• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

So if youre never going to invest in good servers....

36 posts in this topic

Posted

Could we at least get some common sense steps taken... Like... No AFK'ers on a node war channel to start?

8 people like this

Posted

Could we at least get some common sense steps taken... Like... No AFK'ers on a node war channel to start?

slaughter the kids, wa

Posted

They ain't doing it, benefit for us players ain't never their interest, all they care is how much $$$ we put in their pocket.

Posted

I log out when lag is bad. Makes it unbearable to play, so I don't.

Posted

Just stop rewarding afk all together. 90% of the population on at any given time is afk, get rid of it and the lag wouldnt be a issue. it's amazing how smooth the game runs the first hour or so after maintenance.

4 people like this

Posted

Do nodewar/siege on a different server would help, doubt they gonna do it though, not willing to invest a single penny for the good of the comunity.

Posted

Servers actually got minorly downgraded a few months ago to make many channels have that crowded sign to make the game not look dead.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Were servers this bad when I was in Vegas last week testing real life rng? 

I even brought back money to buy more...well, now, I'm not buying nuuuuuthing!

Edited by thegr8n00dle

Posted

Technically, tis not the servers that are the problems atm, tis their contract with their ISP.

1 person likes this

Posted

Technically, tis not the servers that are the problems atm, tis their contract with their ISP.

^ this, run ping test then compare to direct (true) connection (resource manager) you will see this is the issue!

Posted

Just stop rewarding afk all together. 90% of the population on at any given time is afk, get rid of it and the lag wouldnt be a issue. it's amazing how smooth the game runs the first hour or so after maintenance.

As someone who spends way too much time afk in the game, I would absolutely adore this.

Imagine if training horses was actually possible in a timely manner? If you could process those 50k logs your goblins harvest in less than a week?

I hated when they implemented auto looping into our version :(

Posted

San Jose.

Posted

They should let you afk process / train when the game is closed, having to run your pc 8h a day is very taxing on your electricity bill.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

They should just have node war/PvP channels where all mobs are perma removed and there is no karma loss on pvp. Also, please give us practice towers so we could do practice node wars at any time with dec'd guilds.

Edited by Nimalla

Posted

@CM_Aethon @CM_Serenity

As I said in every topics:

PC Specs

• GTX 1070
  • i7 6700K
  • 16gb RAM DDR4 3200
  • Game installed in SSD Samsung Evo 850
  • 300/300Mbps FFTH with 31ms latency with the BDO Server

Cant go to kill karanda because desync + graphic lag + body blocking + tons of stuff in ground making me unable to "run".
My skills casts few seconds later than I did. The skill appear, the animation appear but the damage is 0.5~s later.
Knockdown someone and hit it .... but wow IS NOT THERE! is 1 meter away to where is supposed to be.

As many of us, we paid for the valuepack for example, every single month, which is like a monthly suscription. And every end-game place is the worst game experience I've had. 
Nodewars with:

• Invisible hawtcha
  • Invisible flametowers
  • Ruberbanding
  • People which is invisible and you MUST watch the radar inorder to run or hit someone (yes, because the game is really bad optimized and people load few seconds later)
  • Freezing gaphics (few times, but still there)
  • Graphic lag
  • Pop-in (few times I got stuck because a fence or fame loaded over my horse LOL)

Same for Redbattlefield
Same in Raidbosses plus wasting of Gems and Eliontears if you do main.

Yesterday was a perfect example of really bad infrastructure where people got a tons of D/C unable to relog again because the launcher didnt work.
Today I was D/C like few guildmates, my electrical company is proud of you.
@CM_Aethon @CM_Serenity

Crowded servers which allow more people to enter but the lag is insane.

I have the feeling you're waiting for the casuals or newbies to leave the game and things related to server load go back to the normality, but patience is finite and you're taking ours.

What the hell do you want? a x3 GTX 1080 Ti + 2 XEON CPU + optical fiber attached direct to the server?

And they keep ignoring me.

Posted

Nodewars on B1 were unplayable last night, constant crashing for some of our guys leading to chunks of players just logging out for the night.  Its terrible

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

They should let you afk process / train when the game is closed, having to run your pc 8h a day is very taxing on your electricity bill.

People always say this, and it's always false.  Its not "very taxing".  Your A/C is.  Your refrigerator is.  You computer is pennies.  (you can find this info very easily online, but should be kinda obvious anyway)

Some sort of automated training when you log off would be great, but not for a company that designed a game for KR PC cafes.  The whole point of half the  AFK stuff is to keep people logged in at a cafe. AA is the same way. Stay logged in 5 hours, doing nothing, and you get some rewards or RNG boxes!

At least  BDO has a minimized mode that works fine.

If the game was made by some company outside of  KR I'm sure we wouldn't have all this afk stuff going about.

