• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Implement the Korean karma system into NA/EU

42 posts in this topic

Posted

The current karma system sucks, people will just karma bomb till someone is negative and then try to kill them. This system is changed in KR where you don't lose karma on a target after you kill them once for 10 minutes. Please change it to this system please and thank you.

2 people like this

Posted

I certainly don't like the way the current system is abused. However, I feel that system would just create an entirely new system where people freely attack others and steal areas with little to no ramifications. In my opinion, this just creates an entirely different issue and the strong will almost certainly abuse the weaker players. Perhaps, there's a happy medium between the two or an entirely different system that would work better than either though.

Posted

Karma bombing? Now? No, that isn't a thing. There is very little ramifications these days as opposed to now. Just kill a few mobs and you are back to where you were. The lack of a ramification is now something that people heavily abuse to bully people in-game. I have never karma-bombed anyone but I also don't want to be bullied out of an area because some dickhead has decided that they don't want to share. Seriously, there are a LOT of people that will run down a mountain when they see a person in "their" area even when the spot that the other person is in is not even in their rotation. It would be better to have an option to add to party when in range to cut down on the bullshit. (A button coming up when in range of another person, with higher karma loss if that person decides to attack a person that has shown an interest in sharing an area.

Posted

Karma bombing is just something PVP griefers made up when players refuse to be bullied out of an area by either returning or using tears they paid for. 

The karma system is ok the way it is.... in fact I say it isn't punishing enough, the amount of karma lost when killing someone unfairly should be increased. 

No such thing as karma bombing... 

4 people like this

Posted

karma system really needs a change, i dare any gm to go do one weekend on pirates and still like the game after that. its just horrible. 

every goddamn 2 hours someone comes along to grief and when you nicely ask them if they could move to a solo spot instead of ruining your 5 man partys grinding they just tell you to f*ck off and if you pk them theyll just tear up/run back till everyone is out of karma and laugh in your face

if you want people to keep playing in the long run you cant allow crap like this to go on. Sure the ones currently on low gear who do this are all for it but once they come to the point where they cant do anything without some random c*nt coming to grief/karmabomb them just for the sake of being a ----- theyll change their minds too.. 

and to those thinking pvp for spots is unfair and it should be just first come first serve do you see it as fair when 150 ap wizard can teleport from pack to pack and oneshot them so you dont get anything while youve been there for two hours on your main with twice the gear but you end up swapping channel because the retarded karma system wont allow you to pk him anymore and you cant match his clearspeed because of his class, not gear?

Honestly im on the verge of quitting and ive played since launch, love the game to death but if you keep pissing on all your older loyal players theyll end up leaving while the new people you catered to disappear too since most people just play for few months and move on anyway

P.S im not saying it should be made into something that allows bullying people either, but there should be some sort of mechanic to prevent the way its used currently to bully anyone out of a spot just by running back, either add back the exp loss but make it like 0,2% so its not as punishing or then reduce the amount of karma lost to like 10k so a 5 man group could grind the karma back about as fast as one person can run back to the spot and bomb them. anyone saying the current system is ok is just trolling or hasnt done any grinding in the game (or if they have they're probably the griefers who karmabomb everyone) no1 in their right mind would defend it otherwise

3 people like this

Posted

Karma bombing is just something PVP griefers made up when players refuse to be bullied out of an area by either returning or using tears they paid for. 

The karma system is ok the way it is.... in fact I say it isn't punishing enough, the amount of karma lost when killing someone unfairly should be increased. 

Gee, sure is fun when you can't do anything against someone weaker than you stealing the mobs you are trying to kill in an open world pvp game. Tell me again why did I bother to learn my class and gear up when I get punished for trying to defend my spot? But sure let's up karma loss since right now you can kill 4-5 people which is obviously to much. I mean think about the poor people getting killed, they might lose trade items and a few seconds of their life for having to respawn at the node! That is just horrible, oh God the humanity. 

