• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Witch Awakening Pets

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Is it even useful/worth it to have their awakening pets out? It seems like they don't do much...I'm also only level 56 so I don't know if they will get more badass when I'm higher level?

Posted

pve -> NO

PvP -> Yes

Posted

In PvE they have their own aggro cap which means you can hit more monsters, and since witch aoes are huge that's a very big bonus. Same rule applies for poison orb and pink orb.

In PvP it's useful to keep the earth pet out against grabbers, it can mess up their targetting. 

Posted

In PvE they have their own aggro cap which means you can hit more monsters

Errr... no.

Only lava/poison field increases the aggro cap. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Errr... no.

Also Magic Lighthouse, which doesn't even swap you to staff mode anymore. 

Posted

Errr... no.

Just tested it myself, aggro is wonky, but they do.

Posted

Just tested it myself, aggro is wonky, but they do.

Mido is absolutely correct that the wiz/witch pet does not increase agro cap the way tamer pet does. Our magic lighthouse and poison/lava fields do, however. 

Posted

To the OP, cause I don't have time to meddle with people who don't know what they're talking about. Its completely worth having them out in both instances.

In pvp: They can literally body block for you because they can be targeted. Many a 100 percents were wasted because someone aimed at my pet instead of me.

They also act as an extra bit of damage, nothing crazy BUT there have been times where it was literally down to the wire in a fight and my pet got the last shot in before my opponent could get their last hit in on me on top of that, its another point of distraction, another thing an opponent has to have eyes on and potentially try to avoid which means another thing that might cause them to mess up.

In pve: Again, an extra bit of damage. Ability to take aggro, which I have found useful when dealing with higher level mobs (I'm level 60 but even at lvl 60, there are things that can kill you). As a witch if I'm ever taking too much aggro from mobs etc, I can just put up my block for sec, let my pet take the aggro, heal up and then reengage. Your pet can take aggro of mobs that are attacking you and it does allow you to go beyond the normal aggro limit, how well it does that is another topic. But using your pet, lava/poison and yourself and thats quite a bit of aggro that you can pull at once.

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0