• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Feedback from freetrial, combat needs a revamp

79 posts in this topic

Posted

Do this game have other content than common mobs (and laggy bosses with random AoE that kill all melee around)? What is good with game about speed of killing mobs? It only lead to DPS classes faworism and shallowing of the gameplay.

pve is more like a hack n slay game and there is nothing wrong with that. Even if you don't like it there are obviously plenty other players that enjoy hack n slay, even in this game.

Could it use some tweaking? Of course but pretty much every game can improve some way or another.

Posted (edited)

pve is more like a hack n slay game and there is nothing wrong with that. Even if you don't like it there are obviously plenty other players that enjoy hack n slay, even in this game.

Could it use some tweaking? Of course but pretty much every game can improve some way or another.

Under 100k 56 lvl characters per region - I guess omething is wrong here.

Even h&s games are more complex than BDO. For example defence differences between paladin and sorceress in Diablo 2 are drastic. In BDO we do not even know if we stack evasion or damage reduction (true defence) and tank classes die by single combo/hit (DP does not work).

Edited by Hekki

Posted

Mortal Online is a sandbox game

good dood and now tell me the abstract of Mortal Online, because i have no clue what Mortal Online stand for you. 

Right now you did:

Mortal Online = Sandbox

Definiton of Mortal Online?

1 person likes this

Posted

That´s the ideal situtation for a game, yes. But considering people usually comes from tab targeting games I tend to see them as biased towards those combat mechanics. Since BDO is not you average game which will hold your hands at all times telling you where to go and what to do people tend to get confused and easily bored since they can't think for themselves. You can´t expect people to like every game they come across, which makes bdo no exception to that rule, however. If they actually took the time to try out all the different characters, the awakening system and the lifeskill system before opening their mouths it would make for a much better and reliable review of the game. But since they come onto the forum (which is made out of the most salty people) and spew and few lines telling people that the combat system is not good enough when they haven't even done anything good enough of an achievement I don´t see a problem with people just blatantly telling them to piss off since they are the ones being intrusive and disrespectfull. 

Ive used the same attack now, for 30 lvls....literally. Same attack, hold down F and my character kicks around, I only have to vaguely point in the direction of the enemies...she just kicks around and moves automatically towards the enemy.

BDO is not a game that holds ur hands....well, u certainly dont need hands to fight in this game.

Posted

Ive used the same attack now, for 30 lvls....literally. Same attack, hold down F and my character kicks around, I only have to vaguely point in the direction of the enemies...she just kicks around and moves automatically towards the enemy.

BDO is not a game that holds ur hands....well, u certainly dont need hands to fight in this game.

What the ----- are you even playing jesus? The way you just typed makes me even wonder if you even know the existance of the skill window. There are like literaly half a dozen skills in the classes amongst with even more class specific skills in the awakening which you get at lvl 56. Seriously what game are you playing here?

Press K for the damn skill window and there are 2 tabs - 1 for the normal weapon and the other one for awakening weapon. God if you havent even discovered this then makes me wonder how long will it take you to find out that you can use certain combos with your skills.

Posted

The combat isn't the problem, the monsters are. I say make the mobs somewhat harder but raise the xp you get from them (so grinding doesn't feel more tedious).

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

What the ----- are you even playing jesus? The way you just typed makes me even wonder if you even know the existance of the skill window. There are like literaly half a dozen skills in the classes amongst with even more class specific skills in the awakening which you get at lvl 56. Seriously what game are you playing here?

Press K for the damn skill window and there are 2 tabs - 1 for the normal weapon and the other one for awakening weapon. God if you havent even discovered this then makes me wonder how long will it take you to find out that you can use certain combos with your skills.

I dont think u understood my point. I dont need all the different skills....u can just use the same attack and ur fine. And thats the problem. The combat is so easy and shallow that u can hold down the same attack in every fight. Dont need the other skills at all.

And this thing about the game getting better at lvl 50. Lol really...game need to be good at lvl 10, 20, 30 etc.

Edited by breke

Posted

I dont think u understood my point. I dont need all the different skills....u can just use the same attack and ur fine. And thats the problem. The combat is so easy and shallow that u can hold down the same attack in every fight. Dont need the other skills at all.

And this thing about the game getting better at lvl 50. Lol really...game need to be good at lvl 10, 20, 30 etc.

I see. Do you also understand that a large majority considers lvl 1 to 50 nothing but tutorial stage in the game? Id even consider lvl 50 to 56 also tutorial stage.

