• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Need Help: See Screenshot - Why only 27 FPS?

33 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I upgraded to a new computer, a gaming laptop, and it should be rocking most everything.  Its i7­6700HQ,NVIDIA GTX 1070,256GB PCIE SSD+1TB HDD and gets a 3D Mark TimeSpy score of 5000 +/- 70.  Note: the GTX 1070 in a notebook is the 2nd fastest notebook gpu, and 14th fastest overall card (by 3DMark).

Yet in game, I get only 25-28 fps with the setting shown.  According to MSI Afterburner, neither GPU nor any of the CPU are maxed.  What gives? I get 70 fps in Overwatch ultimate and 60 fps in GTA-V both on max settings.

I am about ready to return it, but I cant believe its not some setting somewhere.

Any thoughts?

2017-03-21_63516062.JPG

Edited by Archaegeo

Posted

You're looking at dozens of idle horses, that's why.

Posted

Yeah, but I want to see them at 60 fps :P

Posted

Yeah, but I want to see them at 60 fps :P

You never will.

2 people like this

Posted

Unfortunately, not going to happen. It may be possible when they release the graphical remaster (And possible a new game engine as well), but I wouldn't hold up much hopes.

In general, I live by "Aim low and avoid disappointment", hasn't failed me thus far.

Posted

It just seems odd that my fps is so low even though neither GPU nor CPU showing max

Posted

Laptops are for surfing or working when you are sitting in a train or something, they aren't really gaming stations :)

If you can run certain single player games fine on it, or other games with like 10 people max on a server, it's also something different than lots of 1000s of players.

Posted

Y U No Meme | Y U NO BUILD PC? | image tagged in memes,y u no | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

3 people like this

Posted

Laptops are for surfing or working when you are sitting in a train or something, they aren't really gaming stations :)

If you can run certain single player games fine on it, or other games with like 10 people max on a server, it's also something different than lots of 1000s of players.

Umm, you have obviously never used a modern gaming laptop.  3DMark timespy score of 5000 is excellent, and the card is 14th out of all card, desktop or laptop.

Posted (edited)

Umm, you have obviously never used a modern gaming laptop.  3DMark timespy score of 5000 is excellent, and the card is 14th out of all card, desktop or laptop.

Maybe lower the graphics a bit and check your power settings? Also curious, how much did you pay for this supreme power?

Edited by Grehm

Posted (edited)

I paid $1,639.99 ASUS ROG GL502VS-DB71 15.6" Full­HD Gaming Laptop,Intel Core i7­6700HQ,NVIDIA GTX 1070,256GB PCIE SSD+1TB HDD,Windows 10,Black                                                                                                

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01K1INYD0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But I am giving up and going with this: iBUYPOWER AM003i Gaming Desktop PC - Intel i7-7700K, NVIDIA GTX 1080 8GB, 16GB DDR4, 2TB HDD, 240GB SSD, Liquid Cooled, Windows 10 Home, this should last me another good 5 years I would think (assuming no hardware burnouts)                              

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NAGW8KY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just wanted the laptop to work out.  I was willing to live with short battery life (it cant use integrated graphics due to GSync enabled hardware, so battery life is like 3 hour NOT gaming), and was willing to overlook power going down sometimes when max gaming (battery drain while plugged in) for the portability so when I travel on business I could take it with me since it is under 5lb.

But I'm a MMO junkie, and so far both BDO and RO hit 30fps on this with other players around, so I'm going to upgrade to the beast desktop and then just remote connect when on travel.

Edited by Archaegeo

Posted

Main cities will always be a lagfest with all the movement, people, and horses to render. If we had the ability to hide idle horses in cities that would surely help. You'll see higher numbers in the world, but don't exact to see greatness in cities.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I don't really know how different the performance is between pc and laptop hardware for bdo but try turning the improve distance feature off and see if you can cope with it. I'm not sure if it's partially or largely responsible for pop -in effects at all however it makes the biggest difference to my fps, giving me more fps than you have on a worse gpu. I'm running a desktop 7700k cpu and 1050TI gpu and stay around 40 - 50 fps in busy areas as shown in the picture, and video wise can ride through the worse areas without any of the issues other people seem to report. I seemingly never changed to high settings in the video but I experience next to no difference between high and very high settings, only dropping to slightly high or upping to high end makes any notable difference for me.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moySGCHVmDA

Also the game doesn't seem to utilise my graphics card well. It sits at 35 - 40% and I have to have a youtube video opened and paused in the background to get it to increase. Not exactly sure why this is but tried it based on someone else's tip and it works, so whatever I'll use it. Increases my gpu to 50ish % and fps by 10-15. There are other settings which make a difference I'm sure, nvidia panel settings and xigncode changes etc which all contributed to my fps increasing . I'm not sure what they are exactly though as I got someone else to set it up for me. They just searched online/forum/reddit etc for settings which help and applied them all basically, so I'm sure you can find and try some out with a bit of googling. Best of luck anyway, it's sucky to spend so much on a new computer and not see the results on a game like this.

