• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

You need to stop pearl trading.

327 posts in this topic

Posted

The horse market says hello.

Why do you refuse to see that sooner or later, the item market becomes the horse market? It's like... staring you in the face.

Thats a different beast all together and broken.  Many breeders selling T8 have already invested around 100 on the horse.  

That problem is something that needs to be fixed on the dev side.  Because selling a horse currently is simply not worth it. And many wont sell them for that simple fact.  It takes a long time to get the horse leveled, takes a long time to get the skills, and get the right skills.  On top of leveling said skills.

If you think selling a T8 for what they currently sell for is worth it to the seller then you have no clue what you are talking about.  

I however am talking about boss weapons and armor.  A T8 horse is not a requirement by any stretch over gear.

Posted

That still doesn't mean they will get it.  And they will have wasted 60 dollars for literally nothing.  This alone is a deterrent for future pearl trades for that player and players he knows.

That's why I don't pay pearls for anything, yep. I'm just not fond of making claims against something that's not true. 

People ought to take responsibility for their choices. The only way you can get scammed is if the person doesn't list the item, and PA have said that they'll take action against scammers who do that. If you lose the bid on your item you "paid" for, well, you knew the risks. Choose smarter next time. 

Posted

Thats a different beast all together and broken.  Many breeders selling T8 have already invested around 100 on the horse.  

That problem is something that needs to be fixed on the dev side.  Because selling a horse currently is simply not worth it. And many wont sell them for that simple fact.  It takes a long time to get the horse leveled, takes a long time to get the skills, and get the right skills.  On top of leveling said skills.

If you think selling a T8 for what they currently sell for is worth it to the seller then you have no clue what you are talking about.  

I however am talking about boss weapons and armor.  A T8 horse is not a requirement by any stretch over gear.

And what happens when it stops being worth it to sell equipment for the market price?

Posted

That's why I don't pay pearls for anything, yep. I'm just not fond of making claims against something that's not true. 

People ought to take responsibility for their choices. The only way you can get scammed is if the person doesn't list the item, and PA have said that they'll take action against scammers who do that. If you lose the bid on your item you "paid" for, well, you knew the risks. Choose smarter next time. 

Ya ive been playing for a year.  The market place is so contested.  I wouldn't even consider it.  Even still the amount of stuff listed daily I still manage to get everything I need.  Took a day or two to finally win a bid on nouver offhand but I still got it.  

People will always list because the game has so many big silver sinks that people selling said items need disposable cash asap.

Posted

Because its a non-issue and since it is a non-issue...........its wise to stop talking about.............non-issues.

I'll be honest, you've posted that you have played for 10 days, your gear is +15 etc. Yet you are on here trying to argue with people who have BEEN PLAYING LONGER than you have. But somehow you know more than us or can predict more about the game that we have more experience with.

Do you see why its hard for people to take you seriously?

You think BDO is some special snowflake MMO that doesn't adhere to the trends and rules of commerce and human incentives?

Posted

You think BDO is some special snowflake MMO that doesn't adhere to the trends and rules of commerce and human incentives?

You think the know the high and low of all MMO in existence just because you played a few before?

Posted

You think the know the high and low of all MMO in existence just because you played a few before?

A few? Try 15 or so off the top of my head. Always crafting/trading on the side.

Posted

BDO is quite different from some other MMOs in that there's no trading outside of the marketplace. That's an unchangeable, fundamental part of the game's economy that dictates how things sell and changes the game up. 

There's so many things to consider when trying to forecast this game's economical state. Everything, and I mean everything, is rng. Even buying items from other players is rng. There's silver sinks in every corner. 

People don't believe you've had enough experience with this game to properly understand everything and frankly, from reading your posts, I agree with them. 

Surely any intelligent mind wouldn't presume to know everything about something after only ten days of looking at it. 

Posted

BDO is quite different from some other MMOs in that there's no trading outside of the marketplace. That's an unchangeable, fundamental part of the game's economy that dictates how things sell and changes the game up. 

There's so many things to consider when trying to forecast this game's economical state. Everything, and I mean everything, is rng. Even buying items from other players is rng. There's silver sinks in every corner. 

People don't believe you've had enough experience with this game to properly understand everything and frankly, from reading your posts, I agree with them. 

Surely any intelligent mind wouldn't presume to know everything about something after only ten days of looking at it. 

Alot of things cannot be predicted, but thinking of the OP as an intelligent mind, i think they've proven already they aren't that

Posted

Alot of things cannot be predicted, but thinking of the OP as an intelligent mind, i think they've proven already they aren't that

Well, as they say, intelligence is knowing it's a one way street. Wisdom is knowing to look both ways anyway. 

2 people like this

Posted

If it's not a big deal at all and nobody does it, why do you want it to stay?

