• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

So, no armor/weapon progression...

43 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

For real? Same looking piece of armor all the way to level awsome?

No crafting armor or weapons that has different looks to it?

Why am I supposed to play this game at all then?

Edited by breke

Posted

Not necessarily

You could craft some clothes and pay to convert them into a skin or buy a skin directly from cash shop.

Boobs physics?

Posted

Pearl shop. You can try to buy outfits from the marketplace that's how I got all mine.

1 person likes this

Posted

There's small variations between some of the different armour sets although they are all very samey looking and most people just seem to go full Grunil anyway. Upgrading to things like boss gear if anything looks much worse. There's craftable costumes you can wear, however to wear them over your armour you have to buy a cash shop coupon or buy a cash shop outfit directly. I'm not sure if the whole idea here was to make outfits unappealing in game so as to spend money or what. I'm actually finding because of personal taste, I like the in game outfits better as the cash shop alternatives to me are skimpy or puffy/silly looking for the most part.

Progression wise you enhance your gear to get better stats but this does not alter the appearance at all. I had the same mentality when I started the game, I'm really big on customisation and I do feel it's lacking in this department. The game has so many other features however that it's taken a back seat and not really a concern anymore. You can level to the soft cap in 1 - 2 days if you want at which point, you'd just be in end game gear anyway.

You can see some of the outfits here: http://bdo.mmo-fashion.com/

3 people like this

Posted

Kaythulu summed it up best.  You can get to lvl 50 or so in relatively short time.  After that is when we can complain about lack of variety.  Once you get a boss defense gear set, you will look at it for the rest of your life....

Tree spirit armor is ugly as sin, so might as well get a pearl outfit at some point since you'll want to cover that thing up.

Posted

I don't know, why ARE you playing this game? If you can't answer that question yourself, then save yourself the trouble and quit now.

Posted (edited)

Uh well thx for the replies guys and gals.

Makes it kinda hard to stick with this game if u ask me. Sure it might be fun when its brand new, but with no long term goals (getting that nice armor etc) to work for its not gonna cut for me.

I don't know, why ARE you playing this game? If you can't answer that question yourself, then save yourself the trouble and quit now.

Im playing the game because im trying it out...finding reasons to play, testing it. Uh not really sure why u ask this hehe.

And yes, if I dont find any reasons to play I will quit...obvioulsy. Dont see any reason quit now, there is still aspects of the game that I havent tried.

Edited by breke

Posted (edited)

Uh well thx for the replies guys and gals.

Makes it kinda hard to stick with this game if u ask me. Sure it might be fun when its brand new, but with no long term goals (getting that nice armor etc) to work for its not gonna cut for me.

Im playing the game because im trying it out...finding reasons to play, testing it. Uh not really sure why u ask this hehe.

And yes, if I dont find any reasons to play I will quit...obvioulsy. Dont see any reason quit now, there is still aspects of the game that I havent tried.

Let me break it down for you.

This game is about hitting stuff in the face to get loot so you can upgrade your gear so you can hit nastier stuff in the face to get even better gear so you can eventually hit other people in the face.

Or drive around with a wagon selling mushrooms, LSD and heroin to villagers.

Welcome to sandbox games. :)

Edited by Kaenada
2 people like this

Posted

It would be nice if they let us convert in game armors as costumes.

2 people like this

Posted

boobs physics .... ye ye u rait u rait

Posted

welcome to #NOTWOW.

trick to like BDO , 1 forget everything you think you know about MMOs because you played WoW for 10years.

This game is about hitting stuff in the face to get loot so you can upgrade your gear so you can hit nastier stuff in the face to get even better gear so you can eventually hit other people in the face.

and ultimatly shit on everyone during castle siege because you're overgeared as fck because you kept going and became a raidboss

Posted (edited)

Yeah I started with Dark age of camelot in the 90s, went to Anarchy Online from there and then SWG so BDO wasn't something new, it was return to my late teens :)

Edited by Kaenada

Posted

Yeah... After -----ing stupid RNG ingame cosmetics are the second worst thing... (cant count desync and similar since its hardware problem, not design one)

Posted (edited)

Yeah... After -----ing stupid RNG ingame cosmetics are the second worst thing... (cant count desync and similar since its hardware problem, not design one)

What..? Are you telling me you don't want to walk around in this quality, high fashion garment? Madness!

Seriously though, I died a little bit inside when I saw the current end game armour xD

2016-08-02_229432394.jpg

2F6700A000000578-3361311-image-a-27_1450203620115.jpg

Edited by Kaythulu
2 people like this

Posted

Yeahhh that's pretty much it.  There's little to no armor customization.  (outside of the cash shop)  There's generally one armor that's best for your class, and that's all you'll ever use.

Posted

Short answer

$

1 person likes this

Posted

BDO's a little different than most MMOs.  Getting armor/weapons generally isn't the hard part, it's upgrading it that takes time.  

Posted

'-'...

oh god,those newbies...

Posted

I said the very same thing more than a year ago and it's still true today. xD

Posted (edited)

Don't be afraid to quit. I had fun for a month and not surprised I'm already considering moving on. Enjoy a game until you don't anymore. There are many games out there to try and it's not possible if you literally marry one of them. xD

Edited by Redfeather75

Posted

Don't be afraid to quit. I had fun for a month and not surprised I'm already considering moving on. Enjoy a game until you don't anymore. There are many games out there to try and it's not possible if you literally marry one of them. xD

Or you could join a criminal cult and marry various games :D

Posted

well... In technicality, you can make each armors have totally different aspect...

But that's a territory I'm not allowed to speak of here.

Posted (edited)

Yea hehe sandbox indeed. Ive played my fair share of sandbox games over the years. Compared to other more pure sandbox games, like Mortal Online or Darkfall, BDO is more in the themepark category. Just because u can run around in a big open world dosent make it a sandbox game.

BDO is mostly a quest driven themepark grind mmo. There are some sandbox elements, but if u think ur playing a sandbox mmo...lol

Edited by breke

Posted

You essentially just summed up MMORPGs in a nutshell.

Posted (edited)

Yea hehe sandbox indeed. Ive played my fair share of sandbox games over the years. Compared to other more pure sandbox games, like Mortal Online or Darkfall, BDO is more in the themepark category. Just because u can run around in a big open world dosent make it a sandbox game.

BDO is mostly a quest driven themepark grind mmo. There are some sandbox elements, but if u think ur playing a sandbox mmo...lol

It's sandboxy because of the worker and trading system and the node war system. The ability to plop down a house doesn't make a game a sandbox. And please don't mention those games in public, someone might think you've actually spent time on those abominations.

You essentially just summed up MMORPGs in a nutshell.

Not really. You can't get the best gear in the game in most other games by driving around with a wagon for a few months.

Edited by Kaenada