• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

73 posts in this topic

Posted

0sU1hDk.jpg

Actually this isn't a bad idea. BDO couldn't imagine how to make male ranger different from current female one? Then make male one using a crossbow (two don't seem to be practical tho). Make him a bit less mobile, but with heavier hit and a more defensive abilities.

1 person likes this

Posted

Then make male one using a crossbow (two don't seem to be practical tho).

Practical? In a game where we fight and jump around in high heels?

Posted

20130122052311a0ddo767fvjsy8qh.jpgelves.jpgII9dtSU.jpg

Pearl Abyss,

The Male Elf(Presumed Ranger) was featured in one of your trailers more than 3 years ago. The files for the model appear to already be in game. Many fans of BDO expected to see this class released with the Kamasylvia expansion, but that appears to be unlikely with the release of the Dark Knight class. Can we expect to see the Male Ranger class in 2017, or any time afterwards?

The disparity between genders and classes is profound. There are 5 male classes to choose from, and 4 out of 5 are traditionally melee. A male ranged class(That's not 90 years old, or a reskin) is long overdue.

Dude! ... what game is this because i looks way more interesting than the one I'm playing lol.  all of those world bosses that actually look challenging. sieges that look real ad interesting.... a warrior wielding a halbred?   like wtf mate?  why don't we have THIS game?!!!

But.... that pic you reference is of a ranger... you can see the quiver on her back... and her firing arrows in the vid.... but yeah the armor DOES look cool

Pearl Abyss,

The Male Elf(Presumed Ranger) was featured in one of your trailers more than 3 years ago. The files for the model appear to already be in game. Many fans of BDO expected to see this class released with the Kamasylvia expansion, but that appears to be unlikely with the release of the Dark Knight class. Can we expect to see the Male Ranger class in 2017, or any time afterwards?

The disparity between genders and classes is profound. There are 5 male classes to choose from, and 4 out of 5 are traditionally melee. A male ranged class(That's not 90 years old, or a reskin) is long overdue.

Dude! ... what game is this because i looks way more interesting than the one I'm playing lol.  all of those world bosses that actually look challenging. sieges that look real ad interesting.... a warrior wielding a halbred?   like wtf mate?  why don't we have THIS game?!!!

Posted

It looks awesome, doesn't it?!

Posted (edited)

Atm the 'lore' is just that they don't exist/aren't mentioned.

Pretty sure there was a statement around the time where pa released musa/maehwa that they weren't going back and releasing opposite genders of classes that have already been released.

They mention Archers in the origins of DK on official website.

Edited by eitheldin
1 person likes this

Posted

Danke GIF Is Best GIF

Posted

I'd love to see/  play a male elf ranger. I'd immediately buy pearl items for him too.

And what's more let's have some more western style characters instead of all the eastern ones (although I do agree with the monk class).

When it started off it seemed mainly western but now it seems to be going eastern in a big way. I'd play male or female characters and I'd rather have a choice. There's no reason they can't make the male elf ranger different. He could have spear and buckler, punch with arrows (ala Legolas), use a much bigger bow for more powerful hits but be less dextrous than the female ranger etc, etc - it's no excuse.

In the words of JLP - make it so! they already have half the work done.

2 people like this

Posted

Are there even male NPC's in Kamasylve? avatar_210d8d3173c2_64.png

Posted

Are there even male NPC's in Kamasylve? avatar_210d8d3173c2_64.png

No, female elves hate men that's why the elf race will extinguish soon...

1 person likes this

Posted

Pearl Abyss,

Did you just assume that elfs gender? What if it's female, or both? 

Posted

Practical? In a game where we fight and jump around in high heels?

That's a good one

Posted (edited)

Why should he be a male Ranger? He could be the melee dual wield class I am waiting for with 2 swords and the bow/arrows as accessories or as secondary weapon... :)

I am thinking something like this...

Dual_Wield_03.thumb.jpg.84915276e69cd442

Or even this...

Dual_Wield_01.thumb.jpg.c32926a2baa8b7a0

But I believe we will get something like this

Dual_Wield_02.thumb.jpg.fea9b50059d9e1b0

Edited by Oldar
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Or maybe a druid class like warcraft lore 9_9

Edited by Ashenvall
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Why should he be a male Ranger? He could be the melee dual wield class I am waiting for with 2 swords and the bow/arrows as accessories or as secondary weapon... :)

I am thinking something like this...

