• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Patch Notes - March 22nd 2017

148 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

How difficult is it to remove the code that forces you to press that button or not display the notice at all? I think the vast majority of us know when it kicks us back to the start menu that we've been disconnected. I really love this game but these issues are a huge problem. My wife and I have a newborn and our playtime is limited as is. Getting dumped to desktop every time and having to take 10 minutes loading back in through all the mess we're losing what little play time we get.

Edited by Nemasis
Quoted incorrect source
1 person likes this

Posted

No Cherry Blossom Earrings?
No Limited Costume for DK?
----- dude that hurts fam. :|

Posted

Based off of the Korean Schedule we should have gotten Kamasylve by now and not an un-important update that adds nothing....

I Just want updates that add to the game content wise not Cash shop wise ;(

Posted

Why no DK costume ;-;?

Posted

I would seriously love to sit in a class or business meeting with at least half these posters to see if they actually act like this face to face when they can't hide behind a web login.

I'm surprised the company hasn't gone to twice a month or once a month updates.

Then people would have nothing to whine about concerning the little updates.

I would love to make my constructive recommendations in their meeting. I could set them on the path to making this game as amazing as it could/should be. Give me one hour

Posted

Auto-align feature has been added for individual quick slot setting. When moving individual quick slots through the edit UI function will now automatically stick together when placed near each other

Thankyou so much for this!! :) 

Posted (edited)

Great patch honestly.

I have too much money and there was no where to spend. And I found this game and it was like a dream come true for me. They do their best to make as many contents as possible where I can spend my money on. Keep up the good work BDO!

And also, don't bother trying to balance the game and just keep focusing on updating Pearl items, because that's the main content of this game. Thank you.

Edited by Jinah_Kim

Posted

A fair point, I'll be sure to include it in the information passed on to our team.

Thanks very much, I appreciate the consideration! :)

Posted

DK has been out three weeks and still stuck with 1 cash shop outfit.

Come on now. DK has 2 outfits if you count the Heidel Masquerade Outfit....

Posted (edited)

LOL.  No idea you were into roasting the playerbase. FML is recruiting @CM_Aethon

XhPKBv4.gif

When we have an update to comment on the start button, we'll be extra sure to make an announcement for it.

Not on this forum, but on our beta forums we are taking into consideration the potential for special criteria that may warrant very limited signatures. Still tagged for discussion though as we have higher priority tasks to take care of first.

so good.

Edited by Proto

Posted

Yeah still needs work.  They don't stick properly when it's not directly above or beside another quickslot. Like if you wanted to make a pyramid out of quickslots for example.

Plus it seems only apply to quickslots and don't work in conjuction with the HP, black spirit, pvp icon. It's a good start though.

Yeah, it only apply to the quick slot.

And it definitely need option like :

- Totaly fix quick slot position once you close the UI config. Otherwise if you drag an item out you inv if will create / move the quick slot where you drop it, instead of just go put the item in the slot. Especialy since you need to open up again the UI config to move again the quick slot.

- beeing able to have the same behavior as with the normal quick slot => drag out inv to delete item.

At least, with thoses option it would be better. But for now i still prefer the classic quick slot tho.

Honestly, the best UI configuration with things "stick" to each other is the Blade & Soul UI thing, honestly, that's hand down the best UI config i've saw so far. You can stick everything with each other, and you just need to move the "parent" and everything sticked to it also move

BDO have very nice config ability without doubt, but it still miss some stuff.

Posted

Just you

Yeah, I found the problem. Windows trolled me with OneDrive

Posted

Come on now. DK has 2 outfits if you count the Heidel Masquerade Outfit....

Thats not a outfit thats a costume :P 

Posted

You guys are real assholes. Is that the direct response to my posts and my spending on the peal items in a very long time specifically on Equipment Tailoring Coupon right before the maintenance YESTERDAY???? and my performance in the RBF and p2w advantage it provided? I am never spending a dime on your game ever again from now on. What a shitty mentality you guys have. Jesus Christ, you guys are teaching me so many wrong things that I will never do to my customers/players, thank you so much for enlightening me. Jesus Christ.

Posted

Rest in Peace Marketplace

Posted (edited)

Wait I was posting on my own lul

Edited by Jinah_Kim

Posted (edited)

@CM_Aethon

This is not so much a complaint as it is a matter of a frustrated request from a loyal player base at the BDO Team to provide Cash Shop service that has the players' interests in mind rather than Kakao's monetary interests. While it is important for the company to make money, I'm sure there is a good compromise where the player base can be satisfied as well.

The question is, why recycle limited edition costumes from last year....? Is this what we can expect out of so called limited edition costumes from now on? While it may be advantageous for people who missed out on those costumes (ie. Mini Yukata), there is nothing preventing the company from releasing the old costumes in conjunction with some new ones.

Would much rather see new costumes being designed for special seasons or events. Like a new Spring/Cherry blossom outfit. Even with the recycling of old outfits aside, it feels stingy to not release some of the desirable costumes available on other servers.

There's also the other issue of diminishing the value of exclusive/ limited time outfits if you keep releasing them...but I personally don't care so much about this. I'm sure it's a more polarizing issue, however.... One thing for certain is that the trend we see in how you state that certain outfits are exclusive or limited time is more of a marketing ploy to increase demand and to release it again and again for more purchases based on an artificially created demand.

