• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CHANGE THE CD ON CHARACTER DELETION

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

If you want to improve quality of life, for the love of everything change the damn CD on character deletion. There is absolutely no reason for me to need to wait 24 hours on a character i didn't even spend 30 minutes on.

There's no argument to not making the 24 hour CD a choice thing rather than forcing everyone to wait as long. It's completely unnecessary 'feature'.

Please change it.

Edited by Ketoma

Posted (edited)

If you want to improve quality of life, for the love of everything change the damn CD on character deletion. There is absolutely no reason for me to need to wait 24 hours on a character i didn't even spend 30 minutes on.

There's no argument to not making the 24 hour CD a choice thing rather than forcing everyone to wait as long. It's completely unnecessary 'feature'.

Please change it.

I agree it would be nice, although there are a few reasons why it is so:

• Prevent potential abuse if you find a way to make money from making characters and deleting them,
  • Sell more Value Packs or Appearance Change coupons.
Edited by Lady Minuit

Posted (edited)

I agree it would be nice, although there are a few reasons why it is so:

• Prevent potential abuse if you find a way to make money from making characters and deleting them,
  • Sell more Value Packs or Appearance Change coupons.

Your first point is a bad solution to a potential money making scheme. If there's a problem, fix the scheme without affecting other features of the game. I don't think anyone could think of a scenario where you could make money by doing that and the only solution being that you'd have to patch in a cd on character deletion. It's like saying a class has too much damage on several skills and rather than nerfing the skills, pulling down the AP on their weapons.

As for the second one. Buying VP'S and selling them has a limit on the market and it's family bound.

Edited by Ketoma

Posted (edited)

Your first point is a bad solution to a potential money making scheme. If there's a problem, fix the scheme without affecting other features of the game. I don't think anyone could think of a scenario where you could make money by doing that and the only solution being that you'd have to patch in a cd on character deletion. It's like saying a class has too much damage on several skills and rather than nerfing the skills, pulling down the AP on their weapons.

As for the second one. Buying VP'S and selling them has a limit on the market and it's family bound.

For my first point, I'm not really good at finding schemes.. but I know you get  a little bit of money when creating a character (3k I believe), so potentially you could automate it to create a 1000 character a day and make 3,000,000 a day. This just an example as of how you could potentially abuse it.

Sorry it wasn't clear on my second point. What I meant by this is, if I can delete my character right away, it gives me the chance to edit my character in the character creation until I'm satisfied with it, thus not needing the value pack or appearance chance coupon potentially. I agree this might not be the case for everyone, but that might take away from potential buyers anyway.

There might be other reasons I didn't think of too.

For the record, I too would love to be able to delete characters quickly as I like creating alts even temporary ones. But sometimes we have to accept that we live in a world of opportunists!

Edited by Lady Minuit

Posted (edited)

Please change it.

It is 24 hours to prevent rage delete + saving potentially hacked accounts (decreasing the amount of tickets sent to support respectively)

Edited by Isteria
2 people like this

Posted

For my first point, I'm not really good at finding schemes.. but I know you get  a little bit of money when creating a character (3k I believe), so potentially you could automate it to create a 1000 character a day and make 3,000,000 a day. This just an example as of how you could potentially abuse it.

Sorry it wasn't clear on my second point. What I meant by this is, if I can delete my character right away, it gives me the chance to edit my character in the character creation until I'm satisfied with it, thus not needing the value pack or appearance chance coupon potentially. I agree this might not be the case for everyone, but that might take away from potential buyers anyway.

There might be other reasons I didn't think of too.

For the record, I too would love to be able to delete characters quickly as I like creating alts even temporary ones. But sometimes we have to accept that we live in a world of opportunists!

That's extremely inefficient and 3 million silver is nothing. Daum gives you more than that for free and by doing that, you hold your own account hostage because you can't do anything else with it which is an even worse penalty than the silver you gain from it. You'd only be gimping yourself.

As for the second point, you can already do that every 24 hours, you can call it inefficient or impractical but your first point was as well so it solves nothing. I'm only debunking your points in case daum reads this and wants to use it as an excuse.

It is 24 hours to prevent rage delete + saving potentially hacked accounts (decreasing the amount of tickets sent to support respectively)

No reason for it not to be a choice. Also hacked accounts still are saved after 24 hours(even when deleted), there's numerous cases of people getting everything back even after deletion. Daum has power over that.

Main point is, if your account is hacked and someone does anything bad with it, they are most likely selling your stuff on the market and buying it with their own account. If anyone compromises your account, you will make a ticket about it, even if they did nothing, just as long as you know someone else you don't want your account to have is on it, you will make a ticket. So the amount of tickets are NOT decreased. As for rage deletions thats your fault, besides, its even worse in reality. There is an option in the ticket section for 'deleted items', if thats no problem then deleted characters aren't as well.

Posted (edited)

That's extremely inefficient and 3 million silver is nothing. Daum gives you more than that for free and by doing that, you hold your own account hostage because you can't do anything else with it which is an even worse penalty than the silver you gain from it. You'd only be gimping yourself.

It might be inefficient, but nevermind that, it is still potentially a bad thing for the game to have people abusing the system and it unbalance the economy. Also I said 3 millions, but probably could be more, all depending how fast you're setting it to go. I was very conservative in my assessment, but important part is it is possible to abuse it somehow.

As for the second point, you can already do that every 24 hours, you can call it inefficient or impractical but your first point was as well so it solves nothing. I'm only debunking your points in case daum reads this and wants to use it as an excuse.

As for second point, well, it was one of the main reason I used the value pack at first and so I'm sure I'm not the only one. 

Main point is, if your account is hacked and someone does anything bad with it, they are most likely selling your stuff on the market and buying it with their own account. If anyone compromises your account, you will make a ticket about it, even if they did nothing, just as long as you know someone else you don't want your account to have is on it, you will make a ticket. So the amount of tickets are NOT decreased. As for rage deletions thats your fault, besides, its even worse in reality. There is an option in the ticket section for 'deleted items', if thats no problem then deleted characters aren't as well.

Hacking is also a very good reason why it is so restricted. It might not save everyone, but surely it helps some people that get hacked.

I'm really not against you and I appreciate the debate, I am merely trying to show you why it was added in the first place and why they won't remove it: because they learned from past mistakes from other MMOs.

Most MMOs now have delays on character deletion, but you look at old MMOs and they didn't have this feature, because they didn't realize how people could abuse it. 

Edited by Lady Minuit