• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Dumb people sell shards, don't be dumb!

36 posts in this topic

Posted

I make about 2 M/hour while asleep with processing. How? Dumb people process ores to shards and sell them. I buy the shards, process them to ingots and sell them. Let's look at iron for example: At this moment I can buy 4 shards for 4*1771 = 7084 silver. Due to tax, the moron who sold them to me got 5986 silver 

I can sell them for 11800 silvers, minus tax: 9971 silver. My profit is 2900 silver and since I can make 750 ingots per hour, I pull 2.2M/hour. If the moron who spent 4x more time processing the ores into shards than I spend processing the shards into ingots would process himself, he would pull 9971-5986 = 3985 silvers per shard or 3M/hour (during the time he makes ingots, of course less while he makes shards)

Please stop being morons, there is absolutely no reason to sell shards if ingots are not overcrowded on the market (currently only zinc and some exotics). If you processed ores into shards, make ingots yourself, don't let me be rich on your work. I'm already sitting on 3B on top of full TET gear. And I have enough shards in my bank for weeks of non-stop processing.

More business tips in my guide.

2 people like this

Posted

I sell shards all the time. My play time looks like this:

1. Log in during the morning, collect rewards on bank alt.
  2. Put up all black stones and/or collect silver.
  3. Setup Autofish or Run or Carrying Backpack on main.
  4. Go to work.
  5. Come home, buy whatever gear is an upgrade to mine on main up to duo only.
  6. Do the 30 min Grind bonus xp.
  7. Talk to folks in chat, rp with my friends.
  8. Log off and go to sleep.

I have no desire to own boss gear or a PEN piece of gear as it doesn't seem to be needed for me to kill things and make the silver to pay for my horse and pet feed or wagons or boats.

Posted

I like the greedy goblin tbh. 

Posted

Except that some crafts require shards as an item and NOT ingots.

2 people like this

Posted

Although this probably a self promoting topic and not a genuine concern, I get a lot of loot while grinding that I process by melting and get shards. Even though I am not selling them because I have the worker empire thing going, I am sure a lot of grinders don't care doing so. They simply melt and sell them them to minimize weight and increase available inv slots and grinding time and get the benefits of grinding longer for better money. 

1 person likes this

Posted

If you sell ingots, you dont sell shards. Is the profit bigger? Yes, but it is 2 steps of processing and takes more time. The difference in profit might not make up for that time, but if it does, it is definitely not big enough to justify calling people dumb.

Stop the blatant self-promotion.

5 people like this

Posted

Almost thought you mean ancient shards. Good luck finding those cheap.

2 people like this

Posted

I sell shards all the time. My play time looks like this:

1. Log in during the morning, collect rewards on bank alt.
  2. Put up all black stones and/or collect silver.
  3. Setup Autofish or Run or Carrying Backpack on main.
  4. Go to work.
  5. Come home, buy whatever gear is an upgrade to mine on main up to duo only.
  6. Do the 30 min Grind bonus xp.
  7. Talk to folks in chat, rp with my friends.
  8. Log off and go to sleep.

I have no desire to own boss gear or a PEN piece of gear as it doesn't seem to be needed for me to kill things and make the silver to pay for my horse and pet feed or wagons or boats.

whoa...

... this is your life?

2 people like this

Posted

@Gash: I don't see where you make shards

@AlnilamE: are you Santa Claus to provide them the shards they need?

@Coeprandua: Iron ore is 445, 2 needed for a shard which is 1771 minus tax. You can make 750 in an hour, so you make 0.558M per hour. If you make 3000 shards, that takes 4 hours and gets you 2.2M profit. If you'd spend another hour processing them to ingots, you'd make 5.2M all together. How is it not dumb to spend 4 hours and then sell the shards for 2.2 to let me make the same 2.2 instead of making 5.2 yourself (2.2+2.2 =/= 5.2 because of tax)

Posted

@Coeprandua: Iron ore is 445, 2 needed for a shard which is 1771 minus tax. You can make 750 in an hour, so you make 0.558M per hour. If you make 3000 shards, that takes 4 hours and gets you 2.2M profit. If you'd spend another hour processing them to ingots, you'd make 5.2M all together. How is it not dumb to spend 4 hours and then sell the shards for 2.2 to let me make the same 2.2 instead of making 5.2 yourself (2.2+2.2 =/= 5.2 because of tax)

If that's correct, then you got a point. Still, if you can make so much money with active professions during the day, why would you bother leaving the computer on for 4 hours at night for 2.2M and then spend another hour to turn it into 5.2M? I looked at your site and 5.2M in 5 hours is a measly sum compared to the 20M per hour you say you can make actively.

2 people like this

Posted

A measly 2 mil per hour? 

Not worth anybodys time

1 person likes this

Posted

A measly 2 mil per hour? 

