• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Resisting CC as a Wizard

20 posts in this topic

Posted

I know I'm not the best, maybe even below average, but man am I having a hard time finding ways to avoid CC. Our teleport cooldowns are a little too long when going up against most other classes with CC, even Witches with a little more range on the CC. Most fights are even unless I just get blown up, but during the even fights or even the fights I am winning, the moment I get cc'd its all over. I am either stunned or knocked down for what it seems like years and just take in all the freaking damage. It's rather frustrating. I'm rather broke in game and need to figure out what I need to do about my armor, whether or not I need to go full rocaba for evasion etc... Boss gear is out of the question since I am completely broke and RNG is a terrible ex taking all my child support. So I'll have to slowly grind up money for another gearset.

Posted

Welcome to Awakened Combat. First CC generally determines the outcome of the fight.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sadly its kinda true :(

In a high gear enviroment AP/ACC outperform most others and so the first one who gets a success with CC has a huge edge which results in winning most fights. Obviously this is kinda different in large scale fights but also there its overall true. The side with the better engages or more efficient zerkers are usually the side who ends up winning.

What u can do in small scale is to get a habbit of moving all the time, use your superarmor and frontguards to be hard to cc. Know your enemy and his animations to predict or bait CC cooldowns and counter with your own. Needs alot of practise but is very rewarding. Sure maybe its not the best way or most balanced design but its the one we actually have to deal with. Lets hope for more interesting changes in the future.

Posted

if you lack the hp and dr to survive your enemies combos & bursts, which is pretty normal, the best or almost only thing you can do is just stand still and spam through your full rotation of spells to keep up your super armor & frontal guard all the time, ONLY use your teleport if you think you're about to get grabbed, its our only iframe. With some luck or if your opponent is dumb enough, he might try an engage and maybe even lose.

vs zerkers: V -> gamemenu -> escape

1 person likes this

Posted

in 1on1 do what this guy does. :https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3V18CkGPWEbZPCc7hd7dEQ

in mass fights u can use this simple skillchain: hellfire -> aqua jail -> cataclysm -> bolide -> telport out -> some ranged attacks or support skills ... rinse and repeat.

only need to watch for too much received dmg, an incoming grabber and be careful with the hellfire engage, because it has only front guard.

U can switch the aqua jail, bolide and cataclysm around. Depends if u have 100% ready.

The bolide is last so u receive hits to load ur 100%.

2 people like this

Posted

Rocaba is a pretty insignificant amount of evasion, and I would still aim for full boss. If you want evasion, it's more about crystals, offhand, and possibly accessories. But definitely take the advice from these other guys about avoiding CC in the first place. 

Posted

something that i too can get better at is to weapon swap as that gives u a short block, enough to avoid dmg/short cc, closely followed with a quick dodge in staff form right after weapon swap so you get super armor-which extends your "evasive move", being able to avoid a hit/cc fully. It's a neat trick to do when your main skills may be on short cd (like sometimes w+f may have a slight 1 sec cd between shift+f or something else making u unable to chain a block/sa).

Posted

Yea I went up against a DK and Ranger at pirates yesterday, DK was probably a higher level, ranger was maybe the same. I had to really time my teleports or evasion. As witch I used to set up a block and evade and since most Witch skills have super armor I would bait them in. As wizard it's much harder. The fights were pretty even but that ranger was so freggin fast and I just couldn't keep avoiding the cc. I'll check out that video. I'm only on Agerian atm but I definitely need to work on a set with two gem slots so I can add evasion gems etc. Do cc resistance gems work good enough?

Posted

Rocaba is a pretty insignificant amount of evasion, and I would still aim for full boss. If you want evasion, it's more about crystals, offhand, and possibly accessories. 

Accessories with evasion? That's interesting.

Posted

in 1on1 do what this guy does. :https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3V18CkGPWEbZPCc7hd7dEQ

in mass fights u can use this simple skillchain: hellfire -> aqua jail -> cataclysm -> bolide -> telport out -> some ranged attacks or support skills ... rinse and repeat.

only need to watch for too much received dmg, an incoming grabber and be careful with the hellfire engage, because it has only front guard.

U can switch the aqua jail, bolide and cataclysm around. Depends if u have 100% ready.

The bolide is last so u receive hits to load ur 100%.

Yea this guy has great footage. I completely forgot about the block that my s lmb+rmb. He seems to cast a lot faster than me. Does casting in awakened form passively increase in levels? (I'm just 57 atm). I know the Awakened buff and speed spell help a ton but he seemed much faster than that. His awareness is great. I'd like to see him more in the open world though.

Posted (edited)

Accessories with evasion? That's interesting.

