• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Idea for Market Bidding Fix.

Market Place Fail Stack   20 votes

1. 1. Do you like the idea?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 posts in this topic

Posted

So after months of bidding on specific items and loosing 100% of the time I began to think to myself, "How can we fix this punishing RNG system that doesn't reward dedicated players?" My answer, the same solution that enchanting uses, fail stacks. Now, I'm not saying there is a 100% fix, and bots are always going to be a huge problem, but I think this can work.

The way it could work is that items with a given rarity or high demand, should have a bidding fail stack associated with them for a player's family. Each time a player looses a bid, their fail stack goes up, slightly increasing their odds of winning a future bid for that item. Just like enchanting, fail stacks for bidding will zero out with a successful win, regardless of purchase.

So all this is great, but how do we stop whales who buy to buy and bots who never stop buying? Simple, a fail stack cool down or lockout could be implemented. For example, a Liverto weapon could have a week long cool down. On the flip side, Pearl items could support a cool down that simply locks a player out once they've won a bid on that specific item.

In the end, a system like this would reward the people who play the game and put in the time to watch the markets for the items they want. Most of us just want that one item to enchant or a single costume to make a character. This would go a long way to help make the market place fun again as a lost bid isn't a loss of time.

2 people like this

Posted

Abusable.

People list tons of cheap shit items (weeds, ores, whatever) and people spam bid on them. Bam, failstacks. They don't even have to buy them.

Posted

Good point Leuphe, but as I mentioned, to avoid this fail stacks would build by item not by entire market bids. So bidding on a Liverto Blade will increase the fail stack for Liverto Blade, but not for another item.

Posted (edited)

Problem is then that bots get far too much of an advantage on high value items - a cooldown won't help as much because they will build the failstacks faster then a normal player.

Ex: Person A and Bot B.

They both bid on a +0 dandy scythe. 1 failstack for both.

1 week passes for a cooldown...

A new dandy scythe is posted! But at 2 am, when person A is asleep... Bot B bids on it easily. +1 failstack for bot B.

No new scythe is posted for a few more days, as per usual for dandelions. Bot B's cooldown is going away but Person A hasn't caught up on failstacks.

Person A gets 1 failstack per 2 weeks vs Bot B's 1 per week. Person C, who can't no life in front of his computer, only gets 1 failstack per 3 weeks.

Massive imbalance.

Edited by Leuphe
1 person likes this

Posted

True, that is why some items can have lockouts all together. In that way, a bot may benefit one time. But once it buys the item, the lockout takes effect and they become disadvantaged against normal players. Consider it a market sacrifice. We can't stop them, but we can punish them by making it much much harder to repurchase a high value item. This could apply to items that players really only need 1 of.

Posted

First in first sale... set all item values to a given price. If you put a item up and four people have one in front of you. Then theirs sell first then yours... non of this post at min price bullshit that is bugged to hell. Have a tet liverto shortsword that i have been trying to sell for three mths. Cant at any point of the day or week drop the price lower than the original price i first ever listed it at. stuck on 667m min price.. every day someone new with one to sell at 657m or less.

Posted

While I agree that the bidding system is extremely frustrating, fail stacks are too easily abused. Even if you lock an account out of purchasing all costumes for a week, bots would get the item first. 

What would be nice is if we had something similar to a preorder, where the game automatically tries to roll on bids for that ONE item you really want. So long as your account is online, you will come back to that item in your inventory - even if it's pearl items. At least this way we can alleviate the hours upon hours spent staring at the marketplace UI. 

If someone wins their item, they are locked out of the system for a week.

Everyone has to choose ONE item so hopefully this will alleviate the competition of everyone bidding all at once for that one pet that popped up - no matter which pet it is.

Posted (edited)

Overall the best solution would be open the market, free the pricess and allow player to player trade. Just stop this communistt model of economy that cause this issues and let the silver decide who deserve for demanded item.

But if  we must sit in this sick system, this failstack seems like solution.

Abusable.

People list tons of cheap shit items (weeds, ores, whatever) and people spam bid on them. Bam, failstacks. They don't even have to buy them.

No if failstack would be counted with the check process.

