• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Karma System should be improved.

45 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello. Im having a problem. I was farming as normal for any player of this game and some people was trying to get my rotation (Please i ask you not to say, just let them get the rotation, avoid them ect ect). Im not the kind of person that let the people just kick me out and do nothing. So i asked them to leave and let me farm but they just keept stealing all my mobs. So i flagged and kill them all. They are acting as an couple of idiots trying to ruin my game, i answer to that and then i have to pay for it. Im -1 000 000 karma because everytime there is someone that wants to kill me and i have to fight back. Everytime there is someone that try to be a ----- with me and i fight back. Im not the kind of player that kill people just for fun, i just dont let people abuse me. Karma system should be improved somewhere because i was just defending myself now i lost 15% xp dying in combat and it wasnt just something i wanted. I love PvP but this is crazy i cant walk without having a bunch of people trying to kill me. Karma system should be for people that kill people just because they can and not because they are defending themselves. People will tell you ''You are an idiot, you blah blah blach you suck''. And offend you in real life most of the ppl with answer it fighting. you dont wait until someone stab a knife in your back to counteratack you see. People go to prison when they do something bad not when they defend themselves. Please fix this. I cant play properly having all this people hunting me, like in citys I dont want to kill people in citys but i would like to defend myself in city if someone attack me being able to answer back even if im in city. 

2 people like this

Posted

I was about to ask the same because i have the exact same situation, im grinding on a spot and some random wizard comes up and just starts grinding, i killed him like 10 times already and now i have to stop because he just keeps coming, idk what to do about that

Posted (edited)

I guess it'd be helpful if we kill a player, consecutive kills don't cost karma for like an hour or so.

The karma system as it is right now, will never work properly

Edited by Zabraxa
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

First of all, go to positive karma, grind at free zones (don't go pirates, sausans and places like this). When u re positive, if someone try to steal your spot, u can try:

1: Talk or Flag (If he refuse to leave, kill)

2: If first don't work, if u re in a guild, try to make a war (u don't lose karma)

3: If u re not in a guild, try to outgrind (kill mobs faster)

4: If u cant number 3, try to let him to 1-100 hp, and let mobs kill him

5: If u can't do some of this, just leave spot, change channel, and just wait for a change in karma system.

Good day!

Edited by YunnoGasai

Posted

First of all, go to positive karma, grind at free zones (don't go pirates, sausans and places like this). When u re positive, if someone try to steal your spot, u can try:

1: Talk or Flag (If he refuse to leave, kill)

2: If first don't work, if u re in a guild, try to make a war (u don't lose karma)

3: If u re not in a guild, try to outgrind (kill mobs faster)

4: If u cant number 3, try to let him to 1-100 hp, and let mobs kill him

5: If u can't do some of this, just leave spot, change channel, and just wait for a change in karma system.

Good day!

Yes i know all day, i'm not a guild man and it is a pain to leave the spot because a ''bad boy'' want to challenge you and don't have the balls to flag and kill you and make you lose the spot, or trying to out grind, is like impossible when a party of 4 ppl come to steal ur spot and you are alone. Is hard to let him at 100 hp at least for me, its like or i kill him or i let him with more hp than the necessary. Well thanks for your advice but i wrote this because i already tried all that and we have to pay for those people :( 

Posted

Inb4 "you don't own a spot, stop being greedy and share". Yeah right I am gonna share my spot with a guy who 100% sees i am currently grinding this rotation, goes up right next to me and just starts killing the mobs I was currently killing. And if I ask him to leave or talk about it, no response. And as soon as you kill them once they are in their element. "come on flag again, how is your karma, I can do this all day" while purposely staying in your way as much as possible. It's straight up griefing and I am writing down the names of these ass holes, then get a negative karma alt with gear I don't care about and farm them for weeks :) 

Posted

Hello. Im having a problem. I was farming as normal for any player of this game and some people was trying to get my rotation (Please i ask you not to say, just let them get the rotation, avoid them ect ect). Im not the kind of person that let the people just kick me out and do nothing. So i asked them to leave and let me farm but they just keept stealing all my mobs. So i flagged and kill them all. They are acting as an couple of idiots trying to ruin my game, i answer to that and then i have to pay for it. Im -1 000 000 karma because everytime there is someone that wants to kill me and i have to fight back. Everytime there is someone that try to be a ----- with me and i fight back. Im not the kind of player that kill people just for fun, i just dont let people abuse me. Karma system should be improved somewhere because i was just defending myself now i lost 15% xp dying in combat and it wasnt just something i wanted. I love PvP but this is crazy i cant walk without having a bunch of people trying to kill me. Karma system should be for people that kill people just because they can and not because they are defending themselves. People will tell you ''You are an idiot, you blah blah blach you suck''. And offend you in real life most of the ppl with answer it fighting. you dont wait until someone stab a knife in your back to counteratack you see. People go to prison when they do something bad not when they defend themselves. Please fix this. I cant play properly having all this people hunting me, like in citys I dont want to kill people in citys but i would like to defend myself in city if someone attack me being able to answer back even if im in city. 

