• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Elion's tears used in PvP situations

26 posts in this topic

Posted

So for the last two weekends, I decided to try to get to lvl 60 starting at 59.28. After seeing some things I have never seen before like 5 man groups doing any route that was open, even one's meant for solo's. In four days at Pirates, I was karma bombed a total of 17 times. Now before I get some responses I would like to explain this. A majority of the people that came over asked to duel for the spot, lost, and left so I did not include those people in that number. There were a few people that lost the duel, then proceeded to farming the spot anyway. Then there were people who would just come over and start farming the spot without bothering to look to see if someone was there first. After out farming them for 10 minutes or so, I would just say enough is enough and proceed to kill them. This is where I am saying where people would karma bomb. After killing them, they would then use tears to resurrect themselves and attack me again forcing me to kill them again. They would repeat this over and over till I would go negative. You might say "good, they're using money to res themselves" but they weren't since they were all given free Elion's by our wonderful dev's. In my opinion, this should fall under harassment since I can't camp a respawn point and keep killing someone over and over so why is this not? And before someone goes "why not just party with them" I did that on numerous occasions but I was still karma bombed that many times. My last wonderful encounter on pirates will leave a sour taste in my mouth. A guildless Kuno comes to the side mountain rotation, says nothing and tries to out farm me. After doing this for 15 minutes, I flag, kill them, they use a tear and I have to kill them again. Since I didn't want to go negative, I just ran till my flag went away but still killing mobs. After that, the kuno kept trying to out farm me for another 10 minutes. I guess they got sick of losing the race they flagged, died, teared, died, teared, died, teared, died, teared. I had it at this point and just left. Needless to say I didn't finish my mission of hitting 60 last night there because of this. I just have to say the lack of respect or common decency of some players is extremely disheartening. I ended up going to Bashims and people actually weren't trash lords like at pirates respecting spots. But I'm more suprised that TERRITORY owners are some of the ones practicing this form of karma bombing.......

7 people like this

Posted

current pvp system in flawed, if you dont have a 5 stack to share the karma loss around then i wouldn't go to pirates without being willing to go red atm

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I run into a lot of players like this at Gahaz as well. The most annoying thing is that they'll leave other rotations open and won't even try to change channels. They just decide that they want what you have period the end and even if you go red they're just going to waste all the time you have if you decide to stay. At first I would stick around and try to teach them a "lesson" by not leaving, but I've gotten to the point where I'll just go to another rotation or change channels. These people constantly wasting my time is "winning" for them, just as much as me giving up my spot too easily and rewarding their selfish and antisocial behavior. The difference is that I make more progress if I just leave. I've got a hit list going of the nastiest people I've run into. Once my gear is situated at a reasonable level and I'm ready to go full negative karma, I will find and torment these people endlessly and just make it my hobby for a while. 

Bashims is indeed great for XP (I'd say nearly equal with Pirates and better than Gahaz), it's just that the money income is probably 60% of what you could make at the other camps. However like you said, people who farm there tend to be more friendly relaxed people who will check the other rotations or change channels. 

Edited by Kutsuu
3 people like this

Posted

inb4

"you bought this spot?"

"karma bombing doesn't exist"

"just outfarm them"

3 people like this

Posted

Imagine Pirate Island but EVERYWHERE, that's how it was like on the Olvia channel when I returned LOL. Still, sorry that happened to you man. I enjoy pvp, I enjoy pking, but karma bombing is just too low. I really wish they would increase our positive karma cap to match the negative. 

Posted

I really wish they would increase our positive karma cap to match the negative. 

Or implement the Karma 2.0 system that they abandoned with the bloody and fued buffs. Not to mention make Valencia mobs give the same amount of karma as other areas. 

1 person likes this

Posted

That's the one thing that gets me personally, the fact that I can't really grind karma out in the desert even though the desert is where you want to be a bandit, i.e. go red. Instead I go all the way to the old zones, manshas, treants, etc. 

Posted

That's the one thing that gets me personally, the fact that I can't really grind karma out in the desert even though the desert is where you want to be a bandit, i.e. go red. Instead I go all the way to the old zones, manshas, treants, etc. 

