• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

You need to stop pearl trading.

327 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Where are all the horses in the game?

Oh yeah, you can buy a decent one with pearl gifting only. That's one market already destroyed by it completely. How is that not a problem again?

You can also breed them yourself, don't expect everyone to sell stuff that people need for future content

Edited by Le_Flemard

Posted

Oh yeah, you can buy a decent one with pearl gifting only. That's one market already destroyed by it completely. How is that not a problem again?

another case in point.. as the tiers available go up.. people become more willing to sell.. I can remember when there were no t6/7's on market now if you actually watch the market you'll see them go up and even have the chance to pass on some because they don't have the skills you want... stop complaining about the market being scarce and get it yourself.

2 people like this

Posted

You can also breed them yourself, don't expect everyone to sell stuff that people need for future content

Breeding is P2W+RNG, it's buying the reset ticket over and over again until u get T8. With improved rate of getting a T8 in KR and JP ppl still need like 200-500 USD to get a T8, I wonder how much it cost in NA to actually get one.

I don't really care it's P2W I'm always willing to pay to support the game, but RNG HELL NO, ain't gonna pay a penny for that shit. Even if they sell T8 for a fix price of 500 USD I would still buy it.

Posted (edited)

The main problem to this thread is that you are 100% close minded and set on your prediction. People have given the true reason behind the pearl trade success rate.. the price given for the time and trouble just aren't high enough to sell unless they feel they are gaining something from it. I'm not giving you my t8's that I plan to breed for my t9's for the money I can easily grind however breeding/training/rebreeding/training/rebreeding/training is not worth the pocket change they offer so even if you offer pearls you may not get someone willing to sell it.. if they close pearl trading there will be absolutely NO t8's for sale period. So either way you aren't getting one move on.

Edited by Kendrox
1 person likes this

Posted

They are rare. Getting a high tier horse is hard. Getting one with good skills without spending a ton of money is even harder.

If you believe the infographic Daum put out, there have been 85 T8s bred on each server.  These would sell for about 200 million.

Meanwhile, if you look at the marketplace, there have been around 200 TET Dandes sold across all types. They sell for about 1.2 billion.

Posted (edited)

I feel you're missing the point.. these items aren't going for sale because they are high demand and valuable items that most people have applied to the classes they are playing.. so what people do when they are incapable of getting it via the market is.. well... they go out and get it themselves it's not like these items are unobtainable. The people selling them went out and got it themselves. I spent 3 weeks offering pearls for a dandi and got no offers which is exactly the same thing I saw on the marketplace.. 0 sales so I picked up my big boy pants and raided kuranda until the thing dropped it.. now I have it and have no need to waste rl money on trading for the item. Anyone upset about pearls being gifted for the sake of a slight chance at buying one just don't have the time or can't be bothered to go get it themselves or upgrade it themselves.. there isn't a piece of gear on the market that can't be obtained in game from actually trying. So while items may go the way you say (Nothing going to market unless pearls are offered) I can see that being a tipping point where the boys are separated from the men who actually are willing to get their hands dirty to get the things they want.There once was a time when kzarkas were scares on the market because everyone was using it and gearing it themselves now alas I bought a tri kzarka  after watching 4 go up.. I don't think things are as grave as you say.

For the 4th time, things aren't bad *NOW* (how is that such a complicated concept to grasp?) but if they start milking it it's only going to get worse and worse by them lowering drop rates even more to the point that it's just not worth it to even try getting things yourself and instead you have to buy stuff with pearls from the lucky few because the market prices are no longer high enough to account for the rarity of items so no one will sell with in-game money anymore. What happens when this starts to apply to enhancement materials like in TERA EU?

The main problem to this thread is that you are 100% close minded and set on your prediction. People have given the true reason behind the pearl trade success rate.. the price given for the time and trouble just aren't high enough to sell unless they feel they are gaining something from it. I'm not giving you my t8's that I plan to breed for my t9's for the money I can easily grind however breeding/training/rebreeding/training/rebreeding/training is not worth the pocket change they offer so even if you offer pearls you may not get someone willing to sell it.. if they close pearl trading there will be absolutely NO t8's for sale period. So either way you aren't getting one move on.

I don't give a shit about your horses. It was just an example of what happens when you can trade pearls. They should fix the prices of horses instead.

Edited by Kaenada

Posted

when having a tier 8 horse gives you a major competitive edge come back to me

Posted

Yeah that's why all the other games where you get better with real money are doing so well with healthy populations, constant updates and thriving in-game economies.

Oh wait, they are deserted. You can wallow in your ignorance all you want, that doesn't change the fact that every game in the western markets where real money is the only feasible way to progress is dead.

