• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Weakest Class in BDO

127 posts in this topic

Posted

yes, rangers are ranged. 15 shotguns to kill a standing still warrior without using his block, mainwhile wizards only have to drop a rock from the sky. I don't know much about valk since I don't main it myself but in kr arena a valk 1 stab/poked a ranger to death without cc

Well, i can do the same, onshotting with a valk isn't that hard if desync doesn't ----- it up for you. But that's 1v1, which i wasn't referring to, cause the valk is fine in 1v1. Not in large scale pvp though.

Posted

Well, i can do the same, onshotting with a valk isn't that hard if desync doesn't ----- it up for you. But that's 1v1, which i wasn't referring to, cause the valk is fine in 1v1. Not in large scale pvp though.

it was a 3v3, and also valk -----ing great in node wars and siege the hell u talking about, the vacuum is the key to kill a bunch of people. if u are complaining about valk in gvg, you really have to try out ranger.

Posted (edited)

it was a 3v3, and also valk -----ing great in node wars and siege the hell u talking about, the vacuum is the key to kill a bunch of people. if u are complaining about valk in gvg, you really have to try out ranger.

Well, then tell me how the valk impacts your gameplay in anything else except for the vacuum, the ultimate or the buffs? And i really don't care about the ranger, because he is definietly not underpowered or anything, not saying that there are no problems, but that has nothing to do with the original comment i made. Also, i'm not saying the valk is bad in nodewars, what i said was that she is unstatisfying for most of the time, also i'm not saying the damage is bad, it's the ability to escape after delivering it cause it's really easy to get a stun on the valk. Because none of her movement skills or low-cooldown damage skills have superarmor on them or are i-frames.

Edited by MoBo111
1 person likes this

Posted

The difference between top classes and bottom classes is not that bottom classes are weak. It's that top classes are strong in many areas vs only 1 or 2. Also of note is that "Most" of the supposed bottom classes tend to be weaker in PvE. Valk, Ninja, Maehwa, and even tamer/kuno are nothing compared to the top several classes for overall ease of grinding.

1 person likes this

Posted

m8... its not about oneshoting sorcs or something..... its about the gameplay... go play valk before you talk at all...

Posted (edited)

Valks are pretty balanced, they're just not great at anything. For pve grinding they are one of the slowest classes but on the plus side you can take on harder mobs sooner solo awaken bosses and pretty much solo everything. In groups you'll feel like a 5th pet following along. I tend to just vacuum up mobs for others to kill faster. (Vacuum is a skill that pulls mobs and players into a tight ball to aoe)

GvG and node wars we pretty much Cc, Buff and toss out a heal. Vacuum for others to kill and you can use our slow ass telegraph wave if you want to finish people off. I wouldn't jump into players since they just move out of it or it'll do damage but not enough to drop people. Zerkers can just come up and take you out of your wave by just grabbing ya lol

1v1 we can shine, most people will attack and just move one once they know you're a valk.

Valk used to be great before awakening now you NEED top end gear to be effective where other classes can get away with less. Valks have the worst off hands till boss gear.

RBF you can get lots of points if you out gear people, besides that play mid or backline and protect casters and CC people up front for zerkers, warriors and casters to take out.

My main is a 59 Valk I still have fun with her but when I take her to RBF I just bail and play my DK :)

Edited by Gotcha
1 person likes this

Posted

Threads like these are filled with below average people posting wrongful information and talking about things they have no clue about and it's extremely triggering  and also bad for new players that are actually seeking  for information about the game 

2 people like this

Posted

Strictly speaking, in terms of node wars, while every every class has a place in the war, There are certain classes that bring to the table above and beyond the norm, such as protective field from wiz/witch, and does not bring to the table like survivablity that are ninjas, etc. It's a theory that only 5% will ever experience in practice however.

Gear/level/attendance and then finally a distant, skill/shotcalling will show the results of who wins or loses in your every day node war.

There's a node war in maybe once in a blue moon for the player base in which two sides by happenstance are so evenly matched, that you can purely say XYZ class resulted in a lost....is miniscule to the pen.