3 people like this

Posted

Gee, sure is fun when you can't do anything against someone weaker than you stealing the mobs you are trying to kill in an open world pvp game. Tell me again why did I bother to learn my class and gear up when I get punished for trying to defend my spot? But sure let's up karma loss since right now you can kill 4-5 people which is obviously to much. I mean think about the poor people getting killed, they might lose trade items and a few seconds of their life for having to respawn at the node! That is just horrible, oh God the humanity. 

not your spot, you don't own anything in the game, game belongs to everyone, learn to share and stop being greedy. 

2 people like this

Posted

not your spot, you don't own anything in the game, game belongs to everyone, learn to share and stop being greedy. 

I hate this response. I can only imagine it comes from very casual players who can't defend their spot. I would have no problem with sharing my spot If party play was a thing in this game. But it literally does not exist. If you party with someone you both lose 50 %xp, 50% money and most likely will be to fast for the spot since almost every top grind spot in this game requires no gear at all. It's not about being greedy, it's about not being absolutely -----d in the ass by this stupid party system. The only time I party with people is if I am leveling an alt at sausans and new players ask to join. 

If they didn't intend grind rotations that you try to defend from other players tell me why we have open world pvp in this game at all? It's the only thing you can fight about. 

You say I don't own a spot? True but I have an analogy for you. Let's say you sit on a bench in a park. Obviously this bench is owned by the government and everyone can sit there and you don't own it if you currently sit on it. But if someone came along and said "move I want to sit here now" or if they just randomly sit very close to you even though there enough other benches you would be pissed. While technically they are allowed to do that and you have no more right to sit on the bench than they do, you will still say "what's the matter with you, I was here first"  

1 person likes this

Posted

I think the people who try to karma bomb are definitely the more toxic of the two groups. People love to just walk up and start killing my mobs, often literally as I'm engaging them, I kill them, and they immediately resort to name-calling, crying, etc. What? Haha. These are also the same idiots who do rotations that don't make sense, kill at random, and do other stupid things that just wastes everyone's time, theirs, mine, everyone else there.

Karma bombers are all "you don't own this spot". Well, neither do you? I think the person who does a rotation should be the one who does it most efficiently, there first or not. If you're at sausans trying to solo with your 120 ap, don't be real surprised if you get ganked, farmed over, etc. No one wants to watch you barely kill mobs when they can kill a rotation efficiently, nor will they want you to kill any of the mobs in their rotation, as it lowers their efficiency, and this is a game about grinding as efficiently as possible since everything takes forever.

I don't think we need to bring back xp loss, but I'd be fine with what the OP said, or if you get killed by PvP death, send that idiot back to a capital. Like, if I kill someone at pirates, send that idiot back to Calpheon. Someone at Sausans, go back to Heidel or Altinova. People will think twice about wasting everyone's time as the effort to do so increases drastically. Or make it to where if you are killed by too many PvP deaths (from the same person) in a certain time period this happens. Like, if you die to PvP death twice in 10 minutes, you get sent back to a capital. That way people who respect your win are able to just go do something else, while idiots who try to karma bomb you have to ride a long way to get back to you, instead of showing up every few seconds.

Karma penalties are honestly insane, and extremely severe for what currently happens if you get killed by a pker, which is essentially nothing. People get SO HYPE to drop your karma, it's so crazy toxic I'm surprised any sensible people still play this game and put up with people like that. Since you don't lose anything on PvP death, I barely even see the reason for the karma system to begin with.

3 people like this

Posted

Karma penalties can't be that bad since people continue to attack randomly? I don't agree with Karma bombing though that's just not using the system properly, but maybe some people get what they deserve sometimes. Yesterday I was farming sausans and was basically done so I was about to leave, but someone came along and decided to attack me. I was on my noob dk so I just decided to leave, but I looked behind and the guy was still trying to chase me! I mean at this point it would have been faster to let him kill me and go to node lol. But well dk is faster so whatever I changed channel, but this is just an example of how people can be really toxic idiots. I'm sorry there are honest people that suffers though, but I can see why karma bombing happens... 

