• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New player looking for class advice.

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello so i have just bought a game and finishing downloading ( again). I cant decide between some classes like Ninja,Berserker and new Dark Knight. How are they with newcomer class? How hard is farming and pvp? I wan to pick class with not dying alot and getting mad. Or should i pick another class? Looking for some pros and cons thanks for help.

Edited by Excal

Posted

My main is berserker and I've always loved it. 

Sure, there are many other classes that do more dmg while grinding, but the berserker works well enough. It can easily grind without potions, which to me is great. In pvp it's strong, fun and useful, both solo, small scale and node wars. The playstyle is also quite unique, and not like anything you have tried in other mmos. Unlike many other classes who are rather mainstream.

Posted

returning player here and i'm also searching for my "to go"-class. played witch, sorc and dark knight till 56 so far - witch was good to play but her mobility is just meh.... sorc was also great, but that switching from normal to her awakening weapon was just insane and dark knight doesn't have her awakening yet...

So i really need some help from experienced players... looking for a class who doen't have to switch from normal to awakening weapon and has pretty good mobility... thought about maehwa or kunoichi... ^_^

Posted

Welcome :)

Interestingly enough the three classes you are deciding among are the ones I happened to start as my first three classes. I started with Ninja, then Dark Knight, and just started leveling Berserker. My comments below only apply to PvE though.

For a newcomer, I'd recommend Dark Knight. She is super self sufficient and I honestly did not even need to pop a single health potion until level 49 as she has good AoE damage, plenty of iframe skills, and even a block. Her kit allows you to clear mobs rather quickly while on the go with really nice mobility - this will help you accumulate the silver at a faster rate than the other classes you had mentioned.

Ninja is good for grinding/farming as well. A Ninja is a bit like the Dark Knight but less "sturdy". He feels like a glass cannon sometimes and if you get caught out of position, the class is a bit less forgiving than say a more durable character like a Dark Knight or Berserker.

For Berserker, I did not find him very fun in the beginning. In fact, if I started out Berserker in the beginning, I would have switched classes immediately. But once you get the gear for dealing more damage than you could possible take from mobs, it is more fun to just go ham and smash all the things. Though this requires the silver fund though, which is why I don't recommend him first until you have the funds. Compared to the other two classes, clearing mobs was significantly slower. The play style is definitely different from the rest.

I'm sure other people have different opinions on this, but just based on my own experience, I'd find Dark Knight easiest to start out with. I can't say for other classes though because I have not tried them yet.

Posted

I am new too. 

You need some alt char anyway. So, just make them all lv 40.   I have lv 57 witch, lv 56 dark, lv50 Sorc and Maehwa. 

You will use awakened attack skill mostly.  So, watch awakened class in youtube. 

-Witch is good/ easy after awakened.  But, she's not good in 1 vs 1 pvp with low - medium gear.   Pkers will bully u easitly in hunting ground.

Con: Witch's mobility is not good for 1 vs 1.   It's hard to run away from pk in hunting ground.   Witch's basic outfit is ugly. The robe looks just really noob and easy to spot.  It's really hard to buy cash outfit for Witch.  Too much competition.  I finally just bought one outfit for my Witch. 

-Dark is just so easy and her mobility is about between Maehwa and Witch.  It means still good.   I heard, awakened Dark, Witch and Wizard are most OP in pve in KR.  Dark's sword skills are normally much heavier than Maehwa.  But, no awakened weapon yet.  

Con: I heard, DK's awakened skills are boring.  

-Sorc.  Honestly, I got killed by Sorc too many times in Sausan and anther lv 53~57 areas with my Witch.  So, I made lv 50 sorc.  But, I stopped.  I don't want to give her costume, weight and inventory.  She looks older and ..       I'd rather play Berserker.  So, far I've got never pked by another class, except Sorc and Musa in hunting ground.  In pvp/ war, my gear/ lvl are still too low.  I tried a few times, but, some good Maehwa player can kill me so easily.  

If you want a bully class, I think, Sorc, Musa, Maehwa, War and Ninja are the best. 

