• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Massive lag spikes on NA after last patch - unplayable - 100 mbit metro area fiber connection

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Never had this problem before, my connection is generally rock solid. Can easily hit 90mbits in speed tests.

Even a 20-person boss fight will start triggering constant rubberbanding, not being able to attack, sorc shards not draining/recovering, etc. Did the maintenance team do something wrong?

It's like the server is processing my skills 10 seconds after I cast them, meanwhile rubberband-porting me all over the place.

Edit: I've tried on S2, S3, S5, M5 and C5 with very bad results. C2 has been the only channel that's worked for me without constant massive lag.

Edited by Hzazul
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Same. Every channel's chat has been complaining about it, especially since the patch (I've gone through Calph, Mediah, Valencia channels most recently). 

I'm getting 6-10 seconds of lag this morning, at 75-100mbps from my local provider (direct/wired connection, refreshed client, no other programs running, sole user on network, etc. etc. etc.). I'm experiencing it even standing still, fishing. I also noticed it yesterday while circling through world bosses (especially at Tree). Seeing as this is widespread across the user base, it makes me think it isn't something that can be brushed off as an error on our side/client side. @GM_Dew what's going on? Is this a problem with your servers? Does it have to do with the cherry blossom event or pre-loading kamasylve? Is there some unknown interference affecting all US users (lol)? It's not sustainable either way. 

lag.PNG

Edited by Islarose
detail
1 person likes this

Posted

Can hardly even ride the horse, and that is only after Maintenance too :S

Posted

My connection is fudged.

You guys on the west coast?

Posted

Still getting lags here- everything was fine prior to the Maintenance...

Posted

God awful lag before and after todays node war on calph 1.
Multiple guildies experienced it. Some even got booted from game a few times during the war.
You know it's not just a persons when PC when a whole guild is suffering. Enemy guild were as well.

Posted (edited)

Adding to this are the Desyncs, suddenly happening post-maintenance

It's impossible to auto-path training horses like this, among other things :/

Edited by Llyrion
1 person likes this

Posted

I also noticed the lag when talking to people in chat and collecting the fish when fishing and the NPCs.

This is the reply i got from my ticket

Thank you for contacting the Black Desert Online Customer Support and your interest in the game.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, our team will investigate the matter and take any necessary action.
Due to the nature of this type of investigation we will not update you with any further progress to your ticket regarding this.

They are not going give us details of why because if they where i would't of got the reply above.

Due to the nature of this type of investigation we will not update you with any further progress to your ticket regarding this.

Posted

I don't know if this help any but what i've noticed is the lag intensifies greatly when world bosses spawn and everyone floods to them across all channels. Just did Karanda (died) because the lag was just too horrible. Before she spawned everything was running perfect with no problems. This happened all day yesterday too.

Posted

I've tried bring these issues to the GM's attention via customer service and the forums, as wwell as twitter, and just get the usual "it's on your end" reply.

How they can be ignorant of these problems, which were bad before and now ridiculous since the last patch, I can't even fathom. If they ARE aware, they seem to be wholly unwilling to do anything about it.

I've had my fun with CS over this, I suggest whoever is willing send in a ticket.

Posted

I've seen those "anyone have lag?" on chat and I just laughed because I never lag... Till 3 hour ago while at cadry's farming elites.  A sudden severe lag/desync got me killed and costed me 40million worth of crystals (2 x 20mil Offhand Awakened Spirit Crystal). 

This severe lag is like this: enemies suddenly don't attack you, your attacks don't damage them, nothing is moving... then suddenly you get teleported 20 steps backward with 10-20 cadry fighters mauling you to death instantly in fast forward.

The lag was so bad that I after I got up using elion tear and jumped down the mountain to get out of there, the lag brought me back up to where I was 10 seconds ago just to be pummeled by cadry.  Potions weren't popping, "v" was doing anything escaped with 100 hp.  Horse died too because of that lag.

Before you start playing, be sure to have a video capturing software on standby, so you can turn it on for stuff like this.....

Posted (edited)

I have sent a ticket about this as well, I think 2 days ago?
I got a response pretty soon after sending the ticket, which is as follow:

----------------------------------------------

"Hey there :)

Thank you for contacting the Black Desert Online customer support regarding your issue. I'm GM Horizon, here to assist you with your request.

It could be possible that you need to clear your DNS cache.

Most operating systems and DNS clients will automatically cache IP addresses and other DNS results, this is done in order to speed up subsequent requests to the same hostname. Sometimes bad results will be cached and therefore need to be cleared from the cache in order for you to communicate with the host correctly.

In order to clear your DNS cache, please follow these steps:

- Open the start menu and type "cmd" in the search bar. If you are using Windows 8.1/Windows 10, simply type "cmd" after opening the start menu.
- Right click on Command Prompt and click "Run as administrator".
- Type in the command "ipconfig /flushdns" (without the quotes).
- If the command was successful, you will see the message "Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache".

Additionally, you can also reset your TCP/IP using the following command in the Command Prompt (keep in mind, you will need administrator rights):

netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

*After the reset is complete, make sure to restart your computer.

TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) is the basic communication language or protocol of the Internet. When you are set up with direct access to the Internet, your computer is provided with a copy of the TCP/IP program just as every other computer that you may send messages to or get information from also has a copy of TCP/IP. Sometimes, TCP/IP settings might be improperly configured or corrupted, and will need to be reset.

Please do let me know if this works for you!

Best Regards,

GM Horizon

Black Desert Online Customer Support"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This helped especially with desync, and I don't get as much lag now, too.
Hopefully it helps someone else!

Edited by Llyrion

Posted

The lag is really bad on Mediah 3. A little less of an issue on other channels for me, but I can't train horses on any channel. It kicks me off the mount and reloads every few minutes. I don't usually have issues with lag and I run high graphic settings. The last few days, I've turned all my settings down to potato mode, and it isn't helping. I've already flushed dns..

Posted

its been really bad on serendia 3 too.

It's the servers as multiple people are all having lag issues.

Posted (edited)

I can confirm in my case that today's patch did not resolve this. Neither did flushing DNS cache or resetting TCP/IP settings.

It seems being on certain channels minimizes the intermittent spikes while other channels are absolutely unplayable. Here are some channels that have been terrible for me:

- Bal 1

- Calph 5

- Serendia 2, 3, 4, 5

@GM_Dew please at least let us know if you have received our feedback. People with very strong connections that have never had lag spikes before have started having them following patch day of last week 3/22/2017.

Edited by Hzazul

Posted (edited)

This is especially disconcerning when we're doing node wars and im just all over the place.

Edited by adRocZ