• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Would you pay for a premium service with high quality guides, a profit dashboard, dedicated support and an app?

Would you pay for a premium service with high quality guides, a profit dashboard, dedicated support and an app?   121 votes

1. 1. Would you pay for a premium service with high quality guides, a profit dashboard, dedicated support and an app?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

46 posts in this topic

Posted

This is predatory as ----- and you're asking people if they want it?

Are those "top players" getting a cut of the money at least?

Posted

No, I dont need that service. It's really easy to find information online without paying for it. If I want advice from so called "top players" there's multiple Korean Twitch streamers to follow.  

However, I'd pay money for an app that let's me login and manage parts of BDO from my cellphone/tablet. But that's something PA&Kakao would have to develop themselves. Strange they haven't already, since they do a lot of mobile stuff.

Posted

Care to elaborate further on the custom support from so-called "top ranked players"? :D

(... no)

Posted

I guess a fair question is, how much of the information you'll be providing to others for a fee was provided to you for free?

1 person likes this

Posted

in general i think most of the players would not pay for it

IMHO , since BDO has no good app in play store, i would pay UNA TANTUM a good app that provide what u are talking about (for example something like 0.99 or 1.99 €) BUT, honestly, for a skilled player, online you can find that kind of imformation.

One thing i would pay ?

I would pay a LEGAL add-on to interact with the game itself like write or read in the chat , make a screenshot , give beer etc.. it is something u find easily in some games ( i remember that i find it in first year of anarchy online .. that i think most of you neither knows about :D )

I know for sure that exist (existed) a discord add-on that makes this kind of things but it was illegal and so it could cause ban (or it caused ban :  this is the reason why i didt use it)

Posted

you'd probably need to extend your service into in depth and extensive PvP guides from the top players of their class, with the upcoming arenas people might see more interest in such

1 person likes this

Posted

An actual in-game app with regular updates and support? Hell yes. Current kakao wiki is pathetic we need an alternative.

Posted

I'd pay if it went towards optimization.

Posted

I would only sub if

do I still need it if im already making minimum of 100m a day?

does it have anything somethinglovely.net doesn't?

does it have a live up to date price on all traders?

Sounds legit if you have to say it twice under the same topic. Can you send us a pic of your full TET gear at least? If you're not in full TET by making 100m a day, you should probably quit BDO.

Posted

No I would not pay for this as we already have this information available for free as is. I also wouldn't trust a player created overlay system to not be considered 3rd party bannable considering how sensitive the anti chest software is.

Posted

Its not a bad idea it just needs to offer something more than that, because paying to access a website where you can get all of that info for free with a bit of digging is plain dumb.  

Like even if you somehow were able to get your hands on enchant rates or accurate failstack percentages or even all the hidden stats that items provide it would leak and be available elsewhere.  

Now if you somehow build a community around it, maybe develop in depth video guides, get some entertaining banter going and have some sort of web type show/podcast then maybe?  I dunno, even then that would rely in having a likable persona because stuff like that is already available.

I really enjoyed and Appreciated your ideia about the community and podcasts. Thanks.

I'm sure someone out there would use it, but to be honest there's some very community-minded people out there who are happy to provide high-quality information and fund the project off of web-banner ads and other things that have no cost to the user.

You may wish to consider going with that business model and let the quality of your content bring people in.

Our ideia is bring some of them to produce content for our site. When a said that you will get custom support from pro players, they will, of course, recieve a % of the site's earnings. "You may wish to consider going with that business", we might consider going with this model depending on how this poll goes.

This is something I might pay for but it depends on the quality of the information available.  I currently spend a lot of time searching for information on BDO, more so than any other game I've ever played in the 18 years I've been a MMORPG gamer, so having good quality information in one spot plus everything else you mentioned might convince me to subscribe.  I would certainly give it a try at launch.

We're planning to give everyone the possibility of a 10(or so) day trial or your money back.

Thank you guys for your opinion.

I really appreciate it.

This is predatory as ----- and you're asking people if they want it?

Are those "top players" getting a cut of the money at least?

Yes, they're going to recieve a % from the site's earnings.

in general i think most of the players would not pay for it

IMHO , since BDO has no good app in play store, i would pay UNA TANTUM a good app that provide what u are talking about (for example something like 0.99 or 1.99 €) BUT, honestly, for a skilled player, online you can find that kind of imformation.

One thing i would pay ?