The karma system system is broke as hell...so far we have had false  promises, but the devs seem to have no clue anymore  

Posted

And offend you in real life most of the ppl with answer it fighting. you dont wait until someone stab a knife in your back to counteratack you see. People go to prison when they do something bad not when they defend themselves.

Thats where youre wrong, kiddo.

If people get offended irl, they offend or talk back, they don't HIT back (normal people anyway), which would be a crime. If people take things away from you, thats only a crime and can lead to punishment, IF YOU WERE THE RIGHTFUL OWNER of said thing, which is not the case if you went to a store and someone took the last candybar you wanted. And if you're going to stab a knife into someone just because you think he might stab you first... you're the one going to jail. Also, weirdly enough, in some countries you can be sentenced to prison even for attacking or killing someone in self defense.

Don't try to compare this with real life, in this comparison you would lose and the karma system should be even much harsher. Learn how to deal properly with Griefers because its part of the game, if you cant, switch channels because they won.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry, all those mobs you mentioned are exclusively MY mobs. I claimed all mobs on all channels and all spots to be MINE. MY rotation, MY loot, MY exp.

Those players you see are MY sheriffs, making sure noobs like you stay off MY mobs, by killstealing and harassing you.

Now stop griefing MY game and go back to WoW, all spots are taken.

1 person likes this

Posted

.... So you can't control your emotions enough to not kill someone that gets in your way, then b**** when there are negative consequences to that? 

Posted

We need consecutive kill XP loss.

If you are killed a second time within a period of time you receive 1% xp loss per death. You can keep the Karma system as is if you add this feature. Give the other person something to lose as well. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. 

anyone saying you shouldn't kill someone blatantly taking your rotation and being -----boi's about it should go play a PVE game. 

Posted

We need consecutive kill XP loss.

If you are killed a second time within a period of time you receive 1% xp loss per death. You can keep the Karma system as is if you add this feature. Give the other person something to lose as well. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. 

anyone saying you shouldn't kill someone blatantly taking your rotation and being -----boi's about it should go play a PVE game. 

That's worse than what we have now... Having a 10-20 minute window where you don't lose karma for killing the same person is a much better option

Posted

That's worse than what we have now... Having a 10-20 minute window where you don't lose karma for killing the same person is a much better option

How? It still lets that person disrupt your grind? or pull your mobs

Posted

All I know...right now...this is dog shit.  Something has to happen anything...and now if you have a node you can't even war on a guild that doesn't have a node.  I was grinding just now...a guild comes in, 7 of them...I kill all of them before going red.  Try to declare war and can't...and there's nothing that can be done...this is just shit....Are they looking to do anything because this can't be what they wanted.  Please give us the KR pvp patch where you don't take karma from the same person twice.  I'm down with the other player losing something as well...they need some risks.  Also when you die with karma and you use a tear, give us all of the xp back, not just some. I'd pay for a cash shop item that makes it so crystals can't break for 24 hours or something as well...but please,...do something!  @CM_Aethon @CM_Praballo @PM_Jouska  Are you guys even logging in and experiencing this?  It's god awful.

2 people like this

Posted

And what should we do with all the players that don't have gear and are trying to grind for it? Cuz, new flash: lvl 55 newbs still rocking Yurias and +15 armors can't compete with the lvl 57+ 380gs peeps that grind out at Sausans. You gonna make them lose exp for trying to get ahead in the game? I'm all for not losing karma when killing the same player for X amount of time, but why screw the players that are trying to get better? There are a lot of players that are either new to the game or have real lives/jobs and can't grind for 8 hours a day to get geared like some of us. You can't really expect to punish them for trying to get some progress when they can play.

Obviously, if a guild rolls in and takes over your spot that's another story, and I can see where you should be able to dec on them to defend your rotation. Really though, there are like 36 channels and it takes all of 15 seconds to change if a guild shows up...

There needs to be a solution to Karma griefing (only you can bomb your own karma, others can't do anything but troll you into bombing your own karma), but I don't think making other players lose their exp/crystal/whatever is a good move.

How? It still lets that person disrupt your grind? or pull your mobs

Posted

And what should we do with all the players that don't have gear and are trying to grind for it? Cuz, new flash: lvl 55 newbs still rocking Yurias and +15 armors can't compete with the lvl 57+ 380gs peeps that grind out at Sausans. You gonna make them lose exp for trying to get ahead in the game? I'm all for not losing karma when killing the same player for X amount of time, but why screw the players that are trying to get better? There are a lot of players that are either new to the game or have real lives/jobs and can't grind for 8 hours a day to get geared like some of us. You can't really expect to punish them for trying to get some progress when they can play.

Obviously, if a guild rolls in and takes over your spot that's another story, and I can see where you should be able to dec on them to defend your rotation. Really though, there are like 36 channels and it takes all of 15 seconds to change if a guild shows up...