Because when I invite friends to play I like to gift them pets or a costume to make it more enjoyable.

Or when a guildie is having trouble getting a value pack and has no money sometimes ill gift them one.

I am defiantly what you would call a whale in this game having spent over 4k (12 characters all with weight/inv space/costumes, some have multiple, etc etc).

I could careless if they remove the trading pearls for listing items.  But gifting should stay, because people do actually use it for friends.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, as they say, intelligence is knowing it's a one way street. Wisdom is knowing to look both ways anyway. 

LOL WHAT KIND OF NONSENSICAL IRRELEVANT BULLSHIT QUOTE IS THIS?

What the OP is doing is sound—he's looking at a bunch of other MMOs that use the same model, and seeing that they failed. He's pointing out examples in this MMO that are indicative of said failure.

It's like if every time someone got into a car with three wheels, it crashed. But you're standing in front of a car with three wheels and going "Hm... you know what, this time it'll work."

Posted

What the OP is doing is sound—he's looking at a bunch of other MMOs that use the same model, and seeing that they failed. He's pointing out examples in this MMO that are indicative of said failure.

It's like if every time someone got into a car with three wheels, it crashed. But you're standing in front of a car with three wheels and going "Hm... you know what, this time it'll work."

Not that I want to get into an argument over it and derail the thread, but no, it's not like that at all. 

Posted

And what happens when it stops being worth it to sell equipment for the market price?

It doesn't 95 mil for slapping a boss for 5 minutes.....  TRI goes for 500 mil.... TET over a billion.  It will always be worth selling especially if you reroll... selling the weapons alone is enough to fund a reroll as you will have billions from the sale.

Name one of those mmo's that has the same restrictions on player to player trade and locked market prices with bidding and preorders.   Ill wait.  Because thats the big difference you guys are all conveniently ignoring.

3 people like this

Posted

Name one of those mmo's that has the same restrictions on player to player trade and locked market prices with bidding and preorders.   Ill wait.  Because thats the big difference you guys are all conveniently ignoring.

dude are you kidding me?

restrictions on player-to-player trade with RNG bidding and preorders just makes the problem worse

Posted

Bruh, i've been playing MMOs since Everquest.

I've seen the industry changes, frequented MMO forums for years. I have a good understanding of what are real game breaking issues and what are minor things that only affect a small portion of the community.

dude are you kidding me?

restrictions on player-to-player trade with RNG bidding and preorders just makes the problem worse

Yea it makes it worse in the since that..........ITS RNG. DONT BELIEVE ANYONE ASKING FOR PEARLS FOR GIFTING.

If they want to sit around waiting for someone to gift them pearls. GG on them. They might as well post that item on the MP it will sell within a week if its anything Kzarka/Dande etc. EVERYONE wants those items. It will sell regardless.

And if people keep holding onto the items? Hmm.........they got them somehow right? I'm thinking by farming bosses? So does that mean you can put the same effort in and possible get the item as well? Or are you all trying to argue that somehow these Pearl Traders are holding onto every Dande/Nouver etc items that are dropped in game?

Be patient, farm the bosses, save your money and ignore the people spamming for Pearls.

Hell someone in this thread even posted saying they tried and they were met with hostility by in-game players threatening to report them. So no.....the community is not really letting it happen.

Posted

dude are you kidding me?

Whoosh

Thats the sound of shit going over your head.  Sit down.  Shut up.

Posted

Except there is no proof that people hold items if they cant get a pearl gift.  There is however proof that said items are being listed all day and all night on the market.  Therefore its not exclusive to people gifting pearls for items, or items to be list I should say.
My counter point is just as silly as you claiming people wont list because of pearl gifting.  As there is evidence that directly tells a different story.

For items "being listed all day and night", I already noted that there is a very brief window of time when the item is available to anyone--and that the potential buyer and seller define when this time window happens to minimize the odds of other people snagging it away. When an item is listed, neither you nor I have any evidence whether that listing was prearranged in return for pearls or not because that information is not part of the listing.

Nevertheless, we do have people in other threads along similar lines who have told us that they personally do not list items for sale without demanding pearls for them. They've gotten very quiet for this particular thread, so they must be a little worried that their meal ticket is actually in some amount of danger.

So your argument has gone from silly to demonstrably wrong, congratulations.

As for people getting scammed the who thing reaks of scam.  Most people wont indulge the seller with a pearl gift.  Because the risk vs reward is too high in many areas.  They could be scammed, the listed item might not go to preorder, they may lose the bid phase, the item might be preordered by someone with a higher order.

Even with the item seller acting in good faith, this is a player-run version of a cash shop luckybox, in which the average cash price of the item of interest is vastly higher than the price of a single transaction because what you're really buying isn't the item but a chance to buy the item.