Posted (edited)

Hello so i have just bought a game and finishing downloading ( again). I cant decide between some classes like Ninja,Berserker and new Dark Knight. How are they with newcomer class? How hard is farming and pvp? I wan to pick class with not dying alot and getting mad. Or should i pick another class? Looking for some pros and cons thanks for help.

The current "Top Tier" Classes are Wizard, Witch, Warrior, Sorc, Berzerker and according to the reports coming back from KR Dark Knight with her awakening seems to also be a Top Tier class.  These are classes that excell at everything.  PvP, PvE, Node Wars and Sieges with decent mobility and sustain.   They are highly sought after in sieges. 

"Mid Tier" classes are Valkyrie, Maewha, Ranger and Musa.  Valkyrie mainly doing fairly well in 1v1 PvP and being a valuable support class for node wars and sieges and has great sustain.  Ranger having OK ranged damage but being a little squishy for front line assaults for node wars but good at everything else.   Maewha is a fairly good all around class with high mobility and excels in mobile hit and run assaults and taking out cannon placements for sieges. Good for flanking and quick burst in and out assaults but bad sustain. Musa is also good in that regard but maewha is turning out to be a little more powerful with recent buffs.  

"Bottom Tier" classes are Kunouichi, Ninja and Tamer.  These classes all excel at 1v1 PvP, small scale PvP and ambushes but are fairly mediocre in most other aspects.  Kuno is a bit better in PvE because of her block ability.  Tamers are also GREAT as a PvE mob grinding class because they have decent AOEs and their pet can aggro double the mobs... but that shouldn't be the reason you choose to main this class as clear speed is mainly dictated by AP. (attack points). 

If you want a class where you are not "Dying Alot" I would recommend any of the top tier classes minus Sorc.  Sorc is a higher skill curve class and it doesn't sound like you have the patience for a high skill class lol.   By far the EASIEST class to play is an A Warrior.  It's a pain in the ass to level one to awakening (basically you suffer until you get "scars of dusk" then it's basically a 3 skill combo till awakening Ground smash + scars of dusk + spinning slash... then repeat),  But once you Awaken a warrior and get their greatsword you can basically face tank a world boss by cycling through your Awakening skills and popping the occasional HP or WP pot.    Wizard and Witch are the easiest classes to play after that because they are High Damage AOE classes with 2 really powerful self heals... Oh and did I mention they both get golems to help take aggro off you when they are awakened... and they have silly high accuracy so they are very Non- Gear dependent. 

At the end of the day though you should fill all of your character slots because of the fame system, fail stacking and energy resources you get from alts.  I recommend at least 1 warrior 1 -2 witches or wizards and at least 1 ranger for boss farming livertos.   Level them all to 56 and watch a few guides on how to play them right and then decide which classes you want to take to 60. 

returning player here and i'm also searching for my "to go"-class. played witch, sorc and dark knight till 56 so far - witch was good to play but her mobility is just meh.... sorc was also great, but that switching from normal to her awakening weapon was just insane and dark knight doesn't have her awakening yet...

So i really need some help from experienced players... looking for a class who doen't have to switch from normal to awakening weapon and has pretty good mobility... thought about maehwa or kunoichi... ^_^

All 3 are top tier classes and all 3 are good. you're basically trying to pick between 3 all stars.  DK awakening is almost as OP as Wizard awakening which is the most powerful awakened class in the game ATM.   As for switching back and forth between Scythe and Amulet, I had the same issue when I first got my awakening for my sorc. You just need to get used to the transitions and skill cancels.   

Go here for that: 
https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&p=macilus+awakening#id=1&vid=3aed1f1cc18526237ec05b407609d875&action=click

Basically though you use your amulet for only a few skills because they are so low accuracy.  Basically Dream of Doom and Bloody calamity and maybe the shield buff and the occasional dark flame are all you are going to use besides your mobility skills.   You approach a big pack of mobs and you open with Dream of Doom, Rushing crow into scythe, Violation + Dead hunt + turnback slash + grim reaper's judgement,  then bloody calamity  or stinger to get out of scythe and back into amulet for mobility. 

