior after awakening.

So untrue..

Posted (edited)

What version of BDO do you play? Slowest grinder? Should log in again and see what is new. 

Edited by Lasermonkey

Posted

I main a lvl 59 Maehwa and have absolutely no issue grinding as a matter of fact when I grind in a party I have to slow down just for the other classes to catch up so saying that Mae's are slow are the people who obviously know nothing about the class or just plain suck at it. Get gud in a class before you try to trash it.

Posted (edited)

I have a 60 mae thst gets outgrinded by every class of the same level.

Im gonna quote casualnova from another thread so this can make sense to you peebrained fellas

"I'll try to give a simple answer, special attack modifiers and cooldowns

Maehwas big combo pieces all have some kind of special attack mixed into the combo, for example simple moonrise frost pillars tip of iceberg into petal bloom is mostly carried by down attack. moonrise causes floating on uppercut, but even if that doesn't hit frost pillars will cause knockdown. tip of the iceberg and petal bloom have the highest damage modifiers and get another bonus from down attack (1.5x damage) 

A pve combo would be petal drill, december into F forward for down attack and move on, petal bloom on the next pack. Drill has 7sec cooldown, snowflake 15s (wont down attack if used on CD). then there are high cooldowns especially on iceberg and petal bloom, in comparison sorcs violations only limitation is stamina (so not a big deal in pve). 

Maehwas have absurd combo damage but the absurd damage comes at the price of cooldowns, which limit us in pve. 

Not to mention damage is cone shaped, while on Kuno or Sorc (other classes I play) I have about a 360° radius of damage and can literally spin through a pack of mobs and kill them, no positioning and waiting for clusters necessary"

Edited by Aklia

Posted

Im gonna quote casualnova from another thread so this can make sense to you peebrained fellas

"I'll try to give a simple answer, special attack modifiers and cooldowns

Maehwas big combo pieces all have some kind of special attack mixed into the combo, for example simple moonrise frost pillars tip of iceberg into petal bloom is mostly carried by down attack. moonrise causes floating on uppercut, but even if that doesn't hit frost pillars will cause knockdown. tip of the iceberg and petal bloom have the highest damage modifiers and get another bonus from down attack (1.5x damage) 

A pve combo would be petal drill, december into F forward for down attack and move on, petal bloom on the next pack. Drill has 7sec cooldown, snowflake 15s (wont down attack if used on CD). then there are high cooldowns especially on iceberg and petal bloom, in comparison sorcs violations only limitation is stamina (so not a big deal in pve). 

Maehwas have absurd combo damage but the absurd damage comes at the price of cooldowns, which limit us in pve. 

Not to mention damage is cone shaped, while on Kuno or Sorc (other classes I play) I have about a 360° radius of damage and can literally spin through a pack of mobs and kill them, no positioning and waiting for clusters necessary"

For I am not a peebrained fella.. I main a mae and have absolutely no "slow" grinding issues. 95% of the time I can out grind anyone that comes to the area to try and out grind me. So I am not sure how you are using your combos. But putting info out there that Mae is slower than every class is completely false. Also if you are that dissatisfied with the way a Mae grinds then switch classes. Sorry we aren't a spin to win class.. Us Mae's actually know how to do more than just spin. 

Posted (edited)

-Deleted garbage-

Some info from a "peebrained fella" It grinds just find, much faster then even overly geared Valks. BDO is a gear and skill game, 90% gear and 10% skill. Both play in hand of performance of each class. Just because you get out grinded the class isn't that good? Figure it out before giving people looking for advice, bad advise based on you not performing well with it. Swap to a different class if your 60 and still can't keep up.

Edited by Lasermonkey
1 person likes this

Posted

Maewhas ARE slow grinders compared to other classes in higher end content...also VERY little sustain

i mean if you stay at sausans and pirates till 60 nbd but it becomes obvious in places like pila ku and aakman 

Posted

Maehwa is much slower at some camps and pretty reasonable at others. With reasonable AP they can compete with the faster classes at Gahaz for example. Mobs are all packed up perfect for them and they are sort of spread out benefiting Chase greatly. 

Posted (edited)

Hello,

im very new to this class.. Can u please tell me which gear (without boss gear) is the best right now + can someone share his skill trees please?

Another question.. Do maehva catch up in pve grinding with other strong pve classes (ranger, musa, sorces, etc..)

Thx for andswer and advices

You can go with full Ultimate Grunil, better if you want to use more crystals. Ultimate Yuria is a good starter choice for main weapon, after it worth to switch on Liverto and make it TRI. Ultimate White Horn Bow for PVE, and Ultimate Black Horn Warrior Bow for mainly PVP for secondary weapons. If you reach 56 awakening level stick with Ultimate Frosty Cloud Kerispear and make it TRI as fast as you can, it worth. For the accessories, some people say Red Coral Earrings are better for PVP. From the cheaper ones Witch Earrings and Mark of Shadow rings are a good choice, with Tree Spirit Belt, or you can use Bares Belt on DUO or TRI. For starter rings there is a ring and earring quest from the Black Spirit that you can repeat every hour and can get an enhanced blue item with the same AP like on Witch and MOS. For the necklace you also can get a quest from the Black Spirit that you can repeat and upgrade the item into a blue one. Also a Bares necklace on PRI, DUO can be a good choice. From Crystals: Movement Speed on shoes, Evade on helmet, Damage Reduction on armor, Critical and/or Attack speed on gloves, Critical with Attack speed on blade, and AP one on bow if you can get a cheap, or Additional Critical Damage one, all are good for PVE.

Below 56
Fully feat: Red Moon, Dragon Bite, Decapitation, Blooming, Blind Thurst, Carver, Cyclone Slash are good for grinding.

Above 56 with awakening:
Put every points that you can onto awakening skils, all of them! And forget what you have learned before. Smoke one and start a new life. :)

I cannot give you useful answer to the second question, in fact that I have never played on higher levels on any other class. But what I can see about the comments, there are two separate camps in this question. Personally, I do not think so Maehwa would be much slower than any other class in grinding. Specially after the awakening revamp when we got a lot of changes on combos. Much faster to use now! Much fluid. And also, do not forget, this is the quickest class in the game. Yes your skills are narrow, but if you aim with them well, you can be very fast, just do not forget to move and get behind your enemy! (This is not WoW where you are just standing still while you are spamming a macro on a single key.)

Have Fun and Good Luck!

Edited by Vyky
2 people like this

Posted

IMO start rings/earrings for a Maehwa should be blue coral. You get a big chunk of WP that you're missing from not heaving health leveled up yet, and they are reasonable good AP especially if you can upgrade them to PRI/DUO with armor fail stacks. 

Posted

I have no issue clearing higher content, Gahaz, Bashims, Basi's, Pila Jail etc. I am running 200AP/239DP. Things clear fast, it not the class it is how you play the class.

Posted (edited)

Sure but saying fast is saying nothing. u should compare the exp and money gain u do in 1 or 2 hours with another class and then u can say if u are fast or no.

Edited by DaiCazzo

Posted

Sure but saying fast is saying nothing. u should compare the exp and money gain u do in 1 or 2 hours with another class and then u can say if u are fast or no.

my point exactly

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0