Often the results are pretty much definitive on which side has more pure power in terms of gear attendance and skill while the other side doesn't. Sometimes it may be down to pure attendance. No matter how good your guild is, you can't win outnumbered by a certain level.

Seige is a bit special only because of choke points, where it's a matter of, certain class skills that can defend or break a choke point.

I consider ninja's weakest only due to how easily they can splat, and often in node wars are basically only very good when they are on the winning side. Their skills at scouting, placing cannons, spotting cannons, double jumping over obstacles, obscene down attack kills, only come into play when they have the manpower to spare those anyway.

But this is only a very limited scenario theory.

Valks do great at choke points, or rather, not that many classes are favored in choke points, so valks make the list of "classes that can go to the front of the choke point".

But if you look at the history of seiges. after the blame game aside, politics and luck wins 99% of the territories. Bring more people, bring more menpower, bring more gear. That's about it. They just live in the moment until at choke point is eventually punched through.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

EU/NA - Valks are weak, lowest tier, rubbish, better reroll bla bla bla...

meanwhile...

KR - Valks completely destroying other classes in a blink of an eye and getting into top PvP rankings.

Lol. 

Anyway: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/128095493  01:50:00     have fun watching the "weakest" class. 

Edited by Tulpa
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Aside from all the bs and salty people in the thread my list goes as follows:

Not Trash and Will Never Be Trash:

RANGER SORC WARRIOR WIZARD WITCH ZERKER. Half the people that play these classes will try and justify all the stupidity their classes can do, and state all the nerfs that they have gotten, and how they cant animation cancel, or have bad grabs [none of them do]. WHO CARES. The only class that has ever struggled since the start of the game in this tier is preawaken warrior REGARDLESS OF all the bugs and glitches they may or may not have. Due to insanely high accuracy, or mobility and i frames, or cc, or damage or party buffs *cough**cough* wizard and witches op e buffs*cough*..... IN COMBINATION lead these classes to be OP.

Mid Tier/Situational:

KUNO MAEHWA MUSA VALK DK[preawaken.] These classes are situational, and heavily outclassed by the previous classes simply because of how their kits are designed. They are often only good when you have really good gear and can one shot people. Many players try to justify that these classes are good in certain situations as an excuse not to buff them to be on par with the classes above them. All of these classes with possibly the exception of Musa are extremely out-farmed by the previous classes in pve situations. Kuno Valk and Maehwa specifically have strong cc capability.... but the classes above also have either equal or better cc.... and generally better ways of executing it. Maehwa Musa and Dk all have damage and mobility but once again the classes above have more practical [or just more in general] ways of applying their damage and mobility as it pertains to how combat in this game works. 

Trash:

NINJA TAMER. The combo classes in this game are already extremely under-powered [especially with desync] and these classes are no exception. This game is not a 1v1 game and as such these classes will never be good outside of 1v1 given the amount of bugs nerfs lack of care and underwhelming kits each class has. You need extremely good gear, mechanics, and coordination to even stand a chance on these classes due to how either class combos in order to kill its target. Tamer specifically has no ranged skills at all, and looses much of its mobility in awakening stance making it hard to do anything on this class without constantly relying on its pre-awakening form. While it has received buffs it also  keeps getting nerfed, and has been nerfed more times than any other class in the game dating back to launch. It also seems they plan to continue nerfing it rather than balancing it. Not to mention typically the aoe on the previous classes can 1 shot just as fast as their single target skills making it very hard to see why you would even play a single target class in this game.

Any of these classes *can* be good..... but some will always be innately better since 

A: WE ARE NOT KOREA SO THE WAY NA AND EU CLASSES ARE BALANCED NEEDS TO BE DIFFERENT UNLESS YOU PLAN TO FIX DESYNC =something they are clearly unwilling to do=

B: THEY DONT SEEM KEEN ON DOING ANY CLASS REDESIGNS REGARDLESS OF FAILED DESIGN DECISIONS *cough tamer awakening* 

Edited by KeenEye
4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Actually...

Nothing is weaker then a low level warrior...like trash of trash.

The uber warriors that put wars up there are highly highly geared and high level, with a lot of buff preparations.

Solar flare ulti may seem OP in GvG, but it's actually pretty meh until you hit 60.