Again, I'm NOT, I repeat, NOOOOOOOT saying that's where the game is *NOW* but I know where it's headed if they don't put a stop to it so *STOP* acting like I'm saying it's there now. Selling outfits is fine, the market prices for them are so low that it's not going to impact anything but when it becomes mandatory to pay in pearls for anything above basic items, you're going to have a problem and unless they remove pearl gifting, that is exactly where it will go.

LGklBJD.jpg

Explain to me again how it's mandatory to gift people pearls to obtain some of the most coveted items in the game? There are people that list boss gear and don't ask for pearls in return. Plus there's the Night Vendor, so it's not like you don't have multiple ways of obtaining gear.

1 person likes this

Posted

LGklBJD.jpg

Explain to me again how it's mandatory to gift people pearls to obtain some of the most coveted items in the game? There are people that list boss gear and don't ask for pearls in return. Plus there's the Night Vendor, so it's not like you don't have multiple ways of obtaining gear.

Point to the post where I said you need pearls to trade NOW? I never did. What I've been saying since the OP is that it's going to go there at some point, as it has done so in literally every MMO.

Posted

TL;DR
OP should just quit.

2 people like this

Posted

Point to the post where I said you need pearls to trade NOW? I never did. What I've been saying since the OP is that it's going to go there at some point, as it has done so in literally every MMO.

You may want to correct yourself. MMO covers everything from RPGs to MOBAs and everything else in between.

Posted

SluM0XB.png

Seems to be working quite while for a niche Korean MMO. :) 

Those are accounts created and not active players lol

1 person likes this

Posted

You may want to correct yourself. MMO covers everything from RPGs to MOBAs and everything else in between.

Go argue semantics with a wall or something.

TL;DR
OP should just quit.

Why, because I like the game enough to care about it's future?

Yeah ok.

Posted

Go argue semantics with a wall or something.

Why, because I like the game enough to care about it's future?

Yeah ok.

So you concocted some wild prediction and get all snarky when one agrees with your version of a possible future?

Oh, yeh, I can see it's going to fun having you around.

Posted

So you concocted some wild prediction and get all snarky when one agrees with your version of a possible future?

Oh, yeh, I can see it's going to fun having you around.

Previous MMO's isn't exactly "wild predictions".

Posted

I don't care how many times this has been posted before but pearl trading for items needs to stop, now.

You might think it gives you money, and it will in the short term for sure but in the long term more and more people will get sick of it and then you have no one left but the minority that buy pearls because everything else becomes worthless, and then you'll lose those people too because they have no one to play with.

Remove the ability to gift pearls or otherwise trade real money for in-game things before it's too late. Go ask Trion how ArcheAge is doing if you want to know what will happen when the only feasible way to stay relevant is to spend 200e on the game. The model DOES. NOT. WORK. in the western market.

That is all.

Save your breath. People here don't actually care about the game, as long as more slutty costumes are being released for their waifu they think the game is 100% flawless.

Posted

Not having market with capped prices would be a simpler and more likely solution. 

The whole reason people ----- about wanting pearls is because they think whatever it is they are selling is worth more then the max the market will allow them to get.  I still think its stupid to allow it at all, but I can't blame someone for not wanting to say put up a t8 horse they most likely spent weeks trying to breed upto, then 60ish hours leveling to 30 for the equivalent silver of a single day's worth of grinding.

You can still keep RNGesus running the market.  People can get a more equitable trade for their stuff and are happy.  No more need to deal with scam people.  No more of that incessant spam or reply to your WTB/WTT requests of "how many pearls?"  PA can still sell their stuff for the marketplace.

Happy people stick around longer. People can't buy your stuff if they arn't playing.

P.S.  PA, as an aside, you'd probably make more if everything gave the same Pearl:Silver ratio on the market, you really are shooting yourself in the foot there.  Choice is good and people want to buy lots of different things, but if the sellers will only stick to the same 1-2 different types of items that give the best ratio then you are loosing out on sales for everything else.  I'd love to buy pets, mount stuff, functional items and all that (which means someone has to pay you $ to sell those to me) but barely any of it exists because its all 'outfit, outfit, outfit'.   Also, the ability to wear parts from different outfits and get the bonus instead of 1 matching set would mean several outfit sales (or at least additional part sales) instead of the single outfit most already have and rarely replace.

Nice try to push through your shitty liberal market agenda. Your proposition will not change a thing but only make matter worse, because whoever was putting stuff on auction for pearls, will do it regardless of market status. Simply because they don't give a shit about how cheap or expensive item is, all they care currently is to get pearls, just out of a greed reasons. Now if you introduce uncontrollable market in the game, with that prices on costumes and other pearl items will sky rocket, and only people who will benefit from it, are people who sell Kzarkas and other shit for pearls, because Kzarkas will be 20 mills and costumes one billion. No one will sell anything for other than pearls if there will be no market intervention from devs. Just STFU with your free market ideas.