It's a major issue for me at Gahaz with all the people contesting spots. It takes 30-40 mins to grind 1 kill worth of Karma there, compared to ~10 minutes at non-valencia spots. 

Posted

It's a major issue for me at Gahaz with all the people contesting spots. It takes 30-40 mins to grind 1 kill worth of Karma there, compared to ~10 minutes at non-valencia spots. 

I 100% agree with this. I left Bandits to do pirates for this very reason. I did the first 28% at bandits just like I did my entire grind to 59 at bandits. Ever since someone posted on Reddit about how bandits was comparable to pirates money and exp wise, it became a nightmare. I'm ranked in the top 5 for RBF normally as a Maehwa. I don't know if it's people auto assume I'm a pushover or what but it gets annoying.

The last day I grinded bandits it went like this: karma bombed with tears, grind my karma back on a different channel, find open main spot channel, karma bombed with tears again, grind karma back, go to nouver where someone flags on me while I'm waiting to switch with the purpose of killing me since they kept running away and re-engaging till they died twice using tears to res each time, back to open bandits main to be karma bombed with tears again. I actually have the conversation with the last person with their reasoning. They said since I flagged on them, I was karma bombing them? Then told me to join a guild so they can dec (was guildless at the time). Said I drop guild on Sundays to do nodewars and to karma bomb other people (sorry, I don't get killed on purpose to drop karma) even though this person never killed me. With 1k karma left, I go to the node manager to talk to people in discord, person finally flags and dies again. At this point I'm out of pots, go back to town and they want me to come back so they can PvP some more but also wants me to join a guild so they can dec.... This person was from LoTD.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I 100% agree with this. I left Bandits to do pirates for this very reason. I did the first 28% at bandits just like I did my entire grind to 59 at bandits. Ever since someone posted on Reddit about how bandits was comparable to pirates money and exp wise, it became a nightmare. I'm ranked in the top 5 for RBF normally as a Maehwa. I don't know if it's people auto assume I'm a pushover or what but it gets annoying.

The last day I grinded bandits it went like this: karma bombed with tears, grind my karma back on a different channel, find open main spot channel, karma bombed with tears again, grind karma back, go to nouver where someone flags on me while I'm waiting to switch with the purpose of killing me since they kept running away and re-engaging till they died twice using tears to res each time, back to open bandits main to be karma bombed with tears again. I actually have the conversation with the last person with their reasoning. They said since I flagged on them, I was karma bombing them? Then told me to join a guild so they can dec (was guildless at the time). Said I drop guild on Sundays to do nodewars and to karma bomb other people (sorry, I don't get killed on purpose to drop karma) even though this person never killed me. With 1k karma left, I go to the node manager to talk to people in discord, person finally flags and dies again. At this point I'm out of pots, go back to town and they want me to come back so they can PvP some more but also wants me to join a guild so they can dec.... This person was from LoTD.

Same thing happens to me on Kuno. They see what class I am and think easy pickings. Even if they outgear me significantly I can Z/E buff and 1-combo them from stealth. When I'm at Gahaz on Wiz people usually leave me alone lol. 

Edited by Kutsuu

Posted

Remove tears from loyalty and make them 200 pearls each, so these karmabombers actually have to pay for beiing an asshole :) 

Posted

I actually decided today to email support to see what their stance is on this. Here's to them getting back to me in 2 months.

Posted

I actually decided today to email support to see what their stance is on this. Here's to them getting back to me in 2 months.

Idk what your complaint with support is, but every time I've had to deal with them it has been fast and thorough. I was surprised to get responses even on saturday/sunday nights. 

Posted

Idk what your complaint with support is, but every time I've had to deal with them it has been fast and thorough. I was surprised to get responses even on saturday/sunday nights. 

I have open tickets starting from 21 days ago.

