• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Level 49

39 posts in this topic

Posted

Is it true I can't get level 50 if I don't want to PvP?

Posted

yes lvl 49 is the last level your safe from being flagged on pvp.so if that chara is a  lifeskiller,leave it at 49 and don't do the quest to lvl up and youll be fine

Posted

That is correct. You have to do the "[To level 50!] Giant Catfishman Qoobe" quest. After reaching level 50 the PvP feature is activated automatically.

Posted

That is correct. You have to do the "[To level 50!] Giant Catfishman Qoobe" quest. After reaching level 50 the PvP feature is activated automatically.

is there any way to turn this notification off? it keeps flashing up all the time x.x

Posted

Nope you will have it for the rest of your life!

Posted

yes its true, but it also prevent you from accessing MANY things ( skill add on, awakening weapon, so many pve part ) But if you only want to life skill, that might not be that an issue

Posted

I wouldn't suggest this on a character you'll play all the time but for a life skilling trainer or gatherer it has its uses. The actual chance of you getting killed by another player will be quite low unless you go grind right in the middle of an occupied area, in which case you either get an invite or you get gibbed faster than you can type "pt?".

Posted

I've been attacked once by someone who was upset that I was killing an Ogre (No idea why, he died horribly tho) since I passed 50, it's rare to get attacked and most people don't want the hassle of negative Karma.

Posted

OP since exp loss was removed from victims of murderers the number of times I've been killed has dropped from once every few days to once every three or four weeks and all you have to do is resurrect yourself at the nearest node or town and go about you business. 

1 person likes this

Posted

You really don't have to PVP if you don't want to. As long as you act like a decent person and respect other players you will be just fine. Of Course every now and then you may get PKed but I find it to be very rare.

Posted

Dont ever underestimate a person's willingness to kill for no reason. lol

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Can someone clarify something for me? I have been away for a while, and when I had left it was possible to ding 50 on accident. People were basically having to suicide to mobs to lose xp, but still kept accidentally dinging 50 anyway. 

Some folks here are now saying that if you do not complete a level 50 quest, your character will remain level 49 indefinitely. Is this the correct case? Could my fishing alt gain infinite xp and never hit level 50 so long as I avoid that?

Scratch that. The difference was not that you could ding level 50, it was that PvP started at level 45. You still had the quest to go from 49 to 50, but PvP was actually triggered at level 45 here in the states. Is THAT what changed?

Thanks!

Edited by Tolmos

Posted

Its a quest I think. So you need to complete the quest. You cant even reach 50 anymore unless you complete the quest.

Posted

Don't worry about it, you will not be constantly griefed in this game.

Posted

You would be surprised at WHAT all could happen.....

We even got War-decs because one of our Member was good at "Horse-Racing".... just imagine THAT..... Horse Racing!!.

That and many other things are valid reasons to stay 49 with Live-skill Char.

Humans can get really strange some times..... B|

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for all the replies. It leaves me in a quandary though as to what would be best for me.

Can I continue to do quests, get higher leveled skills? That may be what my decision is based on.

Posted

Skill Points, Health, Breathe, Life Skills, all can be obtained at 49.99.999 lock.

You can ignore the entire left side of the map as well. I have a 51 Sorc and a 49 locked Sorc and  I have done the Serendia Shrine daily where you kill 20 mobs, on both with identical gear. The mobs in there are on par with anything in Valencia, the other side of Eastern Border and the difference from 2 levels is night and day. The mobs seem to get huge damage buffs if you are below level. Doing easily 3X the damage on single hits on my 49 as opposed to my 51. Stuff like Manes, even on a high geared 49 will shred you.

When the game first released the PvP flag came on at 30. Now it's 50. It's a good assumption 56 awakening will be the next graduate. If you are content to play at 49 I'd say you will get 3 or 4 months out of BDO before you simply burn out on content and need to walk away or resign to forced PvP risks.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks. It will help me decide.

Posted

Can someone clarify something for me? I have been away for a while, and when I had left it was possible to ding 50 on accident. People were basically having to suicide to mobs to lose xp, but still kept accidentally dinging 50 anyway. 

Some folks here are now saying that if you do not complete a level 50 quest, your character will remain level 49 indefinitely. Is this the correct case? Could my fishing alt gain infinite xp and never hit level 50 so long as I avoid that?

Scratch that. The difference was not that you could ding level 50, it was that PvP started at level 45. You still had the quest to go from 49 to 50, but PvP was actually triggered at level 45 here in the states. Is THAT what changed?

Thanks!

Yes, it was changed from 45 to 50, as many requested. 

Posted

I havent done it myself. But Id imagine you can visit all of the towns and cities in the game at level 49 as long as you remain on your horse and continue to sprint on the road. Doing the quests associated with each town probably cant happen. Since the mobs will be too strong. And some quests require you to be level 50 and up.

Posted

I checked out that level 50 quest, the catfish boss. It will take a good size group, or at least a couple level 50+ tp help me. With all those other catfish around, I can't do it.

Posted (edited)

OP since exp loss was removed from victims of murderers the number of times I've been killed has dropped from once every few days to once every three or four weeks and all you have to do is resurrect yourself at the nearest node or town and go about you business. 

Yeah but getting pk is annoying and a waste of time >.>

You really don't have to PVP if you don't want to. As long as you act like a decent person and respect other players you will be just fine. Of Course every now and then you may get PKed but I find it to be very rare.

People keep on saying this yet there are players pking other people for no reason whatsoever. Like really no is bothering them or messing up there rotations they simple just pk because they are fem losers with nothing better to do.

Dont ever underestimate a person's willingness to kill for no reason. lol

P28igls.jpg

Mdc9N5P.jpg

Edited by Dalenos
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I checked out that level 50 quest, the catfish boss. It will take a good size group, or at least a couple level 50+ tp help me. With all those other catfish around, I can't do it.

Nah. It's just that you've hit the point where gear really starts to matter. Start grinding out some coin (or life-skill for it) and gear yourself up. If you can't solo the Catfishman boss to hit 50, you're gonna find that you'll really struggle after that. Save up some coin, buy some better gear, and get used to using simple cooking to stock up on grain juices. You may also want to check your Skill Points distribution, or grind out a bunch of skill points to beef up your main heavy hitter/aoe skills.

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

What happens if you have like a full TET lvl 49?  Couldn't you potentially still out damage people farming and they couldn't touch you?

Posted

What happens if you have like a full TET lvl 49?  Couldn't you potentially still out damage people farming and they couldn't touch you?

Id like to think so. Someone mentioned accuracy being an issue when you attack mobs higher than you. But if you are wearing high level armor. I wonder if you can still mitigate their damage like a level 56.