• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Karma System should be improved.

45 posts in this topic

Posted

how long does that last tho? can u kill the same guy over and over endlessly or is there a timer/debuff that must wear off?

It's 10 minutes...it makes it so you can't grief the hell out of people..but you can still pvp

First of all, go to positive karma, grind at free zones (don't go pirates, sausans and places like this). When u re positive, if someone try to steal your spot, u can try:

1: Talk or Flag (If he refuse to leave, kill)

2: If first don't work, if u re in a guild, try to make a war (u don't lose karma)

3: If u re not in a guild, try to outgrind (kill mobs faster)

4: If u cant number 3, try to let him to 1-100 hp, and let mobs kill him

5: If u can't do some of this, just leave spot, change channel, and just wait for a change in karma system.

Good day!

I think you are missing that it's not just about defending spots...its the fun of open world pvp and the pvp causing gvg.  

1 person likes this

Posted

It's 10 minutes...it makes it so you can't grief the hell out of people..but you can still pvp

I think you are missing that it's not just about defending spots...its the fun of open world pvp and the pvp causing gvg.  

There is no such KR patch. Just bullshit spread by the reddit community.

Kr has same karma system as us.

1 person likes this

Posted

fix karma system plax any imrpovement would be better than the current karma bomb fest going arrond!

2 people like this

Posted

fix karma system plax any imrpovement would be better than the current karma bomb fest going arrond!

Yeap...something needs to happen...

Posted

The karma system we have right now is horrible, griefers have no penalty whatsoever.

Posted

open world pvp is rather less fun when you're being ganked by players much better geared than you. Don't get me wrong, I love open world pvp, but it needs to be moderated somehow.

Posted

open world pvp is rather less fun when you're being ganked by players much better geared than you. Don't get me wrong, I love open world pvp, but it needs to be moderated somehow.

Dude...while I don't like karma system, I agree for the sake of the masses you need it.  However, you need something to keep a player from coming in over and over and feeding karma.  As of now, my guild owns a node, a group of five will come in farm right on top of me, lol out loud then I kill them and they come back, then I can't war them because we have a node and they don't...that is extreme the other way.  I'm not arguing that you need something.  Making it so you don't take karma from the same person over a ten minute period would work, or making them release in town after death.  If not that, reduce the punishment for being red, degrading gear is a no no imo..that is insane and losing xp is fine if we have a cash shop item to get the FULL xp back, not just 1%...the entire thing.  Fix those things and hell...i'll pay it.  

*What is happening with this and why have the pm's gms been so quiet?  @PM_Jouska @CM_Praballo @CM_Aethon

1 person likes this

Posted

Dude...while I don't like karma system, I agree for the sake of the masses you need it.  However, you need something to keep a player from coming in over and over and feeding karma.  As of now, my guild owns a node, a group of five will come in farm right on top of me, lol out loud then I kill them and they come back, then I can't war them because we have a node and they don't...that is extreme the other way.  I'm not arguing that you need something.  Making it so you don't take karma from the same person over a ten minute period would work, or making them release in town after death.  If not that, reduce the punishment for being red, degrading gear is a no no imo..that is insane and losing xp is fine if we have a cash shop item to get the FULL xp back, not just 1%...the entire thing.  Fix those things and hell...i'll pay it.  

*What is happening with this and why have the pm's gms been so quiet?  @PM_Jouska @CM_Praballo @CM_Aethon

I'd guess the GM's are quiet on this, because there is no current plans to change this. AFAIK, it hasn't even been changed yet in KR, so we're a long way off.

That aside, it seems we're on the same page. Definitely need a fix for the karma system, either to stop the griefing, or reduce the penalty of being red. Personally I think a respawn timer after the first death would work best, but not losing karma on the same person for 10-20 minutes should work too.

Gotta be careful with cash shop items like that, BDO isn't quite P2W yet. That would push it over the edge.

Posted

And what should we do with all the players that don't have gear and are trying to grind for it? Cuz, new flash: lvl 55 newbs still rocking Yurias and +15 armors can't compete with the lvl 57+ 380gs peeps that grind out at Sausans. You gonna make them lose exp for trying to get ahead in the game? I'm all for not losing karma when killing the same player for X amount of time, but why screw the players that are trying to get better? There are a lot of players that are either new to the game or have real lives/jobs and can't grind for 8 hours a day to get geared like some of us. You can't really expect to punish them for trying to get some progress when they can play.

Obviously, if a guild rolls in and takes over your spot that's another story, and I can see where you should be able to dec on them to defend your rotation. Really though, there are like 36 channels and it takes all of 15 seconds to change if a guild shows up...

There needs to be a solution to Karma griefing (only you can bomb your own karma, others can't do anything but troll you into bombing your own karma), but I don't think making other players lose their exp/crystal/whatever is a good move.

