• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

You need to stop pearl trading.

327 posts in this topic

Posted

wth is up with this marketplace screenshot ?

Ive never seen so many Kzarka up, allmost everying that high end players need is sold out 100% of the time. Even for big Blackstones or Memory Fragments you have to camp the Ah like 2h for 10.

And yea just dont pay perls for nothing, it dos not give you a higher chance to get the Item and it will be posted anyway.

Are you in EU? Because that screenshot looks like NA last night when I checked for Kzarkas.  I wish it was the same case for Dandes.

wth is up with this marketplace screenshot ?

Ive never seen so many Kzarka up, allmost everying that high end players need is sold out 100% of the time. Even for big Blackstones or Memory Fragments you have to camp the Ah like 2h for 10.

And yea just dont pay perls for nothing, it dos not give you a higher chance to get the Item and it will be posted anyway.

Are you in EU? Because that screenshot looks like NA last night when I checked for Kzarkas.  I wish it was the same case for Dandes.

Posted

Can we please introduce a pearl item to move forward. I think 10 pearls per W push is sufficient to get rid of the poor people.

Can we please introduce a pearl item to move forward. I think 10 pearls per W push is sufficient to get rid of the poor people.

Posted (edited)

Heres an idea, NOBODY CARES, not even the devs, quit trying to rain on their parade, they aint going to change something that is making them money, and i don't care how many times its been said, QUIT MAKING NEW THREADS on this dead horse of a topic

Considering how many replies this thead has gotten in such a short time, people do seem to care.

If you don't care, just don't read/post maybe? Who the hell made you the forum police?

Edited by Kaenada

Posted (edited)

I agree with with the OP, game is great but certain things about the CASH SHOP is not. I will keep playing because I enjoy the game for now but not only did their philosophy around the cash shop keep me away from the game for a long time, it still is an issue in my mind and it certainly will continue to keep away several people within my circle of gaming friends because of it.

I truly believe that the current system and the things that you can buy are to the detriment of the longevity of the game not just from the standpoint that it will diminish the amount of people that play and try the game but also hurt the people trying to make money off the game, 1000 people willing to play a game and spend 10-15$ on cosmetics every 2-3 months is still more money then a whale or two spending a few thousand every month.

Not to forget that 1000 people happy with the game also spread good publicity which grows the game both in playerbase and customerbase. At the end of the day I will keep playing with the current system in place but I hope things don't get worse and that they rework how they are doing certain things.

Edited by Korosuu
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

sounds like someone is mad that their server is garbage, its ok,just ask the support to move your characters to NA.

Please go bicker about OT stuff somewhere else, thank you.

Edited by Kaenada

Posted (edited)

Considering how many replies this thead has gotten in such a short time, people do seem to care.

If you don't care, just don't read/post maybe? Who the hell made you the forum police?

Welcome to the forums.

When you post something that other people have posted multiple times, you get met with resistance. Maybe........just maybe........don't recreate a thread that was just on the main page like yesterday <shrug>

Saying "don't read my post then" means you just want to post without having anyone post a counter argument. 

If you are really directing this at Kakao, then post it in the Suggestions Forum if that was your intention. Otherwise, you post on the General forums, your post will be scrutinized like everyone elses.

Edited by Ravare

Posted (edited)

I agree that something needs to be done ( prob wont happen but well ) about the way "pearl" trading is done atm.

Not that i'm ever gonna use it no matter what but hey ..

Every time i see someone ingame post something like "WTS X item for 5-10k pearls ( which is 50-100$/euro )

I can't help but go Omg_6738d5_830573.jpg

Edited by Ryon

Posted (edited)

Welcome to the forums.

When you post something that other people have posted multiple times, you get met with resistance. Maybe........just maybe........don't recreate a thread that was just on the main page like yesterday <shrug>

Saying "don't read my post then" means you just want to post without having anyone post a counter argument. 

If you are really directing this at Kakao, then post it in the Suggestions Forum if that was your intention. Otherwise, you post on the General forums, your post will be scrutinized like everyone elses.

What? Yeah, someone saying nobody cares is a counter-argument now? Well, your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries so you're wrong.

/facepalm

Edited by Kaenada

Posted

What? Yeah, someone saying nobody cares is a counter-argument now? Well, your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries so you're wrong.

/facepalm

hypocrisy is in the air, and it stinks.

Posted (edited)

The vast majority of replys are people arguing that you are wrong. and you stomping your feet saying Noooooo, I am right!

I have played MMORPGs for over 15 years, I have watched the patterns of countless games births lives and deaths. This game has been out in the west now for over a year and even after the actual "Pay2Win" phase nearly killed it, a phase you probably were not even around for; an actual problem. The game's population has only been getting bigger and more stable, because it's an interesting unique compelling game, it's ebb and flow is not the pattern of a game that is in any danger of losing it's critical mass.

