• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Questions - beer production/trading/workers

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello guys!

I've got few questions about making beer, etc.

1. I've got my farms around Velia with human workers, should i move to a different city? Let's say - Heidel? Or there's no difference at all? I would like to craft beer afk.

2. If i'm contracting workers at Velia, i can use it later in different city?

3. Workers gathering potato will be enough for making Beer? Saw somewhere that wheat is also needed? But not sure since players in game said something different when I've asked them on channel.

4. I'm afking alot - i like this game, but got familiy/work so i can't play more like 3/4hrs a day, so i'm fishing afk in Keplan (selling fishes at Glish - imperial fishing) and wanted get some more income from beer crafting. My question is - where should i start to make that potato "empire" to make that afk craft efficient?

5. Didn't started to craft yet, but i assume it will need additional worker/workshop to do it - where do the crafted things lands? It will be placed in storage like gathered potato?

6. Beer has to be placed in storage to make workers replenish their energy automatically ? Or it can't be done AFK and i have to do it manually ?

I guess that's all for now.

Thank you in advance for replies! Have a great day!

Posted

Hello guys!

I've got few questions about making beer, etc.

1. I've got my farms around Velia with human workers, should i move to a different city? Let's say - Heidel? Or there's no difference at all? I would like to craft beer afk.

For cooking just beer there is no reason to leave Velia. Heidel though is more central with more storage available to purchase which makes it more convenient overall for a multitude of purposes.

2. If i'm contracting workers at Velia, i can use it later in different city?

You can send then work to any connected to Velia city/node but they will take more time to complete a task the further away a task is.

3. Workers gathering potato will be enough for making Beer? Saw somewhere that wheat is also needed? But not sure since players in game said something different when I've asked them on channel.

Beer recipe is Grain x5, Mineral Water x6, Leavening agent x2, sugar x1. So you need any kind of white quality grain x5 or blue quality x1 or green quality x2. The rest ingredients you can buy from an NPC.  Grains are wheat, barley, corn, potato, sweet potato

4. I'm afking alot - i like this game, but got familiy/work so i can't play more like 3/4hrs a day, so i'm fishing afk in Keplan (selling fishes at Glish - imperial fishing) and wanted get some more income from beer crafting. My question is - where should i start to make that potato "empire" to make that afk craft efficient?

Velia has the best grain nodes, next is Heidel and last is Calpheon when it comes to CP cost. Just keep in mind that those workers won't be enough to make any  kind of empire. To go hardcore on beer crafting you need fences to mass produce grains of blue quality. But fences require a huge CP investment and imo is not worth it. But it's just my opinion.

5. Didn't started to craft yet, but i assume it will need additional worker/workshop to do it - where do the crafted things lands? It will be placed in storage like gathered potato?

What you craft goes to your inventory. What your workers craft goes into the warehouse of the city they are registered in.

6. Beer has to be placed in storage to make workers replenish their energy automatically ? Or it can't be done AFK and i have to do it manually ?

You have to do it manually and you need beer in your inventory to do it. Just right click on the beer in your inv to open the workers interface. It is known that some players keep this interface open and just auto-click with a  3rd program to replenish automatically while afk. This is against the TOS of course and gives quite an advantage since you can use goblin workers speed and make them last like giant workers.

I guess that's all for now.

Thank you in advance for replies! Have a great day!

1 person likes this

Posted

1. No real need to move. Once you obtain more contribution points you can just expand to other cities as well.

2. Velia is one of the best places in the game for basic material nodes so although you cant move workers between cities having plenty of workers in Velia is always good.

3. The more grain nodes the better id say. 3 potato and 2 corn nodes close to Velia, 2 wheat nodes outside Heidel and 1 wheat + 1 barley node at Northern wheat plantation is the nodes I currently have.

4. Beer crafting isnt that profitable in itself but there are many different trade goods you can craft with materials collected by workers and if you are gonna have lots of workers you will need lots of beer to sustain them. As mentioned in point 3, Velia has 5 grain nodes so starting from scratch I would suggest that starting location.

5. Crafted items ends up in the wharehouse in the city the worker crafting it is located. Example: Worker located in Velia walks all the way to your mineral workbench in Calpheon and crafts 1 bronze ingot. That bronze ingot will end up in Velia wharehouse.

6. Beer has to be in your inventory for you to be able to replenish your workers stamina and it has to be done manually. In case that you are far away with your main you can always log an alt close to your beer storage and feed the workers that way.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you guys!

@Korvubben

Let's say i will end up with all nodes you have - what are you selling/crafting to get any profit from these? Ofc i'll understand if you don't want to share it.

Thanks

Posted

I have 20 workers, and just use the potatoes to make beer, and always have plenty, my wheat I use to make omelettes, but I will add I don't really do AFK much, maybe at the weekend or evening when I'm around, I don't do over night or extended afk.

Posted

Just to add something in point 2 regarding workers:

you can use your workers everywhere (under some conditions), but the worker is perma-linked to the town, so he will go and come back for every gathering (waste of time the farther he is from the original town) and will deposit stuff in original city warehouse.

So basically no, you cannot move workers and, generally speaking, it is not worth using them far from their "hometown", unless they have very good and situational skills.

You can anyway sell them for silvers.

Posted

Thank you guys!

@Korvubben

Let's say i will end up with all nodes you have - what are you selling/crafting to get any profit from these? Ofc i'll understand if you don't want to share it.

Thanks

Tbh I dont rly know what profit I make because I just stash all beer in my wharehouse ^^

I have around 170k of them if I remember correctly.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0