Posted

LGklBJD.jpg

Wow so many gold items lol. Is That must be NA server?

There's exactly 0 Kzarka in the marketplace on the EU server. It's rare that a Kzarka weapon(any class) stays up after the bid phase.

Wonder why such a massive difference between servers really o.O

Topic: You dont have to gift people pearl items. They will post it anyway. Either because some poor soul fell for it and gave them free shit or the seller just got impatient. Only advantage you gain from gifting items pre-sale is possible knowing the items enhance level. But you can also get that information by using notifications.

Posted (edited)

wth is up with this marketplace screenshot ?

Ive never seen so many Kzarka up, allmost everying that high end players need is sold out 100% of the time. Even for big Blackstones or Memory Fragments you have to camp the Ah like 2h for 10.

And yea just dont pay perls for nothing, it dos not give you a higher chance to get the Item and it will be posted anyway.

Edited by Nischana

Posted

don't bother pm those who ask to list boss gear for pearl, only T8s.

they will eventually list the boss gear up in the market anyway otherwise its just a box that worth nothing

Wow so many gold items lol. Is That must be NA server?

There's exactly 0 Kzarka in the marketplace on the EU server. It's rare that a Kzarka weapon(any class) stays up after the bid phase.

Wonder why such a massive difference between servers really o.O

Topic: You dont have to gift people pearl items. They will post it anyway. Either because some poor soul fell for it and gave them free shit or the seller just got impatient. Only advantage you gain from gifting items pre-sale is possible knowing the items enhance level. But you can also get that information by using notifications.

EU accuracy monkeys and their meme pearl trading.

this is probably why a lot of EU players are on NA.

Posted

Just give us personal trading, this market system itself is a scam.

wat? lol

No. The market system is great, no inflationed prices is awesome. Id rather have this where everyone has the same fair treatment than a few ppl benefiting from 99% of the pop.

Posted (edited)

wat? lol

No. The market system is great, no inflationed prices is awesome. Id rather have this where everyone has the same fair treatment than a few ppl benefiting from 99% of the pop.

Are you blind? There is inflation in game, cause of preorders- just hidden one... For example average current price on EU of dandelion+0 is 500M+, wizard tri dande 1B+ (sometimes less), others dande tri 700m+, boss pieces+0 400m+, dim tree+0 500m+, logs 30k+ etc etc... Ofc you have chance to get it without preorders, but chance to get one is lower then 1%, cause hundreds others players bid with you... That chance not make game inflation free..

Since we got preorders in game we got inflation too, thats how economy works...

don't bother pm those who ask to list boss gear for pearl, only T8s.

they will eventually list the boss gear up in the market anyway otherwise its just a box that worth nothing

EU accuracy monkeys and their meme pearl trading.

this is probably why a lot of EU players are on NA.

NA is server for lazy casuals who P2W everything, man you got 37k+ VP sold and 12k+ pets on MP, who in hell spend so much $$ to get 9M for Vp or 5m for pet... Number of artisans you P2W is probably three times bigger then on EU too... Throwing $$ into monitor is only way you know to play game...

Edited by Dorsai
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Are you blind? There is inflation in game, cause of preorders- just hidden one... For example average current price on EU of dandelion+0 is 500M+, wizard tri dande 1B+ (sometimes less), others dande tri 700m+, boss pieces+0 400m+, dim tree+0 500m+, logs 30k+ etc etc... Ofc you have chance to get it without preorders, but chance to get one is lower then 1%, cause hundreds others players bid with you... That chance not make game inflation free..

Since we got preorders in game we got inflation too, thats how economy works...

NA is server for lazy casuals who P2W everything, man you got 37k+ VP sold and 12k+ pets on MP, who in hell spend so much $$ to get 9M for Vp or 5m for pet... Number of artisans you P2W is probably three times bigger then on EU too... Throwing $$ into monitor is only way you know to play game...

sounds like someone is mad that their server is garbage, its ok,just ask the support to move your characters to NA.

Edited by GamePois0n
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

wat? lol

RNG isn't fair, some just win because of sheer luck, nothing more unfair than that. And HELL NO the last thing we need is more competition. What we need is more supply, less competition.

Edited by FapperJack

Posted (edited)

Heres an idea, NOBODY CARES, not even the devs, quit trying to rain on their parade, they aint going to change something that is making them money, and i don't care how many times its been said, QUIT MAKING NEW THREADS on this dead horse of a topic

Edited by Yuusayn