• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

NAVAL WAR!!! SERVER WIDE EVENT!!!

100 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I got a few (sadly not enough as I was driving) too

http://imgur.com/a/l2t0y

fgwv.gif

Sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun. Well, the kind of fun where you need a good clean up crew to scavenge all the wrecks and bodies, the best kind of fun!

@CM_Aethon, this is the kind of event that would make a fun and easy server-wide event once a month. Hint, hint, cough cough.

Edited by Aphrael
2 people like this

Posted

I got a few (sadly not enough as I was driving) too

http://imgur.com/a/l2t0y

@CM_Aethon, this is the kind of event that would make a fun and easy server-wide event once a month. Hint, hint, cough cough.

It did look like a lot of fun, I was only able to cruise by for the last few minutes of the event (in super awesome sneaky GM mode). Please feel free to contact me in the future about these things, if at all possible give us a few days advanced notice and we'll see what we can do.

11 people like this

Posted

It's not over yet!

Posted

It did look like a lot of fun, I was only able to cruise by for the last few minutes of the event (in super awesome sneaky GM mode). Please feel free to contact me in the future about these things, if at all possible give us a few days advanced notice and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks! I'm happy to bug the snot out of you guys if someone else plans something and lets me know :) (For the other guilds involved, if you guys need someone to pitch events to the CMs/GMs, I'm yer girl!)

Posted

Definitely awesome event!!

Posted

Ok, Ahoy is turning in now. Thanks to everyone who participated!

Posted

Was way too much fun! Better turnout than we'd even expected... stoked to hopefully do this again in the future! You were all pirate hookers tonight :D <3

Posted

Lots of fun! Salutations from Chaotic! c:

Posted (edited)

Couldn't have asked for anything more. The turnout was absolutely insane. A big thanks to everyone who put aside their grinding to have a bit of fun

- GM of Ahoy

@CM_Aethon

There was an exploit that we encountered some people utilizing. If a galley is piloted by a player under lvl 50, and the gunners are above lvl 50, then that galley can do as much damage as they want without taking any damage

Edited by Sfer
6 people like this

Posted

Couldn't have asked for anything more. The turnout was absolutely insane. A big thanks to everyone who put aside their grinding to have a bit of fun

- GM of Ahoy

@CM_Aethon

There was an exploit that we encountered some people utilizing. If a galley is piloted by a player under lvl 50, and the gunners are above lvl 50, then that galley can do as much damage as they want without taking any damage

Confirmed, we saw this, too.

Posted

Was way too much fun! Better turnout than we'd even expected... stoked to hopefully do this again in the future! You were all pirate hookers tonight :D <3

Love being a pirate hooker!

2 people like this

Posted

Witch Naval wins.
Nerf witch Naval?

h5hzlvM.jpg

Posted (edited)

Confirmed, we saw this, too.

- GM of Ahoy

@CM_Aethon

I Will take 5 guesses on what guild was doing it and I bet i nail it in one of first 2 guesses.

Edited by Visnja

Posted

What a shame that people feel the need to exploit at an event that has no impact or reward, and that has nothing to be gained from it:/

2 people like this

Posted

What a shame that people feel the need to exploit at an event that has no impact or reward, and that has nothing to be gained from it:/

Basically this, like why even bother going at that point lol. Completely defeats the purpose

It's all fun, no hard feelings on anyone in the event. so no need to cheat, or obviously continuing to cheat

But at the end, I didn't really see any salt, which was good! us (Ahoy) and Equilibrium were going at each other for a while, lots of good fights O: 

Posted

Could we get seas as territories at some point? lol (I'm joking, maybe)

This was a blast - and that is not a pun. Tarrasque enjoyed the fray and would love to do this again. 
Make this a monthly thing to wrap up the end of each month! ♥

Posted

Man damn, I missed it. Can this be a monthly thing? Can we make this happen as a community?

Posted

Man damn, I missed it. Can this be a monthly thing? Can we make this happen as a community?

Monthly might be pushing it. For those without a lot of reach (like us at <Ahoy>), it was a hassle gaining traction and securing turnout from other guilds. I can't really speak for <Legatum> who was also organizing the event.

It would be a lot better if Kakao became the catalyst for this event and used their significant influence and robust social platforms to ensure significant turnout.

Posted

I disagree. I think this should remain a player made, and player ran event. I think Kakao or any other than a player would ultimately damage what made the night the best. The sheer chaotic fun of it. No rules, no real winning or losing, just blow stuff up and have fun.

I know Sfer put in alot of work to make this a reality, and as big as it was. Maybe try to give it some more planning (now that the stigma of it is gone, maybe we can plan an event a month or so out with multiple guilds), so there is no real rush to guilds, players who have the option of requesting time off can do so, CMs/GMs can find out/do what they can to help us out.
I think we need to compile the screenshots, and videos. See if we can get a sticky for it, Im sure something like that will help for traction on the time.

Posted

THAT is the kind of leadership that I love to see in MMO's. Good job CM_Aethon.

Posted (edited)

I disagree. I think this should remain a player made, and player ran event. I think Kakao or any other than a player would ultimately damage what made the night the best. The sheer chaotic fun of it. No rules, no real winning or losing, just blow stuff up and have fun.

I know Sfer put in alot of work to make this a reality, and as big as it was. Maybe try to give it some more planning (now that the stigma of it is gone, maybe we can plan an event a month or so out with multiple guilds), so there is no real rush to guilds, players who have the option of requesting time off can do so, CMs/GMs can find out/do what they can to help us out.
I think we need to compile the screenshots, and videos. See if we can get a sticky for it, Im sure something like that will help for traction on the time.

Well, I'm not entirely against the Devs providing an incentive of some kind for participating in such an event. I don't think that would necessitate a win condition, however. I don't think they'd establish "rules". I don't even know how they would construct them in the current system, tbh.

But anyway, I only prefer Dev intervention because it would increase turnout. To me, that's all that matters. The feel good feeling of a community coming together and creating something for themselves is great and all... but at the end of the day, as a guild master, it's the content that my members' experience that matters.

Edited by Sfer

Posted (edited)

@CM_Aethon @CM_Tytyes 

Is there any possible way that you could withdraw the max decc limit rule for Wednesday on velia 1?
I realize this is a pretty bold request

Tytyes quit like half a year ago .-. 

Edited by aidlac

Posted

- GM of Ahoy

@CM_Aethon

I'll pass it along to our bug smashers and see if they can re-produce it. Thank you for the heads up as that sounds like a pretty weird bug!