• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

NINJA Gear question

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys,

Bit confused in what gear to use for my ninja, I've been told to wear grunil mixed with heve, and blue or red coral ring, earrings. Or MoS ring.

But what I wanna know is what is thebest gear to use, and explanation on why that piece of gear.( gear i see have mostly the same stats).

Also should I grindhere or helms? 

Posted

Hey guys,

Bit confused in what gear to use for my ninja, I've been told to wear grunil mixed with heve, and blue or red coral ring, earrings. Or MoS ring.

But what I wanna know is what is thebest gear to use, and explanation on why that piece of gear.( gear i see have mostly the same stats).

Also should I grindhere or helms? 

Yeah, you essentially want any equips that can give you health and accuracy (At least until you get Bheg's Gloves). So go with Red Coral Earrings and MoS rings.

Posted

You get +5 AP from the Grunil helmet and gloves, and +150 health from the armor and boots. Heve armor and boots gives you +250 health. But you get another +2 AP for the full Grunil set, so mixing the sets gives you 2 less AP for 100 more health. If you feel squishy, then the mix is a good option. If you're not always close to dying, then go for the extra attack power.

Press 'P', and look at the lines in the middle, on the left. You want Attack Speed and Critical Hit Chance to read '5'. Play with your gear and crystals until they do. For farming drops, you want Luck at 5, Movement helps as well, to get from cluster to cluster . I'm playing with Casting Speed since we have so many AoE spells, but I can't decide yet. 5 seems to give quite a boost over 4, though, so be sure Attack and Crit are maxed....

For PvP, you'll want to worry about the Resistances, as well, but there's only so many crystals you can wear.

HTH....

Posted

Wow thank you so much guys!!. Big thumbs up!!!

Posted

Heves is most beneficial till you get more boss armor. But. Grunils is awesome too. Really up to you. 

End answer is. Get that boss loot boo!

Posted

I like Heve because you get to keep the bonus until you get your third piece of boss gear. 

Posted

So I see some ninja's go crazy with accuracy even in their final gear. Like boss gear/weapons, with 2 red coral earrings at tet and tri, with a basi belt and ogre ring. And the boss armor/wep are tet, with a tet dande. Not to mention he's level 60. So would this be overkill in accuracy or no?

I'm 57 and feel like I already hit people of my level, and hit the mobs i grind on. I have 2 MoS, 2 Blue Corals, with a shultz set.. Only accuracy I have is from my yuria/player lvl. I also use full grunil. I was thinking of moving to either duo core set and keep blue corals or upgrade to witches. OR duo the shultz set and get 1/1 Red/Blue earrings. Basically keeping the same accuracy either way, the only thing I gain is like +/- 5 AP/DP. Being the Duo Core having the DP vs AP loss and Shultz having the AP and losing DP. But in either gear scenario I have the same accuracy from 1 Red earring or a core set. I just don't understand that people say stack accuracy... I mean at some point you're hitting diminishing returns and you have TOO much accuracy when you could have other stats to better you're character instead.

Posted

Accuracy is never over kill, especially if you plan to hunt in Valencia or do node war and red battlefield. 

I have tri bhegs, kzarka and 1 tri red at level 60 and still have issues applying damage on some people.

Posted

Accuracy is never over kill, especially if you plan to hunt in Valencia or do node war and red battlefield. 

I have tri bhegs, kzarka and 1 tri red at level 60 and still have issues applying damage on some people.

Do you have all the passives taken? I'm 57 and in Nodewars yea I miss people higher level then me... That's going to be a given. But people my own level in duels or fighting over spots for grinding. I definitely don't miss, not liek how you make it out to be. And thats without me having the gear I said I want to have yet. So idk man... Plus I've never really seen a ton of ninja's with PK vids or gear guides out there that have you seriously stack accuracy. I only brought up the question because I seen this ninja the other day in a video from the ninja part of the forums showcasing his video. And he has just overkill accuracy, apart from all the ninja's I've watched that have less, same level and still dumpster on people.... So I just think people overthink accuracy... for being resisted, or the opponents DP, evasion possibly... Like many factors probably going into missing, not just accuracy. And it also depends on what you "missed", was it a CC or a dmg hit.

