• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

This class gets me addicted to grinding, lol

26 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm not the big fighter and doing a lot of life skills. I got a kuno on 56 which was pre-awakeing really fun, a sorc and witch on 57 and a valk on 58, which I loved to play with just before dk comes out cause it need some skill to be good with it. But all those didn't keep me on the battle ground for more than about two hours till I get back to do some lazy like skills.

Playing the dk however now, this speed is insane playing it using a lot of dashes (shift+a/s, shift+w) and unveiled dagger (f), air strike (w+f), enforcement (s+rmb) and slanted balance (s+lmb).
With rage absorption it is a tornado :D

It is so much fun that I'm staying at the grind spot almost all the time leading in that I neglect all my trading, cooking, alchemy and processing tasks which making me otherwise a huge profit.

How about you?

2 people like this

Posted

the sad thing is that you don't even use it after awakening!

Posted

the sad thing is that you don't even use it after awakening!

Really? I love switching with my valk, and I hated that the kuno didn't let do me that after awakening and I stopped playing it. 

I'm really keen on to see how the dk will change with awakening^^

Posted (edited)

Really? I love switching with my valk, and I hated that the kuno didn't let do me that after awakening and I stopped playing it. 

I'm really keen on to see how the dk will change with awakening^^

it's pretty 90% awakening 10% normal stance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLwp_Y1y8mQ&t=132s

Edited by Angryman

Posted (edited)

Yep, has nothing to do with grinding, but anyway, dok13 makes some great pvp dk vids ;)

Edited by Pohoda

Posted

But that's a PvP vid, not PvE grinding.

You do realize that with awakenings you get a substantial damage increase in your abilities right?

You will be using your awakening skills for pve.

Posted

You do realize that with awakenings you get a substantial damage increase in your abilities right?

Just let the normies do what they want. They can't be helped. 

Posted

argh, that's disappointing, I really like pre awakening messer combat.

Posted

Just let the normies do what they want. They can't be helped. 

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=normie

Sounds you are already in bdo addiction problems... Hope you find help for your mental illness ;)

It's not all about just damage. By now for me cc's and dashes are important too as well as the heal of corruptous ground. The speed I can knockout several mobs, is what I really like and might be a start to kill them afterwards with the huge damage of an awakening skill. Vice versa, it looks like dk gets several distance attacks, so switching weapons on distance might be also interesting. But I don't know, I want to see/feel it, when we got it. Vids and information before kuno got it's awakening, I was expecting more, but for me, it was disappointing after playing it some days.

Posted

Well you can farm pirates with pre awakening skills anyway. So what is the problem? :) Same as ppl farm Valencia mobs. As some pre awakening skills are really strong...

Posted

I couldn't stand DK grind. It was boring and felt slow like molasses. So I got the rewards and sold everything

Before you say undergeared (200/282). 

Posted

Really, ok. Maybe a matter which skills and combos you used, just pressing shift-f might be boring and slow and for sure it's a matter of taste - good we have a lot of choices. What's your main class or which one makes you most fun to play?

Posted

I couldn't stand DK grind. It was boring and felt slow like molasses. So I got the rewards and sold everything

Before you say undergeared (200/282). 

how grind can be fun? Moving from one pack to another, continuously presing same combo over and over again. With you ap you should be fast as hell by melting packs...

Posted

theres tons of streams up on twitch, especially early morning in NA.

they literally teleport/dash (no collision) through packs and the mobs just die

Posted (edited)

you can use your pre-awakening set if you love pve/grind and if you don't mind to be efficient/competitive in pvp.

But you put a bullet in your foot even in pve.

The korean publisher said they will boost the pre-awakening to be in par with the awakening set so in the future you will be happy but when?i don't know...

that don't change anything you will use your awakening set in pve more than in pvp,i will be 100% -0% but as i said play like you want.

Edited by Angryman

Posted

how grind can be fun? Moving from one pack to another, continuously presing same combo over and over again. With you ap you should be fast as hell by melting packs...

Movement was meh not that amazing(but then again i main maehwa with chase lol), attacks feel slow af even tho i have 5 attack speed. Damage was decent since it has pretty good scaling.

Just felt too clunky for me so oh well. 

Posted

Found a korean video where a mixing of pre- and awakening skills is used. That looks promising for me ;)

Movement was meh not that amazing(but then again i main maehwa with chase lol), attacks feel slow af even tho i have 5 attack speed. Damage was decent since it has pretty good scaling.

Just felt too clunky for me so oh well. 

Understand. If you mean a maehwa, the dk can feel slow.

Posted

Found a korean video where a mixing of pre- and awakening skills is used. That looks promising for me ;)

looks nice.

Posted

BTW the player in this video is level 57 so they lack the flow skills of level 58, meaning the switch to preawaken for long grinds is needed in order to wait for some cool downs but once they hit 58 preawaken is no longer needed.

Posted (edited)

BTW the player in this video is level 57 so they lack the flow skills of level 58, meaning the switch to preawaken for long grinds is needed in order to wait for some cool downs but once they hit 58 preawaken is no longer needed.

and he is not as effective as me with no awaken,crappy gear crappy gameplay....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwOlHtUNi_Y

Desillusional wave

Edited by Angryman

Posted

what mobs are those he's fighting in the video?

Posted

what mobs are those he's fighting in the video?

Bashims

Posted

and he is not as effective as me with no awaken,crappy gear crappy gameplay....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwOlHtUNi_Y

Desillusional wave

Totally op... 100+ more AP than needed. He could made the goblins near olvia too, won't make a difference. Where's the fun in that?

Posted (edited)

Totally op... 100+ more AP than needed. He could made the goblins near olvia too, won't make a difference. Where's the fun in that?

where the fun in grinding same IA with less brain than a monkey?With 200+ AP and without awakening my grinding session look like that too.It s not fun but it s really effective.

I do it for money and xp and take pleasure with the real content "gvg and node wars".

Whatever the spot he will grind like that,i see vid from player in kamasilvya,you know what "they never switch to non awakened" and for a good reason "you are vulnerable,no super armor,no frontguard"(except 2 skills) and you are squishy as hell.

Why  will you go in close combat when you can nuke from distance without taking hit?

.You are discovering the game it's ok "you love your black knight and your grind session" but i want to have this conversation when you will be lvl 60 :P

Edited by Angryman

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0