3 people like this

Posted

This is truly an epic system if it exists. Is it long ago since it was implemented? I would b more surprised if we didnt get it 

Posted

says the karma bomber

Posted (edited)

I was leveling an alt with a group of 3 on the second rotation at sausans the other day, had done about an hour's worth of laps with no issue until an awakened witch and musa (who had nothing to do with the each other) appeared and started taking every camp they could teleport/dash spam to first. The response to us asking if they wanted to party was, "Nah." from the witch, and just silence from the musa. The witch was griefing the main rotation too, so she only showed up maybe once every couple of laps, but the musa was the bigger annoyance since he basically pushed us out (our party being undergeared 55 alts) of our rotations completely. And when I attempted to stay ahead of him after about 10 minutes of this going on, he flagged up and started killing us. I could keep running back as I had no tears, or could've even gotten on my main and attempted to contest the area, but in the end both options would really be a waste of time for me, as I had better ways to spend it.

It's situations like this that I wish the karma system was more penalizing for stronger people who unfairly pk for the purpose of taking over rotations, but I know if the circumstances were reversed (soloing rotations for some time and a party of griefers come to steal/mess up the camps), I'd want to be able to defend it without being afraid of an arbitrary system that favors the griefers. The point being, I agree the system needs to be revamped, but it has to be in a way that's more than just oscillating from one extreme to the other of the karma system, as both allow griefing regardless.

I expect it's something that can't be done without messing with other aspects of the game, such as general party play that's mentioned above.

Edited by Blossora
3 people like this

Posted

bring back xp loss in pvp

Posted

You say I don't own a spot? True but I have an analogy for you. Let's say you sit on a bench in a park. Obviously this bench is owned by the government and everyone can sit there and you don't own it if you currently sit on it. But if someone came along and said "move I want to sit here now" or if they just randomly sit very close to you even though there enough other benches you would be pissed. While technically they are allowed to do that and you have no more right to sit on the bench than they do, you will still say "what's the matter with you, I was here first"  

Interesting..... well allow me to retort....

if someone sat close to me I would say:

" can you move down a bit so we can both share the seat " if they do, great! if they don't I would SCREAM MY F**KING HEAD OFF RIGHT IN THEIR FACE UNTIL THEY MOVED!!

Real life is very different to the game, in real  life i could push them off, that accounts for assault and I get arrested under the law and prosecuted, there is the deterrent...like the karma system...bad attitude incurs bad consequences.... you can't share and kill someone in-game just because you refuse to share and it takes you a little longer to get that EXP then.... prepare to be punished....

I'm sorry but this accounts to greedy people wanting a whole area to themselves.... there are i think 36 channels now... lets say there are 150 good spots per channel, and I'm being very generous with the numbers here, that 5400 good spots in the game at any one time..... census says their are over 90,000 EU players above 56, reduce by 66% so 30,000 fully active players, lets further reduce by 66% and say 10,000 are grinders.... even when we reduce the numbers dramatically there STILL isn't enough to go round...

My advice.... share.... 

bring back xp loss in pvp

Yes, but as an addition to karma loss for the person you unfairly killed you, not the victim...

2 people like this

Posted

That system would be cruel to any new or weaker players so I'm against it.I don't speak on my own behalf as I'm capable of dealing with attackers. I'm speaking for those who just started the game, who didn't benefit from the immeasurable "gifts" of having three accounts on three servers before they merged, those who didn't receive free Leader Armor from those boxes, those who missed the massive monthly rewards before they were brought down to reasonable levels. It's easy for those who don't have to worry to complain about being unable to kill endlessly. It's easy to see things only from your own perspective. A system that punishes new players, makes them feel inadequate, and discourages them will only result in "the casuals" leaving for a "better game"...and then, Black Desert becomes as barren as its title suggests. This issue could actually be solved by creating more areas that are worthwhile for players instead of having just three to four prime areas. PvP is nice but it's almost forced at the upper fifties. That shouldn't be the case. Areas need to be overhauled to add greater variety in experience and silver. That would alleviate karma-bombing as well as make "casuals" feel more welcome and and free to play as they wish. I really apologize if I came off as rude here....