If you want a real taste of combat then get to higher stages of lvl where it matters or the best option is to go pvp.

Posted

Wow the circlejerk is strong in this thread. Can you people stop convincing him this is a good game? I'd rather not have more people lagging the servers, thanks. (✿◡‿◡)

4 people like this

Posted

Wow the circlejerk is strong in this thread. Can you people stop convincing him this is a good game? I'd rather not have more people lagging the servers, thanks. (✿◡‿◡)

But we need all the monies :( 

Posted

But we need all the monies :( 

Not me, I don't need monies, all I need is you. (✿◡‿◡)

1 person likes this

Posted

Tutorial was too easy 

shit game

nice reveiw 

Posted (edited)

Have you been to Mediah? If the answer is "no" then you simply have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Go to one of the areas that says 55-56 and up with a 100/100+ character and tell me how you press F to win.

You'll die in 3 seconds. Hell, even a random lvl50 Ogre will kill you if you don't avoid it's attacks.

Edited by Kaenada

Posted (edited)

I would honestly say you need to start exploring your skills more and learn combos. When you've only been attacking with same skill over and over again you aren't even giving enough of a damage output. There are cool downs to skills, if you keep using the same skill on a cool down, you aren't taking advantage of the max damage it gives when it's off cool down. The skills you need to learn when you have reached the right level to use them will combine with others and give out massive damage.

Using the right skills and learning combos is essential in higher level areas. Level 1-50 is a breeze. But once you hit level 56 and awaken its a whole new world. Most here are upset that you haven't given the game a fair chance at it's combat system, that's why you are getting so much negativity. Sure it's not perfect, but no MMO's combat system is. Personally I prefer GW2 and Tera's combat system myself, but by no means is BDO's combat boring. Try the PvP. The only thing boring is the grinding of mindless mobs with no real challenging mechanics.

Edit: One thing I would like to add. From the sound of it, it doesn't look you play many Asian MMO's. A lot of them tend to speed up the leveling process until max cap, rendering the lower level content useless at a later time years into a game. BDO has no max cap, but it is a very slow leveling process from level 60.

Edited by Ashrala

Posted

Not me, I don't need monies, all I need is you. (✿◡‿◡)

Oh youuu~ (✿◡‿◡)

Posted

Oh my god the fuk is wrong with OP ....

Game was released a year ago on NA/EU and you came here now demanding a challeging combat at lvl 30+ ? What game will provide you with that?

It takes roughly 10h of slow paced grind with crap gear to hit 55 ... if you are new player you can join in to olivia chanels where experiance is 2x times more than regular servers.

Now for the combat ... Mobs were nerfed in hp/defence long time ago so players (new ones) would have easier way of leveling and catching up to veterans thats why you can basically max out one spammable AOE skill and boost your self to 55 using just that.

What you can also do is invest skill points in other skills as well and use them as well ... you will learn how to link skills into combos and will have easier time past lvl 56 and in PVP as well.

Next thing is if you pick a brain dead class designed for monkeys to play like witch/wizzard, ranger to a certain degree or a warrior you wont have much of a challange ... try tamer for example or ninja maybe even mewa.

As others pointed out  ... 1-55 is tutorial and not a real game.

Posted

Lmao kid get out the game.

I don't know many RPGs where the first X amount of levels before some type of class advancement is the combat ever considered fun.

I could probabLy name 50 games where you use literally ONE skill as your main damage skill until you get something better, especially tab target mmos. So just stop with the game needs to be good from lvl 1 when this is one of the few games where you can access everything from lvl 1.

Theres so many skills in this game per class that a good majority don't even get used, and that's pre- lvl 56.

if all you're doing is kicking things and they're dying you've probably spent about 30minutes playing.

Either way thanks for the lulz go play those other good MMOs. 

Posted

I remember my first time going to kill goblins, and constantly looking over my shoulder for the Elite Fighters. They were scary!

Now, you can sneeze and they fall over dead.

The OP likely represents one lone poster among thousands who deleted the free trial because the came appears to be for wusses.

Seriously, I think they need to give people something to sink their teeth into right from the start. The game was fun when I started.

Posted (edited)

Next thing is if you pick a brain dead class designed for monkeys to play like witch/wizzard, ranger to a certain degree or a warrior you wont have much of a challange ... try tamer for

Beside this and berserker and sorceress all other classes are in shit tier in both PvE and PvP. Strange coincidence?