2017-03-21_304795245.JPG

Edited by Kaythulu

Posted

Have you tried tweaking anything besides in-game settings? Also have you turned off the auto frame optimizer? That shit made me drop frames and lag more than actually helped.

Posted (edited)

Laptops aren't really good for gaming no matter how you look at it. You just spend a lot more money for it and end up with something you could build as a desktop PC with less money just for the portability. Also, Black Desert isn't exactly optimized very well, so I don't think you'll ever be able to get stable 60FPS in a full town with the highest settings, no matter how much money you throw into a PC.

Also, it's a lot better to build a custom PC rather than buying systems like you posted. The specs on that appear to be good, but builds made by companies are usually madly overpriced and it also doesn't even state the manufacturer on most of the parts. Maybe the mainboard wouldn't even be able to handle overclocking for long if it's just a cheap one, you can't really know what they put in there.

Edited by Neaniel

Posted

I don't really know how different the performance is between pc and laptop hardware for bdo but try turning the improve distance feature off and see if you can cope with it. I'm not sure if it's partially or largely responsible for pop -in effects at all however it makes the biggest difference to my fps, giving me more fps than you have on a worse gpu. I'm running a desktop 1070 cpu and 1050TI gpu and stay around 40 - 50 fps in busy areas as shown in the picture, and video wise can ride through the worse areas without any of the issues other people seem to report. I seemingly never changed to high settings in the video but I experience next to no difference between high and very high settings, only dropping to slightly high or upping to high end makes any notable difference for me.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moySGCHVmDA

Also the game doesn't seem to utilise my graphics card well. It sits at 35 - 40% and I have to have a youtube video opened and paused in the background to get it to increase. Not exactly sure why this is but tried it based on someone else's tip and it works, so whatever I'll use it. Increases my gpu to 50ish % and fps by 10-15. There are other settings which make a difference I'm sure, nvidia panel settings and xigncode changes etc which all contributed to my fps increasing . I'm not sure what they are exactly though as I got someone else to set it up for me. They just searched online/forum/reddit etc for settings which help and applied them all basically, so I'm sure you can find and try some out with a bit of googling. Best of luck anyway, it's sucky to spend so much on a new computer and not see the results on a game like this.

2017-03-21_304795245.JPG

I would love to see your whole settings for Black Desert run so smooth, my fps drops in heidel to 15-20 on gtx 1070

Posted (edited)

So I upgraded to a new computer, a gaming laptop, and it should be rocking most everything.  Its i7­6700HQ,NVIDIA GTX 1070,256GB PCIE SSD+1TB HDD and gets a 3D Mark TimeSpy score of 5000 +/- 70.  Note: the GTX 1070 in a notebook is the 2nd fastest notebook gpu, and 14th fastest overall card (by 3DMark).

that's why.
have fun with your twice as expensive laptop for half perfomances.
note: laptops overheat easy and it's crap for gaming.

just so you know , my small O.C ( which you can't on laptop ) I5 6600k@ 4.2Ghz + Strix RX480 O.C ( which you can't on a laptop ) .
cap at 37fps in any town and 72fps in the wild due to freesync with a samsung freesync 27'' screen. ( 34-72 freesync range )

gaming laptops are a myth and it's made for idiots with too much money to spend.

I paid $1,639.99 ASUS ROG GL502VS-DB71 15.6" Full­HD Gaming Laptop,Intel Core i7­6700HQ,NVIDIA GTX 1070,256GB PCIE SSD+1TB HDD,Windows 10,Black                                                                                                

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01K1INYD0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But I am giving up and going with this: iBUYPOWER AM003i Gaming Desktop PC - Intel i7-7700K, NVIDIA GTX 1080 8GB, 16GB DDR4, 2TB HDD, 240GB SSD, Liquid Cooled, Windows 10 Home, this should last me another good 5 years I would think (assuming no hardware burnouts)                              

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NAGW8KY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just wanted the laptop to work out.  I was willing to live with short battery life (it cant use integrated graphics due to GSync enabled hardware, so battery life is like 3 hour NOT gaming), and was willing to overlook power going down sometimes when max gaming (battery drain while plugged in) for the portability so when I travel on business I could take it with me since it is under 5lb.