There needs to be a solution to Karma griefing (only you can bomb your own karma, others can't do anything but troll you into bombing your own karma), but I don't think making other players lose their exp/crystal/whatever is a good move.

That's why you don't lose xp for the FIRST kill. You get -----ed and you leave. EZ pz. 

Posted (edited)

We need a solution to karma griefing while still leaving room for newbies and people that aren't geared yet

Edited by ShinobiHunter

Posted

The current solution has been abused so hard, not only be pvers...I even see pvers getting annoyed because you have players just flat out being pricks...would be amazing to get a good dev team that would say something about this...

Posted

We need a solution to karma griefing while still leaving room for newbies and people that aren't geared yet

that solution is giving incentive for higher geared players to actually leave lower level areas and go to location that is actually good for their gear.

Geared players grinding valencia instead of sausages and pirates, newbies have less issues getting insta killed.

then they can do the Spawn timer or no karma loss for the same kill. That makes sense, geared player can kill one or two guys consecutively, but he can't push out an entire party or more without going negative, that makes sense

5 people like this

Posted

And what should we do with all the players that don't have gear and are trying to grind for it? Cuz, new flash: lvl 55 newbs still rocking Yurias and +15 armors can't compete with the lvl 57+ 380gs peeps that grind out at Sausans.

Those are the true karmabombers ... not invested enough into a game that they do not really care for exp or silver.

As soon as they learn "I loose nothing by getting killed" you are fuked and your rotation as well.

A while ago i was leveling my DK in 3 man party ... we all geared and one noob refused to party griefed us for hours ... messing up rotation and being anoying as fuk.

I have a tactic to kill them using mobs and even tho he was basically loosing exp he didnt care at all ...

Posted

Those are the true karmabombers ... not invested enough into a game that they do not really care for exp or silver.

As soon as they learn "I loose nothing by getting killed" you are fuked and your rotation as well.

A while ago i was leveling my DK in 3 man party ... we all geared and one noob refused to party griefed us for hours ... messing up rotation and being anoying as fuk.

I have a tactic to kill them using mobs and even tho he was basically loosing exp he didnt care at all ...

And what solution would you suggest to discourage a player like that? Cuz if someone truly just wants to grief like that, I don't see how you're going to stop them. 

that solution is giving incentive for higher geared players to actually leave lower level areas and go to location that is actually good for their gear.

Geared players grinding valencia instead of sausages and pirates, newbies have less issues getting insta killed.

then they can do the Spawn timer or no karma loss for the same kill. That makes sense, geared player can kill one or two guys consecutively, but he can't push out an entire party or more without going negative, that makes sense

Yup. If there were incentive to grind at Valencia that would fix a lot of the issue.

Posted

All I know...right now...this is dog shit.  Something has to happen anything...and now if you have a node you can't even war on a guild that doesn't have a node.  I was grinding just now...a guild comes in, 7 of them...I kill all of them before going red.  Try to declare war and can't...and there's nothing that can be done...this is just shit....Are they looking to do anything because this can't be what they wanted.  Please give us the KR pvp patch where you don't take karma from the same person twice.  I'm down with the other player losing something as well...they need some risks.  Also when you die with karma and you use a tear, give us all of the xp back, not just some. I'd pay for a cash shop item that makes it so crystals can't break for 24 hours or something as well...but please,...do something!  @CM_Aethon @CM_Praballo @PM_Jouska  Are you guys even logging in and experiencing this?  It's god awful.

how long does that last tho? can u kill the same guy over and over endlessly or is there a timer/debuff that must wear off?

Posted

how long does that last tho? can u kill the same guy over and over endlessly or is there a timer/debuff that must wear off?

apparently for ten minutes. But for the love of Mr I can't find any proof that such a patch exists

Posted

And what solution would you suggest to discourage a player like that? Cuz if someone truly just wants to grief like that, I don't see how you're going to stop them.

Easy ... really easy. What everyone hates is wasting time ... or more precise "downtime". Downtime is when you have abusolutely nothing to do and all you can do is stare at your monitor waiting for something. This is what drives people insane.

What i would do is ... karma penalty drastically reduced to like 25k per kill ... the one who gets killed would be unable to use any cash shop item as a respawn option and:

1st time getting killed you can respawn right away at closest node

2nd time you will wait 20 seconds and respawn closest node

3rd time you will wait 40 seconds and respawn at closest node

4th time you will wait 1.5 minutes and Town as only respawn option

5th time spawn only in town 2,5 minutes respawn option

6th time spawn only in town 3.5 minutes respawn option

and so on.

(kill time resets after certain amount of time like 30 min - 1hour)

This and only this is fair to both parties involved and system like that will end grifing altogether.

Posted

I remember the good old days when you lost experience in PvP.... then the carebears complained and nerfed it...now no exp loss in pvp and Karma Bombing was born! You get what you asked for! HAHA!

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0