• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

KR Tamer patch note 23rd March *new skill*

25 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

[Tamer]

● Description of Whip Wand III (Whiplash? Trample?) skill has been revised.

- Wield 3 times → Wield 4 times

● Space Thunderstorm Explanation of increasing attack range according to skill level has been deleted.

- The scope of the technology actually applied is the same as before the update.

● Echo Pierce skill has been improved.

- Damage figures have been adjusted as the damage calculation method has changed.

(The figures have been adjusted downwards, but the actual PVE damage has been increased and PVP damage is the same due to the change of calculation method.)

Before change (front strike / rear strike)

III 1045.2% x3 strike / 999% x3 strike

After change (forward strike / rear strike)

III 801% x3 strike / 745% x3 strike

- Added the phrase 'spinning opponent on hitting (but not for player)' in the technical description.

- Celestial Bo Staff: Added resonance stab skill. (Celestial Bo Staff: When acquiring resonance stab skill, damage of resonance stab skill is concentrated on the front.)

*Update 1* yes it is a new skill, screenshot here

*Update 2* after patch skill test. Something has changes with range of the skill.

Edited by Keldorn

Posted

thanks for the info!

that skill kinda looks like an echo flow, doesn't it?

Posted (edited)

thanks for the info!

that skill kinda looks like an echo flow, doesn't it?

Its a flow for sure. I can find a screenshot of the skill itself :/

*edit* there is one. Video on 0:53

Edited by Keldorn

Posted (edited)

(The figures have been adjusted downwards, but the actual PVE damage has been increased and PVP damage is the same due to the change of calculation method.)

250% difference and they says it is the same ...

That sounds sticky... 

I just hope that the Echo Flow will compensate the nerf...

Edited by rximmortal

Posted

250% difference and they says it is the same ...

That sounds sticky... 

I just hope that the Echo Flow will compensate the nerf...

No nerf. KR tamer confirmed that damage hasn't changed.

Posted (edited)

So, if its not a nerf, maybe they should explain the method calculation or something like that? xD We only saw -200 % xD. And nice for a new skill! Hope useful for us

Thanks for info and translation :D

Edited by YunnoGasai

Posted

Seems like the flow made front and back hits into 2x front. Unless im watching it wrong

@lvl 60 echo pierce is already hitting hard as heck, this is...Shudder...

Too bad it's a flow and can't be abused with lbp

Posted

They've reduced the damage and also the percentage applied for the same number of hits. How have they figured it's the same damage?

Posted

I gladly sacrifice half of echo damage for double or triple aoe range :). This way at least echo will connect some times :D

Posted (edited)

I gladly sacrifice half of echo damage for double or triple aoe range :). This way at least echo will connect some times :D

I am okey with that :P

They've reduced the damage and also the percentage applied for the same number of hits. How have they figured it's the same damage?

We can believe what KR players said or just wait to our patch and test it :D

Edited by YunnoGasai

Posted

from patch notes:

"The figures have been adjusted downwards, but the actual PVE damage has been increased and PVP damage is the same due to the change of calculation method."

KR Player comment:

http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=4167&l=29607

Posted

from patch notes:

"The figures have been adjusted downwards, but the actual PVE damage has been increased and PVP damage is the same due to the change of calculation method."

KR Player comment:

http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=4167&l=29607

ah, ok, makes sense now. do we know how the flow is triggered and what level requirement is?

Posted

ah, ok, makes sense now. do we know how the flow is triggered and what level requirement is?

23.03.thumb.png.fa0ae4dd4dbce4552585262a

lvl56. I can't translate this text with google :/

Posted

Here is zizzi's video and explanation/opinion on the new skill.

It doesn't sound like a buff, but not exactly a nerf either. 

So basically, pointless change? lmao. 

Posted

Wait...so the echo pierce skill hasn't actually changed? It only changes if you add the enw flow skill?

Posted

Wait...so the echo pierce skill hasn't actually changed? It only changes if you add the enw flow skill?

It's like full moon except its for echo pierce. It a separate cooldown damage increase to the skill.

Posted

Nice buff. Basically u deal the 2 hits of echo frontal now , not one front and one backward

Posted (edited)

It's like full moon except its for echo pierce. It a separate cooldown damage increase to the skill.