Dual_Wield_03.thumb.jpg.84915276e69cd442

Or even this...

Dual_Wield_01.thumb.jpg.c32926a2baa8b7a0

But I believe we will get something like this

Dual_Wield_02.thumb.jpg.fea9b50059d9e1b0

XD

Or maybe a druid class like warcraft lore 9_9

I would love a druid class...

Edited by eitheldin
1 person likes this

Posted

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/18464-interview-with-the-developers/

"It is hard to give a concrete answer to this matter because we are always trying our best to create a truly fun and innovative character, rather than copying an existing one, with a sex change. Creating the same class, but a different gender, takes almost the same amount of resources as creating a completely new class. This has changed the overall direction of class development towards creating new classes, which will provide an entirely new experience for players. Currently, there is no plan to create a male version of Ranger, Sorcerer and Tamer. We might however provide a counterpart that offers a similar look and feel such as Valkyrie vs. Warrior with slight adjustments to fit its nature."

Posted

This game community's obsession with gender of their classes is effin weird.

Posted

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/18464-interview-with-the-developers/

"It is hard to give a concrete answer to this matter because we are always trying our best to create a truly fun and innovative character, rather than copying an existing one, with a sex change. Creating the same class, but a different gender, takes almost the same amount of resources as creating a completely new class. This has changed the overall direction of class development towards creating new classes, which will provide an entirely new experience for players. Currently, there is no plan to create a male version of Ranger, Sorcerer and Tamer. We might however provide a counterpart that offers a similar look and feel such as Valkyrie vs. Warrior with slight adjustments to fit its nature."

Copies of existing ones already exist, they could have avoided it from the beginning then.

Posted

At the beginning, wiz was the counterpart for sorceress.

Posted (edited)

This game community's obsession with gender of their classes is effin weird.

I personally play only if its aesthetically pleasing. I also like to emulate myself in the world i am playing. Definitely more comfortable playing as a male. I just cannot relate to a female character.
Hope that clears it up a little. ^^  

Edited by VVlng
grammar
4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Pearl Abyss,

I really liked the design of this male ranger when I first saw the trailer. I'm so sad, that they didn't add him.. Why is this so difficult? :(

Edited by Florentius
1 person likes this

Posted

Yes to a male ranger <3

Posted

I don't get why people are so obsessed for a male ranger.

lYlVYpB.jpg

Female ranger is smexy what else can you ask for >.>

female bashim more like

Posted

As much I would love this - I'm sure they said that they would never do it because they don't know how to make it different from ranger.

Something along these lines. 

Main weapon

1. Male rangers (Marksman maybe?) have a Crossbow. This wouldn't be a run-and-gun weapon but rather a weapon you need/should choose your positioning carefully.
  2. Attacks are really strong and pierce multiple targets, but lose power the more people the bolt travels through. Skills also pierce through Super Armour so any effect can't be blocked by it. It's an insanely powerful bolt after all and not a sword you can parry or something.
  3. Different bolt skills that have an additional use of being helpful in pvp such as explosive bolts that leaves an AoE field on the ground for each target it passes through. Or a poison arrow that puts a DoT/debuff on targets. 
  4. Would be on the slow end with low to average mobility for the main weapon.

Awakening weapon

1. Awakening would be a Diablo 3 style demon hunter that has dual hand crossbows. This is the run-and-gun weapon
  2. Skills would be on the low/medium damage scale but each have low cooldowns so it becomes sustain damage rather than high burst the Crossbow provides. 
  3. Lots of mobility, regen (HP and Mana) and evasion built into the attacks but the trade off is again, lowish damage so while you can dodge, dip, dive, duck and dodge like a mother-----er, you won't be blowing them up Wizard/Witch style. Battles would be a fight of attrition.
  4. Lots, if not all the skills would have some type of status effect on them. Whether it be movement speed reductions, attack/cast speed reductions or flinching, I would consider this weapon less about being the 1 weapon you only ever have to use like some classes but more about crippling the enemy, whittling them down and debuffing them. Expose weaknesses so you can exploit it with very powerful Crossbow shots.
1 person likes this