Pearl Trading has been a thing for quite some time now, if it was an issue we would have seen an impact by now, yet the games numbers keep climbing, it's actually getting to the point that at primetime it's hard to even find a channel that is not full of people, this was not a thing even 2 months ago. A game that is still expanding a year after it hit a market is a stable system, and rarely in danger of a sudden max exodus unless the devs radically change the game, and alienate the player base.  

Your only arguments is "it's okay NOW, but" and "This other game fell apart because"  It does not matter. You are not the first person that has come out of nowhere doomsaying thus and you will not be the last, and yet the game will most likely persist long after you have got frustrated and moved on to the next piece of disposable media regardless. 

Edited by Parfet
4 people like this

Posted (edited)

LMAO, you can cry and whine all you want because your not getting your boss gear, GG

Better yet, please quit sell your gears and uninstall the game, that will solve your problem, you can thank me later :)

Edited by Yuusayn

Posted

I don't think Pearl trading is that big of an issue. I don't particularly like it for personal reasons so I choose not to partake, but that isn't keeping me from obtaining gear. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Point to the post where I said you need pearls to trade NOW? I never did. What I've been saying since the OP is that it's going to go there at some point, as it has done so in literally every MMO.

Except its not.  Because of the fact that there is no player to player trade.  And that getting an item thats listed is 100% RNG even if you have a pre order on it.

Try again.

Posted (edited)

The vast majority of replys are people arguing that you are wrong. and you stomping your feet saying Noooooo, I am right!

I have played MMORPGs for over 15 years, I have watched the patterns of countless games births lives and deaths. This game has been out in the west now for over a year and even after the actual "Pay2Win" phase nearly killed it, a phase you probably were not even around for; an actual problem. The game's population has only been getting bigger and more stable, because it's an interesting unique compelling game, it's ebb and flow is not the pattern of a game that is in any danger of losing it's critical mass.

Pearl Trading has been a thing for quite some time now, if it was an issue we would have seen an impact by now, yet the games numbers keep climbing, it's actually getting to the point that at primetime it's hard to even find a channel that is not full of people, this was not a thing even 2 months ago. A game that is still expanding a year after it hit a market is a stable system, and rarely in danger of a sudden max exodus unless the devs radically change the game, and alienate the player base.  

Your only arguments is "it's okay NOW, but" and "This other game fell apart because"  It does not matter. You are not the first person that has come out of nowhere doomsaying thus and you will not be the last, and yet the game will most likely persist long after you have got frustrated and moved on to the next piece of disposable media regardless. 

So explaining why they are actually the ones that are wrong is me stomping my feet but when they repeat the same fallacies it's an eloquent and well-thought out response? Your hyperbolic horseshit and ad-hominems are just more of the same.

Show me a game in the west where you can buy the best gear in the game with real money that isn't dead. You can't, because it doesn't exist. Your argument then must be that it's fine because BDO is special and doesn't follow every other game by doing the exact same thing? What's the thing about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result? Oh yeah, it's insanity.

LMAO, you can cry and whine all you want because your not getting your boss gear, GG

Better yet, please quit sell your gears and uninstall the game, that will solve your problem, you can thank me later :)

I've been playing for 10 days, slowly learning the game and raising life skills. The hell would I do with boss gear yet at lvl51? Furthermore, I have accumulated 200m in that time so I don't even know wtf you're babbling about.

Edited by Kaenada

Posted

hypocrisy is in the air, and it stinks.

The point >>.<<

You missed it.

Except its not.  Because of the fact that there is no player to player trade.  And that getting an item thats listed is 100% RNG even if you have a pre order on it.
Try again.

ahh so THAT'S why I see people selling stuff for pearls in general channel around the clock, because it doesn't exist.

Ok.

Posted

I've been playing for 10 days

...Yeah we are done here.

Posted

The point >>.<<

You missed it.

ahh so THAT'S why I see people selling stuff for pearls in general channel around the clock, because it doesn't exist.

Ok.

Seeing people saying they want to sell xxxxx for xxx pearls does not mean its actually happening.  And considering how many boss items go up daily..... ya.  You can put a notice up on any boss gear and you will get notifications all day long.

Also consider this.  EVEN IF SOMEONE DOES MAKE A DEAL..... it still goes on the market for everyone to buy lol.  So how the fck does that affect you negatively?  It doesn't.

Posted

...Yeah we are done here.

I've been playing MMOs since 98, I know more about in-game economies and mechanics than 99% of the people playing them. More ad-hominen garbage please, it's funny.

1 person likes this

Posted

they should definatly introduce black pearls , because having only white pearls in 2017 is clearly racist.
just my 2cent

-Sizer

I don't care how many times this has been posted before but pearl trading for items needs to stop, now.

You might think it gives you money, and it will in the short term for sure but in the long term more and more people will get sick of it and then you have no one left but the minority that buy pearls because everything else becomes worthless, and then you'll lose those people too because they have no one to play with.

