• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Cherry Blossom Screenshot Contest [Winners Announced]

187 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Just wow. I read the comments on the results before I even looked at which ones were picked to be the winners and you are so right. Those "winning screenshots" are so meh. There were so many people who had gorgeous screenshots out there.

Don't mean to dis but like, what?! That Rumplebottom screenshot has got to be the laziest of them all. Just stand behind your character and press print screen in a random location, and the tree even looked like just another random tree in the fall, I would have never assumed it was even a Cherry Blossom tree without knowing it because of the theme.

There's NO WAY they took the time looking through all the submissions, and for the people who actually put in effort it was a complete waste of time. Definitely disappointed in this competition for sure, won't be participating in another one. Even if I didn't win, there were so many more who deserved it versus the ones that were chosen. >_>

Hi Rumplebottom here. I was surprised they picked that one as well, i wanna know why tbh cause i had alot better pics taken.

alas I thank you for the win. I was really hoping to.

Edited by quickblaze49
2 people like this

Posted

@CM_Aethon 

Is there a way to adjust what screenshots I personally see when the patch comes through that puts the winners up? Like what file folder would that be in? I want to use the ones I liked instead.

6 people like this

Posted

I was really hoping this one would have gotten something. I didn't care if I didn't win anything myself and nor do I even know the person who took this one but found it to be well shaded and something showing the beauty of BDO. Grats to the winners though!

Thank you! :$

I also was shocked that some gorgeous screenshots other people posted did not win.

I think they must have chosen four at random, but who knows    ?????

Posted (edited)

Thank you! :$

I also was shocked that some gorgeous screenshots other people posted did not win.

I think they must have chosen four at random, but who knows    ?????

you had the only actually nice "dirt road" picture :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly I feel like everybody should've gotten the cherry blossom earrings as a reward for entering, or something, so all that effort doesn't feel completely unappreciated.  

I just want to feel like I didn't waste hours taking screenshots for this disappointing contest.

Edited by Kyndragon
4 people like this

Posted

These screen shots do not compare to the ones I've seen, RNG winners definitely. 

6 people like this

Posted

OH boy, I can feel the laziness from the admins, if you just look up the hashtags they were so many prettier ones, from different angles through different filters and in higher quality and resolution, feeling sorry for those who actually made the effort to participate in this event.

9 people like this

Posted (edited)

If they don't care about the contest then they shouldn't hold one -___-
This was so stupid, disapointing and disrespectful to people that spent a lot of time and effort trying to find the right place, angle, filter, light, time of the day...etc

I myself took a lot of time on this and after browsing twitter/FB wasn't sure I even stood a chance becouse there were so many beautiful posts.
After seeing the winners? I laughed cause it was such a joke! 

There are some of my entries...

xwafq6K.png
T6RcuxL.png
6BNBLQA.png
jTj5x5n.png
YKu9KcX.png
g4JygT7.png
DOFfD5v.png
Gzvx6Jg.png
The last two are more experimental...blossoms in background and focus on characters.

Edited by Silvite
9 people like this

Posted

This was so stupid, disapointing and disrespectful to people that spent a lot of time and effort trying to find the right place, angle, filter, light, time of the day...etc

I myself took a lot of time on this and after browsing twitter/FB wasn't sure I even stood a chance becouse there were so many beautiful posts.

Hidden Content

Those are really nice screenies Slivite!

I made few too but was late to upload. Thought the event was untill 29th... stupid flu! ;-;

2017-03-28_126348575.thumb.jpg.594f746de2017-03-28_126121450.thumb.jpg.6339cbbc92017-03-28_125999770.thumb.jpg.39c45520d2017-03-28_124937663.thumb.jpg.392ab4c732017-03-28_123869284.thumb.jpg.7756d04f72017-03-23_44198861.thumb.jpg.f7fc4f6ae9

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I know them feelz. =( Btw, your 2nd one is so gorgeous! I remember seeing that before I even took mine and it reminded me of a fairy-tale painting.

