• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Repeated Annihilation

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Most people who play DK seem to regard Repeated Annihilation as more or less useless, and more of a filler skill. I have the skill add-on for ap and spd for the skill and with the extra stats I experience my speed ramp up significantly with multiple uses of Repeated Annihilation, which isn't that hard since the cooldown is only 4 seconds. If you can comfortably fit it into your skill rotation which shouldn't be that hard, it will increase your dps by a significant amount.

Posted

The problem with the skill is that it only hits 8 times MAX on a total of 7 targets. That means in a group of 7 mobs, each mob gets hit once and one mob gets hit twice, assuming there is an equal distribution of hits which I don't think there is. The skill also has no bonus attack modifier other than guaranteed critical hits. That means the skill is terrible for killing groups of mobs and it's only use is for something like bosses or cleaning up those 1-2 mobs that are still alive. That is why this skill is not prioritized.

Posted (edited)

Yeah I wish there was an intrinsic benefit to using it, although I'm curious to the actual speed Majeir claims he's attained.  It would be cool if it would apply a large single target bleed/stiffness, to mash in with the animation..not a killer blow move, just an insult to injury stylistic sort of slay, lol.  Hell, you could rework it to make the bleeds stack(max rank3, 6 second duration ) and refresh per usage.  I would definitely rank that up, if that were the case...buuuut I'm getting carried away.  I'll check it out again max rank, but I must say, I wasn't initially impressed.  

Update.  I tried throwing it into the rotation, trying to add it in max rank, trying to find a way to cancel it, but I couldn't find any special  groove/damage ratio, not saying there isn't one but,   I can see how with enhanced attack speed, it could easily be fit into a regular easy mob rotation quite handily.  If you're going to be locked in one spot for that long, you'd be better with a quick rake imo.  At any rate, anything we touch with our messerz usually dies shortly there-after anyways, lol, so give 'em hell bud.

The problem with the skill is that it only hits 8 times MAX on a total of 7 targets. That means in a group of 7 mobs, each mob gets hit once and one mob gets hit twice, assuming there is an equal distribution of hits which I don't think there is. The skill also has no bonus attack modifier other than guaranteed critical hits. That means the skill is terrible for killing groups of mobs and it's only use is for something like bosses or cleaning up those 1-2 mobs that are still alive. That is why this skill is not prioritized.

Good point.  They should take away the *Max* part...aaaand everyone would be using it haha.  I'll respec out of it now, cheers.

Edited by Dethla Hadyn
update

Posted (edited)

I like this skill, cause it doesn't have any cc. That way I can collect mobs and mark them before killing with Kamasylvia Slash. It also helps, if one or two mobs survive an aoe, to get rid of them in the end. The complete animation is three strokes, but you can cancel them if you want, so you are not really bound using it. That plus Unveiled Dagger to move from one mob to another and Enforcement are great to pull two groups in one for efficient grinding.

Edited by Pohoda

Posted

That's not how "Max" works in this scenario. "Max 8 Hits" is assuming you are finishing the entire animation, which is 4 slashes with 2 hits each per mob, every each one of those 7 mobs are gonna get hit 8 times if you finish the whole skill.

Posted

That's not how "Max" works in this scenario. "Max 8 Hits" is assuming you are finishing the entire animation, which is 4 slashes with 2 hits each per mob, every each one of those 7 mobs are gonna get hit 8 times if you finish the whole skill.

This would make sense. I don't think I've ever been in a scenario where hits were distributed evenly 1 per mob like I said in my example. I just thought that it was randomly selecting mobs and hitting them for a collective total of 8 hits.

But does that make the skill worth it? Perhaps against targets that can't be cc'ed it is worth it. But it still seems like it does less damage per the time it takes to cast the skill compared to skills that have air attack and down attack modifiers that have very fast animations

Posted

This would make sense. I don't think I've ever been in a scenario where hits were distributed evenly 1 per mob like I said in my example. I just thought that it was randomly selecting mobs and hitting them for a collective total of 8 hits.
But does that make the skill worth it? Perhaps against targets that can't be cc'ed it is worth it. But it still seems like it does less damage per the time it takes to cast the skill compared to skills that have air attack and down attack modifiers that have very fast animations

You are better off just getting Enforcement as a filler.

Posted

Yep first get Enforcement!

Posted

Either way, when you start get near 59, you get around 1k skill points and you pretty much max everything except scarring slash and darkness burst

Posted

what does ultimate enforcement do, don't want to waste skills points atm, im trying to decide between it, nocturne and final rank of kamasylv slash.