Posted

I was leveling an alt with a group of 3 on the second rotation at sausans the other day, had done about an hour's worth of laps with no issue until an awakened witch and musa (who had nothing to do with the each other) appeared and started taking every camp they could teleport/dash spam to first. The response to us asking if they wanted to party was, "Nah." from the witch, and just silence from the musa. The witch was griefing the main rotation too, so she only showed up maybe once every couple of laps, but the musa was the bigger annoyance since he basically pushed us out (our party being undergeared 55 alts) of our rotations completely. And when I attempted to stay ahead of him after about 10 minutes of this going on, he flagged up and started killing us. I could keep running back as I had no tears, or could've even gotten on my main and attempted to contest the area, but in the end both options would really be a waste of time for me, as I had better ways to spend it.

It's situations like this that I wish the karma system was more penalizing for stronger people who unfairly pk for the purpose of taking over rotations, but I know if the circumstances were reversed (soloing rotations for some time and a party of griefers come to steal/mess up the camps), I'd want to be able to defend it without being afraid of an arbitrary system that favors the griefers. The point being, I agree the system needs to be revamped, but it has to be in a way that's more than just oscillating from one extreme to the other of the karma system, as both allow griefing regardless.

I expect it's something that can't be done without messing with other aspects of the game, such as general party play that's mentioned above.

now that situation simply wouldn't happen If that witch and musa had better places to grind oI the mainland than Sausan. Least on the regular. Bashims, cadrys, cntaurI and basilisks are RIGHT THERE, but grinding them is much less money than sausans. EvenI the xp difference isn't THAT significant.

Posted (edited)

Interesting..... well allow me to retort....

if someone sat close to me I would say:

" can you move down a bit so we can both share the seat " if they do, great! if they don't I would SCREAM MY F**KING HEAD OFF RIGHT IN THEIR FACE UNTIL THEY MOVED!!

Real life is very different to the game, in real  life i could push them off, that accounts for assault and I get arrested under the law and prosecuted, there is the deterrent...like the karma system...bad attitude incurs bad consequences.... you can't share and kill someone in-game just because you refuse to share and it takes you a little longer to get that EXP then.... prepare to be punished....

I'm sorry but this accounts to greedy people wanting a whole area to themselves.... there are i think 36 channels now... lets say there are 150 good spots per channel, and I'm being very generous with the numbers here, that 5400 good spots in the game at any one time..... census says their are over 90,000 EU players above 56, reduce by 66% so 30,000 fully active players, lets further reduce by 66% and say 10,000 are grinders.... even when we reduce the numbers dramatically there STILL isn't enough to go round...

My advice.... share.... 

Yes, but as an addition to karma loss for the person you unfairly killed you, not the victim...

I realize that my example wasn't the best but let me try to explain it a bit further because I think we are having a bit of an misunderstanding. I have a problem with people who go up to a spot where someone is already farming and by killing the mobs basically say "either you leave or sacrifice efficiency for me just because I don't feel like taking a different spot or talking/fighting it out". What you fail to mention that these people often don't even want to party up. Because they want the spot for themselves as well. And this right here is the problem I am talking about. If someone decides to go this way there is nothing you can do about it if you don't want to go negative karma. The fact remains that this game is an open world pvp game but fights are not decided by who is stronger or better but by who abuses the broken karma system and is more patient. 

Also xp loss for the attacker but not the attacked? I am at a loss of words and struggle to not result to insults.  In a system where the attacker is the only one who is punished heavily in an open world pvp game you want him to be punished even more? I am starting to think this is not your kind of game because you lose nothing if you get killed in this game besides taking a hit to your ego I guess. But if you can't take that hit you should just go back to single player games. 

Edited by Angwar
1 person likes this

Posted

No offense but what you say simply is utter bs*. Ive just now been leveling on Pirate Island and after a few rotations a group of 3 came and attacked me. So i killed them. They came back and i killed them again and at this point sent them they should please stop this as i just want to go on for a littlle bit longer. As attacking me obviously didnt seem to work they started griefing as running around me and trying to leech everything im attacking. Im a patient person so i thought they might loose their will if i just keep going but they didnt. So at one point i killed them again now going on my Karma and told them to please now stay away. They didnt. Thet went on until i was deeply into negative Karma. 

All they did was harass me and i can do nothing against it but getting punished for defending my spot, that to be mentioned has nowhere near the capability to feed xp to even 2 people. 

My suggestion is to prohibit this behaviour, take the karma system out of the game so that we can kill whoever we want whenever we want without punishment. After all this is a PvP Game and so far the Karma System has way more negative than positive Aspects.

