• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

"http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/136299-dont-v-in-duels/Don't V In Duels"

36 posts in this topic

Posted

4 people like this

Posted

This is pretty good. Also could you ----- off in RBF? 

1 person likes this

Posted

v for victory

1 person likes this

Posted

Pretty funny, moving to PvP though.

If pressing V so I don't get my rectum resized is how the goal of not dying/winning needs to be accomplished, no shame. 

2 people like this

Posted

Pretty funny, moving to PvP though.

If pressing V so I don't get my rectum resized is how the goal of not dying/winning needs to be accomplished, no shame. 

theres definitely shame whether you want to admit it or not, unless of course youre facing a zerk with a grab chain bullshit.

Posted (edited)

theres definitely shame whether you want to admit it or not, unless of course youre facing a zerk with a grab chain bullshit.

What about being KD against Sorc, grabbed against Ranger or Warrior? Can I V in those scenarios? Or it that not [insert any form of CC] bullshit?

E: Since the person under my post commented on it: I interpreted 'duel' as 1v1. If you are refering to arena/ duel dec - that's up to you. Just clearify rules with the person you are playing with.

Edited by BANiSH

Posted

Using V in duels is srls shameful, but only in duels. However mostly its personal thing to use it or not.

Posted

Isn't the point to win? The V skill is an ability accessible to every class, it's not like it's some scummy exploit to use it. It's a "get out of jail free card" that both players have access to. Just because one player decides not to make use of it doesn't make the other player dishonorable.

4 people like this

Posted

Isn't the point to win? The V skill is an ability accessible to every class, it's not like it's some scummy exploit to use it. It's a "get out of jail free card" that both players have access to. Just because one player decides not to make use of it doesn't make the other player dishonorable.

it's for -----es that can't accept a loss.

1 person likes this

Posted

it's for -----es that can't accept a loss.

Both players have access to it though, nothing prevents your opponent from using their V except perhaps misguided pride.

What's different from a Kuno rolling out of your combo and stealthing so they can recover briefly, or a wizard rolling out and teleporting away to heal? That these are abilities inherent to their classes? So is the V skill. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Both players have access to it though, nothing prevents your opponent from using their V except perhaps misguided pride.

What's different from a Kuno rolling out of your combo and stealthing so they can recover briefly, or a wizard rolling out and teleporting away to heal? That these are abilities inherent to their classes? So is the V skill. 

How is that even comparable? The things you describe are things that happen when a fight is still ongoing. The only point in a fight where your brain goes "shit i lost, nothing i do or can do will help" is the moment you fail to accept someone beat you and push that V btn. Just accept your loss, don't be a -----. (caus it's even more shameful when you do V (-----) out and then die anyway)

Edited by ManlyBeard

Posted

How is that even comparable? The things you describe are things that happen when a fight is still ongoing. The only point in a fight where your brain goes "shit i lost, nothing i do or can do will help" is the moment you fail to accept someone beat you and push that V btn. Just accept your loss, don't be a -----. (caus it's even more shameful when you do V (-----) out and then die anyway)

Kinda funny considering I've won PvP fights because of emergency escape.

Posted

How is that even comparable? The things you describe are things that happen when a fight is still ongoing. The only point in a fight where your brain goes "shit i lost, nothing i do or can do will help" is the moment you fail to accept someone beat you and push that V btn. Just accept your loss, don't be a -----.

I will not karma bomb and I will not spawn camp someone but I will totally use my V skill so that I don't die. If you're here to fight honorable duels, props to you, I'm here to try and win my fights.

Kinda funny considering I've won PvP fights because of emergency escape.

As Kaneki said, if I use my V to get out of a warrior 100% or a berserker grapple chain (things that take no skill to execute but are the end of the fight almost instantly), I can often times turn the fight around and win. 

4 people like this

Posted

I am totally with you Ayl. I try to spare my V for such hard cc and oneshot abilities to avoid them: Like Wizard Toiletflush, Grabchains and so on. 

2 people like this

Posted

I will not karma bomb and I will not spawn camp someone but I will totally use my V skill so that I don't die. If you're here to fight honorable duels, props to you, I'm here to try and win my fights.