There are some people like me, that dont like to be pushed away. If i can kill 7 of them by myself and they are trying to steal something for me, i dont want to run, i want to fight them. I mean there is a lot of people in the game that wants it too PVE when this game isnt PVE it was PVP oriented all the time but it seems like it dont. For example im never in a guild i dont like guilds. Im lonely and i like to be because i dont like doing node wars or guild missions. So the game forces me to join a guild and wait until the dec is done to kill a player and lose lot of time? Nah man i just want to keep farming and if he is in the way, die with the mobs. I mean there is a lot of space in the map, lot of channels. Why is me the one that needs to leave? You find your way out, im here first you get it. It is wrong because the one able to lose time trying to outfarm the other guy is the one who will win. When u are trying to outfarm u are not taking all the farm. So the best thing is just killing it and get the farm 

Posted

Ya know, if you don't like other players, maybe a massively multiplayer online game isn't the right genre for you. ;)  No offense man, but they will NEVER balance the game around players like you. It's meant to be played with other people. 

Also, who's to say this is a PVP game? There is far more PVE content than PVP and you can play the game forever and never PVP. You have to PVE though. I'd say that makes it a PVE game with PVP. 

Posted

So you are unguilded and complaining about losing karma? Being unguilded or in a guild that cannot be dec'd is a miracle. You can farm wherever you please for as long as you wish and they will have to flag or leave on you eventually. Your mistake was flagging in the first place. This is the karma system, its not going to change anytime soon. 

Posted

all you pvp idiots are pathetic, in which mmo have you ever claimed something as "yours"?  It's the game world and its built for us all, just because you're no lifeing a spot all day doesn't mean you own it.

personally I'm sick of jerks like you all who constantly kill me when I try to grind in any of the spots, you don't own them and we deserve some ability to continue farming when some pathetic ----- refuses to share some mobs.

its hard enough in this game as a new player, the existing player base is so cancerous about grinding spots it's unreal, I'll be glad to karma bomb you again when you spam kill my group of low geared players, prick.

no...you are an idiot...the game is abused by pvers and pvpers at grind spots, I get that you suck and always will...but for those that don't, it needs to be addressed.  Go play duck hunt or something.  Good day.

Posted

Duh

Wow this is the worst answer i have ever received, I wont even follow that up. I'm not in your level ;). Next time don't get attitude and try to contribute to the community. 

Posted (edited)

The fact you are under-geared is YOUR problem, it's not the fault of the other player who's taken the time to enchant, grind/buy better gear.  Why should the other player be penalised by you cheating to steal the spot or just grief/ruin his/her rotation.  Everyone goes on about the better geared players being "Entitled" or feeling like they own a particular spot when it's the other way around.  For some reason the lesser geared players are the one's that feel entitled and are crying because they are not strong enough on their characters to be able to fight for a spot.  Why should other people be punished because you dont' gear your character properly or don't enchant and don't put effort in.  Instead of conceding that the other player is more geared/higher level they choose to cheat because there is no penalty for it, which is -----ing stupid as -----.

Edited by Cyrus Glitch

Posted

Duh

All about sharing I see.

Too bad the only things you share are insults, anger, sourness and frustration.

You, young lad, with you attitude, overemotionnal reactions and language, make the community look bad.

Posted

Learn to share 

The karma system we have right now is horrible, griefers have no penalty whatsoever.

you need to l2share 

1 person likes this

Posted

The fact you are under-geared is YOUR problem, it's not the fault of the other player who's taken the time to enchant, grind/buy better gear.  Why should the other player be penalised by you cheating to steal the spot or just grief/ruin his/her rotation.  Everyone goes on about the better geared players being "Entitled" or feeling like they own a particular spot when it's the other way around.  For some reason the lesser geared players are the one's that feel entitled and are crying because they are not strong enough on their characters to be able to fight for a spot.  Why should other people be punished because you dont' gear your character properly or don't enchant and don't put effort in.  Instead of conceding that the other player is more geared/higher level they choose to cheat because there is no penalty for it, which is -----ing stupid as -----.

There's a concept called "player retention". It's where a person starts a game, decides they like it and continues to play and provide money for the servers to remain open. When you let asshats ----- them over, just because the new players haven't had the time to grind for good gear, those new players leave. Then the population drops, money quits coming in and eventually they close the doors. Bye bye BDO. So while you may be salty about them feeling entitled to "your" grinding spot, it's really necessary for everyone that undergeared players can grind those areas too. 

BTW, cheating implies doing something illegal or unethical. Somebody creeping in on "your" rotation is neither, therefore not cheating. ;) 

1 person likes this

Posted

I want the L2 karma system.

Players can drop equipment when they die being red, and others can loot it.

Currently, negative karma players have to fear nothing and can PK with almost zero consequence.

Would be much more exciting if red players would pose a worthwhile target to hunt.

All I see here is pussies complaining about other pussies.

