• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

73 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

20130122052311a0ddo767fvjsy8qh.jpgelves.jpgII9dtSU.jpg

Pearl Abyss,

The Male Elf(Presumed Ranger) was featured in one of your trailers more than 3 years ago. The files for the model appear to already be in game. Many fans of BDO expected to see this class released with the Kamasylvia expansion, but that appears to be unlikely with the release of the Dark Knight class. Can we expect to see the Male Ranger class in 2017, or any time afterwards?

The disparity between genders and classes is profound. There are 5 male classes to choose from, and 4 out of 5 are traditionally melee. A male ranged class(That's not 90 years old, or a reskin) is long overdue.

Edited by wasabi_snooter
10 people like this

Posted

Shooting arrows? Fedor would rather  throw haymakers and hope for the best. 

Posted

As much I would love this - I'm sure they said that they would never do it because they don't know how to make it different from ranger.

To that I say..... Plum/Blader, Kuno/Ninja, Witch/Wizard.

I'm sure they can think of something!

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Shooting arrows? Fedor would rather  throw haymakers and hope for the best.

Don't forget the lethal ground and pound!

I'm sure they said that they would never do it because they don't know how to make it different from ranger.

Can you link the source?

Edited by wasabi_snooter

Posted

If you watch the trailer theres ALOT of things that just disappeared. Like the banditry scene which probly had a purpose, then theres the herds running... and boss running.

Heck, wtf happened in the end? what happened to that concept, the leading an army of npcs?

Also, notice theres no other scene with the male bow user.

3 people like this

Posted

If you watch the trailer theres ALOT of things that just disappeared. Like the banditry scene which probly had a purpose, then theres the herds running... and boss running.

Heck, wtf happened in the end? what happened to that concept, the leading an army of npcs?

Boobs. Boobs happened. When boobs appear, rest dissapears 

myspace-graphic-funny028.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

deadhorse.gif

5 people like this

Posted

beautiful-mike-shinoda-s-smile-o.gif

Posted

Honestly, I to would like to see more male classes appear. 

2 people like this

Posted

maybe in Kamasilve pt 3

Posted (edited)

I also found it odd that they quickly tossed out a brand new class instead of finishing their class circle that they planned.

They still need Archer, Male Tamer, Male Sorcerer and Female Giants. On top of these they now need Male DK.

Edited by Royton
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Our choice is, effectively, male/female of one class or two different classes.

Two different classes is more fun for the majority of players, adds more to the game and entirely new classes act as a bigger draw for new players. Personally, I'd rather have two different classes than the witch/wiz style pairings we've had before, though something like War/Valk is different enough too!

It's worth noting the devs have said much the same, that they could have made male/female versions of each class, or instead do two different classes and that the latter adds more to the game.

They have not stated that they will add male equivalents of every class, and the male/female versions we have were something they were trying out rather than committing too. This is especially pertinent as male tamers are impossible within the lore, ditto male sorcerers, whilst male archers would be dubious. You don't see 'male elves' for good reason: What little we know suggests actual male elves wouldn't be common enough for classes or the odd dudes with tiny antlers might be male elves. It's ambiguous.

Edited by Zann

Posted (edited)

You don't see 'male elves' for good reason: What little we know suggests actual male elves wouldn't be common enough for classes or the odd dudes with tiny antlers might be male elves. It's ambiguous.

"What little we know" does not suggest anything. If the lore is not there substantially for either gender, then what is there to suggest? We just do not know yet.

If there was no plan to feature male elves, then how do you explain the male elf(Ranger) featured in their trailers and screenshots early on?

If it was canceled, then they should tell us it was canceled. If they plan on making it, great! If they have no plans as of yet, then this is a thread to let them know there's still interest.