Except for wizard/witch utilities skills, the platform for many classes are not really so much the class as it is the amount of effort you need to put into said class to perform.

And rangers are actually pretty weak these days, I would say 80% of what makes a ranger good is the gears backing up said ranger.

Edited by Kuu

Posted

meanwhile...

KR - Valks completely destroying other classes in a blink of an eye and getting into top PvP rankings.

Lol. 

Anyway: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/128095493  01:50:00     have fun watching the "weakest" class. 

Ya, 275 ap vs lesser geared opponents, it has a tendency to do this.

The class doesn't actually matter.

Maybe you should pay attention to the commentating on that 1 valk present in the entire tournament.

Nevermind how good speed spell is and the control of a zerker mind you.

And the fact that it's a 0 buff tournament.

And the fact that, despite all of this, valks are what, the only class to receive a buff to their *AWAKENING* skills besides DK in KR for months and months.

Posted

Batman knows...

image.jpg

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Maybe you should pay attention to the commentating on that 1 valk present in the entire tournament.

And the fact that, despite all of this, valks are what, the only class to receive a buff to their *AWAKENING* skills besides DK in KR for months and months.

so you're saying gear shouldn't matter if you're not strong or is it the strong don't depend on gear?

In the end it only proves the strong are geared as fck outside of armchair theory.

BDO has this annoying mechanic that interweaves items with balance. Everything from how much pots you can carry to how many buffs you can prepare to how rare and strong your gear is.

Should a ninja not wear evasion gear because he can stack evasion? Should a ranger not stack accuracy gear to fight said ninja if she knew his build, should a zerker not go against max grab resistance opponents? This list goes on.

You can say in a node wars, probably only 30-60% of the fighters are actually fully in PvP mode due to how restrictive it is to juggle PvP and PvE. Is that representive at all?

In node wars about 60% of the time people will need to restock their potions at lease once. Does that mean people with tons of maids are the best node wars class?

Edited by Kuu

Posted

so you're saying gear shouldn't matter if you're not strong or is it the strong don't depend on gear?

I said absolutely nothing of the sort.

I hinted that the valk was outgearing his opponents. This doesn't make the class any good at anything.

Posted

meanwhile...

Lol. 

low tier boy posts stuff he does not even understand and thinks he knows shit - classic. ty

Instagib a full ap sorc... wow so stronk! best class confirmed in pvp!  

TOP PVP RANKINGS :D you must be a shitty warrior/sorc/zerker/ranger

Posted (edited)

Was wondering..what's the weakest class/least recommended job to level past 60? I'm guessing Kunoichi or Valkyrie? Everyone's already knows Wizard/Witch/Berserker and Ranger are OP. (Soon DK too).  But nobody is talking about the suckiest class for your time and money.

Tamer and Ninja in that order.  Mainly because of limited/no real use in node wars and gear dependency.  Valks just have a really high skill curve to play well/master but if truly mastered they are LETHAL.  But also a mediocre Valk can still be quite useful in a support role for node wars ad are arguably needed more than rangers. 

Edited by JoeBravo

Posted

After seeing this answer to questions like this for every game with multiple classes in recent memory, I've decided to start ignoring these types of responses. The only way it'd all come down to the player is if the devs were godlike balancers that made every class perfectly equal in power, or failing that, all excelling equally in varying areas that make them just as effective in the end.

No one is good enough to pull it off. When considering these questions, assume you're cloning 2 or more gods that have flawless reflexes and endless dedication to level as high as possible and max out their gear in PEN. Then have them fight on their respective classes. The most consistent winner is playing the strongest class. Very simple really.

The question might be silly if the devs got the balance down to an extremely close margin amongst all classes to the point that it genuinely did not matter which you chose, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case in this game going by all claims regarding how OP such things as the wizard and ranger are, and how everyone used to say berserker sucked pre-awakening, and everyone says valks and kunos suck now. Not to mention that the OP specifically asked what class is the suckiest for your time and money. 

Welp that concludes my rant for the day. Back to tehgames.