21 Days Ago - Imperial didn't reset for multiple days, wanted them to look into it.

13 Days Ago - Missing Lauren Boxes for DK event (don't really care about)

5 Days Ago - Bought the 10k pearl box but ended up with the 1k pearl box in inventory, want them to refund that so I can get the 10k box

Posted

I miss the old DaoC days, or even things like Shadowbane. Nobody cried and whined about being bullied, they simply fell into the categories of good or bad at the game.

The problem with BDO is that you have to bow and break to karma bombers as there are no other factions. No matter what occurs whomever goes red first due to karma is the loser. 

BDO is almost a filler right now for more serious PvP minded players. Who will instead gravitate towards the next DAoC or similar where you can pvp openly, take farm spots, areas and the like and be brutal but not suffer these terrible damning consequences like you do in BDO when going red.

Posted

I miss the old DaoC days, or even things like Shadowbane. Nobody cried and whined about being bullied, they simply fell into the categories of good or bad at the game.

The problem with BDO is that you have to bow and break to karma bombers as there are no other factions. No matter what occurs whomever goes red first due to karma is the loser. 

BDO is almost a filler right now for more serious PvP minded players. Who will instead gravitate towards the next DAoC or similar where you can pvp openly, take farm spots, areas and the like and be brutal but not suffer these terrible damning consequences like you do in BDO when going red.

I can only assume you played DAoC on Mordred server, because on all of the other servers were the vast majority of the population played it was only in the frontiers, and moreso only enemy realms, that you could pvp openly against. In the safe zones of your own realm there was absolutely zero way to PVP someone out of a camp spot. 

It might be cool if BDO had a "hardcore" PVP server for people who want a completely lawless world, but it would probably shrivel and die like Mordred did because the few nasty people would run everyone else off. 

Posted

I can only assume you played DAoC on Mordred server, because on all of the other servers were the vast majority of the population played it was only in the frontiers, and moreso only enemy realms, that you could pvp openly against. In the safe zones of your own realm there was absolutely zero way to PVP someone out of a camp spot. 

It might be cool if BDO had a "hardcore" PVP server for people who want a completely lawless world, but it would probably shrivel and die like Mordred did because the few nasty people would run everyone else off. 

I did have a Mordred toon but no I mainly played on a "normal" server. The Frontiers, Relic Keep areas and other places were some of the TOP areas to farm and even level. Especially if you were in need of materials for crafting the best gear. Which again was key to winning consistently. 

Posted

I did have a Mordred toon but no I mainly played on a "normal" server. The Frontiers, Relic Keep areas and other places were some of the TOP areas to farm and even level. Especially if you were in need of materials for crafting the best gear. Which again was key to winning consistently. 

I suppose that may have been true at some point in the game's history. Most of the best farming throughout the game's life was done in expansion zones such as Atlantis zones or shrouded isles, catacombs, etc. I did personally level my characters mostly in battlegrounds for the chance of pvp though. 

Posted

They actually answered the ticket about the Elion's and none of the others smh. Karma bombing using tears is not considered the same as camping a respawn point to kill a person over and over..... Both are attempts at greifing someone ruining their gaming experience but only the one where the stronger person is the bully of the situation is bannable. So gg to them never doing shit about karma greifing

Posted

They actually answered the ticket about the Elion's and none of the others smh. Karma bombing using tears is not considered the same as camping a respawn point to kill a person over and over..... Both are attempts at greifing someone ruining their gaming experience but only the one where the stronger person is the bully of the situation is bannable. So gg to them never doing shit about karma greifing

Surprise Surprise, but Spawn Camping is not against the Rules since you simply can select multiple Spawn-points.

Posted

They do ban for spawn camping though

Posted

They do ban for spawn camping though

They?

Or just one particular GM?

Posted

Eu gm in general.

Posted

This will all change once we get the karma update... After the initial kill we will have 10 minutes to shit on individual people without gaining further karma.

Posted (edited)

Surprise Surprise, but Spawn Camping is not against the Rules since you simply can select multiple Spawn-points.

I made a thread about this prior to your post????? http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/136570-respawn-killing-not-considered-griefing/

Also don't know why you always pop up in threads related to karma? 

Edited by TeRRoRibleOne

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0