Posted

Do you have all the passives taken? I'm 57 and in Nodewars yea I miss people higher level then me... That's going to be a given. But people my own level in duels or fighting over spots for grinding. I definitely don't miss, not liek how you make it out to be. And thats without me having the gear I said I want to have yet. So idk man... Plus I've never really seen a ton of ninja's with PK vids or gear guides out there that have you seriously stack accuracy. I only brought up the question because I seen this ninja the other day in a video from the ninja part of the forums showcasing his video. And he has just overkill accuracy, apart from all the ninja's I've watched that have less, same level and still dumpster on people.... So I just think people overthink accuracy... for being resisted, or the opponents DP, evasion possibly... Like many factors probably going into missing, not just accuracy. And it also depends on what you "missed", was it a CC or a dmg hit.

Your only level 57 so your experience is limited. We all started out underestimating accuracy until we added it and saw the difference in our ability to delete people. 

Most of the Ninja guides out there are dog shit and give bad information, I read a ninja guide the other day that wanted us to use the -----ing Kunai over the shuriken 

You don't see yourself missing but you are, you may not know what "missing" means. 

I think you can get away with 2 TRI red corals and go AP on the rest. 

I'm running  DUO red and a TRI good deeds neck right now and I don't struggle for accuracy right now. That will change when I move some accessories around. 

Posted

Just 2 red coral rings and a tree spirit belt + a kzarka with accuracy crystals in is just about enough accuracy to be really mean to people that skip evasion gear. Most people that are good will have evasion gear. Then you'll need a lot more accuracy than that. You can never get enough accuracy.

Posted

Im pretty sure acciracy has no effect on players higher lvl then you. Accuracy is to make sure you hit more often against evasion, so people that stack dr is a diff story. Been playing since launch and this whole subject that you meed accuracy to hit higher lvls is misinformation, unless its been changed. Ive tested this out on a lvl 56 ninja alt and my lvl 60 main ninja witj basr lvl 56 skills on a 60 warrior. Accuracy has no effect when hittimg higher lvl playets, thats purely for higher lvl mobs. Acciracy in pvp is to counter evasiom (dp). Test it yourself to make sure 

Posted

So if I obtain 2 Duo Red earrings with a TRI Liverto, should that be an "ok" amount of accuracy? And for gear I've gone between Tamoa Chinichi, and AltPlusC. Mainly APC's ninja guide that he has on Reddit.

I'm currently setup for all AP for PvE grind. But it's all PRI and I want to get Duo accessories at some point. Like 2 red corals, 2 MoS, and Shultz would be okay? Or should I get the Core set instead of Shultz? And like I said, I'll be using a TRI Liverto when the time comes, and I also use the Estique Shuriken. When I get a TRI replacement before the boss gear replacements. Should I change Shuriken or is Estique also fine with the setup I'm wanting to go for? Or is the setup I'm going for trash and what would one of you reccomend then at 57 and climbing?

Posted

I would get ancient guardian set if you don't have bhegs gloves. Estique is good for PVE because you'll get a fair amount AP out of it.

For PVP you will want a tankier build, Tadd is the popular option. I miss the second crystal slot though. 

In the process of replacing my nouver with a Kutum. 

Posted

I would get ancient guardian set if you don't have bhegs gloves. Estique is good for PVE because you'll get a fair amount AP out of it.

For PVP you will want a tankier build, Tadd is the popular option. I miss the second crystal slot though. 

In the process of replacing my nouver with a Kutum. 

So have both a Tadd and a Esti TRI before I upgrade to boss your saying then?

And have a DUO Core set until I get Bhegs then replace the Core with Shultz once I have Bhegs?

Understanding that right?

TRI Grunil, 2 Red Corals DUO, 2 MoS DUO, Core Set DUO, Liverto DUO, with Estique/Tadd Shuri's for PvE/PvP -- Correct?

Posted

Its up to your needs honestly. 

If you are pvping in the immediate, getting TRI armor is a bit of a priority. I would value DUO/TRI red coral rings over MOS at the start. 

Duo core set, until at least bhegs. Duo may even be excessive depending on how much money you make. 

Get boss as soon humanly possible. Bhegs > Muskan> Everything else whenever available. 

1 person likes this

Posted

In a pinch you can also use the Roaring armor from the black spirit quest - 5 accuracy is pretty nice, and the 60DP is comparable with DUO green.

On my Kunoichi, I went with PRI Ancient set + Roaring armor with 3x Heve until I attained my Bheg's gloves. Once I got Bheg's, I changed over to a TRI Heve chest (3x heve + bheg's). 