Edited by Hekki

Posted

Ill go for quality over quantity, U have fun farming

Then you need to find other game

Posted

Then you´re obviously doing something wrong. Have you checked out the combo guides for whatever character you´re playing? Since you don´t seem to know about iframes, anicanceling or/and how to stack the attack buffs while finishing a combo. Btw, a kick is considered to be only used by warriors since they have it for cancelling attack to channel to another to drop the animation for a faster one. Again, you don't seem to know the combat system well since you´re basically pressing F, F, F, F, F by your comment. This isn't a hack n slash game where you press the same button over and over again (even in those games you don't do that). Even if you were to argue that whatever you´re doing is the most efficient way in PvE it wont hold up in PVP at any levels, ever. 

Posted

I remember my first time going to kill goblins, and constantly looking over my shoulder for the Elite Fighters. They were scary!

Now, you can sneeze and they fall over dead.

The OP likely represents one lone poster among thousands who deleted the free trial because the came appears to be for wusses.

Seriously, I think they need to give people something to sink their teeth into right from the start. The game was fun when I started.

back in the day when the first elite you came across were khurutos. every single guild member died atleast once from them on their first playthrough, due to the sheer surprise of the power jump between the elites. everytime we'd get the message 'xxx was killed by khuruto fighter' the entire guild would go

KHHHUUUURRUUUUUTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Then you´re obviously doing something wrong. Have you checked out the combo guides for whatever character you´re playing? Since you don´t seem to know about iframes, anicanceling or/and how to stack the attack buffs while finishing a combo. Btw, a kick is considered to be only used by warriors since they have it for cancelling attack to channel to another to drop the animation for a faster one. Again, you don't seem to know the combat system well since you´re basically pressing F, F, F, F, F by your comment. This isn't a hack n slash game where you press the same button over and over again (even in those games you don't do that). Even if you were to argue that whatever you´re doing is the most efficient way in PvE it wont hold up in PVP at any levels, ever. 

he doesnt need to tho. thats the problem. i remember some sort of english proverb that went like 'neccessity is the father of invention' or something like that.

back in the day, and i mean at launch phase, the grind to 50 was 10 times more tedious, but the mobs hit harder too. *due to a whole variety of reasons*. back then you atleast NEEDED to dodge and combo your CDs to kill. I just leveled my DK to 56 pretty much just using w+f, Shift+f, and Shift LMB over and over again to 56. no need to dodge, no nothing. and did it within 11 hours gametime using only the drops i got from grinding :/

And as for PVP, once again, there is no NECCESSITY to be good at PVP at all on your road to 56-60 or whatever. Back in the day, we lost something real and tangible if we got flagged on, practicing our combos, CDs, CCs and DPS skills Iframes, Cancels AND sparring with each class was a neccessity to protect that 1 percent. Shit we even practiced how to near instantly press escape and escape mode.

Now though, you dont even lose time. Gear cap to even get into PvP will take a couple of months to achieve if you play it smart. There is No NEED to train, infact its pretty much a waste of time that you could spend grinding/lifeskilling to get the gear.

For the PvE i wish mobs were stronger but offered much better loot, but for PvP i wish there was a gear bracketed arena with some nice rewards that newbies could actually participate in. but we have what we have.

All in all, new players just wont have the high octane, adrenalin filled memories that we vets made during the early days

2016-03-19_550978656.thumb.JPG.4af9e41bb

level 48 and +12 gear considered to be 'OP' protecting our lower geared from Nihilum Red xD

5 people like this

Posted

you can do that in EVERY GAME, even in wow, which is based around every class having a gazillion skills each on different cooldowns, you can get to maxlvl by just right-clicking and auto attacking every opponent without ever using a skill if thats what you want to, tell me one game that doesnt have spamable standard attacks. That doesn't mean thats any good or a wise decision, but why should a sandbox game take away your possibility to do so?

if you actually leveled to 30 by just using the kicks, which even do shitty damage and are just for the cc's, i feel sad for you.

and if you need 10x longer to kill higher enemies and are completely unable to win any pvp fight because you dont want to use your other skills, then you're not "doing fine".

the pve "combat difficulty" in bdo is not about wether youre able to defeat the npcs, but how fast and efficiently you can do so, you will understand that when you reach 56+ and start to need hundreds of thousands of mobs for a lvl up.

Posted

No the character creator is poor IMHO, gender locked and only humans/elves to choose from.  Plus nearly everyone would look the same if it wasn't for costumes.

Posted (edited)

wth people even dare to give feedback about stuff when they didnt even get 57 at least!?  its like a retard that gives nuclear bomb and time travel lessons, your opinion = zero.

Edited by Dark Eus