Funny how when the game was laggy last night, trolls still had enough energy to say it was because people failed to buy alienware computers. Those with alienware had no issues at all, none.

Edited by Luciferia

Posted

doubt you even know what a server is.

Posted (edited)

People always say this, and it's always false.  Its not "very taxing".  Your A/C is.  Your refrigerator is.  You computer is pennies.  (you can find this info very easily online, but should be kinda obvious anyway)

Some sort of automated training when you log off would be great, but not for a company that designed a game for KR PC cafes.  The whole point of half the  AFK stuff is to keep people logged in at a cafe. AA is the same way. Stay logged in 5 hours, doing nothing, and you get some rewards or RNG boxes!

At least  BDO has a minimized mode that works fine.

If the game was made by some company outside of  KR I'm sure we wouldn't have all this afk stuff going about.

Funny how when the game was laggy last night, trolls still had enough energy to say it was because people failed to buy alienware computers. Those with alienware had no issues at all, none.

Well depending on the computer, it could be way more taxing than a small 10000 btu air conditioner. If some one had say a 1200 watt PSU, 2 290x and a amd 9290 or what ever its called at 5 ghz. That would use more than 1000 watts a hour, so for that would equal 20 cents a hour. My ryzen and 1080ti, prolly only use half that so 10 cents. Who are you to say to some one that 10-20 cents a hour isnt alot of money.  That equals 72 bucks a month, if some one is charged 20 cents a kilowatt hour, with a computer averaging 500 watts a hour, for 24 hours for 30 days. So 72 bucks a month is not nothing. As for your comparison to a refrigerator or ac, neither of those run 24 7, they cool down the area, and turn off. So a refrigerator unless you poked holes in it, or broke it some how, prolly only runs something like 2 hours total a day. 

Edited by Makasoul

Posted

Totally fake news dude.  Stop spreading misunderstanding.  You know people who can't think will perceive your post as something logical.

Some people spend 70 bucks a year running their computer....who realistically is spending 70bucks a month? No one on this forum.  Pixar or Lucas rendering images for animations non-stop maybe.

People these days with no ability to think rationally...thank  Donnie.

Posted

doubt you even know what a server is.

No we are all stupid, only you know on whole planet what server is , kakao ----- sucker

Posted (edited)

Totally fake news dude.  Stop spreading misunderstanding.  You know people who can't think will perceive your post as something logical.

Some people spend 70 bucks a year running their computer....who realistically is spending 70bucks a month? No one on this forum.  Pixar or Lucas rendering images for animations non-stop maybe.

Your the one spreading lies. If some one with a computer that uses 500 watts, which is any computer that is capable of running this game at max settings, and runs that computer for 24 hours a day for 30 days playing BDO, the cost if they are charged 20 cents a kilowatt would be 72 bucks. I give you math, and you come back with nonsense, your like those people on infowars, that think the world is flat, and try to convince them its not. 

As for the charge per kilowatt, that is what I get charged per kilowatt 20 cents, its actually more like 22, so yeah if your in a city, and you only get charged 9 cents a kilowatt obviously the price would be less. Your nonsense of lumping the entire world into one person you, who gets cheap electricity, and saying every one else is stupid for thinking a computer uses a lot of power is just that nonsense. 

Sitting here idle on my horse, my CPU is using 50 watts, which a ryzen uses alot less power than a i7, since its a 65 watt chip, my 1080 is using something like 280, the rest like 100. So if I just walked away, and left this thing on for 24 hours like this for 30 days, I would use 264 kilo watts. 264 x .20 equals 52, If my computer was a old beast like a 290x, my bill would be 104 a month or more. I mean come on now this is basic math. 

My old overclocked 290x water cooled cpu, which I used a camper water pump which was like 300 watts, and pumped the water in my basement, and a overclocked 3570k, used more than 700 watts a hour just for the computer. The bill when I ran that baby for the month was increased more than when I used a air conditioner. 

Edited by Makasoul

Posted

This is, of course, assuming North American prices on electricity and oh boy you don't know how good you have it on this point do you?

Posted

kakao ----- sucker

That's MSCertified Kakao ---- sucker to you.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This is, of course, assuming North American prices on electricity and oh boy you don't know how good you have it on this point do you?

He apparently doesnt. I live in North America, but my electricity costs more than the average European according to this. Energy costs are on a continuous upward trend in Europe. In 2015 the average residential consumer's electricity price was 20.8 cents per kilowatt hour (cents/kWh), a 24% increase from the average price of 16.7 cents. kWh in 2010. These average values vary significantly across the European Union, ranging from 9.4 cents.

Of course that is assuming that is USA currency. My last electric bill was 25 cents a kilowatt, but it goes down a bit in the summer.  

My friend though who lives in the city about 20 miles from me, pays under 9 cents. 

Edited by Makasoul