Posted

what does ultimate enforcement do, don't want to waste skills points atm, im trying to decide between it, nocturne and final rank of kamasylv slash.

The closest thing I've noticed is that when I'll use shift w, then left click to apply sudden attack, it will apply the attack(swing form right to left) before I use left click, which would typically complete the sudden attack requirements.  This doesn't occur all on its own, but in between other attacks.  My toon will also do a quick series of "hup hup hup" vocal ques when it happens, so I'm geussing it's an audio que that it's worked. I'm going to drag enforcement on my tool bar, and try to see if it goes on cooldown when this event occurs.  who knows, I might be completely wrong lol.

At anyrate I would totally max Kam Slash if I were you, that skill is not a waste.

Either way, when you start get near 59, you get around 1k skill points and you pretty much max everything except scarring slash and darkness burst

Scarring slash has some nice add ons actually, almost worth doing one before your rotation just to proc them.  Spamming it out endlessly to gain EP max rank tho... heh, yeah I mean only someone who maxxed darkness burst would do that hehehe...

I find ravage rake is the best filler.  Enforcement max rank does less damage for the points spent, not worthwhile maxxing it out for pve right off the bat.

Posted

I find ravage rake is the best filler.  Enforcement max rank does less damage for the points spent, not worthwhile maxxing it out for pve right off the bat.

Enforcement with the Flow: Termination does more damage, if not only because of it's Float (Termination has Air attack modifier). It's quicker + it sets you up for kamasylvia slash mark blow up after mobs are downed (down attack modifier). You have to look at all the modifiers on the skills, not only sheet damage it deals.

1 person likes this

Posted

Enforcement with the Flow: Termination does more damage, if not only because of it's Float (Termination has Air attack modifier). It's quicker + it sets you up for kamasylvia slash mark blow up after mobs are downed (down attack modifier). You have to look at all the modifiers on the skills, not only sheet damage it deals.

This 100%. Unless you are at 230+ ap, you need to abuse as many attack modifiers as possible to maximize your farming efficiency as an unawakened DK. I see so many people knocking down a mob and then using wheel of fortune and it hurts my eyes so much

2 people like this

Posted

This 100%. Unless you are at 230+ ap, you need to abuse as many attack modifiers as possible to maximize your farming efficiency as an unawakened DK. I see so many people knocking down a mob and then using wheel of fortune and it hurts my eyes so much

Yeah... people dont realise the air attack pretty much doubles that skills damage.

Posted

Yeah... people dont realise the air attack pretty much doubles that skills damage.

More than doubles, it's 2.5x the damage :)

Posted

I love the people ignoring darkness burst. It is a much better skill to have as a filler. It has no cool down, no animation lock, and is a good quick 2 slash skill to push mobs away if you need a quick breather. It also does quite decent damage with crit modifier. Learn to use this skill, it is better than skills like enforcement and repeated annihilation.

Posted

I love the people ignoring darkness burst. It is a much better skill to have as a filler. It has no cool down, no animation lock, and is a good quick 2 slash skill to push mobs away if you need a quick breather. It also does quite decent damage with crit modifier. Learn to use this skill, it is better than skills like enforcement and repeated annihilation.

But it does have an animation lock. It also does terrible damage, even when maxed. It also requires you to pray for that crit for decent damage when repeated annihilation is guaranteed crits. But I do agree that it's fun to rp as a lawn mower when you have the black spirit attack speed buff and hold down right click

1 person likes this

Posted

The closest thing I've noticed is that when I'll use shift w, then left click to apply sudden attack, it will apply the attack(swing form right to left) before I use left click, which would typically complete the sudden attack requirements.  This doesn't occur all on its own, but in between other attacks.  My toon will also do a quick series of "hup hup hup" vocal ques when it happens, so I'm geussing it's an audio que that it's worked. I'm going to drag enforcement on my tool bar, and try to see if it goes on cooldown when this event occurs.  who knows, I might be completely wrong lol.

I'm not noticing this interaction with ultimate enforcement at all, nor am i seeing the ability go on cd.  Anybody else seeing what he sees, or are we reaching here?

Posted

I'm not noticing this interaction with ultimate enforcement at all, nor am i seeing the ability go on cd.  Anybody else seeing what he sees, or are we reaching here?

I know, it seems elusive but I'm thinking it's linked to sudden attack, or the mechanics of applying such.  Second thought... If I have to try *that hard to make it work, it's prob broken and I'm imagining things lol.  However, I will say that there's a unique rhythm when you add alot of w+shift into your rotations, that is inbetween your nuke bomb aoe of course.  It's on 2 second cooldown, so... either spam it or lock it imo.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0