Edited by wasabi_snooter
2 people like this

Posted

At this point all i will say is.

image.jpg

Posted

• Just another form of PvP, which would have made sense back then when the game was a lot slower, so that a wagon could outpace someone on foot, but now with T8/9 horses and everyone getting mobility left and right, the wagons would either not last long or would require too many players to kill.
    • Trade restriction may have had something to do with it as well that this was cancelled.
  • Boss running is pretty much Hunting (Khalk/Blue Whale) now. The running serves no purpose besides having to chase the enemy with a horse as they cannot attack while moving, though nowadays a lot of classes could chase them on foot as well.
    • Would also be heavily in favour of Ranger and, especially, Wizard and Witch due to their ranged abilities.
  • The last part is just a Siege, they just didn't have 100+ people to act as players (or it may have caused more lags back then with that many at one location) and therefore used NPCs.
  • As for the herd running, no idea.
3 people like this

Posted

I'm hoping instead for a male, dwarf ranged character with a rifle/cannon instead at this point with the Dragan content release.

2 people like this

Posted

I also found it odd that they quickly tossed out a brand new class instead of finishing their class circle that they planned.

They still need Archer, Male Tamer, Male Sorcerer and Female Giants. On top of these they now need Male DK.

They never planned to have a male tamer, sorcerer, or female giant.  BDO is a gender locked game unfortunately :/ 

Posted (edited)

• Just another form of PvP, which would have made sense back then when the game was a lot slower, so that a wagon could outpace someone on foot, but now with T8/9 horses and everyone getting mobility left and right, the wagons would either not last long or would require too many players to kill.
    • Trade restriction may have had something to do with it as well that this was cancelled.

How to ruin something that could have been fun if they didnt went for full retard "horse super stat RNG cash shop rng skip"

yeah at that time we were supposed to have full player trade, so trade guild... So cosmetic cash shop with no stat boost on them... and so many other nice things.

At that time sorc actualy looked like a woman, and not like a dude with female body

945922sorc22.jpg

The ranger Bern outfit looked WAY better with thoses "armored" leg

772415ranger.jpg

So tamer was supposed to also have a pretty nice armor, but instead we have some random weird design :/

ejzkvua-png.50582

Edited by woots

Posted

As much I would love this - I'm sure they said that they would never do it because they don't know how to make it different from ranger.

To that I say..... Plum/Blader, Kuno/Ninja, Witch/Wizard.

I'm sure they can think of something!

crossbow, spear, dual daggers but yeah im with you they could think of something along those lines.

2 people like this

Posted

They never planned to have a male tamer, sorcerer, or female giant.  BDO is a gender locked game unfortunately :/ 

I know they aren't planning genders of each class, Like male Valk or female Warrior. 
I was using names like male tamer/male sorcerer as placeholder names for the class counterparts.
Since most classes have counterparts already wouldn't this mean they are planning to finish the rest?
It would be odd if they didn't finish what they started.

Posted (edited)

I don't get why people are so obsessed for a male ranger.

lYlVYpB.jpg

Female ranger is smexy what else can you ask for >.>

Edited by Dalenos
1 person likes this

Posted

I will NOT be satisfied until I can have my Link cosplay.

Posted (edited)

they canceled male ranger and male dark knight as them classes won't be as popular due to being male when most people prefer to play female chars, so this isen't worth the developement time.

Edited by ambyentlight

Posted

I don't get why people are so obsessed for a male ranger.

lYlVYpB.jpg

Yeah no. Makes me want to delete my ranger.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

they canceled male ranger and male dark knight as them classes won't be as popular due to being male when most people prefer to play female chars, so this isen't worth the developement time.

Is there any actual proof to back up that claim though? I mean people always say that's how it is, but have numbers and data ever been collected to actually push that argument into validity? I know we got a class dispersion chart earlier this month that gave a general image of how popular what class was, but looking at classes that have counterparts males actually seemed to be the preferred choice, ninja is much more popular than kuno, there are more musa players than maehwa, and wizards and witches seem to be rather closely matched in size. Doesn't really seem like being female is the driving factor in what makes a class desirable. 

Edited by Montblank
4 people like this