• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Alt question

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi after playing bdo for 3months I am looking for an alt.

I am quite happy with my main - witch - but looking for something with different playstyle - ie mainly toon high in and out of combat mobility - including skills usable on move (simply the opposite of witch play-style)

Other things I would like to see is lot of aoe & some iFrames/tankiness.

Thanx in advance :)

Posted

I don't know about all of those things combined. 

Musa/Maewha are very mobile and I know Musa has good AoE.

Ninja/Kuno are very mobile, but I'm not sure how good their AoE is, at least pre-awakening.

Sorc or DK are more close range. I really like the sorc.

It all depends on whether you want to PvP or not with that character I think.

Posted (edited)

Musa's chase is good, but they suck compared to witch.

I main witch and I hate ranger, but honestly rangers are still fast and scary. 

~~ All classes do have mobility now with awakenings though.

**EDIT - I thought you were just looking for a fast alt. If you want true god mode role a giant (I also hate playing them)

Edited by Thinker

Posted

**EDIT - I thought you were just looking for a fast alt. If you want true god mode role a giant (I also hate playing them)

Not really looking for god mode :)

Just want toon with as different playstyle as possible - ie:

- high incombat mobility - especially possibility to move while executing skills (witch is rooted all the time)

- iFrames (instead of superarmor/frontal block witch uses)

- some AoE will be nice (do not want to grind with single target skills)

Posted

- high incombat mobility - especially possibility to move while executing skills (witch is rooted all the time)

kinda sounds like sorc tbh, very mobile iframe class with okay aoe coverage. 

Posted

From my experience Maehwa could be what you're looking for, if you're willing to let go the tank idea. With it you need to be in motion all the time not to get hit and attack around the enemy groups instead of being in the middle. You also have several skills for multiple targets (Red Moon, Decapitation) that can be used frequently, although it gets repetitive.

Posted

kinda sounds like sorc tbh, very mobile iframe class with okay aoe coverage. 

I immediately thought Sorc as well.

Posted

I'd say try Kunoichi. Lots of mobility, with great animations. Quite a bit of AoE. A lot, in fact. Not so tanky, but since you're always moving, you don't get hit much.

Posted

Dark Knight

I just got my DK to 55 for the rewards and found it really fun and engaging

Switched to Witch to try it out and I know what you mean about her being rooted, it's actually quite boring after playing DK

Sorc has similar style to DK also

Posted (edited)

Dark Knight

This was my first idea - but it is quite tough to judge class without awakening...

However even though it is more mobile then Witch pre-awkwning it is not really what I am looking for as hardest hitting skills are rooting you momentarily (Wheel of Fortune) or are even channeled while rooted (Kamasylvia Slash). Maybe I was doing something wrong? (I have tried DK only to lev 50) - but again -  without AW it is very hard to judge a class.

Edited by Ryouzanpaku

Posted

This was my first idea - but it is quite tough to judge class without awakening...

However even though it is more mobile then Witch pre-awkwning it is not really what I am looking for as hardest hitting skills are rooting you momentarily (Wheel of Fortune) or are even channeled while rooted (Kamasylvia Slash). Maybe I was doing something wrong? (I have tried DK only to lev 50) - but again -  without AW it is very hard to judge a class.

Well..

I currently have a DK up to 56 and although wheel and Kamasylvia root you for a short period you only really use them on enemies already cc'd so its not too bad.

I also have a 58 Maehwa and a 58 Kuno. Both are fast and agile but neither of them could be described as tanky. I would guess that Kuno would suit you a little more than mae as the Kuno aoe's once you get awakening are far better than the Maehwa's in my opinion. Kuno are 360 where Mae are more conal in front of you. Kuno also has decent PvE survivability because the heal on on of your main aoe skills is amazing. (600 hp every 10 secs iirc).

Posted

Funny thing happened to me ... several times in last days.

I have spent some time processing next to the AH while working or watching movies on another screen.... and when some of mine 100 notifications pop up I mostly try to bid (if I notice it in time) ...

Under normal circumstances I do not win anything but some hamster on BDO servers got crazy and in short period of time I have won bid on Zerker Gotha Rensa... +10 Nouver Knot,,, II Kzarka Axe....

So guess what will be my alt? :)

Thanx for all the tips though :)

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0