• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Feedback from freetrial, combat needs a revamp

79 posts in this topic

Posted

If they actually took the time to try out all the different characters, the awakening system and the lifeskill system before opening their mouths it would make for a much better and reliable review of the game. But since they come onto the forum (which is made out of the most salty people) and spew and few lines telling people that the combat system is not good enough when they haven't even done anything good enough of an achievement I don´t see a problem with people just blatantly telling them to piss off since they are the ones being intrusive and disrespectfull.

But hurrdurr I want to master the game in 1 day!!!!11!11!1 The grind take sooooo long at lvl50!!11!11!1!1! I don't know where to go so it's game fault. Enemies are too easy, make it harder so I can't grind anymore so I will whine again because of that. I can't make profits reselling everything I see on the marketplace so I have to actually put some effort and a little of thinking to make profit with life skills instead of just buying cheap reselling it, outrageous!

It's funny because if you play wow they have to give you an instant high leveled and geared character because the low leveling phase is so bad and slow they know people will leave in a few minutes (you can't compare action combat with spamming 1-2-3, even if the early game in bdo is slow is much better than most themeparks out there).

In every damn rpg you end spamming the same skill/rotation until you are dead so people whinning about that should check the previous mmorpg they played.

Every mmorpg have those issues but because you have to think in bdo and actually learn new things (if you never played open pvp mmorpgs or sandbox games) people whine. It's normal the market is saturated with clonic mmos because ofI the "I'm sick of wow but I want to play in the same way than wow in a different game" mentality.

Posted

back in the day when the first elite you came across were khurutos. every single guild member died atleast once from them on their first playthrough, due to the sheer surprise of the power jump between the elites. everytime we'd get the message 'xxx was killed by khuruto fighter' the entire guild would go
KHHHUUUURRUUUUUTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I remember back then I used to farm elites for stones and such, mainly the Fogans and Cultists since they were easy. Then when I got to the Khurutos, I was like, "Yay, more elites to kill."

I was dead wrong. But once I got higher enchant and better gear I was able to solo it (thank god for being a valk). But now with everyone being able to enchant easily compared to back then and not to mention the mob nerf...No area past Valencia is difficult. Killing mobs are far easier than before.

I agree with others that the OP should've try and put more time into his free trial. Like any KMMO, everything is a lot more appealing at higher levels, so if you have yet to reach that point then it's going to be dull and boring because they've all been nerfed. I found BDO's battle system to be a lot more fast paced and fluid than TERA's.

1 person likes this

Posted

I see. Do you also understand that a large majority considers lvl 1 to 50 nothing but tutorial stage in the game? Id even consider lvl 50 to 56 also tutorial stage.

If you want a real taste of combat then get to higher stages of lvl where it matters or the best option is to go pvp.

thats some tutorial u guys got there then. Lasts the majority of the lvls lol.

Posted

what would clearly need revamp is the whole RNG CC - CC "immune" system. So get a ACTIVE CC break system instead

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Majority of the levels in every MMO since forever is the tutorial part. Every themepark MMO for example is meaningless grinding you can do semi-afk before you hit max level.

Edited by Kaenada

Posted

Majority of the levels in every MMO since forever is the tutorial part. Every themepark MMO for example is meaningless grinding you can do semi-afk before you hit max level.

Exactly. I remember when people was playing wotlk in wow where one famous quote was "the game starts at lvl80".

It seems people forget that kind of thing to bash other games for the same stuffs (despite here in BDO you can lifeskill since lvl1 so you are doing "endgame stuf" already so it's even better than other games).

Posted

Majority of the levels in every MMO since forever is the tutorial part. Every themepark MMO for example is meaningless before you hit max level.

So, you're saying BDO can't be better than other games?

Or, is this an "everybody does it!" excuse?

Posted

So, you're saying BDO can't be better than other games?

Or, is this an "everybody does it!" excuse?

Doing what the vast majority of your potential customer base expects (easy leveling) isn't an excuse, it's called "not shooting yourself in the foot".