Edited by Hekki

Posted (edited)

I feel like you'd just end up with post after post of, " I have 400+ failstacks and still can't buy X pearl or boss item." Then tons of tickets thinking it's bugged. Even if you managed that many failstacks, there's still hundreds of other people always bidding on those pearl items and they will all gain the failstacks too. So at the end of the day, you've got 400 odd people bidding on a pearl item, all with 400 failstacks and the end result is no different than if said system wasn't implemented. Then as people are saying, the abuse factor. I'd honestly just prefer there was no bidding system and no announcement. Just a random queue wait time and thus if someone really wants to camp the market all day for one item, they are possibly rewarded for choosing to spend their time that way, giving up time where they could be actively playing and progressing with certainty elsewhere. Or/also implement some sort of guild trading system where you can trade (not for silver) with loyal active members, with 1/2/3 months of guild loyalty. I imagine that might also help with people playing mercenaries for other guilds in node wars or going guildless to karma bomb. Or a type of marriage or mentor like system where you can select one person to trade with for the duration of the game, no swapping.

Edited by Kaythulu

Posted

Think it's hard to create coding that supports failstacks for every item that can be listed on the marketplace. On top of that, the system would have to keep track of thousands of items failstack level for every unique player. It's so much information.

The system would have to be simpler and way more limited. You shouldn't be able to increase your % bid chance success on a weapon by spamming bid on potatoes lol.

Maybe a mechanic that let's players place a 1% success bid chance on one item and only on certain items, but with a daily limit. You would basically have to choose what item to boost or increase your chance with. Once your family names reaches 15-20% or so success bid chance on the item you want, it's capped. Same way normal failstacking caps out.

Because face it, Kakao would never allow a system without rng that 100% quarantines someone an item. That's not how this games works.

Posted

Good point Leuphe, but as I mentioned, to avoid this fail stacks would build by item not by entire market bids. So bidding on a Liverto Blade will increase the fail stack for Liverto Blade, but not for another item.

why not only add failstacks on 1 item at a time (pearls items only), so if you bid on another pearl item, then you lose the other failstacks. 

Posted

The system would have to be simpler and way more limited. You shouldn't be able to increase your % bid chance success on a weapon by spamming bid on potatoes lol.

Why you should be able to increase your % bid chance success on a weapon by spamming bid on potatoes? You would end up by buy potatoes and burn all failstacks.

Posted

Bad idea. Would buff bots/scripts even more (they can bid much more than you), and punish new players, not giving them the same chance as everyone else.

The best way is really when everyone has the same chance for every bid.

Posted

I think this might work when the failstacks are category-specific, i.e. pearl item-failstacks.

Posted

No, they just need to ban the market bots/scripts. Solves a huge problem but it would probably kill a chunk of the community too.

Posted

~~There is still third party software for the market. 

It may be RNG, but not really for them. +No matter what you do to the market, high demand is high demand.

Posted

There is no really way to fix it without angering someone.

Personaly i would love to have hidden bid system where players can bid what ever amount they want for item and highest bid wins it. Only problem could be that players could sell silver then to other players but then again if the market takes the extra silver from costs its not really effective way of selling silver ^^ But could become problem

Posted

Posted

Just add a queue system, you join the queue and you see how many are before you, eventually you will be first in line and you'll get the item.

Posted (edited)

Yeah people with marketplace bots would abuse this horribly. Those bots would be always bidding 24/7 while everyone else would be sleeping, working, not playing or at school. These bots would be there getting bigger stacks and eventually getting what they want.

Edited by Dalenos

Posted

Good points on both sides. A lot to think about here. Perhaps an alternate market option. I remember my favorite MMO shopping system was good old UO. BDO has houses, yet it has very few reasons to socially use them. It could be fun to set up a player vendor system, taxed based on city of course (we don't want to mess with the node system). I know the devs seem to like locking prices to control the market. Regardless, you could wreak havoc on bot abuse by forcing players to shop around, rather then having everything pop up in one easy to exploit location.

I started this thread with a single idea, but you all have good points and it has me thinking, so keep the ideas coming. This is all hypothetical, but perhaps a gem will come of it and if we are really lucky, the devs will be watching.