• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How to survive - PvE

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Level 55 DK here and can't figure out how people are staying alive while grinding. Sitting at 104AP/180DP. I use Shift+Q as much as I can. Wheel of Fortune seems risky because the bigger mobs just chunk me super hard while I'm stuck in the animation. What are you guys doing to stay alive for long grind sessions? Are there some dodges I'm not taking advantage of enough.

I'm sure it's a "get gud" issue, was just hoping to get a fresh set of eyes on my issue. Thanks

Posted

Where are you grinding? I don't even need pots to grind :S

Posted

Maines. I've tried Sausan's but obviously that didn't go any better, haha. 

Posted

Remember DK is super squishy with only 180DP ur gonna get mowed down hard I suggest u goto catfish instead. 108AP means u ain't gonna kill very efficiently either.

Posted

Agreed with @FapperJack - that DP is rather low!! Same level as you and I have 224 DP (Roaring Armour, 3 x PRI Agerian) and I can stand there and laugh at all Manes and not even worry about Elites either.

I can happily grind Sausans without much bother as well :)

Posted

u should be using your close range mobility to keep the mobs off while at the same time positioning urself behind the mobs for the back attack modifier.

shift+a/d is good for this

1 person likes this

Posted

I use w+f before I use shift+q so all enemies are down already and you do more damage and kill faster. Also, when fighting for example a world boss I spam shift+w and shift+a/d to dodge as many attacks as possible. Land attack, get out of the way, move in again and land another attack. Kinda like an assassin strategy. I was able to do Sausans just fine at level 54 with 140 DP. (though I decided to move to Elrics because those are easier to kill at 54). Also, shift+a/d refills your mana so it's a good alternative to pots. Especially once u got the chain skill.

Posted

u should be using your close range mobility to keep the mobs off while at the same time positioning urself behind the mobs for the back attack modifier.

shift+a/d is good for this

This^^^

Dodge then hit. You should always be behind the tougher mobs. As soon as they start to turn you dodge again. I was killing the Golems at Helms with similar numbers as you, but it took forever. So as someone else said above- find a spot that you can clear efficiently to max the XP and drops you get at your current DP and AP. And enhance your gear when you can. 

Posted (edited)

Level 55 DK here and can't figure out how people are staying alive while grinding. Sitting at 104AP/180DP. I use Shift+Q as much as I can. Wheel of Fortune seems risky because the bigger mobs just chunk me super hard while I'm stuck in the animation. What are you guys doing to stay alive for long grind sessions? Are there some dodges I'm not taking advantage of enough.

I'm sure it's a "get gud" issue, was just hoping to get a fresh set of eyes on my issue. Thanks

I really dont understand how you cant survive the maine or sausan I had 87 ap and 100 dp and farmed the hell out of maine at lvl 51 to 54  . I will need to watch you play so I may understand what you doing wrong because clearly you are doing something wrong . message me we may be able to meet in game so I can better help you

Edited by Yumiren
1 person likes this

Posted

Dash > skill > dash >skill > dash > skill

Only ranged and magic mobs can even touch me...

Posted

Only at night my hp could drop low. Other than that it always almost full. O have 122 ap 248 dp. May be increase your dp a bit will be a solution?

Posted

I feel that DP doesn't help much for dk. Best for surviving is to cc the mobs you touch before kill and you don't get into trouble.
Skills for that to start are:

Air Strike (W + F) for floating/bound
Unveiled Dagger (F) + Hidden Strike (F again) for stiffness and stun
Enforcement (S+F) for stiffness
Slanted Balance (S+LMB) for floating
Persasive Darkness (Space) to turn mobs around
Obsidian Ashes (Shift + E) to bound from distance (eg for following F or Shift+W to close up and kill).

Having cc'ed the mobs, I kill them then utilizing one of the great dk aoes:
Wheel of Fortune (Shift + F)
Corrupting Ground (Shift + Q) - use that if you need heal, import all mobs around are cc'ed
Kamasylvia Slash (Shift + LMB) - great with having skilled Imperious Command and marking the mobs before with eg S+F or S+RMB
Lunacy of Vedir (quick slot / 100% black spirit)

If you are at over 200 AP, which is really overpowered for most of PVE mobs except Pila Ku, Aakman or Hystria, you might skip the cc part.

Posted

Dash > skill > dash >skill > dash > skill

Only ranged and magic mobs can even touch me...

^This.  You need to dash to build EP anyways.  Shift+<> is an intended mechanic of DK gameplay imo.

Posted

Also be sure to utilize your block when gathering and waiting for a large group. Having them all facing a specific direction and getting behind them for the CC+finisher is a great clear method. (I would also like to suggest you work on your ap/dp a bit as well, for an easier time).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0