Simply wrong. As in every other game, when you come to an empty spot you "claim" it for yourself. As long as you are there it is yours. Though if someone comes and wants to group you sure can agree to that. If not he can try to force you to leave where the "Right of the Strong" comes into play. If he beats you, fight again and vice versa. But if one party is cleary stronger than the other you could simply have to take that hit to your ego and accept that ones in your life you wont get your will.

Not to mention that especially BDO has a XP and Group System that makes playing in groups completly unefficient in 90% of the cases.

Sorry for the bible ive written here and #bankarmabombers! 

I realize that my example wasn't the best but let me try to explain it a bit further because I think we are having a bit of an misunderstanding. I have a problem with people who go up to a spot where someone is already farming and by killing the mobs basically say "either you leave or sacrifice efficiency for me just because I don't feel like taking a different spot or talking/fighting it out". What you fail to mention that these people often don't even want to party up. Because they want the spot for themselves as well. And this right here is the problem I am talking about. If someone decides to go this way there is nothing you can do about it if you don't want to go negative karma. The fact remains that this game is an open world pvp game but fights are not decided by who is stronger or better but by who abuses the broken karma system and is more patient. 

Also xp loss for the attacker but not the attacked? I am at a loss of words and struggle to not result to insults.  In a system where the attacker is the only one who is punished heavily in an open world pvp game you want him to be punished even more? I am starting to think this is not your kind of game because you lose nothing if you get killed in this game besides taking a hit to your ego I guess. But if you can't take that hit you should just go back to single player games. 

"By who abuses the broken karma system and is more patient" is probably the most fitting description in most cases.

Posted

This has nothing to do with ego, this has to do with fairness as a whole. Its true, I don't believe PVP in this type of game works fairly, no matter how many times they change it IF they change it there will always be a group which will say they are at a loss and a group that says it is fine. You have to take into account casual players too. Not everyone can spend hours a day at this game but still want to enjoy it when they do get time. Its not fair being bullied out of an area by a stronger opponent because you haven't had the time to spend loads of time playing a game due to RL. Players shouldn't be disadvantaged because even tho the motivation to play loads is there, they just can't allocate the time for what ever RL issues they have, you can say that players that play loads shouldn't be disadvantaged aswell.

I know the system isn't perfect but I think its working the best it can at the moment.

In your case my addition would work well, the intention to XP loss for attackers were to griefers and trolls only.

I agree its a broken system, I'm glad they removed XP loss and maybe bringing it back for either the attacker or the victim would be a bad idea.... but removing karma would just increase PVP Trolls, griefers and abusers while increasing it will make PVP unplayable.... so in short I don't know what the answer is that will make everyone happy.

What they do need to do is fix the party XP boosters and party XP Share.... you need to make being in a party more beneficial and attractive, giving more shared XP between party members AND better XP boosters the more players you have in a party, this will deter people muscling in while giving better XP while farming.

No offense but what you say simply is utter bs*. Ive just now been leveling on Pirate Island and after a few rotations a group of 3 came and attacked me. So i killed them. They came back and i killed them again and at this point sent them they should please stop this as i just want to go on for a littlle bit longer. As attacking me obviously didnt seem to work they started griefing as running around me and trying to leech everything im attacking. Im a patient person so i thought they might loose their will if i just keep going but they didnt. So at one point i killed them again now going on my Karma and told them to please now stay away. They didnt. Thet went on until i was deeply into negative Karma. 

All they did was harass me and i can do nothing against it but getting punished for defending my spot, that to be mentioned has nowhere near the capability to feed xp to even 2 people. 

My suggestion is to prohibit this behaviour, take the karma system out of the game so that we can kill whoever we want whenever we want without punishment. After all this is a PvP Game and so far the Karma System has way more negative than positive Aspects.

Simply wrong. As in every other game, when you come to an empty spot you "claim" it for yourself. As long as you are there it is yours. Though if someone comes and wants to group you sure can agree to that. If not he can try to force you to leave where the "Right of the Strong" comes into play. If he beats you, fight again and vice versa. But if one party is cleary stronger than the other you could simply have to take that hit to your ego and accept that ones in your life you wont get your will.

