• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Items w/ gem CAN downgrade w/ neg karma

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Tested this out. Wanted to let ppl know b4 anyone went and lost a billion silver. @Thelle

1 person likes this

Posted

Can it degrade if an item is pri or higher?

Posted

Can it degrade if an item is pri or higher?

yes

Posted

this isn't anything new

negative karma + PvE death = potential enhancement downgrade and/or crystal loss

negative karma + PvP death = 0% chance enhancement downgrade, crystal loss still possible

2 people like this

Posted

this isn't anything new

negative karma + PvE death = potential enhancement downgrade and/or crystal loss

negative karma + PvP death = 0% chance enhancement downgrade, crystal loss still possible

Which is absolutely ridiculous.  I'm all for death penalites but how hard PK'ers are punished for basically zero reason or reward is pretty lulz game design.

Posted

Which is absolutely ridiculous.  I'm all for death penalites but how hard PK'ers are punished for basically zero reason or reward is pretty lulz game design.

Well, no. I don't like how Karma is so easily spent, but the sort of Dremlock, you can kill them over and over again when negative and it doesn't seem to have any discouraging effects whatsoever.

Posted

@dremlock, I was talking about pvp death as my later personal example in that thread illustrates (dying about 20 times in pvp and throwing sausans crystals in my gear). Neg karma pve degrades regardless of crystals. 

Posted

@dremlock, I was talking about pvp death as my later personal example in that thread illustrates (dying about 20 times in pvp and throwing sausans crystals in my gear). Neg karma pve degrades regardless of crystals. 

oooooooooh. 

ya gear never downgrades from pvp death. 

1 person likes this

Posted

this isn't anything new

Now that I wasn't aware of. In that case crystals don't matter for preventing degrade in pvp death.

Posted (edited)

How many players experience got destroyed, cause of lvl 60 pk them over and over again? How many was on verge of quiting game?

And now on other hand how many pk lost their TET gear, cause of pve death from being red? Like noone ever? How its punishing when noone ever was stupid enough to lost anything cause of this?

How sth is punishing when only biggest retard would ever fall for it? And since when pk should be rewarding? Wtf?

Edited by Dorsai
2 people like this

Posted

And you should be thankful for this because players like myself would bash your face in until you quit the game otherwise.

#idontlikeyou

Posted (edited)

How many players experience got destroyed, cause of lvl 60 pk them over and over again? How many was on verge of quiting game?

And now on other hand how many pk lost their TET gear, cause of pve death from being red? Like noone ever? How its punishing when noone ever was stupid enough to lost anything cause of this?

How sth is punishing when only biggest retard would ever fall for it? And since when pk should be rewarding? Wtf?

Only a fool would like your post or agree with remotely anything you've stated, aside for having THEIR OWN reasons for not wanting PvP to be rewarding for both parties. First of all, learn to come correct; how is it that you're trying to place emphasis on higher leveled players killing lower experienced ones when.... you flat out just lie saying people who are level 60 are intentionally griefing others to cause exp loss on death? You do know that Exp loss on death has been long removed, even before awakenings, and im pretty sure even before level 50 was no longer the hard cap. Only negative players lose exp on death in PvP.

That was taken away very early on when catfish camp was the place of choice to level after 50.  Also you don't know which person who had resorted to going negative karma has ever had an unfortunate event which led to them degrading their Tet gear. In fact I know of a player in my very own guild who did that this past fall season. His awakening weapon went from TET to TRI after he was slightly negative due to killing stubborn players who felt every spot in the game was theirs without PvP contest, despite who was there first. He decided to go to heidel to get something, got stuck on a fence and well, the rest was history when the guards came.