I know right. But people want to make themselves look like the shining beacon of personal accountability and skill. This is tough love adherence no.1 : GIT GUD. Yeah it's a shame your class needs to execute a near endless series of combos and the other one need only grab-glomp you twice, but if you just did those combos properly you'd win! Who cares about balance! Git gud!

Silly.

Posted

tamer is weakest

Posted

People say valks grind slow and are weak, yet the strongest of us all are a 61.52% valk EU.

Posted (edited)

it's the ability to escape after delivering it cause it's really easy to get a stun on the valk. Because none of her movement skills or low-cooldown damage skills have superarmor on them or are i-frames.

Shield chase has full block, that's our escape tool and while it isn't just as good as iframes it's good enough (when you don't get -----ed by desync/lag and rubberband because of the stagger on blocks/get cc anyway - but everyone has to deal with that) since it ignores collision when you use it backward/sideways (from awakening stance try to use it sideways instead of backward or you won't get full block)

People say valks grind slow and are weak, yet the strongest of us all are a 61.52% valk EU.

Implying it couldn't be achieved by any other class ? Also there is a wizard 62 I think.

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted (edited)

I take it this is proof that ranger is not actually strong then? seeing as gear is only thing that seems to make ranger strong and the fact remains and a mid/low geared ranger is worse than ANY of its counterparts yet all I see is ranger being "OP"  but these are always the 250+ ap rangers you wont see anyone with 200-220 ap  being "OP" as a ranger but same cant be said about a class like wizard or warrior.

Edited by Zeel

Posted (edited)

I wrote up this tier-list from my own perspective. Honestly, a lot of placements were hard to decide on because there are so many factors to consider. Many classes can easily trade places, especially in the 1v1 list. This list doesn't account for consumables. Just skill kits and gear. This going to be pretty long, so strap in. That said, please take this list with a grain of salt. 

What the tiers will mean:

S - the best, A - great to amazing, B - good to very good, C - average to good, D - awful.

1v1

S: Zerker

Zerker is hands down the best 1v1 class in the game. He has tons of options to approach situations, has 3 grabs with a 30% ignore resist passive, the second best self-heal in the game, an awakening overloaded with super armor on almost every ability. He has aoe cc that allows him to shutdown anybody not protected. If he can't cc you, he'll just grab you. They have the highest hp pool in the game as well, and are extremely tanky thanks to the passive. His damage isn't the greatest, but he doesn't need complicated combos to kill anyone in the game if his gear is up to par. His kit is near perfect.

A:  Warrior, Ninja, Tamer, Ranger

Warrior is the second best 1v1 class in the game due to the fact that he's the most well-rounded character in the game. He has similar super armor options to zerker, a grab, amazing self-buffs to his ap and dp that have easy upkeep, an amazing block that allows him his super armor upkeep over his entire kit, a good combo game outside of his normal StD and Gravedigger cheese. He also has a heavy hitting down attack in Reckless Blow. He has very good mobility and is very tanky thanks to block/self-buffs as well. If his damage was a bit higher, he could be considered S-tier. Ninja is a bit debateable in its placement due to his class mechanics, but he's likely the most solid 1v1 class outside of Warrior due to just how many tools he has. He has the second most grabs in the game to Zerker, a very good self-heal via his awakening buff, a move that could be considered one of the hardest hitting in the game if conditions are right, an amazing combo game, and stealth. His mobility is very decent, but not the best thanks to his awakening stunting most of it. If he had more baked in defenses in his kit like the other classes or better iframes, he would likely be an S-tier 1v1 class next to Zerker. Thanks to the effectiveness of evasion build without costing him much of his damage, he can be here and not in B-tier.

Tamer is very similar to Ninja, with high damage combos, good mobility. She has a pet that allows her to break combos on classes if they aren't in super armor or can use to trap her enemies while they're chasing her to set up easy kills for her. She has frontal guard spread throughout her kit, with some super armor as well as a grab to extend her combos. She's extremely vulnerable to back attack ccs due to lack of super armor and is extremely squishy, but makes up slightly thanks to iframes. Ranger is a high damage, highly mobile class with good cc combos, a grab, and decent self defense via both her mobility and her frontal-guard filled kit. Her lack of iframes and super armor as well as her squishiness hold her back.