Most of us should be able to agree that if a game offers up top gear in cash shop luckyboxes, that would be a real P2W dealbreaker for many players. This is the same thing, with the game still getting the cash and other players wrapping the item into the luckyboxes.

It is setup in a way that it will not become the norm.  And even watching chat you might see one a day asking for pearls if that.  And high end items are rare enough that a single person cannot viable keep creating those opportunities. 

No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

In closing it does not affect the player that does not have pearls.  Due to the above.

It affects all players, because pearl buyers are a major source of revenue for the game, and the game needs revenue to survive and grow. If they come here and get screwed over, they are unlikely to stay here.

Hell someone in this thread even posted saying they tried and they were met with hostility by in-game players threatening to report them. So no.....the community is not really letting it happen.

Except that the developers have gone on record as saying that it is not a reportable offense, so those threats are in fact completely empty.

Posted (edited)

For items "being listed all day and night", I already noted that there is a very brief window of time when the item is available to anyone--and that the potential buyer and seller define when this time window happens to minimize the odds of other people snagging it away. When an item is listed, neither you nor I have any evidence whether that listing was prearranged in return for pearls or not because that information is not part of the listing.

Nevertheless, we do have people in other threads along similar lines who have told us that they personally do not list items for sale without demanding pearls for them. They've gotten very quiet for this particular thread, so they must be a little worried that their meal ticket is actually in some amount of danger.

So your argument has gone from silly to demonstrably wrong, congratulations.

Even with the item seller acting in good faith, this is a player-run version of a cash shop luckybox, in which the average cash price of the item of interest is vastly higher than the price of a single transaction because what you're really buying isn't the item but a chance to buy the item.

Most of us should be able to agree that if a game offers up top gear in cash shop luckyboxes, that would be a real P2W dealbreaker for many players. This is the same thing, with the game still getting the cash and other players wrapping the item into the luckyboxes.

No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

It affects all players, because pearl buyers are a major source of revenue for the game, and the game needs revenue to survive and grow. If they come here and get screwed over, they are unlikely to stay here.

Except that the developers have gone on record as saying that it is not a reportable offense, so those threats are in fact completely empty.

I will say again it does not negatively affect anyone.  If someone chooses to buy pearls and trade.  Cool, thanks for keeping the servers going.

If someone doesn't pay pearls the item will still be listed regardless and they will have their chance at it.

If someone gets scammed, they can report it and it will be taken care of.  And if they dont enforce it well thats fine.  Less and less will pearl trade and it will eventually die out.  It's already not that common.

What is negative there?  Who loses?  I mean honestly where is the negative there?  It will never be exclusive to pearl buyers unless player trade is enabled.

You are argument is just one big one WHAT IF.  None of it is true.  You are ignoring how the system works to try and prove your point.

Edited by Lemonz

Posted

I want to give people my silver for furniture/ house decor pearl shop items.

The alternative is BDO going sub model, but then they wouldn't have a reason to design new furniture/costumes/pets. 

Posted

If it was 200mil for a outfit I could agree, but it's 20m for a full set. It's like 5mil on average for a pet. Why would that be broken? Just because you can't snipe something, doesn't mean it's bad feature that needs to go. It just needs to be adjusted so that everyone has an equal chance.

Posted

If it was 200mil for a outfit I could agree, but it's 20m for a full set. It's like 5mil on average for a pet. Why would that be broken? Just because you can't snipe something, doesn't mean it's bad feature that needs to go. It just needs to be adjusted so that everyone has an equal chance.

Roll the dice.  It's like winning the lottery.

Posted

If people didn't trade pearls they'd trade real money or something else instead. These fixed prices just encourage people to find alternative means of getting what they feel is a fair price for their items. You can't force people to value things a certain amount by just fixing prices. If dandelions were fixed at 1000s tomorrow, would all you fixed priced advocates declare dandelions were worth 1000s, and that people should be willing to sell them at that price, otherwise they are fools who are turning down 1000s to let an item rot in their warehouse?

Get rid of fixed prices, the market system in this game is choked enough.

Posted

The point isn't if its ban-able or not, the point is that players do not like it and are against people withholding items for pearls. Meaning, people trying to exploit this feature are being met with negative reactions, which would lead me to believe that the Devs do not need to take the whole system away.

If someone gets a Dande/Kzarka drop, who says they have to post it on the MP? Unless someone already has the item and does not need one, most people who get the drops are keeping them for themselves. If it gets posted on the MP, its going to be gone fast, regardless of Pearl Gifting or not.

Taking away Pearl Gifting wont change that.

Posted

They make buckets of money on it so Kakao won't take move. There is enough desperate and greedy people so it won't stop from player side either.

But think why originally gifting was disabled ? if that was to happen again they would have to disable it again.