Centaur belt DP is 100% evasion

Bensho necklace is about half evasion, half DR

All of the DP on Sicil necklace is evasion

Manos ruby earrings give 5 evasion each

Hesus rings give evasion.

Of course the most efficient of these for a hybrid build that can still kill people is Centaur belt and Sicil necklace. So in a "true" evasion build you'd want at the very least full boss gear, TRI/TET, evasion offhand (Parrying Dagger or Rosar), evasion crystals, and Centaur Belt + Sicil. Like I said I don't think the 5 evasion from 2 piece Rocaba is worth it compared to the 100hp, 1% cast speed, 10+ accuracy that you give up for it. 

Yea this guy has great footage. I completely forgot about the block that my s lmb+rmb. He seems to cast a lot faster than me. Does casting in awakened form passively increase in levels? (I'm just 57 atm). I know the Awakened buff and speed spell help a ton but he seemed much faster than that. His awareness is great. I'd like to see him more in the open world though.

He's probably using Spell Speed (20% cast speed) and possibly some casting speed addons. I try to keep spell speed on cooldown at all times. It's a huge difference. 

Edited by Kutsuu

Posted

Of course the most efficient of these for a hybrid build that can still kill people is Centaur belt and Sicil necklace. So in a "true" evasion build you'd want at the very least full boss gear, TRI/TET, evasion offhand (Parrying Dagger or Rosar), evasion crystals, and Centaur Belt + Sicil. Like I said I don't think the 5 evasion from 2 piece Rocaba is worth it compared to the 100hp, 1% cast speed, 10+ accuracy that you give up for it. 

Yea, a strong wiz in my guild uses Rosar for PVP but he's gear so even with Rosar he has 190+ AP and around 300 DP. I currently have a Pri Sicil and Pri Seraphs with the seraphs I am 185 with sicil 183 and the extra 5 DP, not sure if that's worth more considering its ONLY pri. How do we know these accessories are 100% evasion?

Posted

Yea, a strong wiz in my guild uses Rosar for PVP but he's gear so even with Rosar he has 190+ AP and around 300 DP. I currently have a Pri Sicil and Pri Seraphs with the seraphs I am 185 with sicil 183 and the extra 5 DP, not sure if that's worth more considering its ONLY pri. How do we know these accessories are 100% evasion?

IMO Evasion doesn't really matter until you have the TRI Muskan + TRI Dim Tree + Rosar/Parrying dagger evasion stack going for you. Just tacking on 5 evasion to an AP build without an evasion offhand or boss gear will mean people are still fully penetrating your evasion regardless. 

Posted

The best way to avoid CC, like others have stated is to know your skills and when to use them. This might be a little easier said and done on a witch (I don't know the specific details of wiz skills for awakening as I've never played a wizards awakening) but I know that wiz has super armors and frontal blocks as well so the concept is the same. Knowing the skills of your opponent is also important and can come in handy but even without that knowledge, keep this basic thought in mind...if they are attacking you, their aim is to CC you and then finish you. 9/10 times the string of attacks will always be, CC then damage and keep in mind that their attacks will also have super armor and blocks on them. When players are attacking you head on, most times they will be attacking with an attack that grants them some type of guard while they attack but also has a CC component. If you are responding with an attack that has only a CC component but no frontal guard, you will be successful in not being CC'd (so long as the skill is active) but you will most likely take heavy damage, leaving you in a bad state for their next attacks. My method is to meet attack with attack. If I'm being attacked with a skill that grants an opponent with a block, I attack with a skill that grants me a block. The only time this isn't true is IF they are attacking with a skill that only grants them a SA/CC component but no block soo to make this easier:

Opponent uses SA w/CC, no block = You use Block w/CC

Opponent uses Block w/CC = You use Block w/CC

Opponent uses Block = You use Block w/cc, grab, SA w/CC etc

The only time you want to try to eat through someones block is if you know that you have the time/distance and AP to do it

There's a couple different things you can do but knowing how to chain your skills and what rotations to use is the most important. Using your teleport in unpredictable patterns is another way to throw people off. If you ever wanna practice just let me know.

Posted

I'm not saying you're lying, but what's the source? I heard something opposite.

Posted

Kinda sad they didn't data-mine accuracy.

they said accuracy was server-sided for some reason, so not possible to datamine it.

Posted

they said accuracy was server-sided for some reason, so not possible to datamine it.

Now I wonder if there are accuracy cheats.

Posted

Now I wonder if there are accuracy cheats.

Not for a server-side value. AFAIK from various reports I've read on the situation, the original client had all character stats stored client side and people were cheating. They moved everything server side, but left at least some of the client side files that were datamined. 

1 person likes this