Everyone in this tier has a grab, decent to high damage, decent to very good mobility, and good combo game. They aren't eligible for S-tier due to inherit flaws that limit their overall potential, but they are all very strong 1v1 classes.

B: Sorc, Maehwa, Kuno, Valk, Musa 

Sorc was the previous 1v1 Queen and high-tiered 1vX class due to how overpowered her iframes were. With the cast gaining more aoe and super armor, she's receded to a B spot on this list. She has extremely high damage thanks to Violation and amongst the best iframes in the game (previously best, but is now in contest with the new DK). Her ult is amongst the best as well. Other than her ult, very nice damage, and her godly iframes, she doesn't really do anything that A-tier can't do. She also has some very useful pre-awakening mechanics she still exploits. Her vulnerability to back attacks during violation and weakness to super armor set her up to be here in B-tier as well as her lack of grab. Maehwa, heading up at #2 in B-tier. Her single-target burst is some of the best in the game, she has the best mobility (tied with Musa), near permanent super armor thanks to Chase, great combo cc game, and an active block. Why isn't she A-tier? No grab. She's stunted horribly by that fact, being nearly shut out in matchups against classes that exploit their guards and armors to stop her cc game. 

Kuno has decent mobility, decent damage, good aoe-cc combos, and very good defense built into her kit. That said, Kuno has an amazing kit for smallscale and maybe even node wars, but against other grabbing classes with any sort of protection, it doesn't really matter because they can get in and shut down her combos. Where Ninja has big damage to make up for his lack of defenses, she has tons of defense as a trade-off for huge damage. The only real reason why he isn't here with her is because he has good enough mobility to get him out and he can exploit a build to make him tanky without costing him too much of his damage. She also has stealth, which is a great setup for her aoe lockdowns. Valk... She's a poor-man's Warrior, with worse damage, worse self-buffs, and worse mobility. Her block grants her super armor while it's up, but does not linger like Warrior. She also lacks super armor, starving more than even Ninja for self-defense outside of her few frontal guards. Her overall kit is good, but slow. She also has a grab which not many people seem to exploit anymore.

Musa has the highest mobility tied with Maehwa, good damage combos, aoe-cc-damage abilities aka spin2win, and good self-defense. He has less damage compared to Maehwa, and his lack of grab hurts him the same way as Maehwa. He's shut out by valks, warriors and armor-guarded classes in mid-skills despite his own high amount of defense. He relies on their mistakes, and because of his lesser damage than Maehwa in 1v1s, he's lower on the list. Everyone but one are here in this tier because they lack grabs. If they have a grab, they don't have the damage or their kit isn't good enough to make them the best or close to the best. They also can't make up for their kit flaws as easily with gear mechanics.

C: Witch, Wizard, DK
Wizard has better burst/damage + a grab, but Witch has more range and defense. Other than that, they're pretty much similar, having the same kits pre-awakening, that they still make use of. Their poor mobility and long animations is what really holds them back, otherwise they would be higher. They're extremely vulnerable to grabs thanks to, once again, their long spell animations. Their aoe damage is top-tier, though. If they didn't have that, there would likely be D-tier instead of C-tier. DK is last in this tier mostly because I don't know where to place her at the moment. She's highly mobile, seems to have good damage, and contests Sorcs for best iframes in the game if not the best iframes. She also has traps and some long-range cc, but she doesn't seem to do anything special outside of that. She also lacks a grab like a lot of the others here do. I can't say anything else until I really learn more about this class. But so far, she doesn't seem special and is more annoying than anything else due to iframes and traps.

1vX

S: Zerker
Same reasons as above. He's able to handle multiple opponents at once thanks to his aoe CC, good mobility, amazing self-heals, superarmor overload, and uncanny lockdown ability.