Being negative Karma is fun for no one, and when I go severely negative it's usually out of frustration; when im fed up with another group of players forceful advances into my grind spots, their unrelenting behavior and thier inability/unwillingness to work something out. I just let my PvP experience take over and let the gear do the talking. Sometimes you gotta do that. Everyone has to fight for what they believe in at some point and it happens for both parties. Grind spots in my personal opinion should be decided by player combat to an extent and so im glad KR made the Karma change, so that killing a player repeatedly in a short span of time doesnt result in karma loss. Someone wins and someone loses in that scenario and the game makes that clear. Right now the winner isnt the one who wins the fight, but the one who has less to lose. Sometimes thats the weaker player with no gear, no money and all the time in the world along with all the sass. Sometimes it's the bigger guy who runs cheap gems for this specific instance, and extra set of gear, or can replace his gems easily. Whatever the case is, neg karma sucks for everyone and it's more of an emotional battle then one of winners right.

Saying players will quit at the sight of PvP over a grind spot, with the potential of losing that spot, while possible is not really a fair way to argue the topic. It's not a make or break for the game. If you believe that the players who lose a grind spot to PvP and subsequently quit the game, make up a majority of the population in the game; what you're saying first and foremost is that the community at large are a bunch of immature chilren that cannot accept a loss. Also you devalue the game in comparison to other MMO's out there. Keep your personal preferences aside when discussing the helath of the game and it's population as it regards OWPvP. Often times people mix thier feelings for OWPvP and feel obligated to state as fact that those two things are not only closely related but impact each other directly. That is not the case. BDO has multiple avenues to play and you as a player could go a very minimal amount of time PvE, killing mobs in the least contested places on the masses of channels at anytime and never be pked in your entire time playing the game.

There are no lowbie victims in BDO today, only illogical rules as it regards OWPvP and grind spots.

Edited by Nexius
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Only a fool would like your post or agree with remotely anything you've stated, aside for having THEIR OWN reasons for not wanting PvP to be rewarding for both parties. First of all, learn to come correct; how is it that you're trying to place emphasis on higher leveled players killing lower experienced ones when.... you flat out just lie saying people who are level 60 are intentionally griefing others to cause exp loss on death? You do know that Exp loss on death has been long removed, even before awakenings, and im pretty sure even before level 50 was no longer the hard cap. Only negative players lose exp on death in PvP.

That was taken away very early on when catfish camp was the place of choice to level after 50.  Also you don't know which person who had resorted to going negative karma has ever had an unfortunate event which led to them degrading their Tet gear. In fact I know of a player in my very own guild who did that this past fall season. His awakening weapon went from TET to TRI after he was slightly negative due to killing stubborn players who felt every spot in the game was theirs without PvP contest, despite who was there first. He decided to go to heidel to get something, got stuck on a fence and well, the rest was history when the guards came.

Being negative Karma is fun for no one, and when I go severely negative it's usually out of frustration; when im fed up with another group of players forceful advances into my grind spots, their unrelenting behavior and thier inability/unwillingness to work something out. I just let my PvP experience take over and let the gear do the talking. Sometimes you gotta do that. Everyone has to fight for what they believe in at some point and it happens for both parties. Grind spots in my personal opinion should be decided by player combat to an extent and so im glad KR made the Karma change, so that killing a player repeatedly in a short span of time doesnt result in karma loss. Someone wins and someone loses in that scenario and the game makes that clear. Right now the winner isnt the one who wins the fight, but the one who has less to lose. Sometimes thats the weaker player with no gear, no money and all the time in the world along with all the sass. Sometimes it's the bigger guy who runs cheap gems for this specific instance, and extra set of gear, or can replace his gems easily. Whatever the case is, neg karma sucks for everyone and it's more of an emotional battle then one of winners right.