Will we ever get some of the player-designed costumes that have been released in KR? If not, can we at least submit our own designs for NA to be created?

Besides, you'd still make money...even more so perhaps....if you released more costumes. You don't have to drag feet in releasing one every few weeks.

A legitimate question- does the NA server staff not have access to costume designs as the KR server? And what is the actual reason/rationale behind the timing for costume release? Is there really a significant profit margin you aim for by releasing them at the pace you do....?

Edited by MaMaMia
1 person likes this

Posted

wating for dk awakening 

IMG_2569.GIF

Posted

still no fix for "start button disabled when geting disconnected , so have to restart the game all over again" . it's been 2 months and still devs can't fix this issue. i see , your priority is in wrong direction. who cares if players having pain from an issue, atleast your profit going well right? good keep it up @Kakao .

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@CM_Aethon

This is not so much a complaint as it is a matter of a frustrated request from a loyal player base at the BDO Team to provide Cash Shop service that has the players' interests in mind rather than Kakao's monetary interests. While it is important for the company to make money, I'm sure there is a good compromise where the player base can be satisfied as well.

The question is, why recycle limited edition costumes from last year....? Is this what we can expect out of so called limited edition costumes from now on? While it may be advantageous for people who missed out on those costumes (ie. Mini Yukata), there is nothing preventing the company from releasing the old costumes in conjunction with some new ones.

Would much rather see new costumes being designed for special seasons or events. Like a new Spring/Cherry blossom outfit. Even with the recycling of old outfits aside, it feels stingy to not release some of the desirable costumes available on other servers.

There's also the other issue of diminishing the value of exclusive/ limited time outfits if you keep releasing them...but I personally don't care so much about this. I'm sure it's a more polarizing issue, however.... One thing for certain is that the trend we see in how you state that certain outfits are exclusive or limited time is more of a marketing ploy to increase demand and to release it again and again for more purchases based on an artificially created demand.

Will we ever get some of the player-designed costumes that have been released in KR? If not, can we at least submit our own designs for NA to be created?

Besides, you'd still make money...even more so perhaps....if you released more costumes. You don't have to drag feet in releasing one every few weeks.

A legitimate question- does the NA server staff not have access to costume designs as the KR server? And what is the actual reason/rationale behind the timing for costume release? Is there really a significant profit margin you aim for by releasing them at the pace you do....?

and again, someone target the wrong group. If you want to blame someone for this, it's NOT Kakao, it's Pearl Abyss.

Also, please do keep in mînd CM are employed to serves a punching ball between you and Kakao, so please do not be harsh on them, they have no influence on what the game will have in the future.

Edited by Le_Flemard
2 people like this

Posted

@CM_Aethon

Do you ever go to the grocery store and scream at them for having the same old holiday candies every year?

Just wondering.

Posted

----- your class, whatever it may be; die by fire, sincerely, a wizard.

Please even if they nerf you guys you'll still be op its just l2p issues. Damage is TOO high.

Posted

A little of topic but there is one thing that really bugs me and that's the cooldown text saying that a skill is now off cooldown overlapping over my other cooldowns.

It makes it very difficult to see whats on cd with text popping up every 3 seconds. All i want is a option to turn the text off and just leave the cd's where they are.

Posted (edited)

Honestly.. I get all the frustration but lets not forget they are trying to catch us up with the Korean server. Everything is being rushed which is causing all the lag and crashes. Doing cleanups on your comp will help with some of the lag. NA & EA are still far behind so we are trying to play catch-up. Issues are going to occur and I have had to put in tickets as well but I always get helped. Gotta think.. who's paying these people who answer our tickets and fix them? Their salaries have to come from somewhere and that's the cash shop. Unless you don't want any issues fixed or a game to play at all and they can remove the cash shop altogether and the game will die and be forgotten. Online games are a business and the money to pay employee's has to come from somewhere.

We members of BDO do not pay a monthly fee like WOW. Hell I didn't even pay for my game, it was a 9.99 gift. I will gladly pay for some "wanted" cash items over having to pay a monthly fee especially if I take a hiatus, I don't have to worry about paying a monthly fee for a game I'm not using. Not to mention the free gifts they give you once you come back. 

Don't buy cash items if you don't want to. It is not necessary to play the game. But don't expect to play a game for a low startup fee and zero monthly fee's and expect free everything from the pearl shop and employee's who will work for nothing to cater to your wants and rants all the time thinking that this game can exist solely on a cheep one time fee.

On another note- I got my first 3 Cherry Blossoms and My first Cherry Plant. (for free) Yay :D

Edited by Aphy

Posted

Honestly.. I get all the frustration but lets not forget they are trying to catch us up with the Korean server. Everything is being rushed which is causing all the lag and crashes.

It's more the fact that we seem to get shit KR has had for ages and sometimes we get shit before they do in KR.

For example, KR has had red helper circles for bosses since before Kutum came out (and ironically, they're a massive help for Kutum, not so much for the other bosses). This is nowhere in sight in our version.

A couple of weeks back we got a mainhand buff they'd gotten in KR the previous week.

Not long before that an event started earlier in EU/NA than it did in KR.

So basically, they're throwing shit at us at complete random and it's messy cause of it.

We are, for example, missing a pretty big optimization patch they had in KR some 6 months ago? You would think our publisher would emphasize how important it would be to get this through to us ASAP since performance is one of the top concerns out playerbase has, but it's a complete no-show.

2 people like this