A: Warrior, Musa, Sorc
Warrior returns for the same reasons that he excels in 1v1s. His kit is actually more perfect than Zerker, but only loses out because he doesn't have busted self-heals and more than 1 grab. Sorc and Musa still have the same flaws they did before, but both make up for it with their survivability due to iframes (sorc) or insane mobility super-armor (Musa). Sorc's ult allows her to deal with and shutdown multiple people at once, then swoops in with a violation to finish them off. Musa has similar pull mechanics with his ult, and abuses his aoe damage to make his enemies take damage. While he can't cc people as easily, he makes up for it with good damage. Kuno is an amazing class to fight multiple enemies with due to her large aoe-cc pool with tons of built-in defense. She has stealth to start up on her enemies or escape on, has decent self-heal with one of her abilities, and is the second grab-class in this tier. She also looks really cool to boot, but is really squishy and doesn't have the iframes of sorc, the mobility of a Musa, or the innate tankiness of Warriors (or the stupid easy self-buffs).Experience told me that Musas are amazing in anything but 1v1 (which they're still good at) due to the sheer positive kdr ratio that the Musas in my guild have every nodewar. If he had a grab, he'd probably be S-tier or top of A-tier.

B: Ranger, Maehwa, Kuno, Valk
Ranger is similar, having good mobility to keep her weaving through the damage and dishing out more. Her high damage multipliers and frontal block make her able to stand with the crowd, but doesn't make her the best. She falls below the A-tier crowd due to lack of super armor, but her damage and mobility are A-tier. Maehwa suffers similar issues, but has better combos and easy damage due to high damage pokes into super-armor chase. She can run in and out more easily than Ranger, but doesn't have a grab so blocking classes will shut her down. Kuno doesn't have the mobility of half of this tier, but she makes up for it with her stealth engages and ridiculous self-defenses. She doesn't have the damage of her two sisters that both place above her, but her chains can shut down multiple people at once. Valk has good mobility and grouping ccs, but her lack of damage make it harder for her to excel against more than one target. That said, with AP, she can kill a crap ton of people at once as evidenced by some clips floating around from both KR and NA/EU.

C: Tamer, DK
Tamer's a better Ninja in terms of survivability. Good damage, pet traps to keep her attackers off, and decent defenses. She's a single target class, though, lacking the ability to combo multiple people down and relies on run-and-gun tactics to win. DK is in a similar place, requiring run-and-gun tactics to kill people. Her skills also lock her in place, but her iframes are so good, that she has an easier time surviving than Tamer. Her damage holds her back for now, not being comparable to Tamer.

D: Witch, Wizard, Ninja
It's hard to decide on an order for this tier at all. Ninja has better mobility and options than both Witch and Wizard, who rely on nuking their enemies to win. But his lack of self-defense make it very easy for him to self-destruct in group fights. Meanwhile witches and wizards both have self-heals and buffs that can raise their survivability, on top of defense-loaded dps skills. A Ninja can beat the crap out of either of them alone, but if he had to take on any of the classes together, it becomes a serious battle of skill, and partly gear, to win for him. He performs the worst out of any classes in a group setting, but his high dps can slightly make up for it if he has an ally to set up his kills for him. AOE damage doesn't make up for the fact that Witch and Wizard now that they have more enemies to deal with when they were already the worst 1v1 class.

Smallscale XvX (GvGs/RBF)

S: Zerker, Warrior, Witch, Wizard 
Same reasons Zerkers and Warriors are good for 1v1s, they're good for small-scale. They can run in and brawl. They're able to soak up all your damage and cc enemies while the other classes are more vulnerable, setting up kills for everyone else. They have aoe cc and damage. Witch and Wizard have the best aoe damage at this time, and in a team setting, they make everyone stronger and heal them while sitting at the backline. Before or after they restore the team, they nuke the crap out of the enemy.

A: Kuno, Valk, Sorc
Kuno appears from the shadows, surprising her enemy before locking them all down in a flurry of chakram strikes. She can kill all of them, too, making her a good harasser or peeler. She can also assassinate the backline easily enough thanks to stealth. Valk can set up kills for everybody thanks to vacuum, can frontline thanks to her own block and few guards. She has great utility thanks to all of that, as well as her buffs and small heal, making her useful for small and large group skirmishes. Sorc has a ball that's vital to setting up kills as well as very good aoe damage. Her lack of anything else vital puts her at the end of this tier, though.