I know this may come as a startling shock to you, but the people who consciously want a challenge are a minority. I've accepted it, so I don't expect anything from MMO's anymore in terms of difficulty. Even the "hard" MMO's weren't hard once you figured things out so it wasn't satisfying to people who are competent, but it WAS frustrating to people who were garbage at games.

In short, they gain nothing by having hard leveling content, only lose.

Posted (edited)

Doing what the vast majority of your potential customer base expects (easy leveling) isn't an excuse, it's called "not shooting yourself in the foot".

I know this may come as a startling shock to you, but the people who consciously want a challenge are a minority. I've accepted it, so I don't expect anything from MMO's anymore in terms of difficulty. Even the "hard" MMO's weren't hard once you figured things out so it wasn't satisfying to people who are competent, but it WAS frustrating to people who were garbage at games.

That is not true. Even casuals subconsciously do want challenge. Without the challenge game is boring and people leave it. Frustration may make some people leave the game but boredom is real games killer. It's the reson old MMOs like EVE are still alive.

Edited by Hekki
1 person likes this

Posted

Once you start fighting things with higher AP than you then you will notice that you have to use some evades, self heals, blocks etc depending on your class.

I play a Ninja, especially in PvP........there is nothing "simple" about or combat.

Posted

Maybe sth like this would satisfy OP?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It may be the majority of lvls, but its not the majority of time played. Most people can get to lvl 50+ in a matter of hours (3-4 hours). That is why it is considered a tutorial.

If you don't like the combat, then that is fine, but your reasons for stating why the combat is bad can be applied to practically any game out there.

Edited by Nimalla
1 person likes this

Posted

That is not true. Even casuals subconsciously do want challenge. Without the challenge game is boring and people leave it. Frustration may make some people leave the game but boredom is real games killer. It's the reson old MMOs like EVE are still alive.

I'm talking about grinding/leveling. EVE isn't hard until you go PvP, that's not grinding. Just doing harder missions in EVE requires you to not play the game for a few months to level up your skills, then buy plex to get money to buy a decent ship, then go park your BC of doom and press 3 buttons, MUTCH HARD.

Posted

i agree, op. sandbagging on brain dead mobs is not fun. 

1 shotting a mob isnt that more enjoyable either, but gotta make the grind somewhat tolerable and that's how the devs did it. nerfed mobs until you can easily and effectively delete them in less than a second. gear up so you can delete the higher leveled mobs with ridiculously high HP/DEF stats within a few skills.

its just a mindless grind once you've hit that gear threshold allowing you to not worry so much about face tanking heavy hitting attacks and doing enough damage that you don't need to worry about seeing the enemy even have an attack animation. most mobs move slow enough and have telegraphed attacks 10 minutes before it even becomes active so no problem dodging.

Posted

i agree, op. sandbagging on brain dead mobs is not fun. 

1 shotting a mob isnt that more enjoyable either, but gotta make the grind somewhat tolerable and that's how the devs did it. nerfed mobs until you can easily and effectively delete them in less than a second. gear up so you can delete the higher leveled mobs with ridiculously high HP/DEF stats within a few skills.

its just a mindless grind once you've hit that gear threshold allowing you to not worry so much about face tanking heavy hitting attacks and doing enough damage that you don't need to worry about seeing the enemy even have an attack animation. most mobs move slow enough and have telegraphed attacks 10 minutes before it even becomes active so no problem dodging.

Doing BAM quests in TERA at level (mini-bosses out in the world) was so exciting. They would 2 shot you with large, almost instant AoE attacks, take 5 minutes to kill and dropped barely anything worth killing them over.

Then you learned their patterns and how to abuse their behavior and it became a boring chore. It does not matter how hard leveling/grinding enemies are, they become boring after you figure them out. Whether it takes 1 second or 1h to kill something is irrelevant.

Name one MMO where leveling/grinding was hard after you got used to the enemies. You can't, because it doesn't exist. In fact, everything you do becomes easy once you do it enough, just because it's easy from the start or after awhile doesn't matter in a game like this. If you want a challege, go PvP and see how uber elite you are.

Posted (edited)

Doing BAM quests in TERA at level (mini-bosses out in the world) was so exciting. They would 2 shot you with large, almost instant AoE attacks, take 5 minutes to kill and dropped barely anything worth killing them over.