But I'm a MMO junkie, and so far both BDO and RO hit 30fps on this with other players around, so I'm going to upgrade to the beast desktop and then just remote connect when on travel.

IBUYPOWER = unnamed  HDD unnamed SSD unnamed power supply , = cheapest as possible parts = crap.

between the 2 I would keep the ASUS .

if you buy a tower , YOU have to choose the parts yourself , pre-built are nono. even worst than laptops.
it's not new that gaming laptops have shitty battery life tho. you still have to plug it when you game.

It just seems odd that my fps is so low even though neither GPU nor CPU showing max

the laptop probably underclock himself so it doesnt overheat.

Edited by Sizer

Posted

The games optimization is horrible. If you meet the games recommended specs then you should be able to run it, if you EXCEED the recommended specs (like myself) then you should be able to run the game at atleast a steady FPS. i get 57 FPS when im by myself in towns i get somewhere between 23 and 37 fps. What did i spend all this money on my pc for??? D:

Posted

You only got this i7­6700HQ,NVIDIA GTX 1070??????? that's why man.

Trolltm

Posted (edited)

Laptops perform less than desktops, and even so the game has low fps in cities, like it or not. Do you have the game installed on your hdd or ssd? Imo 27 fps in a city is good in bdo, altho its not that crowdy from your angle

Edited by Nacario
1 person likes this

Posted

I would love to see your whole settings for Black Desert run so smooth, my fps drops in heidel to 15-20 on gtx 1070

I found this area with the protesters to be one of the more annoying regions before I upgraded, which is why I took a video of it but I'd say Heidel is honestly about the same on high/very high settings. If I'm on horse it's High 30s/low 40s for the most part with the only noticeable drop being when I pass the bottom stables as there tends to be a ton of people/horses there. After they load in it jumps right back up though. High end mode makes a huge difference in dropping fps, however still never drops below 20 in Heidel:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buUeFpoRqNs   I do have a video on very high settings going through Heidel but it takes an age to upload to youtube.

Oh, I'm also running the game on a Samsing 960evo ssd which I'd be inclined to say makes a big difference but there seems to be some debate out on the ssd thing.

Posted

You only got this i7­6700HQ,NVIDIA GTX 1070??????? that's why man.

Trolltm

i noticed the little troll thing after i looked this up but i'm still gonna post this. these are the min requirments for the game

CPU:Intel Core i5-650 3.2GHz
CPU Speed:Info
RAM:6 GB
Video Card:GeForce GTX 650 / GTX 550ti / Radeon HD7770

if my teacher game me a rubric for a assignment and i passed all of them with flying colors and still got a D i'd lose my mind 

Posted

i noticed the little troll thing after i looked this up but i'm still gonna post this. these are the min requirments for the game

CPU:Intel Core i5-650 3.2GHz
CPU Speed:Info
RAM:6 GB
Video Card:GeForce GTX 650 / GTX 550ti / Radeon HD7770

if my teacher game me a rubric for a assignment and i passed all of them with flying colors and still got a D i'd lose my mind 

That's the minimum requirements for the game. If you want to run on high/very high, you need a top end PC. I am able to get 55-60 FPS in cities on high with my current rig.

Posted

The game just runs like shit and thats all there is to it. The optimization of all KR games is bad. Ive yet to play a KR game where i got top FPS in citys or pvp. Aion, Archeage, BDO, and I cant remember all the others I played whenever u entered pvp people wouldnt render, until you were already dead, hard lag if spells and ambient effects were turned on.

For whatever reason the designers over there cant figure out how to properly make a game and render art and content without making the game run bad. However BDO and my past games all looked absolutely beautiful when out in the world and alone. 

Before anyone questions my specs, ive always used an SSD for my current game, min 16 GB or ram ddr3, ive always used i7 series, and I am usually only one 1-2 video cards behind the best. Currently gtx 980. 

I have to play BDO with names off, on med settings, spells off, and it runs okay. Sadly u cant pvp that way. :(

Posted

That's the minimum requirements for the game. If you want to run on high/very high, you need a top end PC. I am able to get 55-60 FPS in cities on high with my current rig.

sadly i didnt post the min requirments, those where the recommended and my pc isnt even that it's passed the recommended. 

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/black-desert-online/13039 

You're just one of the lucky people, but the majority of people playing the game get horrible fps throughout the game and HELLISH fps in cities, i'm gonna stop complaining before i get in trouble >_>