It's not a flow, there's no CD.

It's a very weird skill since you can't turn it on and off, and it's lvl56, so it's basically a big life decision(sorta, almost never get a back attack anyway)

It seems to mess with combos, since it has a bit extra animation, but in terms of overall improvement, it lowers the combo count, which I suppose helps with lag input and extra super armor time.

It may irk people who do combos a certain way, but I see no real down side to it in terms what we use echo pierce for.

But at this point, they keep giving tamers more damage...we'll be able to brute force our way into seige.

Edited by Kuu

Posted (edited)

It's not a flow, there's no CD.

It's a very weird skill since you can't turn it on and off, and it's lvl56, so it's basically a big life decision(sorta, almost never get a back attack anyway)

It seems to mess with combos, since it has a bit extra animation, but in terms of overall improvement, it lowers the combo count, which I suppose helps with lag input and extra super armor time.

It may irk people who do combos a certain way, but I see no real down side to it in terms what we use echo pierce for.

But at this point, they keep giving tamers more damage...we'll be able to brute force our way into seige.

I am so god damn tired with google translate and korean sites. I suppose that means the skill points for it are 3. Thank you for the accurate info.

I wonder how it is messing with combos. The extra animation should be covered by the additional stiffness application. 

Also don't think this was about lag. At 56 bj cancels completely outshine echo pierce so it needed some love.

More brute force may be good.

Tamer has always been the odd one out of the assassin group. We aren't the fastest, we don't have stealth, all we can have is a large pool of resources to entrench an area.

Without better damage tamers aren't assassins, they are turtles. If we are suppose to be female berserkers they should at least adjust our health pool. Even the safest combo doesn't protect against back attacks.

Anyway hopefully they don't focus too much on trang embargo ditch when black wolf bird still needs some love. Sorry I mean, on tamer, and when Heilang. Again screw google translate.

Edited by Kentigem

Posted

Ok now I'm understand how it works. The new skill "echo stab" adds a second hit to "echo price" (zizzi's video 0:58). It does more damage(1:23) and range too .

Question is how much damage is added. Is it 801% x3 strike x 2 hits or 801% x4 strike?

Posted

But as far as I understood, it also deletes the backhit of echo. So it's somehow like changing the backhit for a second front hit 

Posted (edited)

But as far as I understood, it also deletes the backhit of echo. So it's somehow like changing the backhit for a second front hit 

But i can still see the back attack animation. I hop this is true, this would be a great buff to echo.

*edit* sometimes i am blind. Self Quote from patch notes "Celestial Bo Staff: When acquiring resonance stab skill, damage of resonance stab skill is concentrated on the front." So its a buff for front damage from 3135% to 4638%.

Edited by Keldorn

Posted (edited)

In my opinion, the flow is a nerf on some conditions :

- if the PVP damage is the same

- if it does add a slightly longer animation to echo (which causes switching into other skills more painful) 

Now we'll never know how its applied and how it feels until we receive it in 2 or so weeks. 

Edited by Kukiko

Posted (edited)

[Tamer]

● Echo Pierce skill has been improved.

- Damage figures have been adjusted as the damage calculation method has changed.

- Added the phrase 'spinning opponent on hitting (but not for player)' in the technical description.

- Celestial Bo Staff: Added resonance stab skill. (Celestial Bo Staff: When acquiring resonance stab skill, damage of resonance stab skill is concentrated on the front.)

If what they wrote is true. Than Echo is buffed as -----.

I think that sometimes old (echo) manages to hit laying on ground opponents with both frontal and backward hits and the damage is INSANE.

So now we can just always hit with full echo on frontal. Don't see how this can possible be called a nerf.( of course if what they wrote is correct ).

Plus you can always cancel the echo with other moves so the slighty longer animation ( which is not sure that it is longer ) is not a problem.

So for example the most basic combo of tamer that manages to delete nearly everything will do even more damage. Which is:

- MoonStrike , Vermilion , (New Echo) , Legendary Beast Dance.

Edited by rximmortal

Posted

We'll just have to wait and see, having a hard time looking for PvP videos of KR tamers as usual. (Missed Zizzi's stream yesterday to see a difference :< ) 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0