Remove the ability to gift pearls or otherwise trade real money for in-game things before it's too late. Go ask Trion how ArcheAge is doing if you want to know what will happen when the only feasible way to stay relevant is to spend 200e on the game. The model DOES. NOT. WORK. in the western market.

That is all.

Posted

I've been playing MMOs since 98, I know more about in-game economies and mechanics than 99% of the people playing them. More ad-hominen garbage please, it's funny.

It tends to cause me headache, but have fun talking to this brickwall (still far easier than some ironwalls here tho)

Posted

Seeing people saying they want to sell xxxxx for xxx pearls does not mean its actually happening.  And considering how many boss items go up daily..... ya.  You can put a notice up on any boss gear and you will get notifications all day long.
Also consider this.  EVEN IF SOMEONE DOES MAKE A DEAL..... it still goes on the market for everyone to buy lol.  So how the fck does that affect you negatively?  It doesn't.

You really are clueless, aren't you?

It inflates the price of things. It's not a huge issue now but the more people do it, the more people will take it as granted so sooner or later an item is no longer 1bil, it's 1bil + pearls by default. After all, if you KNOW you can get 1bil for an item AND pearls why the hell would you sell it for just 1bil? You wouldn't and as more people catch on, nobody sells any rare items for just silver alone because, well, my friend got pearls too so I'll ask for them as well.

It's basic human nature and economics. Do you honestly think people will sell things for less than they KNOW they can get for it? For reals?

Posted

Really because clearly you dont know how BDO works.  And how people trading pearls for something to be listed isn't a bad thing.

1.  No player to player trading, prevents direct trade of pearls for items.  You would be spot on if we could do that.  But we cant.

2.  You are not guaranteed an item just because you paid someone pearls to list it.

3.  When someone pays pearls to list the item that you want, you should be glad that someone posted an extra one in addition to the many others being listed.  because you also have a chance to win it.

This is more of you having an issue with people getting money for listing items.  An entitlement of thinking its not fair people are getting pearls for listing.  It's not because it makes it impossible to get "coveted" items.  If anything it makes it easier for everyone else because theres more up on the market to bid on.

You sir are making your argument weak.  You have played mmo's for 15+ years..... doesn't mean you are an expert at anything.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Really because clearly you dont know how BDO works.  And how people trading pearls for something to be listed isn't a bad thing.

1.  No player to player trading, prevents direct trade of pearls for items.  You would be spot on if we could do that.  But we cant.

2.  You are not guaranteed an item just because you paid someone pearls to list it.

3.  When someone pays pearls to list the item that you want, you should be glad that someone posted an extra one in addition to the many others being listed.  because you also have a chance to win it.

This is more of you having an issue with people getting money for listing items.  An entitlement of thinking its not fair people are getting pearls for listing.  It's not because it makes it impossible to get "coveted" items.  If anything it makes it easier for everyone else because theres more up on the market to bid on.

You sir are making your argument weak.  You have played mmo's for 15+ years..... doesn't mean you are an expert at anything.

I could go buy 10k pearls right now on a whim if I wanted to. Any more ad-hominem shit you want to spew? Also, if you couldn't gift pearls the items would still be up there. What, you think people will just bank the 1bil item they don't need? LOL

Edited by Kaenada

Posted

You really are clueless, aren't you?

It inflates the price of things. It's not a huge issue now but the more people do it, the more people will take it as granted so sooner or later an item is no longer 1bil, it's 1bil + pearls by default. After all, if you KNOW you can get 1bil for an item AND pearls why the hell would you sell it for just 1bil? You wouldn't and as more people catch on, nobody sells any rare items for just silver alone because, well, my friend got pearls too so I'll ask for them as well.

It's basic human nature and economics. Do you honestly think people will sell things for less than they KNOW they can get for it? For reals?

It inflates the price of things.  

Really how the fck do you come to that conclusion?  The market is maxed already..... IT CANT INFLAT.  A dande wont sell for more than 95 mil or whatever the current cap is.

Its not 1 bil + pearls.  Why would you list it?  Because finding someone thats going to pay you a billion + in silver and 100-200 dollars.... is slim to fcking none.  Have you even looked at the market?  Do you see how many TRI/TET items there are?  See how many aren't even selling without pearls lol?

You have made a scenario in your head and convinced yourself that its true.  When the data in front of you shows other wise.  There is no shortage of items for FOTM classes even though the demand is huge.  Other classes have an over stock of boss weapons that just aren't selling.

People aren't catching on.  Also to prove my point as this topic has been hot lately.  I tried it.  During DK release.  TRI kzarka list + pearls.  Not a single fcking person whispered me lol.  NOT ONE.  Some whispered me telling me not to scam, thats about it.

Thats the other thing, it wont catch on because you can easily be scammed, you dont get it for sure either.  It is literally burning money.  

I am done with you.  You are not that smart, and clearly dont follow market trends.

Posted

SluM0XB.png

Seems to be working quite while for a niche Korean MMO. :) 

And less than 100k per region on 56 lvl - it only show how many people stopped play after see how this game work.