• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Multiple servers? That's disappointing

51 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I know popular vote asked for multiple servers, but a lot of those votes were "1 server? ----- that, the queues will be awful" without understanding how the channel structure works. A chart as seen in the patch notes would've really helped. I have a feeling that the majority would've went for mega servers if they knew what the hell they were voting for.

Ol6Tchx.jpg

Well, that's certainly disappointing.

Edited by Alexander DeLarge
3 people like this

Posted

I wish I had thought of posting this bait :(

1 person likes this

Posted

08bfcc8d25af708509b5efcee7fb51e5.thumb.g

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

this quoting system sucks

Translated: "I don't care if there's meaningful player interaction in my sandbox MMO"

What better way to make your sandbox gameplay meaningful than to make it completely irrelevant to half of your player base due to server structure? 

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

Posted

Those servers are like 2 mini megaservers. Seems like they decided for a middle solution to satisfy both sides, but IMHO it's pretty stupid. But it's CBT2, for all I know they could be testing some dynamic channel system (quite unlikely but who knows) or how smaller megaservers would work out. There's still no official announcement for release structure, let's not speculate anymore.

Posted

Imagine if it was two servers connecting to the same server? é -é

Posted

What better way to make your sandbox gameplay meaningful than to make it completely irrelevant to half of your player base due to server structure? 

*cough* player base wanted this *cough*

Posted

The player base was already divided on server structure so whatever we got is what it is. People were going to be mad either way so please, stop making useless threads.

1 person likes this

Posted

Imagine if it was two servers connecting to the same server? é -é

So you're saying like a channel?

Posted

Translated: "I don't care if there's meaningful player interaction in my sandbox MMO"

Ill show you meaningful player to player interaction;)

Posted

Player that knew what they were voting for... ha

So those players that played kr and know that megaserver is shit and voted for multiple servers don't know what they voted for.... ha!

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm still ignorant to the "channel" function. Channel =/= server?

Posted

It's two servers with multiple channels.

Posted

*cough* player base wanted this *cough*

The player base didn't know what the hell they were voting for. They heard one server and thought "----- that, my World of Warcraft server had queues all the time!"

If that chart was in the polls, I'd argue the one server would have come out on top. Also, why are they listening to the player base on how they structure their servers at all? I wouldn't trust my users to make a decision like that.

1 person likes this

Posted

bff0833745e875817ccd3407614994e1.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

"I heard some of you want a megaserver for a united game, and some of you wanted smaller servers for a tight knit community. Here, have neither of those options and a weird hybrid." 

Today has been disappointing, at least the beta starts in 40 minutes. 

Posted

So if they can do two servers with 10 channels, why not just do one server with 20 channels that scale downwards if it's not necessary?

I don't see why anyone would vote for splitting the community up arbitrarily.

Posted

just saying the secret world made you pick between 4-5 server but all player where then in the same enviroment server didnt mean anything other then 1 not shared area of open pvp that was onyl server based but after few month it was merged as well between servers

Posted

Alright, got that, but how do the channels interact with each other? Sorry, newbie, I have yet to get my feet wet in BDO.

Posted

It's just for CBT 2.  Until they announce it, we can still see a mega server.  So if this doesn't go as expected, they can go with the KR plan with one mega server and multiple channels.  Let them test configurations, and let them come up with the best solution that will work.

BTW, what server will everyone be on.  I don't want to be on a dead CBT server /s

Posted

Alright, got that, but how do the channels interact with each other? Sorry, newbie, I have yet to get my feet wet in BDO.

The primary channel is the only one where you can do territory control stuff (castles)

You can swap between the primary and any of the secondary channels every 15 minutes, so it's basically acting like a shard, but you can jump between them. What I'm wondering is, why would anyone vote for an arbitrary wall between users when the developers can clearly scale up and decrease as much as they want? 

Posted

You can still talk to people via chat. Channeling, if it's anything like otherbmmos, should be easy with a click of a button. 

Posted

The primary channel is the only one where you can do territory control stuff (castles)

You can swap between the primary and any of the secondary channels every 15 minutes, so it's basically acting like a shard, but you can jump between them. What I'm wondering is, why would anyone vote for an arbitrary wall between users when the developers can clearly scale up and decrease as much as they want? 

Thank you for the clarification, and yeah, I dunno. I don't know what the capacity of a channel is, how a single channel would handle a large load. Maybe for cautions sake the smaller channels are just a safe guard to prevent crashing right out of the gate? Just my random thought.

Posted

I knew that Daum goes with middle way :)

There we go medium sized megaservers :)

Posted

If it works as you described, that's a great question.  Whey make two when one would work just fine.  But, i'll wait and see.