1 person likes this

Posted

The worst thing, you cant arge with PvE'rs that things that we that kill people who bother us or ect are the wrong one. Just leave they say, the game isnt meant to kill other people lol. I really enjoy/hate to see people like that because if you dont like to be killed, you are the one that should leave. Its just that most of the people complain because they arent good enought and they get their ass handled  lol. No offense, the only good point of view i see about this is about the newbies. I even carry newbies and have them as a pet just picking things up and i kill everything, so they can get xp and free money. So im not really a bad person for killing someone that comes and try to be ''the most'' just trying to steal the rotation knowing that if i kill him i lose things and he dont. The one that do bully is the one that comes and try to steal, not the one that kills because u where bothering him. but hey anyway i didnt made the game. I just hope that the developers read all that and do something about it

Posted

I may not know anything as of yet about the Karma bombing system or what it entails, but based on the replies from this post I can view it as this:

1. You will find that there is PVP in MOST Open World MMOs, If you know this, then expect the kind of people who will want to kill you and pester/bug you until you get extremely agitated. While I claim to not know anything about the karma system, preparing yourself for the worst when it comes to PVP is the best thing you can do to help keep calm

2. In the case of a grinding spot, as far as I can tell from the comments, a person would be grinding a mod/mineral/etc. when a player would come up and "Steal" their kill. Now, allow me to be blunt:
IN AN OPEN WORLD MMORPG NO "GRINDABLE" SPOT IS YOURS AND YOURS ALONE! YOU MUST SHARE OR FIND ANOTHER

I have yet to find another MMORPG that has made this remotely possible in any way: For example, in Tera when you're grinding for materials to craft potions or etchings, you must "Gather" resources from a plant, ore, or essence in the open world. If a player goes up to the one you had your eyes on and decides "Hey that resource looks nice, ill gather it before you can" theres nothing you can do except find another one.... which takes literally less than 30 seconds of your time. 

In short, yes there will be "Griefers" and "Jerks"  who will want to take away those spots from you, but if you do one of these things i'm relatively possitive you can get the stuff you need:

A. ask if you can share (Politely, mind you, people who act like jerks will be more likely to get treated like one)

BDO SOMETHING ELSE AND COME BACK LATER WHEN THERE ARE LESS PEOPLE ( Look, if they decide they want to kill you every time you go over there, let's just be honest, this is your best option, he wont be there forever, and you'll come out less pissed than you were before)

C. Fight back, cause who said YOU had to be a "Victim" in the first place, PVP can be fun at times too, if someone decides to screw around with you, let them know you're not gonna take their crap in your own way. Just be prepared for the repercussions it may have.

D. Find another spot: (I do not know if there are "other spots" when it comes to grind-able places in this game, but hey, at least you're trying and not complaining about it instead)

3. Unless a person is killing you repeatedly when you spawn in, i honestly see no right to complain about being killed, and for those of you who may say "well he just took advantage of me to get the reward at the end of the quest and killed me" Then too bad. Like it or not, being part of a "RPG" DOES MEAN THAT YOU WILL HAVE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO PLAY THE ROLE OF A VILLAIN. (While it may be a cheap way of playing, it works for them, and that doesnt mean you can harass/ insult them for it.) Trust me, a different kind of "Karma" will come to bite them in the arse for it one day or another, so just calm down, alright?

4. Learn how to avoid PVP battles in the first place.... I wish i could give tips on this topic but unfortunately i dunno a 100% method to do this (Mainly cause im just basing these speculations off of form posts and their replies). Just make sure to learn about ways to counter-act those kinda people before you get pissed alright? it'll save you the sanity, im sure.

5. If a person doesnt want to listen to you or abide by your "rules" then either find someone else, or just move on without em. While i cant say that this answer will work for everyone i can say one thing:

IN AN OPEN WORLD MMORPG WITH OPTIONAL CO-OP/PVP , YOU ARE NOT A GOD, NOR A DICTATOR, NOR A MONARCH, NOR AN ADMIN,
YOU SIMPLY DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO MANIPULATE/TELL OTHERS WHAT TO DO: DEAL WITH IT!

Okay? Im no expert on this game, but i sure as all hell can say that this rule does not change no matter what you do in life. Yes this includes your online life as well.

Just have fun and play the way you want to play, isnt that the point of an MMORPG in the first place? 

***DISCLAIMER***

I do not favor one side or the other in these arguments, i'm only serving as a mediator
I do not have any hours of gameplay on this game, therefore, you dont have to believe in what i say, nor should you take it as a credible argument (Not that you would have anyway, in the end we're all biased in our own ways, right? :P)

The only reason i made this comment in the first place is so that people could at least consider these kinds of things before getting triggered and highly emotional.

If your opinions conflict with mine or if you want to call me an idiot for putting my opinions over yours, feel free to send an insult or a harsh comment my way :) Because i will read it, then decide whether or not to ignore you based on how immature your response is :P (Plus i like to laugh at the REALLY dumb ones from time to time, cause lets be honest, the people who send a reply like that probably havent even read this far! ;D)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0