As Kaneki said, if I use my V to get out of a warrior 100% or a berserker grapple chain (things that take no skill to execute but are the end of the fight almost instantly), I can often times turn the fight around and win. 

there's always a chance to get out of a grapple chain, I survive most warrior 100%'s .... a lot can happen at anytime, but real pvpers just don't puss out, and it's not even about honorable duels or fights, if I lost I lost, just be a man or grow a pair, caus not every game is gonna have your ----- btn 

Posted

there's always a chance to get out of a grapple chain, I survive most warrior 100%'s .... a lot can happen at anytime, but real pvpers just don't puss out, and it's not even about honorable duels or fights, if I lost I lost, just be a man or grow a pair, caus not every game is gonna have your ----- btn 

Real PvPers? Who determines that? I don't believe that you do, for anyone except yourself at least. I'm fine if you don't see me as a "real PvPer". I PvP to win, not to accept death and a loss, especially not when I have a button to prevent it. That is my "real PvP". Good thing I don't play many other games though. 

I've said my peace. You can continue to call other people names because you have too much pride to make use of a skill that the game gives to every player. I won't argue with you. 

Posted

You can keep saying that while I stand with a foot on top of your corpse because I used emergency escape and won the duel.

Posted

I V because it's funny, like Ving behind enemy lines and 100%ing their back.

I have a V and I will indeed use it for nefarious purposes.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't agree with V in duels only (that means 1v1 in arena, or any other type of organized pvp in arena). Other than that, RBF (you die, your team gains points), PvP open world, GvG, etc. V for victory.

Posted

Real PvPers? Who determines that? I don't believe that you do, for anyone except yourself at least. I'm fine if you don't see me as a "real PvPer". I PvP to win, not to accept death and a loss, especially not when I have a button to prevent it. That is my "real PvP". Good thing I don't play many other games though. 

I've said my peace. You can continue to call other people names because you have too much pride to make use of a skill that the game gives to every player. I won't argue with you. 

Continue to call other ppl names? Never directly called anyone a "name". Nice salty response doe

Posted

The only reason i can see why V should not be allowed in duels is to give classes with grab an advantage, which funny enough the two strongest 1v1 classes warrior and zerk.

Posted

Woohoo made it clear that their 1v1 tournament was "anything goes" which includes pots and V. Why wouldn't you use it in that situation? 

Your typical arena duel is no pots and most would assume no V - it's usually not about winning but about practicing, using V when you mess up doesn't really make sense in that context. Again, though, the situation being talked about wasn't an arena duel. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I V because it's funny, like Ving behind enemy lines and 100%ing their back.

I have a V and I will indeed use it for nefarious purposes.

the fun part was seeing your avatar. Literally has V on it XD.

as for the issue at hand. *not directed at you sensei*

'Real PvP' is decided by the Victor. if you were too prideful to V out of a death in RBF, OwPvP, Nodewars, which contributed to your or your teams loss, thats all that will be remembered, that you're a loser. and the guy who V'd out saving essential points, being able to come back to finish off a fort W/e. He won. fair and square, he's the winner.

Restricting your abilities because of misplaced pride doesnt garner respect nor decide the
'winner' Actually winning does.

regards to duels, whatever rules both parties decide on goes. if you didnt specify beforehand 'lets not use pots or V in this match' then its your fault for assuming things. if you did and he did it any ways, then its his fault.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

As far as I recall, you can't use V in arenas at all. It says it has something like a 56000 second CD. Can anyone confirm or correct this?

Edit: The exceptionally long CD text is no longer there, but this pops up. So people who're mentioning using the V skill in arena, that hasn't been a thing for quite a long time!

1565d7db8f2d4f5b9642eebd14b048af.png

'Real PvP' is decided by the Victor. if you were too prideful to V out of a death in RBF, OwPvP, Nodewars, which contributed to your or your teams loss, thats all that will be remembered, that you're a loser. and the guy who V'd out saving essential points, being able to come back to finish off a fort W/e. He won. fair and square, he's the winner.

Restricting your abilities because of misplaced pride doesnt garner respect nor decide the
'winner' Actually winning does.

regards to duels, whatever rules both parties decide on goes. if you didnt specify beforehand 'lets not use pots or V in this match' then its your fault for assuming things. if you did and he did it any ways, then its his fault.

This entirely.

Edited by Ayl

Posted

Meh it all depends on how you and your opponent decide the duel will be fought.

Usually if it's like open world flag or GvG people will v and pot.

I've noticed, unless you two set different terms, usually duels (arena, or you challenge someone to a duel) do not include pots or V.  

Obviously this was a tournament which was stated that v and pots can be used so it's totally fine in that scenario. 

I think people are just mad about the pots and v because of some "honor" thing.