B: Musa, Ranger
Musa has tons of mobility to let him rush in to either harass the backline or finish up the frontline. If he gets hurt, he can escape very easily. He can also be a scout. But his lack of overall team utility kicks him out of A-tier.
Ranger is the same as Musa, but doesn't have constant super armor on her dash to keep her protected. She has tons of damage to make up for it, and a grab to boot. She has very little team utility, though, besides damage. But she can be a backline assassin/harasser or a scout.

C: Maehwa, Tamer, Ninja
Maehwa is out of B-tier simply because she's designed with single-target damage. Though her damage is higher than Musa, she has no aoe to makeup for it and isn't as easy to operate against multiple players. Tamer and Ninja both have less mobility than Maehwa, but Tamer has more defense than Ninja, allowing her to have a more staying presence in a fight. Ninja has stealth to set up easy kills for himself at the backline and can scout. But other than that, Kuno fills his role much more easily.

D: DK
A weaker sorc with very little utility, but possibly better survivability. Until she gets awakening, where she can nuke any area of the map in front of her, she has very little synergy in group fights, and is imo, worse off than Ninja atm.

Largescale (Nodewars/Sieges)

S: Witch, Wizard, Warrior 
Same reasons Warriors are good for 1v1s, they're good for small-scale and large-scale. They can run in and brawl. They're able to soak up all your damage and cc enemies while the other classes are more vulnerable, setting up kills for everyone else. They have aoe cc and damage. Witch and Wizard have the best aoe damage at this time, and in a team setting, they make everyone stronger and heal them while sitting at the backline. Before or after they restore the team, they nuke the crap out of the enemy. In the largest scale setting, Wizards and Witches become almost invaluable due to the pure aoe damage they put out and the amount of team support they bring to the table.

A: Valk, Zerker, Kuno, Sorc
Valk's utility becomes much higher in large scale settings because of her pure ability to just pull enemies straight into ally territory while stunning them. Zerkers surprisingly drop down to A-tier from S-tier due to the fact that their damage drops off massively in groups. They can still lockdown targets, but their grabs aren't nearly as useful when you're facing an army. They can still survive a ton of punishment and help lockdown the enemy, keeping them as a high priority. Same as with small-scale, Kuno is very useful due to her aoe lockdowns from stealth and defense that allows her to withstand what would break weaker (wo)men. She is also an amazing base-harasser due to stealth and her defenses. Sorc still has her ball utility, but other than that and her survivability, she's C-tier at best. That ball is a strong carry.

B: Musa, Ranger
Pure damage alone is a large reason you see classes drop. These two classes don't have the utility that the other classes have, but still have very good aoe damage and mobility. They can still scout and back-line harass/assassinate. Musa can possibly kill at the front-line thanks to his super armor chase, but it isn't as safe.

C: Maehwa 
Same as with the small-scale tier list, she drops down to this tier simply because she lacks aoe damage. She's a good backline assassion and scout, though.

D: Ninja, Tamer, DK
Ninja is the third worst class in the game in sieges, and has possibly the worst survivability here out of all of them. He is a good backline assassin and can scout thanks to stealth. What really brings him above the other two is just his ability to be a cannoneer. He's able to reach places that only he and the Kuno can reach thanks to his jump mechanics. If you have to be relegated to cannon duty to be truly useful to your guild regardless of gear, then you know your class sucks. This applies to the other two as well, but he's still better at it than them. He can also stealth-harass bases and flags, raising his utility further. Though Kuno can do this better, and other classes have an easier time staying on objectives because they can't be killed as easily. Tamer is better off than Ninja  in one regard in nws/sieges - her survivability. This is because her pet can peel for her and she has more dps defenses. She has less team utility, making her the second worst class in the game for large-scale. DK is in a worse state than in small-scale, still being the worst of the bunch until awakening where she's possibly S-tier. She has armor and frontal guard, but she has no team utility and her damage is lower than the other classes at the current time.

As for the answer to the original topic: I believe Tamer, Ninja, and DK are the weakest classes in the current meta due to their lack of overall performance in the pvp mode that truly matters - node wars and sieges.

Edit: Added formatting to make it easier to tl;dr skim.

Edited by Xenon
2 people like this