• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Best Melee Class with Self Healing?

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello. New to Black Desert Online. Always enjoy playing melee classes that have leach/self healing capabilities (paladins, shadow knights, and so on).

What melee class has the best self-healing skills? I keep digging around on all the skill trees but figured i'd ask the community!

Edited by Profet

Posted

zerker, valk might look like the typically paladin class but zerker has more heals.

Posted

Zerkers have heals, but their not the traditional leach heals etc, they're straight up heal over a small amount of time, and are on fairly long cool down timers, so we have to have fairly decent DP to some extent.

Posted

Valk has 1 huge group heal every ~60 sec.

Musa / Meahwa can use a life steal skill without cooldown (E?) but you need more mana (WP / SP) to heal more and with attack speed you can heal faster. Also the skill is based on hits so how more accuracy, attack speed, WP, SP you have how faster and more you can heal especialy against multiple enemies. wich easily can heal up to 800 HP in 1 sec. (Based on my last playtime wich was level 56, lv 30 health and 2 blue coral rings).

Posted

A lot of the classes can get HP on hit for some of their skills that make them self sustain really well. Warrior (pulverize + grave digging hp on hit addon) and Kunoichi (spin spree) are good examples of classes that can heal a huge chunk of their HP bar every 8-10 seconds. Berserker has some huge self heals on longer timers. Musa/Maehwa can indeed spam divider to get HP back, but it will def slow down your grind at high levels to do so. Honestly I haven't played a melee class yet that can't easily sustain their health bar in PVE. 

Witch/Wiz can heal 20% of their HP/MP every 10s, and they can channel a heal every 30s which returns 90% of their HP over 3 pulses (~3-4s channel). 

Posted

we (Zerkers) get a heal on our "spin to win", BTH end game it's useless in that it can't mitigate the incoming damage, and due to our large health pool, doesn't make a great deal of healing difference either.

Posted

zerk has a few big heals, & has heal on hit too. pre awakening its on the spin to win, & post awakening it's in a skill called blasting.

i can say with confidence that you will not need pots to grind with this class.

Posted

Extra detail on the Maehwa healing ability:
(Main Weapon) Ultimate nemesis slash heals on hit too, more targets more hp back (does have a longer CD).
(Awakening Weapon) The follow up skill from Moonrise > Flow: Cloud Stab heals 100 HP per hit (long CD + only does 4 hits)

If you make a add-on for the Divider skill with WP restore on hit its almost a free healing skill with doing dmg.

Posted

Warriors are quite versatile and can selfheal on their aoe spin, a solid class to start with when you are new and not sure what to play (not as steep learning curve as it is with Ninja).

Posted (edited)

Melee class with best heals? Kunoichi, using awakening.

I have played most classes to 56 and beyond (Berserker only 53, never tried Warrior or Wizard). Kunoichi with awakening is by far the most efficient at maintaining HP and WP (WP is used for your skills).

Pre-awakening you have Shadow Clone, but it doesn't heal for much. 

The skill that gives the most HP is Lethal Spin Spree, which heals 50 HP "per hit". The skill at 56 does 572% x12 hits per enemy. I use it on a large group of enemies and I get at least half my HP bar back (1000+). Its cooldown at L56 is 11 sec, and progressively shorter as you level up.

I also use an add-on that gives 6 WP per hit, which again gives a lot considering it's up to 12 hits per enemy. Your accuracy will affect how often you hit. I noticed when I got Bheg's Gloves (accuracy) my Tendon Cutter was doing a lot more damage (does 9 hits, then 6 hits). Because the extra hits were landing and not being evaded.

So on a side note, it seems if you focus more on accuracy gear than AP (namely in choice of secondary weapon), you will land more skill hits, although less damage by sacrificing AP. The advantage being you gain more from skills that leach HP/WP per hit.

Edited by Orion Xavier
1 person likes this

Posted

I found my kuno during pre-awakening wasn't the best for self-healing, if comparing to witch/wizard, but you can use HP recovery add-on on Ankle Cutter or Shadow Slash. Once you hit your awakening though it gets real easy. You get Lethal Spin Spree, which gives you 50 HP recovery per hit (x 12 hits). With that if you have problems with WP or don't wanna use Brace too much, you can have an add-on that recovers your WP on that skill as well.

I tried Sorc, Tamer, Maehwa, DK, but none seemed as easy to sustain HP/WP as my kuno did, even pre-awakening. 

The downside many people feel regarding kuno is that they lack power, but the fact that you can sustain yourself easily is heavenly and you also get a buch of aoes upon awakening (not so much before).