• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

So if youre never going to invest in good servers....

36 posts in this topic

Posted

The game supports AFK activities and so the performance of serves needs to handle 90% of players being online 24/7 at any given time.
I think Kakao EU very badly estimated the popularity of BDO, simply they didnt count with so many players.

Posted (edited)

This is, of course, assuming North American prices on electricity and oh boy you don't know how good you have it on this point do you?

That doesn't change anything really. Unless you don't have  A/C, hot water and all that good stuff.  (ya know stuff that actually makes noticeable impacts each month) Your relatively small PC doesn't use as much power as people like to make it seem. Its almost always grossly exaggerated. Of course if its really such a huge impact on ones life  they can always shut their PC off right? 

I'm not gonna pretend any significant number of people pay 70 US/E a month for a single computer's electricty. Especially for BDO. It was an extreme example, that went off the deep end and doesn't help any real discussion.  It also ignored the point that your  PC doesn't use 100% of its maximum capacity all month, but w/e.  Most people arent running at 5ghz with 1200w psu either. 

The argument that it would be great to AFK train horses when you log off  is a valid one for sure. I think it would be a great feature. 

Edited by Luciferia
1 person likes this

Posted

\I'm not gonna pretend any significant number of people pay 70 US/E a month for a single computer's electricty. \

chrome_2017-03-24_11-30-07.thumb.png.74c 

Posted

chrome_2017-03-24_11-30-07.thumb.png.74c 

Servers don't count ^_^

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Servers don't count ^_^

...chrome_2017-03-24_11-30-07.thumb.png.74cchrome_2017-03-24_11-30-07.thumb.png.74cchrome_2017-03-24_11-30-07.thumb.png.74cchrome_2017-03-24_11-30-07.thumb.png.74cchrome_2017-03-24_11-30-07.thumb.png.74cchrome_2017-03-24_11-30-07.thumb.png.74cchrome_2017-03-24_11-30-07.thumb.png.74c.....

some day soon i will link my current(most recent) pc specs..... But right now, it's too soon for some to handle

Edited by War

Posted (edited)

Lag seems worth this these lovely trees. I'm sure it was not this bad last time.

Guys you really need the devs to help you fix this game on NA servers.

Edited by Ragnar Lodbrok

Posted

When it comes to computer server rooms, keeping temperatures and the overall environment controlled must occur twenty four hours a day due to constant heat generation. Relying on central air conditioning systems is not possible due to the fact that most systems are prone to shutoffs during weekends. Moreover, central air conditioners are complex appliances that have been known to suddenly fail. In our firm in Denver we installed Samsung by recommendation of guys from air conditioning company http://www.summitheatingco.com/ . They suggested us to buy a few of portable air conditioners 'cause they are ideal for keeping server rooms at the right temperatures +they have the ability to cool office spaces and computer rooms that house heat-generating electronics. 

Posted (edited)

When it comes to computer server rooms, keeping temperatures and the overall environment controlled must occur twenty four hours a day due to constant heat generation. Relying on central air conditioning systems is not possible due to the fact that most systems are prone to shutoffs during weekends. Moreover, central air conditioners are complex appliances that have been known to suddenly fail. In our firm in Denver we installed Samsung by recommendation of guys from air conditioning company http://www.summitheatingco.com/ . They suggested us to buy a few of portable air conditioners 'cause they are ideal for keeping server rooms at the right temperatures +they have the ability to cool office spaces and computer rooms that house heat-generating electronics. 

I am really not sure what you're implying or even responding to... but if you look up the IPs you connect to when playing on NA servers, they are owned by Leaseweb meaning the servers are most likely hosted in a datacenter where it's almost certain cooling is sufficient and redundant. 

Edited by Kutsuu

Posted

Can't even quest on a Monday due to lag/disconnects...

C'mon man...

Posted

People always say this, and it's always false.  Its not "very taxing".  Your A/C is.  Your refrigerator is.  You computer is pennies.  (you can find this info very easily online, but should be kinda obvious anyway)

Um, no.  I used a power meter to measure my ACTUAL electric usage for various appliances.  I left each item plugged in for two weeks to account for daily variation.

My computer costs me $23 per month for electricity.  (Running 24/7.)

My refrigerator is just under $3.  (Full-size refrigerator.)

Things that "should be kinda obvious" are often wrong.  Common sense is often wrong.

Posted

Hasn't their silence about this basically told us they don't give a shit and a  big old

----- OFF AND STOP COMPLAINING... ALSO GO BUY STUFF FROM THE CASH SHOP!