So basically Rushing crow to go into scythe. Stinger or bloody calamity to get out.   But that video gives you a few more combos and animation cancels you can play around with. 

Sorc is one of the best Top Tier classes in the game.  No matter what class you choose you are going to run into having to get used to the transitions between main hand weapon and awakening weapon.  Even Warrior witch and wizard which are basically the 3 classes you are referring to that almost never switch still have to go back to regular main hand for certain key skills.  Mobility for warrior and heals/buffs for witch/wiz.   Learning how to properly and fluidly switch between weapons is part of the game and it's going to become even more important when the 2nd awakening comes out which buffs your main hand (pre-awakened) weapon. 

Kuno, while a fun class with stealth is still not one I would recommend for a player with your requirements... it has a high skill curve and less mobility than a Sorc.   Maewha is a fun class but be prepared to have potato accuracy and be really really squishy.   Musa and Maewha have really crappy accuracy so start saving for red coral earings if you decide to roll one. 

Out of the classes you have already leveled DK is going to be the strongest... I LOVE Sorc and I have a level 58.5 Sorc Main... and I'm seriously considering rerolling to DK especially after seeing a 2 DK team win the entire KR 3v3 tournament that was just held.  Their awakening is SICK!

I am new too. 

You need some alt char anyway. So, just make them all lv 40.   I have lv 57 witch, lv 56 dark, lv50 Sorc and Maehwa. 

You will use awakened attack skill mostly.  So, watch awakened class in youtube. 

-Witch is good/ easy after awakened.  But, she's not good in 1 vs 1 pvp with low - medium gear.   Pkers will bully u easitly in hunting ground.

Con: Witch's mobility is not good for 1 vs 1.   It's hard to run away from pk in hunting ground.   Witch's basic outfit is ugly. The robe looks just really noob and easy to spot.  It's really hard to buy cash outfit for Witch.  Too much competition.  I finally just bought one outfit for my Witch. 

... You have an INSTANT double teleport... how do you not have enough mobility? lol.  your evasion dashes + double teleport can put so much distance between you and a sorc it's silly.  Best part is they don't know which direction you teleported half the time.  Also you have stuns and freezes for days and a block.... Witches are great at 1v1s lol. 

-Dark is just so easy and her mobility is about between Maehwa and Witch.  It means still good.   I heard, awakened Dark, Witch and Wizard are most OP in pve in KR.  Dark's sword skills are normally much heavier than Maehwa.  But, no awakened weapon yet.  

Correct on all of these assessments ^^

Con: I heard, DK's awakened skills are boring.  

HUH?!!! have you SEEN the awakening skills?  they are FAR from boring.   So you don't like double dashes with super armor and multiple skills that rain down swords from the sky? shooting swords at enemies from long distance like you're Archer from Unlimited blade works or randomly exploding people in front of you?  Oh yeah and your non- awakened skills are still pretty badass and it's easy to switch between them. 

-Sorc.  Honestly, I got killed by Sorc too many times in Sausan and anther lv 53~57 areas with my Witch.  So, I made lv 50 sorc.  But, I stopped.  I don't want to give her costume, weight and inventory.  She looks older and ..       I'd rather play Berserker.  So, far I've got never pked by another class, except Sorc and Musa in hunting ground.  In pvp/ war, my gear/ lvl are still too low.  I tried a few times, but, some good Maehwa player can kill me so easily.  

If you want a bully class, I think, Sorc, Musa, Maehwa, War and Ninja are the best. 

Well... the reason why is because those classes are really fun to kill people with... I mean you have a F--cking SCYTHE MAN!   Why WOULDN'T you want to reap some poor sot's  Soul with it? 

Edited by JoeBravo
2 people like this

Posted

Thank you @JoeBravo. That really helped me a lot.

I loved Sorc so much before she got her Awakening (also i love her Scythe now), so i'm thinking about going back to Sorc or either playing my DK.

Posted

That's a hard choice... DK is going to be sooo goood!!!  I'm going to be torn between the two... I guess we'll see who I get a Dandelion for first lol. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0