Posted

End game gear you want 2  tri+ red coral earring, kz and bhegs. Atleast 1 precision in weapon for acc and some penetration for grabs. 200 Ap seems to be some sort of breakpoint in damage formulas. So if you can manage 200 Ap with those requirements you can build the rest how you want. 

I've been doing rbf lately at 192 Ap with kutum and switching to a Estique to break 200 ap is almost night and day damage. Both offhand are tri, only a 9 Ap difference. I delete people faster with the Ap offhand even with my kutum having Ap gems in it. Estique offhand has a down attack gem.

Posted

End game gear you want 2  tri+ red coral earring, kz and bhegs. Atleast 1 precision in weapon for acc and some penetration for grabs. 200 Ap seems to be some sort of breakpoint in damage formulas. So if you can manage 200 Ap with those requirements you can build the rest how you want. 

I've been doing rbf lately at 192 Ap with kutum and switching to a Estique to break 200 ap is almost night and day damage. Both offhand are tri, only a 9 Ap difference. I delete people faster with the Ap offhand even with my kutum having Ap gems in it. Estique offhand has a down attack gem.

See that is weird, because in terms of damage, I see very little difference between my Nouver and my Tadd which the difference is like 177  or 201 AP, but ONLY in PVP.

PVE the damage is super noticeable though.

People often comment about how much damage I do and are surprised to hear my AP. 

Duo Red coral, earing, TRI Kzarka, TRI neck of good deeds and TRI Bhegs.

Must be the accuracy. 

Posted

It's been thoroughly proven that AP scales linearly - there are no magical breakpoints where you'll suddenly do significantly more damage. There are breakpoints where you will 1-shot someone or not, or where you will 1-combo someone or not, but that's just an effect of your total damage output including AP, accuracy, crits vs their defense and HP pool. 

See that is weird, because in terms of damage, I see very little difference between my Nouver and my Tadd which the difference is like 177  or 201 AP, but ONLY in PVP.

PVE the damage is super noticeable though.

People often comment about how much damage I do and are surprised to hear my AP. 

Duo Red coral, earing, TRI Kzarka, TRI neck of good deeds and TRI Bhegs.

Must be the accuracy. 

Probably has a lot to do with the fact that you're able to 1-combo them with 177 AP and your current accuracy. If they are still dying in 1 combo it's not going to be noticeably different. 

One way you could test, though, is to use an ability that has 100% crit chance without getting any back/down/air attack bonuses and have them tell you how much HP they lose. Do it several times with one offhand to make sure you're getting consistent results, then try the other offhand and see what you get. 

Posted

It's been thoroughly proven that AP scales linearly - there are no magical breakpoints where you'll suddenly do significantly more damage. There are breakpoints where you will 1-shot someone or not, or where you will 1-combo someone or not, but that's just an effect of your total damage output including AP, accuracy, crits vs their defense and HP pool. 

Probably has a lot to do with the fact that you're able to 1-combo them with 177 AP and your current accuracy. If they are still dying in 1 combo it's not going to be noticeably different. 

One way you could test, though, is to use an ability that has 100% crit chance without getting any back/down/air attack bonuses and have them tell you how much HP they lose. Do it several times with one offhand to make sure you're getting consistent results, then try the other offhand and see what you get. 

Yea that is probably accurate.

Still nice that I can still wreck face with that low of AP. Makes the Tadd that much more reliable.

Posted (edited)

Yea that is probably accurate.

Still nice that I can still wreck face with that low of AP. Makes the Tadd that much more reliable.

Yeah TBH that's the biggest factor making me want to reroll my Kuno main to a Ninja. Kuno needs a lot more AP to 1-combo a player, but I really like the idea of an evasion heavy build with around 190AP on the Kuno/Ninja class. My Kuno needs Z/E buffs to 1-combo people at that AP unless they are squish. Just don't want to spend the money on weight limit and ghillie again. Sigh. 

Edited by Kutsuu

Posted

I would love to have some extra AP, its just expensive as ----- right now to get.

My gear is such a hodge podge right now, and I think I'm going to have to buy pieces one at a time and then switch them all at the same time, if I were to start taking pieces out now, it would ----- my build to hell. 

Posted

Got a DUO basi last night.. I need more AP for this DP :(

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0