The ones below were my boyfriends favorites of the ones I took. I spent at least a few hours running back and forth to places waiting for the lighting I wanted and everything. In this one, I specifically waiting for a ship and a bird to be in position before I took it. Such a slap in the face from the admins to everyone who put in all that effort. >_>

17553881_10158538248450473_7242079508565

17554278_10158538250470473_8061015164750

Edited by Hellkitten

Posted

I know them feelz. =( Btw, your 2nd one is so gorgeous! I remember seeing that before I even took mine and it reminded me of a fairy-tale painting.
The ones below were my boyfriends favorites of the ones I took. I spent at least a few hours running back and forth to places waiting for the lighting I wanted and everything. In this one, I specifically waiting for a ship and a bird to be in position before I took it. Such a slap in the face from the admins to everyone who put in all that effort. >_>

Hidden Content

Aww thank you :) tha's Alice in wonderland pic to me hehe

Those are really nice screenies Slivite!

I made few too but was late to upload. Thought the event was untill 29th... stupid flu! ;-;

2017-03-28_126348575.thumb.jpg.594f746de2017-03-28_126121450.thumb.jpg.6339cbbc92017-03-28_125999770.thumb.jpg.39c45520d2017-03-28_124937663.thumb.jpg.392ab4c732017-03-28_123869284.thumb.jpg.7756d04f72017-03-23_44198861.thumb.jpg.f7fc4f6ae9

Aww well as this contest turned out I dont think you missed much :'D 

1 person likes this

Posted

Here's mine. Not impressed with the winners either, but the rest of the thread with other screenshots is pretty awesome!

2017-03-23_231857298_zpsqkcqw1mk.png

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It's starting to feel like the admins are ignoring us, I asked a perfectly reasonable question about my personal ability to change the loading screen pictures, and there is total silence on their side.

I suppose if they didn't care about the contest, they wouldn't bother to care what we thought of it either.

Edited by Kyndragon
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I've stopped taking part in these competitions so right now I'm an independent critic :P. I also have a feeling that they picked screenshots using some kind of RNG method. I don't have intention to offend anyone, but in my honest opinion that among top 4 only Sier's picture is a solid winner.

@shosholada

<deleted> Edit: Pffff... I take back the request. No need anymore.

Edited by Seasoul

Posted

I should have posted it

2017-04-01_1281067360.JPG

Posted

I am appalled and disappointed. Not by the winners, but by the responses to the entries that have won, the comments are outright rude and unnecessary.

I do feel as though it'd be better if every participant was awarded a small gift for entering, but congrats to those that have won. It's a community event and the comments couldn't be less congratulatory or supportive.

2 people like this

Posted

Hidden Content

Exactly same for me, i was trying to take pictures when there was semi-dark in the day and lightning, and another picture where  i  was sitting in a blossom tree, but most of the trees make you jump through them when u try,  i  finally found a tree  i  could sit on, up at the arena in Heidel, got knocked down a few times at the arena trying to get to the tree xD I love your second picture!blossom3.thumb.jpg.b6c80a1de22d5fd2332bd  

Posted (edited)

There were so many beautiful shots submitted, demonstrating a great eye (composition) and a meaningful time investment. Anyway, congrats to the winners. 

IMG_0498.JPG

IMG_0499.JPG

Edited by Islarose
2 people like this

Posted

Hidden Content

Silvete can you maybe share your nr 2 picture to me in a message? i would like to have it as background on pc :x the best thing about this event is i can get to share pictures

Posted

RNG Winners :$

Posted

wow, whats the point of even trying? Lol the admins don't even try. It's literally RNG; there are a plethora of better ones out there, besides mine there are so many actually nice ones, not to bash the winners, but I'm sure even they posted others that were better like rumplebottom did. Oh well, rng is rng

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

the winner screeshot are really not that nice, but whatever.

Broken event with mandatory social media pub + crap price, & poor taste. 9_9

What a worthless "event" just made to do some social BDO advertisment

Edited by woots
1 person likes this

Posted

2017-03-28_126348575.thumb.jpg.594f746de2017-03-28_126121450.thumb.jpg.6339cbbc92017-03-28_125999770.thumb.jpg.39c45520d

Your ranger is so well done! Are you open to sharing her creation? 

If not, I totally respect that. I'm just in awe :o That's the best looking character I've seen in BDO

Posted (edited)

@Seasoul @Vorkrunne :$ Thanks guys for such nice words, but I have really bad experience from sharing my main characters looks so, unfortunately I have to say no :c sori...

Edited by shosholada

Posted

@Seasoul @Vorkrunne :$ Thanks guys for such nice words, but I have really bad experience from sharing my main characters looks so, unfortunately I have to say no :c sori...

No problem! Just share more screenshots of her! :D She needs her own thread and fan following lol

1 person likes this