I would pay a LEGAL add-on to interact with the game itself like write or read in the chat , make a screenshot , give beer etc.. it is something u find easily in some games ( i remember that i find it in first year of anarchy online .. that i think most of you neither knows about :D )

I know for sure that exist (existed) a discord add-on that makes this kind of things but it was illegal and so it could cause ban (or it caused ban :  this is the reason why i didt use it)

Anything that goes beyond an overlay might be considered as a cheat so, no, until kakao allow us to develep addons we won't be able to safely do stuff like this.

you'd probably need to extend your service into in depth and extensive PvP guides from the top players of their class, with the upcoming arenas people might see more interest in such

Yeah, PvP will be a great point of focus for us.

No I would not pay for this as we already have this information available for free as is. I also wouldn't trust a player created overlay system to not be considered 3rd party bannable considering how sensitive the anti chest software is.

Since it doesn't interact directly with the game and doesn't mess with any dll or alter any content from the game it would'nt be considered 3rd party bannable. It'll work like  discord and overwolf overlays.

Thanks for you time and opinion guys.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

So .. is "pay" to have other "players" help you?.

If thats the cause .. hell no.. why would i, when i can just goggle/reddit etc.

Edited by Ryon

Posted (edited)

Sounds legit if you have to say it twice under the same topic. Can you send us a pic of your full TET gear at least? If you're not in full TET by making 100m a day, you should probably quit BDO.

yes

OO0djr4.png

I blew up shit from going to pen, yes, I'm attempting to pen right now.

anyway, can you answer my question now?

Edited by GamePois0n

Posted

I doubt you'd get much interest when Dulfy, Somethinglovely and Incendar cover pretty much everything for free. 

2 people like this

Posted

We’re developing a web site and we need opinion from you. It’s going to offer you premium services for a small price. It’ll feature:

-         High quality premium and always up to date guides.

-         Be ahead from others, our guides will cover updates directly from korea so you can be ready before others.

-         Custom support from top ranked players.

-         A full customizable professional dashboard where you can manage all your incomes and calculate your profit per day/month/year so you can project all your goals.

-         Overlay app which will allow you to acces all our features from in game without needing to alt-tab nor stop your game play.

-         Equipment calculator, horse breeding calcutor, farming/gathering/leveing routes, nodes management and failtstack optimizer.

Honestly, you have nothing worth paying for based on that list.

Guides are everywhere and... to be honest... Black desert is not that complex.

Korean updates? These generally appear on reddit and in these forums. Korean game is not forced to be the same as here anyway.

Support from top players? I can get that in guild.

Dashboard - A fancy excel sheet. pointless.

Overlay - Why? Theres already too much crap on the screen while playing BD without adding to it.

Equip calculators are everywhere and to be honest, not even needed. Horse breeding calc already exists online. The routes are not needed since resources are common enough. Node management - you will never beat somethinglovely.net failstack optimiser is available online too.

Sorry to be so negative but i don't think you have a single thing i cannot find elsewhere aside from an overlay i would hate anyway.

I will give you a suggestion though. Do not charge and get your revenue via advertising. If everything was in the same place you will get the hits to make it worthwhile just from google searchers - as long as you know hot to push the rankings.

1 person likes this

Posted

I doubt you'd get much interest when Dulfy, Somethinglovely and Incendar cover pretty much everything for free. 

This

As much as i would love to see this side of the game to develop more in this side of things but can't vote yes since ppl mentioned above plus bddatabase covering pretty much all, there is even a good enchanting app i use, nevertheless good luck with your project.

1 person likes this

Posted

This game needs a site like Wowhead is for WoW. However, that site has literally everything you could want and is free. The charging of 5 dollars is ridiculous.

Something like wowhead requires a dedicated fanbase, what BDO doesn't really have. People can't even be bothered to edit the wiki, who the hell would run bdohead?

Posted

No

Posted

If you build this site it will be a waste of your time. Also what "top players" and how much is the cut they will get? Because I know a couple of the top players and they aren't doing this... sounds like dulfy but with a price tag lmao

Posted

a large portion of what this service offers is already out there, like on pages like somethinglovely.net

Posted

bad idea and will never work. Informations from paysites are nearly 100% of the time outdated/wrong or they are not even there... look at other sides for other mmos...

you will keep your service up to date for a month, then u realise you make only 100 $ a month and then you wont bring the same effort into it anymore. If you had maybe realy "top" players included, some fan-boys might try it but... what is your "top" player base?

As a fan service to gain usergenerated content too it might work if you realy deliver a long time new stuff. But behind a paywall you will never reach the critical amount of players to make it worth.