Not to mention that especially BDO has a XP and Group System that makes playing in groups completly unefficient in 90% of the cases.

Sorry for the bible ive written here and #bankarmabombers! 

We will have to agree to disagree then since I think Karma Bombing doesn't exist. I just share, Never had a problem and I've farmed every area, If I have problems I just move or change channel, even if I was there first, Its allot quicker and easier in my opinion. This False sense of entitlement which people think they can claim a spot is beyond ridiculous and funny at the same time to me.... its just a game....no point getting your knickers in a twist over....it just creates animosity and is very toxic.

If these people harass you just move, be the bigger man and don't retaliate, you lost time by constantly fighting where if you moved of changed channel you could have saved yourself time and done more farming elsewhere. That's what I do and im a such happier farmer for it and less stressed over it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Karma bombing is definitely a cancer that needs to be cut from the game. Those that say, "There is no such thing as Karma bombing" are full of it.

If I am in a spot and someone wants to take it from me, then let the pvp commence. If I lose the pvp, then I am out. I will move on, switch channels etc. There have been countless times where I or guild mates encounter karma bombing. It happens daily. If you grind in this game and are not a pure life skiller, you are going to encounter karma bombers. Right now jack asses like NoMercy are trolling ppl with statements like "there is no such thing as karma bombing." 

Does KR BDO actually have the 10 minute kill timer for karma bombers? 

Another thing that needs to be fixed is the fact you can not war guilds if your guild owns a node. That is just absurd.

Anyway, I am for a change to our current karma system. If the KR version is indeed true, I would be happy with that.

Posted

LOOK AN INFLUX OF CRYBABY KARMA BOMBERS, KARMA BOMB ME BABY I DON'T CARE, I'LL MAKE YOU CRY

Posted (edited)

I'm no programmer so this might be impossible but how about this. When a player is "unfairly killed" the game checks there AP/DP vs the area there in and compares it to a reference table that BDO would have to make. if they fall with in a min max then they "should be there" if they exceed the min max, no penilty is issued to the attacking player. If they are in the range then it dose the same check on the attacker. If both are in range then current karma system applies. If the attacked player is in range but the attacker is above the penilty is increased if he is below the penilty is decreased. If both players are outside of the range then no karma penilty.

This should be paired with more high level places to

lvl and increased exp for party's and higher level mobs.

Edited by zodicus
1 person likes this

Posted

Here is an idea, how about making new content like the desert and the upcoming Kamasylvia relevant like you know lvl 60s etc being encouraged to go there due to nice loot and better experience. Make it to where killing grey mobs gives no experience and very little chance at loot. Add in about 3000 more sausans and get rid of the navigation crapola issue in the deserts. They add all this content that no one benefits from when there are real shortages of mobs and high level players picking on lowbies trying to level because they dont want to deal with the desert which is not rewarding enough to put up with.

The real issue here is not karma bombers, which i do agree exist and are mostly unguilded scrubs who purposefully show up in your face to force you to leave or go red. Others are people who are selling accounts so you will see groups of 5 of them show up unguilded in your rotation and you are screwed .

So to recap...add more mobs that are worth grinding for exp and loot for the higher level players, remove the incentive to grind mobs that are grey to your character and remove the negative aspects of desert and deep ocean adventure. Seriously is it neccassary to have huge boat eating fish every 100 yards and Pirates in the gaps with the whole typhoon deal and huge pirate that you cant run from?  That is not fun at all.

What will all this do? It will basicly leave you with a very low percentage of high level players that grief regardless but it will move the majority to the new areas and adding alot more mobs to grind productively will give players options that dont encourage karma bombing.

Please, if you follow my plan the game will benefit in a huge way. If you dont you will just continue to make it difficult to love Black desert Online.

Posted

If such a system exists it's probably because KR has much harder karma penalties. I believe killing a players costs something as ridiculous as -200k karma. So makes sense if they get 10 minutes of karma immunity v.s that one players afterwards. Otherwise they wouldn't be able to even attack a second time, without going negative.

So not really sure I want the full Korean karma system lol. Think I prefer our -60k for killing someone.