Saying players will quit at the sight of PvP over a grind spot, with the potential of losing that spot, while possible is not really a fair way to argue the topic. It's not a make or break for the game. If you believe that the players who lose a grind spot to PvP and subsequently quit the game, make up a majority of the population in the game; what you're saying first and foremost is that the community at large are a bunch of immature chilren that cannot accept a loss. Also you devalue the game in comparison to other MMO's out there. Keep your personal preferences aside when discussing the helath of the game and it's population as it regards OWPvP. Often times people mix thier feelings for OWPvP and feel obligated to state as fact that those two things are not only closely related but impact each other directly. That is not the case. BDO has multiple avenues to play and you as a player could go a very minimal amount of time PvE, killing mobs in the least contested places on the masses of channels at anytime and never be pked in your entire time playing the game.

There are no lowbie victims in BDO today, only illogical rules as it regards OWPvP and grind spots.

First by game experience i obviously didnt meant exp on character...Was thinking its obvious..

Second fact that your friend lost TET is his own fault only... Still like i said it happen extremely rare, compared to how many new players are bullied at sausan everyday by players who shouldnt keep farming in this spot in first place... But fact that so many idiots still are too lazy to do math and compare sausan to gahaz/pila ku is pathethic...

Third most players cant accept loss, not only kids... Thats simply how we are as humans... And it will never change... It doesnt matter if its BDO or other mmo, its same everywhere...

There will always be lowbie victims in pvp game... Thats just how mmo games works...

Edited by Dorsai

Posted

First by game experience i obviously didnt meant exp on character...Was thinking its obvious..

Second fact that your friend lost TET is his own fault only... Still like i said it happen extremely rare, compared to how many new players are bullied at sausan everyday by players who shouldnt keep farming in this spot in first place... But fact that so many idiots still are too lazy to do math and compare sausan to gahaz/pila ku is pathethic...

Third most players cant accept loss, not only kids... Thats simply how we are as humans... And it will never change... It doesnt matter if its BDO or other mmo, its same everywhere...

Why shouldnt players be farming there? If it's currently the best Money per hour/ skill point per hour in terms of efficiency? Sausans is the most  efficient if not second most efficient grind spot in the game for Our version and EVEN KR, only second to  Pirates depending on how you argue it. Again "most" people not being able to take a loss is your own faulty perception. I've met plenty of lowbie assholes at sausans and I've been THAT asshole to others (not as a lowbie of course). But the number of assholes arent really plentiful, most people can be reasoned with, but in the instance where PvP is the choice route to solve the conflict, those who are unwilling to take a loss and THEN subsequently QUIT the game after is really really low. You're over exaggerating the scenario.

Not to mention it's even less likely considering that there are designated servers in our version for new (and some old) players to grind uninhibited for the most part. There arent "TET" players going around Pking everyone.  By the time they leave those servers, they are probably really into the life skilling the game has to offer. People grinding mobs primarily for enjoyment of the game are generally geared and experienced enough to hold their own. You dont get better gear by PvPing, just sayin.

Posted

I know of a player in my very own guild who did that this past fall season. His awakening weapon went from TET to TRI after he was slightly negative due to killing stubborn players who felt every spot in the game was theirs without PvP contest, despite who was there first. He decided to go to heidel to get something, got stuck on a fence and well, the rest was history when the guards came.

pour one out for my fallen homie

172413-pour-one-out-40-for-my-homies-57k 

Posted

Maybe like 2 people in the history of bdo lmao

Posted

punish the psychopaths more.  Perhaps then they will learn to share.

Posted

Lineage 2 had a great anti pk System, if you're red and die you have a chance to drop everything.. from your gear to the item you have on your inventory.

Posted

Lineage 2 had a great anti pk System, if you're red and die you have a chance to drop everything.. from your gear to the item you have on your inventory.

Difference is in lineage 2 when you PK someone they lost XP.  IN BDo if you die to pk'er you lose absolutely nothing ever.

Posted

Carebear game is carebear

Posted

I dont know why they dont add a timer when u die. Its a easy solve for karmabombing

Posted

Difference is in lineage 2 when you PK someone they lost XP.  IN BDo if you die to pk'er you lose absolutely nothing ever.

Also it's take way more to to from red to white there.. here, 1 hour and boom.. you're clean.