Then you learned their patterns and how to abuse their behavior and it became a boring chore. It does not matter how hard leveling/grinding enemies are, they become boring after you figure them out. Whether it takes 1 second or 1h to kill something is irrelevant.

Name one MMO where leveling/grinding was hard after you got used to the enemies. You can't, because it doesn't exist. In fact, everything you do becomes easy once you do it enough, just because it's easy from the start or after awhile doesn't matter in a game like this. If you want a challege, go PvP and see how uber elite you are.

see thats the point. OP is saying the combat is so boring at the beginning why should he drag himself through it if hes not going to enjoy it any more than he does from sub 50? and then the solution you brought up about PVP being the challenging aspect... yeah good luck doing anything sub 56 or 60 where it's required nowadays or having enough gear to last in a fight. its poor game design.(bdos not everyones cup of tea, just sayin)

btw i am uber elite, i pressed down+F on my wizard with 100% rage and only 100AP i think i wiped out an entire guild xddddd

Edited by HuangHo

Posted (edited)

see thats the point. OP is saying the combat is so boring at the beginning why should he drag himself through it if hes not going to enjoy it any more than he does from sub 50? and then the solution you brought up about PVP being the challenging aspect... yeah good luck doing anything sub 56 or 60 where it's required nowadays or having enough gear to last in a fight. its poor game design.(bdos not everyones cup of tea, just sayin)

btw i am uber elite, i pressed down+F on my wizard with 100% rage and only 100AP i think i wiped out an entire guild xddddd

So we should... what, convince someone that they aren't bored? O.o

The thing people told him was, that it gets harder, a lot harder, later on. If you don't enjoy the combat mechanically then nothing will ever change that.

Edited by Kaenada

Posted

I would make this my go to mmo...except the problem is the combat. Its chaotic, messy, and too easy...no substance really.

Just giving this feedback because I enjoyed lots of other aspects of the game, but the combat is ruining it. Combat is just one step away from being autocombat, its that easy. Just spam the same attack over and over.

ok

I'll alert the developpers right now !

Posted (edited)

493.jpg

Edited by Freeway
2 people like this

Posted

I would make this my go to mmo...except the problem is the combat. Its chaotic, messy, and too easy...no substance really.

Just giving this feedback because I enjoyed lots of other aspects of the game, but the combat is ruining it. Combat is just one step away from being autocombat, its that easy. Just spam the same attack over and over.

Such a shame because the game good in many other aspects.

I'm not sure why you think the combat is too easy and has no substance. I've played WoW, TERA, Rift, and a few other mmo's that aren't around anymore. The combat in BDO, to me, is what I love the most about the game. All the other mmo's had combat that involves pressing 1-0 to use a skill and you basically keep spamming that skill, or use a rotation of skills to maximize your DPS output. In BDO, you actually have to combo your skills together. Yes there's rotation in this game as well but it doesn't feel as mind numbing as other mmo's. And once you get to 56 and get your awakened, you then have to learn how to combo your awakened skills with your base skills and switch back and forth between them while fighting.

Yes BDO is like all other mmo's with the fact that you have to grind mobs to level up, but the way that BDO's combat is makes it feel more fun than other mmo's.

Posted

BDO, you actually have to combo your skills together.

No u dont.

Posted

No u dont.

Well if you PvP you definitely do

Posted

No, I'm afraid she's right. I spent ten years coding a "challenging" game, and in the end, I had less than a dozen regular players.

It's what I said before; BDO is targeted at the left side of the bell curve, and that's probably smart. Goodness, the same strategy made a game show buffoon president of the USA!

Those of us with brains are smart enough to find our own fun in BDO.

Posted (edited)

No, I'm afraid she's right. I spent ten years coding a "challenging" game, and in the end, I had less than a dozen regular players.

It's what I said before; BDO is targeted at the left side of the bell curve, and that's probably smart. Goodness, the same strategy made a game show buffoon president of the USA!

Those of us with brains are smart enough to find our own fun in BDO.

I'm a he, just wanna point that out before weirdness starts going around. :P

Edited by Kaenada
1 person likes this

Posted

This game has Combat?        

1 person likes this