Not worth anybodys time

Not when it's taken out of context. :P

Anyway, the game was designed to have a myriad of activities you can choose from, each one netting you about the same amount of silver per hour. There are some that may bring more periodically, but there is not one magical way to get rich quick. If there was, everybody would be doing it and chances are it would cease to exist.

Obviously, there is some sort of window to make more money per hour, if you are diligent and smart enough, but trust me, each and every thing you can do in-game to make money was designed and optimized individually by a real-life dev. There is nothing that "slips under the radar" of the devs and you figure it out and you are suddenly rich. So stop believing people who claim they can teach you how to get rich without work.

Posted

@Gash: I don't see where you make shards

Ya when I read Shard, I immediately thought of Hard Black Crystal Shards and associated those things since everyone always says how dumb it is to sell those and to continue to play the fail enchanting RNG game which I refuse to do as it's not fun to me.

Posted

Dumb people think processing is good money and the best way to spend you time. Dont be dumb people.

Posted

I make about 2 M/hour while asleep with processing. How? Dumb people process ores to shards and sell them. I buy the shards, process them to ingots and sell them. Let's look at iron for example: At this moment I can buy 4 shards for 4*1771 = 7084 silver. Due to tax, the moron who sold them to me got 5986 silver 

I can sell them for 11800 silvers, minus tax: 9971 silver. My profit is 2900 silver and since I can make 750 ingots per hour, I pull 2.2M/hour. If the moron who spent 4x more time processing the ores into shards than I spend processing the shards into ingots would process himself, he would pull 9971-5986 = 3985 silvers per shard or 3M/hour (during the time he makes ingots, of course less while he makes shards)

Please stop being morons, there is absolutely no reason to sell shards if ingots are not overcrowded on the market (currently only zinc and some exotics). If you processed ores into shards, make ingots yourself, don't let me be rich on your work. I'm already sitting on 3B on top of full TET gear. And I have enough shards in my bank for weeks of non-stop processing.

More business tips in my guide.

Man pls stop that trolling self advertising, its embarassing for real top crafters on EU server...

They are dumb to not process their ores? Then what about you not mentioning how to use ingots you made this way properly to make biggest profit out of them (selling them on Mp for 2m/per hour profit is obviously stupid idea)??

Posted

Not when it's taken out of context. :P

Anyway, the game was designed to have a myriad of activities you can choose from, each one netting you about the same amount of silver per hour. There are some that may bring more periodically, but there is not one magical way to get rich quick. If there was, everybody would be doing it and chances are it would cease to exist.

Obviously, there is some sort of window to make more money per hour, if you are diligent and smart enough, but trust me, each and every thing you can do in-game to make money was designed and optimized individually by a real-life dev. There is nothing that "slips under the radar" of the devs and you figure it out and you are suddenly rich. So stop believing people who claim they can teach you how to get rich without work.

yes there is, its called trading 

Posted

yes there is, its called trading 

L

O

L

Posted

the people selling u the shards ,then buy back the ingots . and turn them into crates for an even bigger profit

1 person likes this

Posted

A measly 2 mil per hour? 

Not worth anybodys time

You didn't get the point. It's nobody's time. You don't have to be at the computer while it processes. You go to sleep or work and when you're back, you have 10M more.

Also, I fully understand if someone isn't processing at all. But lot's of people process ore into shards for 0.5M/hour, just to sell them to me who makes 2M/hour. They are dumb.

Posted (edited)

Actually you are the dumb here, destroying your own market. Hahahah. Idiot 

Edited by RedBulliChain
1 person likes this

Posted

Missed opportunity cost.

Whether you're afk processing or actively using the time, time is still used you think you're making a profit and you are but what you aren't factoring in is the missed opportunity to process something else for an even greater profit or any other afk activity that may make more money (if being afk is a necessity).

Seems like this is advice better suited to new players and then you aren't considering max weight, which determines how long they will process afk, which in turn directly influences their profits. 

Posted

anybody else think he was talking about the hards/sharps before they read the post and only saw the title? 

1 person likes this

Posted

You didn't get the point. It's nobody's time. You don't have to be at the computer while it processes. You go to sleep or work and when you're back, you have 10M more.

Also, I fully understand if someone isn't processing at all. But lot's of people process ore into shards for 0.5M/hour, just to sell them to me who makes 2M/hour. They are dumb.

then there are the people that laugh at people like you making 2m/hour 

Posted

then there are the people that laugh at people like you making 2m/hour 

I was just thinking that lol, its a waste of my time for 2m/h. that is nothing.

Posted

Meanwhile I'm sitting here on 10's of thousands of raw materials too lazy to process into anything...  meh...  I'll get to it eventually, profits gon be like 2-300 mill easy.  Just cant seem to find the time between all my other money making ventures.

One of these days though, get the processing clothes, ore > shards > ingots artisan +3 ore guy into crates, steel ones are like what 22k a pop?  I dunno whatever, lots of money to be made, just make tons more doing other stuff but eventually its gonna be a nice chunk when I do it.