• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

laptop Do You Play On A Laptop?

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey guys im thinking of upgrading my laptop because i dont have enough money for a desktop. I currently have a laptop that can only run the game at Low Texture and Very Low Graphic quality, I also have it cropped for smoother performance. 

So what laptops do you guys run the game on? And what settings do you normally run it at? 

Personally I would like it to run at 30fps minimum at high graphics settings.

got any suggestions? Plz let me know 0_0

*Plz dont tell me to wait and get a desktop, i dont have the space for it in my dorm (im a college freshman)*

Edited by Kronoxus

Posted

I play on a laptop only because i have to. Just get a desktop if you can. Laptops for most part aren't going to give you the performance you need for this game. 

Posted

I play on a laptop only because i have to. Just get a desktop if you can. Laptops for most part aren't going to give you the performance you need for this game. 

i see, what settings can you get a steady fps on?

Posted

No, I dont play on a laptop.

Posted (edited)

I play on a laptop and I play on ultra with 35-40 fps at Heidel. :> but I usually play on a little bit lower settings when grinding just because I don't wanna burn my pc if that makes sens. I also run the NVIDIA settings for BDO. This is my pc. https://www.steg-electronics.ch/de/article/Omen-17-w250nz-20493963.aspx

Edited by Eliri
1 person likes this

Posted

i see, what settings can you get a steady fps on?

i dont get steady fps on the minimum settings. You can get a desktop that runs better and cheaper imo.

Posted

Hey guys im thinking of upgrading my laptop because i dont have enough money for a desktop. I currently have a laptop that can only run the game at Low Texture and Very Low Graphic quality, I also have it cropped for smoother performance. 

So what laptops do you guys run the game on? And what settings do you normally run it at? 

Wait.... what?

In my experience laptops are more expensive than desktops for equal specs. I would suggest just putting up with your creaky laptop and save some more.

Posted

I play on a MSI Apache pro GE62 2QF, mainly cause I lived in a tiny flat but now I live in a house might be tempted to get a desktop just need to find a place to put it!

Posted (edited)

I play on a MSI Apache pro GE62 2QF, mainly cause I lived in a tiny flat but now I live in a house might be tempted to get a desktop just need to find a place to put it!

I use the same laptop as this guy. I also bought it based off of the same conditions as him, lol. Its pretty good but you would probably still get better performance out of a similarly priced desktop.

The nVidia laptop gpus are pretty solid but they seem to run pretty hot.

Edited by ClockworkArc
Double post bug

Posted

Using an Asus G752VY, no problems running on highest setting with 50fps avg. 

Using an Asus G752VY, no problems running on highest setting with 50fps avg. 

Posted

If you have enough money to run it 30 fps on a laptop you can afford a middle range desktop pc. 

If you have enough money to run it 30 fps on a laptop you can afford a middle range desktop pc. 

Posted (edited)

I posted this in a similiar thread

I wonder why that myth that laptops are bad for gaming is still around. Mobile i5 are quad cores since skylake and mobile Nvidia Pascal GPUs are 10% slower at best.

Just get something with atleast an i5-6300HQ (or atleast i5-7300HQ) , 8gb ram, a ssd and a GTX 1060 and you should be fine.

Some models that should work:

OMEN by HP 17-w101ng ; MSI GP62MVR  ; Asus FX502VM-DM119T ; Schenker XMG P507 ; MSI GE62VR-6RF

If money is tight, you could go down to a GTX 1050 Ti, which should be able to provide a very decent experience. Just dont buy any notebooks with U-processors (eg i7-7500U) and GPUs with under 4 gigs of VRAM

Edited by PsiGhost

Posted

*Plz dont tell me to wait and get a desktop, i dont have the space for it in my dorm (im a college freshman)*

I can't remember model off the top of my head but I use a Asus gaming laptop.  Similar model would be GL702VM-BHI7N09.  They are big 17 screens, i7, 6GB graphics cards, stock normally 12 GB RAM.  I'll check when I get home.  I play on high settings and get 30-40 fps.  They are pricey and run about $1200+(Amazon/BestBuy). On top of that I maxed ram and added/changed the drives to SSD and a storage HD.  I think they come like that now.  I like the mobility when I travel and can still do my gaming.  I prefer desktop at home over laptop.  I will say I have been impressed on how far gaming laptops have gone.  If your not moving around or traveling, invest in desktop.  Better upgrade options down the road.

Posted

I use an old ROG laptop with a GTX 765M overclocked (by editor software, 10% increase), added a couple of ram in it, Steady 30+ FPS when not in Heidel (too many entities for my old gpu)

Posted

Laptop....gaming????? ......

Whhhhhaaaaat?..

Posted

Whhhhhaaaaat?..

Actually, new mGPU has same performance as desktop version past 1050 now (for Nvidia), the only downside of new laptop is the limited upgrade slots and the inability of changing case GPU (but you could argue that you can now eGPU now for this function (and yes, same power as desktop gpu))

Posted

Whhhhhaaaaat?..

obvious troll.jpg

Posted

Since you're in college, I def recommend laptops over desktops since you're more likely to be on the move for the next 4+ years and apartments don't really allow for much room for your equipment.

That being said, I use an ASUS ROG GL502VS which I leave on for AFK activity while I am at work. When I travel for work, I bring this laptop around which is light and small for easy transportation. I get average of 40 FPS in busy cities such as Heidel on all high settings on this laptop.

Pros: 1) Light, thin and compact (15" FHD screen) so it will fit easily in your backpack or simply carried in your hand. 2) Pretty great CPU and GPU as of 2016 and early 2017 for a laptop. 3) Can game anything on high settings. 4) Plenty of storage and RAM for most people. 5) The laptop might last you until you graduate from college before becoming obsolete and ready for another upgrade if priorities is study first, gaming second.

Would I recommend this laptop? Given your current circumstances, probably not because of the following call-outs - but at least you can be the judge of that yourself if you don't mind these concerns:

- It's about $1.6K. You said finances are tight and you wouldn't be able to even afford a desktop. So I think this may be a bit out of your budget.
- This laptop will not last extended periods of time off its built in battery (probably 3 hours with appropriate settings turned down and not doing anything else but browsing and taking notes; Max 1 hour for just gaming). You'll likely need to scramble between each lecture for some outlet to recharge your laptop again.

1 person likes this

Posted

I run on an i7 processor, 8GB of RAM, nvidia gtx 950m graphics card and I used to be able to play on high settings just fine but now I find myself having to resort to optimized mode a lot since the game is becoming more crowded and thats the only way I get 60fps. Game eventually starts to choke though once it uses up all my CPU so I have to restart it often.